PDA

View Full Version : interesting article

edzilla_551
03-09-2012, 03:41 AM
here a new article on oxm discussing info they received from the creative director, nothing new but its still interesting:)
http://www.oxm.co.uk/39583/ubisoft-assassins-creed-3-is-faster-simpler-more-coherent/

SixKeys
03-09-2012, 04:23 AM
Interesting. I like this bit:

"The new hero also enables Ubisoft to remove gameplay mechanics it wasn't happy with, something that wasn't possible with Ezio as there was no logical way to remove existing abilities. "It's hard when the story consistent, to remove things," said Hutchinson "You can't remove things from the fiction, and that meant we had problem with mechanics that weren't as tight as could have been... a new character and new universe means we can strip it back and go back to basics."

I'm curious which features they will be stripping away. I hope Connor's kill animations will be faster and less flashier than Ezio's. The brutal kill cams may be fun to watch but they also make combat needlessly slow. I'm also pretty sure we won't be seeing parachutes or the hookblade again, maybe even poison darts will be gone. I'm fine with going back to basics.

Evenesque
03-09-2012, 05:24 AM
Within 30 seconds of putting the disc in the tray my ps3 will be on 4% of the install.....what is this guy talking about?

AnthonyA85
03-09-2012, 05:31 AM
I wouldn't mind if they removed the slow-mo kills, they were fun for a time, then got annoying.

Though i doubt we'll see a poison blade, we might see poison darts, shot from a blowpipe perhaps, those were used by native americans quite frequently, they're still used today in places, for hunting, by some tribes around the world.

It's a shame we won't see the hookblade again, I really liked it.

They might also have removed bombs too (unless we're throwing dynamite now)

Poodle_of_Doom
03-09-2012, 07:11 AM
Nothing terribly intreguing about the article. Thanks for the share though.

wapikas
03-09-2012, 10:14 AM
I kind of liked ezios final skill set (hookblade, bombs, etc.). And now they are removing some of them!?!?!?! Not cool ubisoft.

edzilla_551
03-09-2012, 10:54 AM
I kind of liked ezios final skill set (hookblade, bombs, etc.). And now they are removing some of them!?!?!?! Not cool ubisoft.
Why do you fear change?

eagleforlife1
03-09-2012, 12:46 PM

I hated them. Very cool ubisoft.

LightRey
03-09-2012, 12:49 PM
I hated them. Very cool ubisoft.

It's not confirmed what will be removed though.

dxsxhxcx
03-09-2012, 01:02 PM
people complain about them removing some features but I bet they would complain even more if they let them there making AC3 provide the EXACT same experience the previous games did... it's time for a change and not more of the same...

Assassin_M
03-09-2012, 01:04 PM
You`ll never satisfy EVERYONE..
But just like every year "except last year"
EVERYONE will come here and say..........​AWESOME GAME IS AWESOME

eagleforlife1
03-09-2012, 01:46 PM
It's not confirmed what will be removed though.

That's true. But the same could be said to the guy that I quoted.

LightRey
03-09-2012, 01:55 PM
That's true. But the same could be said to the guy that I quoted.

True. Either way I don't really mind what they do with them. The game looks like it's going to be awesome regardless.