PDA

View Full Version : Which version do I have?

Smithfire
03-09-2012, 12:30 AM
Finally got my rig up and running. 2.0Mhz AMD dual core Athalon, 2 Gig RAM, 550w PSU, NVidia 8800gtx card. Seems to be running the game (1946) pretty well.

I was just wondering how to find which version of the game I have? is there an exe with all those kind of details?, Also, does the game generally open from Pacific fighters?
How would you open the other parts of the game 1st?

Thanks

Clive

AndyJWest
03-09-2012, 01:31 AM
The startup screen is rather misleading: the latest one (for IL-2 '46) says 'Pacific Fighters' at the top, and you have to look carefully to see that it also says '46' in one of the small black rectangles underneath. '46 includes all content from previous versions too, so there is no need to run anything else.

The version number is shown in red at the bottom left of the screen. With the sim fully patched up to date, the version number is now 4.11.

Tully__
03-09-2012, 06:11 AM
1946 out of the box is generally either 4.07 or 4.08, depending on date of printing the disk. As Andy said, the version number shows in the lower left corner of the startup screen before the main menu loads.

Patch order and download links can be found at Mission4Today: http://www.mission4today.com/index.php?name=Knowledge_Base&op=show&kid=584
You'll need to register there to use their download links but it's a painless registration. No spam associated or such like.

Smithfire
03-09-2012, 09:09 AM
Thanks Guys

I'll look for the version number in the btm left corner (when I get 2 seconds!)

As the machine I'm playing on isn't connected to the internet, will I be able to download and burn to disc the patches I need from M4today?

Cheers

Clive

Tully__
03-09-2012, 11:10 AM
As the machine I'm playing on isn't connected to the internet, will I be able to download and burn to disc the patches I need from M4today?

Cheers

Clive
That should work fine :)