40 percent Desmond

70-30
80-20
90-10
95-5

what do you think the ratio of connor gameplay/story compared to desmond

Moultonborough
03-09-2012, 07:11 AM
With Ubisoft starting a whole new ancestors story plus tying up all(or most) of the loose ends in 2012 I would like to see 50-50. However, I know that is unlikely, so I guess it will be 60-40 in Connor's favor. But, still it leaves a bit of a bad taste in my mouth. It cannot go at the normal pace like AC II-AC:B where they find what is needed at the very end. Desmond needs to find out what is in the Grand Temple I would guess about halfway through the game and focus the rest of his time getting rid of Vidic, Alan Rikkin(sp?) and the others. I will hate if it is rushed at the end just to fit it in.

EDIT: I am not including extra's. Just main story wise.

Lonesoldier2012
03-09-2012, 07:13 AM
60/40 In Connor's favor.

pirate1802
03-09-2012, 09:17 AM
80/20.

ace3001
03-09-2012, 09:55 AM
75/25: Connor/Desmond
But that 25 better be some solid gameplay and not third grader puzzles that're too easy.

D.I.D.
03-09-2012, 10:08 AM
90/10.

I think Desmond will get a few chunks of short gameplay during the game with a big mission at the end, but I'm not expecting it to add up to a huge quantity overall.

stefman6987
03-09-2012, 11:45 AM
wouldn't surprise me if it was 80/20 in connor's favor, i'm hoping for 60/40 or best 50/50.. the game needs to focus on desmond considering this is the end of his story, if it's just a small desmond's part i'll be pretty disappointed.. i find the desmond's part the most interesting lol, but the game has been in development for three years so even if the desmond's part is smaller, might still be pretty lengthy.

LightRey
03-09-2012, 11:48 AM
I'm thinking 30/70 : Desmond/Connor

Assassin_M
03-09-2012, 12:52 PM
Would I be crazy If I said I only want One Desmond Sequence outside the Animus ?
Seeing as a team of elite Templars are out to get William, thats the only time I`d want to see Desmond, along with the Beginning of the game of course..
That sequence is the only one I need to see desmond in to actually connect with him, A genius can make a personality out of Desmond using only a 20 minute sequence.... quantity doesnt matter

LightRey
03-09-2012, 01:03 PM
Would I be crazy If I said I only want One Desmond Sequence outside the Animus ?
Seeing as a team of elite Templars are out to get William, thats the only time I`d want to see Desmond, along with the Beginning of the game of course..
That sequence is the only one I need to see desmond in to actually connect with him, A genius can make a personality out of Desmond using only a 20 minute sequence.... quantity doesnt matter

True. Quality is much more important than quantity.

Assassin_M
03-09-2012, 01:06 PM
True. Quality is much more important than quantity.
If they manage to deliver only one, solid Desmond sequence... I`ll be satisfied..
Because they may make Desmond`s gameplay so long wth so many facetime with him, yet provide nothing in terms of character development..

notafanboy
03-09-2012, 01:15 PM
91% Connor 9% Desmond, Desmond can suck on a carrot... or something shaped like one.

LightRey
03-09-2012, 01:25 PM
91% Connor 9% Desmond, Desmond can suck on a carrot... or something shaped like one.

Don't really think I'd want him doing that in my beautiful ACIII...

Acrimonious_Nin
03-09-2012, 03:55 PM

XD lmao just because he killed your first love does not mean we might not see a rough 50/50 desmond/ratohnhake:ton. It should be more desmond and only what is needed by ratohnhake:ton.
if they do make it 91/9 'connor'/desmond then we can either expect a bad story plot on desmonds side or a spin off(which I highly doubt).

AnthonyA85
03-09-2012, 03:57 PM
At best, 50/50, since this is Desmond's last game, and he NEEDS his story to be finished in a good way (the same way Ezio's was), but i will be satisified with 60/40 Connor to Desmond, and that's it. Anything less than 40% for Desmond, and it will feel both rushed, and under developed, wasted oportunities, like others have said (and as I have said), he has unfinished business with Vidic, Rikkin, (and maybe) Cross.

He also has to stop and Sabotage/Destroy the satellite launch.

LightRey
03-09-2012, 04:00 PM
I say 50% is the maximum Desmond should get. This is not just his game, it's also Connor's game. More so in fact.

bleep bloop *achievement unlocked: 9k posts*

notafanboy
03-09-2012, 05:03 PM
i hope desmond dies a horrible and painfull way. Actually, Yatzee sums it up pretty well

Assassin_M
03-09-2012, 05:04 PM
i hope desmond dies a horrible and painfull way. Actually, Yatzee sums it up pretty well
Why the hate, buddy ? :D

notafanboy
03-09-2012, 05:12 PM
XD if they do make it 91/9 'connor'/desmond then we can either expect a bad story plot on desmonds side or a spin off(which I highly doubt).

that would be even worse, what would he do for 10 hours ? hunt vidic down and those suit-weraring tie-trolls ? theyŽre supposed to save the world and **** not hunt those people down. i mean, how succesfull do you think AC1 would have been if you played as another bland character voiced by nolan north

CreedVision
03-09-2012, 06:06 PM
While this is Desmond's last game apparently it's also (like the other games) about another assassin so Connor needs face time too. They should have set up this whole series to where you get to play as two to three assassins (like we have/are about to) and the last game (3rd/4th) be about Desmond. I know, it potentially sounds horrid to some. But if they set up the story to where he had to hunt the Templars for the PoE, then we'd get an AC in modern time.

Not trying to say the way it is now isn't good, especially since we haven't even seen the end. But this was a route I thought they were consider taking after ACII was coming out.

ThiagoRichter
03-09-2012, 06:27 PM
With Ubisoft starting a whole new ancestors story plus tying up all(or most) of the loose ends in 2012 I would like to see 50-50. However, I know that is unlikely, so I guess it will be 60-40 in Connor's favor. But, still it leaves a bit of a bad taste in my mouth. It cannot go at the normal pace like AC II-AC:B where they find what is needed at the very end. Desmond needs to find out what is in the Grand Temple I would guess about halfway through the game and focus the rest of his time getting rid of Vidic, Alan Rikkin(sp?) and the others. I will hate if it is rushed at the end just to fit it in.

EDIT: I am not including extra's. Just main story wise.
THIS.

I really wanted it to be 50/50. I've mentioned this before somewhere here in the forum, but a contemporary rendition of NYC would be amazing. I mean, really tall and iconic buildings, a LOT of people from all over the world... The possibilities are endless.
But, as much as I'd like to believe in a 50/50 scenario, I actually expect 70/30, Connor, so I would be happy with a 60/40. I mean, they barely mentioned Desmond so far. Ok, Connor is what's new, the new time period, yadda yadda yadda, so it makes sense the marketing would revolve around him. But I actually hope they FINALLY give Desmond a decent gameplay and satisfying story arch conclusion.
Ok, I'm still rooting for 50/50

pacmanate
03-09-2012, 08:55 PM
I really hope they give us a long time playing as a new assassin, even with altair, we still got to play as him in AC2 and in Revelations

SubjectZer0
03-09-2012, 09:01 PM
Despite it being desmonds final game I would not be surprised if he only gets 15% of gameplay, just like the other games before ubisoft promised more of desmond but failed to deliver but I dont care I just cant wait to play as Connor!!!...

smengler
03-09-2012, 09:37 PM
I hope the game has as much "in animus" gameplay as AC2, but a whole lot more Desmond gameplay. To make this game truly epic, we need a free-roam for Desmond also outside the animus. Freerunning in New York anyone? There could be some crazy chase scenes where you have to run through the streets of modern day New York, or maybe on top of skyscrapers (1000ft leap of faith from the Empire State Building :cool:)...

JCearlyyears
03-09-2012, 09:41 PM
I want it to be as they said where desmond becomes the ultimate assassin. so that being said, 50/50. I want desmond to do something in this unlike revelations where he did almost nothing. so far, desmond seems like he is an assassin recruit and not a master assassin, but yet still has not actually assassinated anyone but...

notafanboy
03-09-2012, 09:45 PM
THIS.

I really wanted it to be 50/50. I've mentioned this before somewhere here in the forum, but a contemporary rendition of NYC would be amazing. I mean, really tall and iconic buildings, a LOT of people from all over the world... The possibilities are endless.
But, as much as I'd like to believe in a 50/50 scenario, I actually expect 70/30, Connor, so I would be happy with a 60/40. I mean, they barely mentioned Desmond so far. Ok, Connor is what's new, the new time period, yadda yadda yadda, so it makes sense the marketing would revolve around him. But I actually hope they FINALLY give Desmond a decent gameplay and satisfying story arch conclusion.
Ok, I'm still rooting for 50/50

playing half of the game as desmond sounds F-ing weak-sauce and vfhfgfuyuyugiuNO BAD FANBOY !alright iŽll stop trolling now i promise !

Rycay
03-09-2012, 10:29 PM
Eh, 85/15 maybe.

SleezeRocker
03-09-2012, 11:36 PM
90/10 :p

GeneralTrumbo
03-09-2012, 11:42 PM
60/40 is what I would like, but I think Ubisoft is going to fail to deliver. They will give us a good 2 seconds of Desmond gameplay and Desmond's last game will end with a dumb ending that we all look back on saying how much it sucked. This point in the franchise is going towards terrible. I don't have much hope for the ending of this story.

pacmanate
03-09-2012, 11:47 PM
I don't see how they would manage it. Firstly they have to make us attached to Connor like they did with Altair and Ezio in just ONE game. Secondly they are going to have finish Desmonds story properly, because quiet frankly, if these 4 games have such an anti climax at the end of AC3, I will be very very pissed off.

So either they won't manage the balance between getting attached to Connor and Finishing Desmonds story, or they have one heck of a lengthy game...

(I know Altairs was one game but we didn't even know Desmonds role properly until it unravelled throughout)

tarrero
03-09-2012, 11:59 PM
Who knows, abstergo is after them, it is logic to think that he would put "theory" into practice" at some time, as long as Desmonds parts are well done, I take quality over quatity.

dxsxhxcx
03-10-2012, 12:09 AM
I don't think we'll have much gameplay as Desmond, at least not to make us feel like a (modern day) assassin, like we do with the ancestors, with targets, etc... I think it'll be a mix of the gameplay we had with Desmond in AC2 (with Abstergo agents attacking us) and ACB (finding a way to enter the temple), but with answers instead of more questions (I hope.. :P)

D.I.D.
03-10-2012, 12:12 AM
I've said it before and I'll say it again: some of you have no concept of how much you're asking for when you demand modern day New York for Desmond's gameplay.

No obvious way to restrict his movement to a small area, and you want free roam
NYC is gigantic compared to any city they've given you before, and it's taller
NYC cannot be created with as much artistic licence - you know what you should be seeing, and the range of architecture is higher. GTA4 doesn't come close to the real New York
Immense amount of texture data, audio data, new animations required
Vast numbers of NPCs required, also cars and other vehicles, and a great variety of all of them

It might not even be possible given unlimited budget and time. GTA4 was a struggle for consoles, and AC requires a much higher standard of graphics and accuracy to the real city.

You might get purpose-built Abstergo locations, but you are not getting Manhattan.

AnthonyA85
03-10-2012, 12:40 AM
Well, in this page (http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2012/03/09/building-the-assassin-39-s-creed-universe.aspx), second video, 10 minutes in, they specifically say that they're going to give desmond the conclusion he deserves, which will hopefully translate to alot of desmond gameplay (and not just platforming in a temple)

smengler
03-10-2012, 01:25 AM
I've said it before and I'll say it again: some of you have no concept of how much you're asking for when you demand modern day New York for Desmond's gameplay.

No obvious way to restrict his movement to a small area, and you want free roam
NYC is gigantic compared to any city they've given you before, and it's taller
NYC cannot be created with as much artistic licence - you know what you should be seeing, and the range of architecture is higher. GTA4 doesn't come close to the real New York
Immense amount of texture data, audio data, new animations required
Vast numbers of NPCs required, also cars and other vehicles, and a great variety of all of them

It might not even be possible given unlimited budget and time. GTA4 was a struggle for consoles, and AC requires a much higher standard of graphics and accuracy to the real city.

You might get purpose-built Abstergo locations, but you are not getting Manhattan.

Sure it's difficult and impractical, but it's definitively possible. I don't mean the whole city of course, but you can definitely make part of it.

For restricting movement to a small area, you can go to the traditional method of "You're leaving the area, please turn around", but I'm sure the AC team could think of something more creative.

The city doesn't have to be an exact replica, I'm sure people will understand if it's different. I do agree/think that this is the main reason why they wouldn't do this though. I remember one of the older spiderman games, you could jump off buildings, similar to you would in AC. It was not meant to be a replica of the city though.

The NPC's don't have to be much different. Just design some characters with modern day clothes. They would keep the same animations as other characters. Cars and vehicles have been done many times in other games; the driving aspect of the cars wouldn't take much work.

Josegtx13
03-10-2012, 01:34 AM
It's probably 70% Connor / 30% Desmond.

Although I would like to see 60% Connor / 40% Desmond.

cless711
03-10-2012, 02:42 AM
I think 70/30 Connor/Desmond would be fair. I just hope they don't rush Connor's or Desmond's story >.<.

JCearlyyears
03-10-2012, 03:32 AM
Well, in this page (http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2012/03/09/building-the-assassin-39-s-creed-universe.aspx), second video, 10 minutes in, they specifically say that they're going to give desmond the conclusion he deserves, which will hopefully translate to alot of desmond gameplay (and not just platforming in a temple)

Some people have been wondering if there will be another AC game after this. So far, it seems like a definite yes. They keep talking about it like there will be more and that the universe will continue.

ToniTorsi
03-10-2012, 03:33 AM
75% Connor and 25% Desmond

ThiagoRichter
03-10-2012, 05:22 AM
playing half of the game as desmond sounds F-ing weak-sauce and vfhfgfuyuyugiuNO BAD FANBOY !alright iŽll stop trolling now i promise !
It's quite alright. It was barely trolling :cool:

mattahleen
03-10-2012, 06:42 AM
I don't see how they would manage it. Firstly they have to make us attached to Connor like they did with Altair and Ezio in just ONE game. Secondly they are going to have finish Desmonds story properly, because quiet frankly, if these 4 games have such an anti climax at the end of AC3, I will be very very pissed off.

So either they won't manage the balance between getting attached to Connor and Finishing Desmonds story, or they have one heck of a lengthy game...

(I know Altairs was one game but we didn't even know Desmonds role properly until it unravelled throughout) When did they say conner would get only one game? Im pretty sure he will get at least one other. MAYBE a psv game, but id prefer a future wife for that.

Ultim4teSurviv4
03-10-2012, 06:53 AM
I think the % would be 80/20 in favour of Conner. As for the Desmond part of it I think majority of it will be at the end as it is supposedly "his game". But like it has been mentioned before it is the first game with Conner in it so we really need a lot of time to explore with him and understand his character, similar to AC 1 where we played majority with Altair and a bit with Desmond

Moultonborough
03-10-2012, 06:55 AM
When did they say conner would get only one game? Im pretty sure he will get at least one other. MAYBE a psv game, but id prefer a future wife for that.

We would need Desmond for another Connor game but since this is Desmond's last game we wont. I suppose they could do a spinoff without a modern part but I don't think it would be worth it.

GeneralTrumbo
03-10-2012, 07:37 AM
It's quite alright. It was barely trolling :cool:
You like just joined these forums. It was trolling. Desmond needs to have a good conclusion. GIVE HIM A GOOD CONCLUSION.

Lonesoldier2012
03-10-2012, 08:31 AM
You like just joined these forums. It was trolling. Desmond needs to have a good conclusion. GIVE HIM A GOOD CONCLUSION.

He joined like a year ago...

GeneralTrumbo
03-10-2012, 09:46 AM
He joined like a year ago...
Lol. Sorry. He still obviously only posts when he wants to throw down ideas. Look at his post count. He don't care about this story.

Moultonborough
03-10-2012, 10:03 AM
Just because he has a low post count doesn't mean he does not care about the story. I loved every part of the story well before I joined the forums. Post count does not mean anything except how much time we spend here.

BeCk41
03-10-2012, 10:57 AM
I would like to play as the ancestor more than Desmond- his game-play is boring to me, and I hate it when you get pulled out of the animus to do whatever he does. So yeah, 70% Conner whoo-hoo!

GeneralTrumbo
03-10-2012, 11:37 AM
Just because he has a low post count doesn't mean he does not care about the story. I loved every part of the story well before I joined the forums. Post count does not mean anything except how much time we spend here.
Was I reading his post wrong? It made it sound like he was in support of no Desmond or something.

GeneralTrumbo
03-10-2012, 11:38 AM
I would like to play as the ancestor more than Desmond- his game-play is boring to me, and I hate it when you get pulled out of the animus to do whatever he does. So yeah, 70% Conner whoo-hoo!
30% of Desmond would be MUCH more than the usual amount he gets, so that would be fair. Anywhere from 30-40% would do.

gmoney8869
03-10-2012, 11:41 AM
Considering that the last 3 games have been 99% Ezio, 1% Desmond, I think it's pretty silly that you guys think Desmond will suddenly get significantly more time.

He'll probably get a little more. So 90% Connor, 10% Desmond. I'd bet he won't get more than that.

GeneralTrumbo
03-10-2012, 11:48 AM
Considering that the last 3 games have been 99% Ezio, 1% Desmond, I think it's pretty silly that you guys think Desmond will suddenly get significantly more time.

He'll probably get a little more. So 90% Connor, 10% Desmond. I'd bet he won't get more than that.
He would "suddenly get significantly more time" because he is the most important carry-over character and it is his last game. They also need to tie up some loose-ends. It would be foolish not to give him significantly more time.