PDA

View Full Version : Best idea ever for Assassin's Creed 4

DreadxHawk
03-09-2012, 07:54 AM
I think it would be amazing if ubisoft did a ww2 setting where Hitler was in possession of a piece of Eden, controlling his armies to do his bidding. He wouldn't be a templar though, he would just he the power hungry dictator he was. It would then be a race between the assassin's and the templar's to assassinate the leader of Nazi Germany and take his apple. You would play as an assassin struggling to get past Hitler's seemingly endless waves of Nazis, and the templars who are attempting the same thing. Missions would consist of infiltrations of the many places Hitler visited, stopping templar attempts of stealing the apple, and attempting to destroy Hitler's armies. Who else thinks this idea is amazing and is a must do for Ubisoft?

sticks165
03-09-2012, 08:00 AM
Hitler was a Templar though

DreadxHawk
03-09-2012, 08:01 AM
Hitler was a Templar though

where does it say this

sticks165
03-09-2012, 08:03 AM
http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Hitler

DreadxHawk
03-09-2012, 08:06 AM
http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Hitler

oh well, could still do the whole stealing his piece of eden thing. still sounds pretty bad ***, am I right?

Jayden26
03-09-2012, 08:17 AM
AC during WW2 would be amazing, there are so many things they could do with it.
But me personally I would love to see an AC set in Federation Australia, or Russian Revolution.

Lonesoldier2012
03-09-2012, 08:21 AM
Meh. Ww2 is over used as a game setting.

DreadxHawk
03-09-2012, 08:23 AM

though its never been done in anything like assassins creed

Lonesoldier2012
03-09-2012, 08:24 AM

That's true. but i think there would be too many guns.

Puppet627
03-09-2012, 08:25 AM
Ubisoft have said before that they want to take the franchise in eras that haven't been explored in video games so I doubt WW2 would be the setting for whatever AC game comes next.

DreadxHawk
03-09-2012, 08:26 AM
That's true. but i think there would be too many guns.

true, though when theirs a huge amount of soldiers it could be stealth missions

DreadxHawk
03-09-2012, 08:27 AM
Ubisoft have said before that they want to take the franchise in eras that haven't been explored in video games so I doubt WW2 would be the setting for whatever AC game comes next.

True, but assassins creed in ww2 just sounds too good to pass up

Lonesoldier2012
03-09-2012, 08:29 AM
true, though when theirs a huge amount of soldiers it could be stealth missions

I'd like that.

Jayden26
03-09-2012, 08:32 AM
Why can't the assassin just use a gun in a WW2 scenario. You sure as hell don't bring a knife to a gun fight, right?

Lonesoldier2012
03-09-2012, 08:34 AM
Why can't the assassin just use a gun in a WW2 scenario. You sure as hell don't bring a knife to a gun fight, right?

If i may quote a tombstone from a very unpopular videogame [plus one point if you get the reference] "Here lies Shifty Mckite. brought his knife to a sword fight."

Jayden26
03-09-2012, 08:43 AM
I don't get it?

Epsilonyx
03-09-2012, 09:00 AM
It would never work. They would have to remove the core mechanics of Assassin's Creed and basically turn it in to Splinter Cell. I have no idea what's going to happen at the end of this game, as its been confirmed this is Desmond's last game. Where will we go after that? I think a prequel is in order...

. -.. . -.

pirate1802
03-09-2012, 09:00 AM

The Saboteur.

pirate1802
03-09-2012, 09:02 AM
Also, Velvet Assassin.

souNdwAve89
03-09-2012, 09:40 AM
Probably won't happen since Corey May is really against the idea of an AC game being set during WW2.

Lonesoldier2012
03-09-2012, 09:41 AM
I don't get it?

I don't think anyone will. the game was very unpopular.

D.I.D.
03-09-2012, 09:47 AM
"Hitler" and "video game"? My God, this will be revolutionary.

gmoney8869
03-09-2012, 11:16 AM
Sounds alot like The Saboteur.

I guess it could be good, but they would need to completely change the game mechanics to be more of a TPS.

@OP, have you really thought this out? Your post sounds more like you just had some image of a WW2 Assassin and instantly decided that it would be the best option. There are countless periods of history to choose from.

Where would it be set? WW2 took place all over the world, and AC is typically set in one area. Would it be in Paris, so you could help the Resistance? Too bad, Saboteur already did it. You mention killing Hitler, so would it be set in Berlin? Not much fighting took place in Berlin until the Soviets got there, and then Hitler killed himself. You say it's "too good to pass up", but what is even so good about it? Why is fighting with guns better than with blades? What sets it apart from other WW2 games? Climbing? You can already climb and shoot in Uncharted, and most people don't think it has very good gameplay.

What "places that Hitler visited" would you go to? He mostly stayed in Berlin. He never left Germany. He died in his underground bunker in the middle of Berlin.

True_Assassin92
03-09-2012, 11:43 AM
It would never work. They would have to remove the core mechanics of Assassin's Creed and basically turn it in to Splinter Cell. I have no idea what's going to happen at the end of this game, as its been confirmed this is Desmond's last game. Where will we go after that? I think a prequel is in order...

. -.. . -.
Exactly a prequel would be way better in my opinion, in that case we could explore Ancient Rome and follow Caesar!

bradbirty
03-09-2012, 11:58 AM
victorian london with the royal family areas of upper class run down areas with homeless people and with jack the ripper on the loose and iconic buildings to clime

S.V.
03-09-2012, 12:02 PM
best idea would be think to AC 3

pirate1802
03-09-2012, 12:08 PM
For the next series they should go back in time and explore the lives of the six assassins whose statues we saw in Villa Auditore.

LightRey
03-09-2012, 12:10 PM
For the next series they should go back in time and explore the lives of the six assassins whose statues we saw in Villa Auditore.

With "back in time" I would hope you mean taking away the animus concept and just having those guys as main characters.

Assassin_M
03-09-2012, 12:22 PM
If thats your best Idea, Id hate to to hear your worst..

pirate1802
03-09-2012, 12:25 PM
With "back in time" I would hope you mean taking away the animus concept and just having those guys as main characters.

Yes. I don't hate Desmond or the modern day setting, I just feel the historical setting is AC's main draw.

LightRey
03-09-2012, 12:49 PM
Yes. I don't hate Desmond or the modern day setting, I just feel the historical setting is AC's main draw.

Good. Just making sure. We've had people suggest time travel here before.

Mr_Shade
03-09-2012, 01:07 PM
Tbh I think it maybe worth waiting til we have played ACIII to see what direction, if any the current story or people, can go in.....

Thats assuming there is an AC4 - since as always no comment on unannounced games.

Assassin_M
03-09-2012, 01:08 PM
Tbh I think it maybe worth waiting til we have played ACIII to see what direction, if any the current story or people, can go in..
Yeah I mean.. why rush things ?
Last year, right after ACR was announced people were already speculating about AC III
NOW AC III is announced and yet people are still speculating about whats after...

Mr_Shade
03-09-2012, 01:14 PM
Yeah I mean.. why rush things ?
Last year, right after ACR was announced people were already speculating about AC III
NOW AC III is announced and yet people are still speculating about whats after...
Indeed..

While I understand the need to be the first to try and guess, sometimes you need some basis from the last game...

However I have to be very careful even saying that - since someone will post saying that "Ubisoft confirmed AC4" due to my posts.. LOL

Assassin_M
03-09-2012, 01:21 PM
Indeed..

While I understand the need to be the first to try and guess, sometimes you need some basis from the last game...

However I have to be very careful even saying that - since someone will post saying that "Ubisoft confirmed AC4" due to my posts.. LOL
Yeah, people around here can make all sorts of guesses from one innocent phrase...
Like if I said "hey, there you look good"
They might think its a conspiracy to annihilate all good looking people and that phrase was the secret code which means "Fire on my mark" xD

FilipinoNinja67
03-09-2012, 01:41 PM
WWII AC? I would love an AC setting be similar to The Sabotuer. Would be pretty kool

Epsilonyx
03-09-2012, 02:38 PM
A story of some Assassin not linked to Desmond at all would feel weird to me. The sci-fi stuff is the core of AC, it would be wrong to take it out. That said, it would also be wrong to take out the historical aspect of it. Regardless, I would definitely buy a game where you play as Adam in Eden, fighting the First Civ.

pirate1802
03-09-2012, 02:43 PM
good. Just making sure. We've had people suggest time travel here before.

@_@ lol

LightRey
03-09-2012, 02:53 PM
@_@ lol

yeah, I know. Most of it is based off this one mention of a spacetime-affecting PoE in AC1 (on Alan Rikkin's laptop), but the very fact that TWCB obviously didn't time travel makes the entire concept unlikely to be much more than relatively significant spacetime distortion.

CreedVision
03-09-2012, 05:58 PM
If the WW2 idea were used though, would the assassin be German? Because then we'd hear the "violence against Germans" speech.

Sephirothj666
11-29-2012, 07:16 AM
Think about it. the assassin could come from one of the Concentration camps. Be recruited into the brother hood by a fellow assassin, move up through the ranks and finally recieve the mission to take down hitler, its an amazing idea

Assassin_M
11-29-2012, 07:21 AM
Think about it. the assassin could come from one of the Concentration camps. Be recruited into the brother hood by a fellow assassin, move up through the ranks and finally recieve the mission to take down hitler, its an amazing idea
Nope...

Still sounds bad

montagemik
11-29-2012, 07:26 AM
I think it would be amazing if ubisoft did a ww2 setting where Hitler was in possession of a piece of Eden, controlling his armies to do his bidding. He wouldn't be a templar though, he would just he the power hungry dictator he was. It would then be a race between the assassin's and the templar's to assassinate the leader of Nazi Germany and take his apple. You would play as an assassin struggling to get past Hitler's seemingly endless waves of Nazis, and the templars who are attempting the same thing. Missions would consist of infiltrations of the many places Hitler visited, stopping templar attempts of stealing the apple, and attempting to destroy Hitler's armies. Who else thinks this idea is amazing and is a must do for Ubisoft?

Ironic they won't use Japan as an AC setting (Because apparently it's overused in film & games already ) - but one of the Devs & lots of fans would be fine with WW2 :rolleyes:

How many FPS & Movies in WW2 been made so far ???? Just what AC needs A Tin hat & a machine gun ..............THAT Happens - i'm gone from the series. LOL
BAAAAAD IDEA in my personal opinion .

kriegerdesgottes
11-29-2012, 07:27 AM
Personally I think it would be terrible to put the franchise in such an overused setting. Also Corey May once said that as long as he works for Ubisoft, the franchise will NEVER take place during WWII.

wowzabob
11-29-2012, 07:52 AM
In my opinion whatever is next in the assassin's creed franchise will without a doubt take place during some historical period.

I have two ideas as to when it should take place, both I think are very cool.

The first on I'd like to see take place during World War I era Serbia. If you think about the powder keg that was Europe at the time the intensity of the time period just works. I think that the series needs a little more historical dynamic, in terms of big events. All the elements of an Assassin's creed would fit right into place. You'd have the Imperialism on nationalistic Serbia in the east from the Ottoman empire and in the West from Austro-Hungary. Hell Serbia even had a rebel quasi assassin group called the Black Hand that assassinated Franz Ferdinand and led to World War I. The setting would be a compromise for those wanting WWII and in my opinion a much better setting as war tech wasn't as far along.

My other idea isn't as developed but is still great. A setting in Mexico at the time of their attempts at freeing themselves the Spain (think something along the lines of The Mask of Zorro). This idea had replaced one earlier I had about the Spaniard take over of south America and the abuse of the native people there, Inca I believe. That whole feel though has been replaced by the natives in Assassin's creed III.

Both of these however are all very Euro-centric colonial time periods. I'd love it if Ubisoft took the the thing in a whole new time period escaping Europe and any colonial time period. Not even necessarily Europe I just don't want to see another game with England and colonialism. I'd go for something like Roman Empire (think Spartacus). I'd also go for a small portion of the game to take place in a really early civilization, it would be interesting but limited, hence only being a short segment: Egypt, Mesopotamia, Maya, Polynesia,.

Assassin_M
11-29-2012, 07:58 AM
Do not propose a Modern Setting...end of story

Yes i`m an/a (any insult you might throw at me)

montagemik
11-29-2012, 08:00 AM
In my opinion whatever is next in the assassin's creed franchise will without a doubt take place during some historical period.

REALLY ?? ...............Deducted that all by yourself did ya ? :rolleyes:

scooper121s
11-29-2012, 09:21 AM
Victorian England. Although after that lets turn back the clock, lets go to Middle age Europe, not the Renaissance period of Italy, not the crusades, how about Charles the great, a few years before the first crusade, how about William the conqueror, how about Henry the 8th, Henry the 2nd, the signing of the magna carta, or perhaps go even further back to the rule of the Holy Roman Empire, not necessarily in Italy, or even further to ancient Greece or even Egypt, No Egypt would not be boring, rather it would be similar to AC1, or how about we go to feudal japan as so many want, or even Arthur, the once and future king, bring a bit of fantasy to the AC genre. Anything but WW2,http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRR8GLG1ahgL2Zd408phBw8mxqYSsc0X MpkshAAZzVxySh695tZc82cKP_mWQ

shobhit7777777
11-29-2012, 10:45 AM
The 70s....perfect era and setting

Hashashins guize.....

psf22
11-29-2012, 10:46 AM
Ironic they won't use Japan as an AC setting (Because apparently it's overused in film & games already ) - but one of the Devs & lots of fans would be fine with WW2 :rolleyes:

How many FPS & Movies in WW2 been made so far ???? Just what AC needs A Tin hat & a machine gun ..............THAT Happens - i'm gone from the series. LOL
BAAAAAD IDEA in my personal opinion .

The lesser guns the better :p
That's why i like this series so much

montagemik
11-29-2012, 10:55 AM
I'm not overly thrilled with the pistols - but with their reload time limiting mass use - i can deal with that .

Blades & more hand to hand is what i like for the assassinations. Lets Snap some limbs .

TwoDents
11-29-2012, 11:11 AM
Honestly, if the next AC was in the WW2 era, I probably wouldn't buy it. I remember when WW2 was the bee's knees, it was done to death. After the billionth WW2 game, I grew utterly sick of it. Thankfully it died out. Now I'm waiting for the MMS (Modern Military Shooter. Like, for example, the atrocity known as Medal Of Honor: Warfighter) genre to die out.

ze_topazio
11-29-2012, 11:33 AM
AC4 should take place in 2004, turns out the Greek national football team are all templars and that's why they won the Euro, those bastards, main character would be master assassin Cristiano Ronaldo.

CRANK 132
11-29-2012, 11:45 AM

Definitely; the Nazis are best being left in the past in my opinion - I got fed up of killing them a long time ago.

CRANK 132
11-29-2012, 11:47 AM
It might be quite cool if we went further back in time - back to the times when we had to sacrifice the finger for the hidden blade - although I am not quite sure how this would work with the overall story progression.

Malufor
11-29-2012, 12:25 PM
New Setting: Switzerland. Just Look at Pictures of Bern and Basel and you know why those places are awesome for an ac setting.
Historical Background: War between Switzerland and Habsburg etc... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foundation_of_the_Old_Swiss_Confederacy#The_nucleu s

I know, this won't happend, but i like the idea.

shobhit7777777
11-29-2012, 01:13 PM
New Setting: Switzerland. Just Look at Pictures of Bern and Basel and you know why those places are awesome for an ac setting.
Historical Background: War between Switzerland and Habsburg etc... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foundation_of_the_Old_Swiss_Confederacy#The_nucleu s

I know, this won't happend, but i like the idea.

I don't mean to offend.....but I would prefer that the historic setting of AC4 is "grander".... for lack of a better word. That seems obscure...

World shaping events that everyone knows...or world famous settings that everyone is familiar with. Its more relatable

MasterAssasin84
11-29-2012, 01:24 PM
WW2 is out of the question because the AC team considered it unoriginal which to be fair there are loads of games based on around WW2 but i would like to see Feudal Japan

Another interesting one i thought off was Ancient Greece ?

pirate1802
11-29-2012, 01:26 PM
.. Or ancient Persia? Xerxes was murdered by a Persian assassin if I remember correctly?

DoctrZoidberg89
11-29-2012, 01:44 PM
Feudal Japan & WWII seem to be the most commonly requested time periods/settings, quite like Japan - but not very keen on WWII for an AC game.

Personally, I think the 1857 Indian Mutiny, (a hugely important event in British/Indian history) would be an interesting setting; a time of political/civil unrest cumulating in wide spread rebellion against the British Raj. 19th Century India - dense jungles, rich unique architecture, religious temples, interesting historical characters (Mangal Pandy, Rani Lakshmibia, Nana Sahib, Colin Campbell - Thuggee assassins, loyal/mutinous sepoy groups), thriving cities (Dehli, Jhansi, Cawnpore, Lucknow). Both sides committed some terrible attrocities, aswell as acts of heroism (Cawnpore Massacre, British punishment of captured mutineers - basically strapped to the muzzle of a canon and blown apart), could make for a great plot if written well.

I'm getting carried away here, just read "Flashman in the Great Game" for inspiration.

Cpt Comedy
11-29-2012, 02:04 PM
Somewhere in Asia would be great, Samurai Assassins with katana's :cool:

Dangerzone50
11-29-2012, 02:19 PM
the series writer already said that WW2 and feudal japan are "lame" ides... the wild west has been played out as well... I would not be suprised if AC4 goes back to biblical times, before even altair... to when tina and minerva were still alive or even during the first civ itself... several hints to this were dropped in Ac3 and they *usually* make good on those teases

LightRey
11-29-2012, 02:21 PM
the series writer already said that WW2 and feudal japan are "lame" ides... the wild west has been played out as well... I would not be suprised if AC4 goes back to biblical times, before even altair... to when tina and minerva were still alive or even during the first civ itself... several hints to this were dropped in Ac3 and they *usually* make good on those teases
Tina? o_O

Malufor
11-29-2012, 02:43 PM
I don't mean to offend.....but I would prefer that the historic setting of AC4 is "grander".... for lack of a better word. That seems obscure...

World shaping events that everyone knows...or world famous settings that everyone is familiar with. Its more relatable

yeah i see your point. but i think it could also be very interesting to discover new things. i mean lets be honest, french revolution? wwII? we all already know these storys. but yeah, your point is valid.

MasterAssasin84
11-29-2012, 02:46 PM
.. Or ancient Persia? Xerxes was murdered by a Persian assassin if I remember correctly?

Yes thats Correct he was Assassinated by a persian Assassin called Darius and he was also the First Assassin to use the Hidden blade.

ilya564181
11-29-2012, 03:24 PM
Russian Revolution, I'm for...

Dangerzone50
11-29-2012, 03:29 PM
or just jump ahead 70 years and do black assassin during the civil war... Robert E. lee > Charles Lee, nuff' said

MasterAssasin84
11-29-2012, 03:31 PM
or just jump ahead 70 years and do black assassin during the civil war... nuff' said

What civil war are you Reffering to ?

Dangerzone50
11-29-2012, 03:31 PM
the American one of course

Baked_Cookies
11-29-2012, 03:33 PM
WW2 is beating a dead horse when it comes to gameplay. It does sound like a pretty neat idea for the game. But that setting has been over done for sure by many games and even though it hasnt been done by a game style like AC it would still almost feel the same as playing any FPS that took place in the war. And yes I know AC is not an FPS so calm down

MasterAssasin84
11-29-2012, 03:33 PM
the American one of course

Thats already been done in Liberation ( New Orlenes )

LightRey
11-29-2012, 03:35 PM
Thats already been done in Liberation ( New Orlenes )
That's not the American civil war >___>

Dangerzone50
11-29-2012, 03:38 PM
Tbqh, i am kinda fond of the idea of doing multiple time periods... short brief visits with several ancestors in one game, each only having like like 4 or 5 sequences... the overall story would be following some piece of eden as it was found, used, then hidden again by several generations all throughout history... it would almost be like several ac games in one and the player could switch between the time periods/ancestors at will

MasterAssasin84
11-29-2012, 03:39 PM
That's not the American civil war >___>

FYI :)

New Orleans (http://forums.ubi.com/wiki/New_Orleans), in Louisiana (http://forums.ubi.com/wiki/Louisiana), was the largest city in the Southern States (http://forums.ubi.com/wiki/Southern_United_States) during the American Civil War (http://forums.ubi.com/wiki/American_Civil_War). It provided thousands of troops for the Confederate States Army (http://forums.ubi.com/wiki/Confederate_States_Army), as well as several leading officers and generals. Its location near the mouth of the Mississippi River (http://forums.ubi.com/wiki/Mississippi_River) made the city an important and early target of the Union Army (http://forums.ubi.com/wiki/Union_Army), which occupied the city for much of the war, eliminating its vital status as a port for export of cotton (http://forums.ubi.com/wiki/Cotton) and other Southern-produced trade goods

Dangerzone50
11-29-2012, 03:42 PM
read up on your history ghost, that was almost 50 years AFTER the events of AC3 and ACL...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Louisiana_Rebellion_of_1768 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Louisiana_Rebellion_of_1768)

THAT^^ is the story told in Liberation, in better historical detail than Ac3 held to with the revolutionary war i should add

This is why Louisiana is never truly liberated in the same, as she would have been too old to see the conflict through to its end, still... she had an impact, and her story seems to be an important one (even for a semi-canonical spinoff)

Em-Man
11-29-2012, 03:57 PM
I'd also go for a small portion of the game to take place in a really early civilization, it would be interesting but limited, hence only being a short segment: Egypt, Mesopotamia, Maya, Polynesia,.

How can ancient civilizations be limited when there is little to no historical records of them? Meaning that they have more freedom to do what they want, even drastic things like making the Sahara-desert a jungle that later became a desert due to a Piece of Eden-incident.

Really, choosing ancient civilizations is the way to go, especially considering how the overarching plot has progressed.

Tbqh, i am kinda fond of the idea of doing multiple time periods... short brief visits with several ancestors in one game, each only having like like 4 or 5 sequences... the overall story would be following some piece of eden as it was found, used, then hidden again by several generations all throughout history... it would almost be like several ac games in one and the player could switch between the time periods/ancestors at will

That would be truly amazing, even Corey May said that they originally always wanted to do this but can't due to the development time it would take.
This should really be their final goal with the franchise.

Dangerzone50
11-29-2012, 05:01 PM
nah, they wont do it cause why condense 3 to 5 stories into one game when they can draw it out into 5 individual games at 90 bucks a pop (that's 60 for the game and 30 for the inevitable dlc)

it would be possible to have each assassin and time period in its own city cause their stories will be short enough... instead of one assassin in 3 huge primary locals and 2-3 big side maps... divvy it up amongst them... its the same amount of content in the end

i just love the idea of seeing one character reach their end... the animus world ages and shifts, and another character pops in years later

MasterAssasin84
11-29-2012, 05:05 PM
Victorian England or India seem the most likely locations to be honest but i do think India will be an interesting one .

El_Noruego
11-29-2012, 05:08 PM
I agree. World War 2 would be a fresh setting seldom explored in video games.

El_Noruego
One word.musketeers.do that time line in the animus.still can have naval warfare and think of all the sword fights and swashbuckling wooooo.

No one buckles my swash but me.

Dangerzone50
another crackpot idea of mine was to have someone reliving the 2012 story many years later... and to have the 2012 story become the "past" while some new tale decades later is told as the new "present"

there, you see what happens when a real writer gets his hands on something like this, lol

MasterAssasin84
11-29-2012, 05:14 PM
another crackpot idea of mine was to have someone reliving the 2012 story many years later... and to have the 2012 story become the "past" while some new tale decades later is told as the new "present"

there, you see what happens when a real writer gets his hands on something like this, lol

Your a writer ???

I would certainly want the game to be in a historical setting and the Modern times to be set during present day but i do often wonder what the Assassins of the future would look like ?

El_Noruego
11-29-2012, 06:44 PM
Sigh dont you mean noones swashes my buckle but me.no but eriously why has no one thought of they. musketeers era for this game its a pitt y.

"Swashes my buckle" doesn't make sense. Buckle is the verb, and swash is the noun. Swashbuckler...the swash is being buckled.