PDA

View Full Version : Is that satellite really what it's about? I believe that's a ruse....

Poodle_of_Doom
03-08-2012, 07:13 PM
Going back to the first Assassins Creed game, I stopped to think about wether or not this was even about the satelite, and it's launch, or if this was all some sort of a ruse, and that there is some sort of a more sinister plot going on here. There are many things that cause me to come to this conclusion, and I'll start you off with the most basic.

We know that Lucy is a Templar (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pp3X6rZA-o and http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Lucy_Stillman#Trivia), and that Abstergo was looking to gain possession of another Apple of Eden to create a utopia. But we've also known that Abstergo was looking for the Apple since the first game (see 21:30 in this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C585WNJ7ipQ&hd=1). After having a map revealed to them, they say that they have the map, and begin planning to collect what we believe are the Apples of Eden.

However, as can be noted at 19:44 in this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C585WNJ7ipQ&hd=1, you can see that one of these dots seems to coordinate with New York, and the coordinates given in The Da Vinci Dissappearance. We now know that this is a location of a vault. Furthermore, we know that the communications that Lucy had with the Assassins was just a cover, and most likely contained falsehoods throughout all of them.

At this point, I had to ask myselft, if all of Lucy's communications, including the ones shown to Desmond (which would include those about the satelite), are false, and we know that what is contained at one of the noted points is actually a vault, is it reasonable to believe that the Templars aren't actually looking for an Apple? Personally, I don't know if they're looking for an Apple, or a Vault. I do suspect that they are looking for the latter.

This begs many questions about the plot line. Do the Templars know what's contained at the site? What if they're aware of, and are expecting to find the Vault? What could they want with it? Is there really a satelite?

What do you all think?

LightRey
03-08-2012, 07:40 PM
Vidic explicitly speaks of the satellite in TLA. It's real. It's also very unlikely the information about the satellite came from Lucy. Finally there's the Denver airport accident.

Poodle_of_Doom
03-08-2012, 10:07 PM
I don't know a whole lot about the Denver Accedent, but I'll be sure to hit the wiki up really quick before commenting further on in. And now that you mention it, I do remember Vidic mentioning something about the satelite. Do you think the Vaults could be part of their plan? And I thought it was suggested that the information left for Desmond to find was purposful, and had intent.

freddie_1897
03-08-2012, 10:24 PM
I don't understand Denver city, I thought PoE's couldn't be destroyed?

UrDeviant1
03-08-2012, 10:30 PM
If I remember rightly, the Templars do know about the location of the vaults. Although I don't think they have any Idea of what might be Inside. There was some mention of It In the Dossiers you unlock In ACR's MP. It has been a while since I read them though and someone else might be able to give you a more solid answer.

LightRey
03-08-2012, 11:02 PM
I don't understand Denver city, I thought PoE's couldn't be destroyed?

Some of them can. Look at the staff.

Poodle_of_Doom
03-09-2012, 01:37 AM
The papal staff was taken in by the technology unlocked wasn't it? I didn't know we knew what happened to it. None the less, how do you folks think that the vaults factor into everything?

LightRey
03-09-2012, 02:05 AM
The papal staff was taken in by the technology unlocked wasn't it? I didn't know we knew what happened to it. None the less, how do you folks think that the vaults factor into everything?

We do. Eventually it ended up in the hands of the Russian Tzars and was destroyed by Nikola Tesla.

Calvarok
03-09-2012, 03:51 AM
I believe that there is another layer to what's going on, but not as far as the Templar's plot. I think something related to the disaster will overshadow the satellite launch, though Desmond will still have to stop it. Or maybe the satellite launch will bring it about, providing extra incentive. Or MAYBE Desmond has to let it launch, but go with it, as part of the plan to save the world. Sacrifice, end. I doubt it though. I think Desmond will be surviving, so he can animus free-roam. :P

Poodle_of_Doom
03-09-2012, 04:39 AM
We do. Eventually it ended up in the hands of the Russian Tzars and was destroyed by Nikola Tesla.

Yes, that's right. I do recall that now that you've said that.

I believe that there is another layer to what's going on, but not as far as the Templar's plot. I think something related to the disaster will overshadow the satellite launch, though Desmond will still have to stop it. Or maybe the satellite launch will bring it about, providing extra incentive. Or MAYBE Desmond has to let it launch, but go with it, as part of the plan to save the world. Sacrifice, end. I doubt it though. I think Desmond will be surviving, so he can animus free-roam. :P

I doubt that it will bring the end of the world. That will be marked by a solar flare.

Verziga
03-13-2012, 10:19 PM
First post...go easy on me.

Just throwing this out there...it's been in my head for a while just as an idea, can't back it up in any way.

So Abstergo's plan is to send an apple into space on the satellite and use it's power to control the planet's population on the exact same day (I think) that the solar flare is due to destroy the earth. Maybe Desmond's ultimate goal will be to somehow reverse the direction of the satellite so the power is sent out away from earth instead, to deflect the flare, thus saving us all from a toasty end. It's clear that whatever the plan of action might be, one thing Desmond can't do is actually stop the flare at it's source. It's coming, whether he likes it or not. He's looking for a way to stop it hitting the planet, not to stop it actually coming from the sun. Perhaps getting an apple into space was the last 'method of salvation' that Jupiter spoke of at the end of Revelations...the one TWCB were working on when the first flare hit. Desmond finds this out in the temple, tells the gang and Rebecca somehow hacks into the satellite and pulls it off. Job done!!

Like I said...just a thought.

LightRey
03-13-2012, 10:39 PM
First post...go easy on me.

Just throwing this out there...it's been in my head for a while just as an idea, can't back it up in any way.

So Abstergo's plan is to send an apple into space on the satellite and use it's power to control the planet's population on the exact same day (I think) that the solar flare is due to destroy the earth. Maybe Desmond's ultimate goal will be to somehow reverse the direction of the satellite so the power is sent out away from earth instead, to deflect the flare, thus saving us all from a toasty end. It's clear that whatever the plan of action might be, one thing Desmond can't do is actually stop the flare at it's source. It's coming, whether he likes it or not. He's looking for a way to stop it hitting the planet, not to stop it actually coming from the sun. Perhaps getting an apple into space was the last 'method of salvation' that Jupiter spoke of at the end of Revelations...the one TWCB were working on when the first flare hit. Desmond finds this out in the temple, tells the gang and Rebecca somehow hacks into the satellite and pulls it off. Job done!!

Like I said...just a thought.

Well the flare can even still hit the planet as long as the earth's magnetic field stays active and is strong enough to deflect all of it. I suppose it's possible that the PoE could strengthen the Earth's magnetic field.

Verziga
03-13-2012, 10:52 PM
Well the flare can even still hit the planet as long as the earth's magnetic field stays active and is strong enough to deflect all of it. I suppose it's possible that the PoE could strengthen the Earth's magnetic field.

Yeah fair enough. Just figured it could be an interesting way to tie the flare and the satellite together. Would also be a double whammy...stopping the flare AND stopping Abstergo's hideous population control plan. Killing two birds with one stone as they say.