PDA

View Full Version : ubisoft are ripoffs

SNUBKILLER75
03-08-2012, 10:41 PM
i had a dlc code that came with my brotherhood collectors edition and the code only had 19 characters on the code. it is supposed to have 25 characters. anyway i emailed them and they dont have an replacement code but they told me i could buy the da vinci dlc now on xbox live. why would i buy something that i already paid for. seriously ubisoft. i am not forking anymore money towards brotherhood. i still have to buy dlc for revelations which i am not buying anymore. ubisoft are trying to milk more money out of me. screw them. peace out.

Assassin_M
03-08-2012, 10:45 PM
Do you need a hug ?
Ok seriously, man what were planning to win from this Thread ?

rileypoole1234
03-08-2012, 10:46 PM
Errr Ta-ta then.

pacmanate
03-08-2012, 10:54 PM
This is kinda funny how you missed out on characters hahahaha.

But seriously, Take a picture of your so called 19 digit code, and email support

iNt0xiCaT3dSainT
03-08-2012, 10:54 PM
do you need a hug ?
Ok seriously, man what were planning to win from this thread ?

lol this

pacmanate
03-08-2012, 10:56 PM
Oh wait, peace out? As in your leaving and never coming back? WOOOOO!

SNUBKILLER75
03-08-2012, 10:56 PM
i actually had to let that off my chest. is this how they should treat their customers though? i even sent them a picture of the code that was missing the 6 characters. all they could say was you can buy the dlc. its like they didnt even care. why are the negative comments? its obvious that you are all ubisoft fanboys.

pacmanate
03-08-2012, 10:57 PM
Well in that case, that is a big fail on ubisofts part. Maybe try PM'ing the Mods to look into it for you, they're really helpful

UrDeviant1
03-08-2012, 10:58 PM
This would annoy me too. Ranting on here won't change a thing though, you are still 6 characters down.

LightRey
03-08-2012, 10:59 PM
You have to enter the code in the menu of the game. It's not an XBL redeemable code.

Assassin_M
03-08-2012, 10:59 PM
i actually had to let that off my chest. is this how they should treat their customers though? i even sent them a picture of the code that was missing the 6 characters. all they could say was you can buy the dlc. its like they didnt even care.
Well, letting it off your chest and leaving at that isnt going to do you any good..
I actually feel sorry for ya since I wouldnt want to be in your situation, and I apologize on behalf of my colleagues here..
You know you could contact a Mod here, but try to be friendly and less aggressive in your Posts, such as this thread`s title..
If you actually ask for help for too, the Mods here may find a solution, they`re very helpful and friendly..

UrDeviant1
03-08-2012, 11:01 PM
You have to enter the code in the menu of the game. It's not an XBL redeemable code.

Hmmm, could this be the solution?

SNUBKILLER75
03-08-2012, 11:02 PM
This is kinda funny how you missed out on characters hahahaha.

But seriously, Take a picture of your so called 19 digit code, and email supporti did send them a picture of it with the email. its actually the code for the 2 singleplayer maps.

LightRey
03-08-2012, 11:05 PM
Hmmm, could this be the solution?

Pretty sure it is. That's basically how all AC related DL codes have worked.

UrDeviant1
03-08-2012, 11:06 PM
i did send them a picture of it with the email. its actually the code for the 2 singleplayer maps.

Try what LightRey said.

SNUBKILLER75
03-08-2012, 11:10 PM
well if this is the case then why didnt the support team that emailed me tell me this. i even sent them a picture of the code and all they said was they didnt have an replacement. if they known that wouldnt they tell me that because i didnt know that. i mean that even makes me more upset in the fact they dont have any knowledge on this. maybe you guys should work for the support team. :)

UrDeviant1
03-08-2012, 11:12 PM
well if this is the case then why didnt the support team that emailed me tell me this. i even sent them a picture of the code and all they said was they didnt have an replacement. if they known that wouldnt they tell me that because i didnt know that.

Maybe they assumed you knew this already. If It works then great, right?

pacmanate
Try it and get back to us

Assassin_M
well if this is the case then why didnt the support team that emailed me tell me this. i even sent them a picture of the code and all they said was they didnt have an replacement. if they known that wouldnt they tell me that because i didnt know that.
Just try it and tell us the results then you can go angry all you want..

LightRey
03-08-2012, 11:13 PM

I really don't know why. Regardless, there should be an option in the main menu of the game for redeeming codes. It should work if you enter it there.

Mr_Shade
03-09-2012, 11:05 AM
well if this is the case then why didnt the support team that emailed me tell me this. i even sent them a picture of the code and all they said was they didnt have an replacement. if they known that wouldnt they tell me that because i didnt know that. i mean that even makes me more upset in the fact they dont have any knowledge on this. maybe you guys should work for the support team. :)
As far as I am aware, it should say on the voucher, somewhere....

The codes need entering ingame, rather than on the marketplace, since it's a ULC code, not a download code - that's how most codes work, so unless you have some different version, it should unlock ingame.

I suggest you try it, and get back to us.

itsamea-mario
03-09-2012, 11:23 AM

Perhaps they assumed people would use a bit of intelligence?

Mr_Shade
03-09-2012, 11:31 AM
Perhaps they assumed people would use a bit of intelligence?
Let's put the claws away..

Not everyone reads the small print or instructions :)

TheOmegaShadow
01-25-2014, 04:36 PM
Hi,

I'm having the same issue, I got a 19 digit unlock code with my 'classics' copy of AC Brotherhood for xbox360, Only to go to the 'Extras' menu and find that there is no option for 'Exclusive Content'

only a link to the xbox marketplace to buy the content i've already paid for with the game. I have the latest title update and have rebooted the xbox etc, the disc is labeled as a 'classics' copy like the

cover of the game.

Can someone provide me with a support email address to get this resolved? The 'Submit Question' page of the ubisoft support area appears broken and will not register my enquiry.

Mr_Shade
01-25-2014, 06:22 PM
Hi,

I'm having the same issue, I got a 19 digit unlock code with my 'classics' copy of AC Brotherhood for xbox360, Only to go to the 'Extras' menu and find that there is no option for 'Exclusive Content'

only a link to the xbox marketplace to buy the content i've already paid for with the game. I have the latest title update and have rebooted the xbox etc, the disc is labeled as a 'classics' copy like the

cover of the game.

Can someone provide me with a support email address to get this resolved? The 'Submit Question' page of the ubisoft support area appears broken and will not register my enquiry.

hi,

The support site is here:

www.support.ubi.com
They prefer you use the site, so you can forward proof or ownership / code etc - if you have issues with it, try clearing your internet cache and / or trying a different browser.

or you can call them here:

​http://www.ubi.com/US/Support/InternationalSupport.aspx