PDA

View Full Version : AC3's Brotherhood

Evenesque
03-09-2012, 03:32 AM
So what is everyone's speculation on how the brotherhood will work in this game? Personally, I think it's definitely plausible that our assassin brothers may be either replaced or accompanied by animals this time around.

Moultonborough
03-09-2012, 03:38 AM
We don't know. The only information to come out about it is that there will be one. Everything else is up in the air for now.

Evenesque
03-09-2012, 05:21 AM
We don't know. The only information to come out about it is that there will be one. Everything else is up in the air for now.

I didn't ask you for facts. I asked for speculation. It even says it in the first sentence. Thanks for reading.

AnthonyA85
03-09-2012, 05:24 AM
It will be interesting to see how they intergrate it with Tower Defense not returning (Something i'm happy about, i could never beat it, so i just locked all but one of my Constantinople dens), though i hope they don't go with a Brotherhood approach, where you can't loose, then retake the areas once you've taken them for the first time. The idea was good in revelations, just would have been better had we been down on the ground during Den Defense, instead of on the rooftops.

BraxtonNelson
03-09-2012, 05:58 AM
Like i posted on the thread "What does his name mean". The meaning of Connor directly relates to a love for wolves, and or running with wolves (something like that). I believe that you will be able to summon a wolf pack. (As seen in announcement trailer) Since Connor being a freedom fighter, seems to be more a James Bond, Gun it alone type of guy. It would seem more plausible to have animal companions, especially wolves. (Loved by most Native American Tribes, and kept as Pets).

Moultonborough
03-09-2012, 06:01 AM
I very much doubt it will have Assassin's with basically pets following them around. To me, at least, it would look extremely stupid. But, that's just my two cents.

Epsilonyx
03-09-2012, 06:01 AM
I think its ridiculous to think that the recruits will be replaced with animals. The wolves in the trailer were only there to demonstrate how areas alter over time and after events. How would animals work in New York City and Boston? Two-thirds of the game are in cities apparently, so it makes no sense for a pack of wolves to kill someone in the middle of a town.

Soap_x5x
03-09-2012, 06:07 AM
Hope I'm not breaking any rules here but, Can you guys take like 5 seconds of your time to like this page on facebook?
http://www.facebook.com/ConnorRT It is dedicated to the new assassin from AC3

iMattX
03-09-2012, 06:51 AM
My theory, and please do not quote me on this; But I personally think that this new assassin in the third numbered videogame of the franchise, will be a lone wolf assassin, killing for himself and himself only but for positive purposes/intentions.

Epsilonyx
03-09-2012, 07:08 AM
My theory, and please do not quote me on this; But I personally think that this new assassin in the third numbered videogame of the franchise, will be a lone wolf assassin, killing for himself and himself only but for positive purposes/intentions.
He's been described as more of a freedom fighter than anything else, that his motives are not at all for personal gain. He obviously has a run-in with the Assassins and that's how he becomes one, as I would assume he is not born in to it like Ezio or Altair. It seems like Connor will be more humble and rugged, with not as much bravado or arrogance as the last two characters. Ubisoft has told us that he witnessed the sacking of his Mohawk camp and after that became determined to fight oppression. Apparently he's "intense and thoughtful".

Moultonborough
03-09-2012, 07:15 AM
Since (most likely) he really is not born into it than forced back in later in life(Desmond) will he have Eagle Vision? I can't imagine a main Assassin without it.

ProletariatPleb
03-09-2012, 07:31 AM
Personally, I think it's definitely plausible that our assassin brothers may be either replaced or accompanied by animals this time around.
I hope not, this isn't Disney you know, Connor whistles and squirrels bandage him, eagles/birds attack the guards, bees sting them and the Continentals start dancing...

Ultim4teSurviv4
03-09-2012, 08:08 AM
I like the idea of having wolves but to me they seem like they are the "clean up crew" and just clear the forest of bodies or something. They will probably have something similar to that of brotherhood and have assassins with him as I don't see a wolf jumping down from a tree to do a stealth kill :D

Lonesoldier2012
03-09-2012, 08:32 AM
I like the idea of having wolves but to me they seem like they are the "clean up crew" and just clear the forest of bodies or something. They will probably have something similar to that of brotherhood and have assassins with him as I don't see a wolf jumping down from a tree to do a stealth kill :D

It's clear then. We will have Monkey Assassin's!

Ultim4teSurviv4
03-09-2012, 08:36 AM
It's clear then. We will have Monkey Assassin's!

Perfect, no one will ever see this coming lol

Epsilonyx
03-09-2012, 08:49 AM
Since (most likely) he really is not born into it than forced back in later in life(Desmond) will he have Eagle Vision? I can't imagine a main Assassin without it.
Are you asking if Desmond has Eagle Sense? He does. If you're asking if Connor has Eagle Sense, then yes. He is an ancestor of Desmond and therefore must have the same, if not more First Civilisation DNA - which is responsible for Eagle Sense.

Lonesoldier2012
03-09-2012, 09:42 AM
Perfect, no one will ever see this coming lol

Exactly! it's the perfect plan!

Evenesque
03-09-2012, 10:09 AM
Anyone ever considered the summonable assassins might be location specific? Whistle might call a brotherhood member, but if you high profile and then whistle, it could call a wolf, but only if you're in the frontier. I wouldn't put it past ubisoft. I also don't see a problem with it. Nobody said anything about summoning bambi and his tea-party pals. It's AC. If you summon an animal, it's there to kill something. That's just how business goes.

pacmanate
03-10-2012, 04:33 PM
I just hope they aren't overpowered. Im glad they took out factions though, by AC:B when you could have your own assassins, I thought it was pointless to hire people to fight. In AC:R I dont think I even used the factions

Evenesque
03-10-2012, 05:55 PM
I just hope they aren't overpowered. Im glad they took out factions though, by AC:B when you could have your own assassins, I thought it was pointless to hire people to fight. In AC:R I dont think I even used the factions

I used them for the missions where I had to, but that was about it. I think Ubisoft realised the same thing and cut the antiquated game system out in favor of something more interesting, which they have yet to detail at all.

crash3
03-10-2012, 08:42 PM
I hope theres an established brotherhood, I just hope that Connor is much further down the ranks than Ezio or Altair, I want to experience that feeling of first becoming an assassin again and gaining new abilities as you make progress in the game

LieutenantJojo
03-10-2012, 11:19 PM
I'm sure he will be connected to the Order in some way when we start the game. His entire outfit has Assassin symbols, he has a hidden blade and his tomahawk has the logo as well.

Unless he gets recruited in the first 5 minutes and gains his weapons and outfit after that of course.

Personally, I hope he gets recruited by an assassin and becomes his apprentice. And as the game progresses, you go from apprentice to master assassin.

pacmanate
03-10-2012, 11:43 PM
Well they said we would be assassinating someone in the first 30 seconds of the game, I wonder who we will be?

LieutenantJojo
03-11-2012, 12:06 AM
Well they said we would be assassinating someone in the first 30 seconds of the game, I wonder who we will be?

I'm actually hoping that will be as Desmond.

souNdwAve89
03-11-2012, 12:16 AM
It could be Connor assassinating someone as a game foreshadowing. It is like how in Brotherhood, we saw Ezio at the siege of Viana, then we went back to where AC2 left off.

playassassins1
03-11-2012, 12:37 AM

Where did you hear/read that?

LightRey
03-11-2012, 01:41 AM
I'm actually hoping that will be as Desmond.
And I'd say that's quite likely too.

Moultonborough
03-11-2012, 02:00 AM
It's from the GI article.

EDIT: Eurogamer I meant. http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-03-09-assassins-creed-3-will-be-back-to-basics

ForgiveMePlz
03-11-2012, 02:07 AM
Connor means Wolf Lover, maybe when we call assassin's we have 2 or 3 wolfes running, strike our enemies down and then run away (to not be shot by other guards).

frogger504
03-11-2012, 02:48 AM
Connor means Wolf Lover, maybe when we call assassin's we have 2 or 3 wolfes running, strike our enemies down and then run away (to not be shot by other guards).
Actually, most translations come out as Hunter not Lover, also his native name comes out to 'He Hunts It' or 'It Hunts It'

Evenesque
03-11-2012, 03:42 AM
the games goes through 30 years of history. Connor's bound to recruit some bros eventually

Lonesoldier2012
03-11-2012, 05:45 AM
Actually, most translations come out as Hunter not Lover, also his native name comes out to 'He Hunts It' or 'It Hunts It'

No. Connor means lover of hounds or wolf's in Irish. his native name means he hunts it.

Evenesque
03-11-2012, 09:10 AM
No. Connor means lover of hounds or wolf's in Irish. his native name means he hunts it.

on topic please

Assassin_M
03-11-2012, 01:18 PM
the games goes through 30 years of history. Connor's bound to recruit some bros eventually
Maybe, maybe not who knows ?
There may not be recruitment, the Brotherhood may already be there, or perhaps you might become a Master Assassin leading a team of Apprentice Assassins..
Like Francisco Vehcellio from Project legacy (I know his surname is wrong)

TorQue1988
03-11-2012, 03:54 PM
I'm pretty sure it was confirmed in the GameInformer article that the game will feature some sort of recruits, and also a replacement for the mercenaries, thieves etc.