PDA

View Full Version : The Game Informer Hub

tjbyrum1
03-08-2012, 02:17 PM
Didn't see anything about this, so I decided to post it.

I have been checking back on it every now and then. So far only a Cover, a video, and an article has been released. The video was with Alex Hutchinson.

What I liked most about the video was that Alex mentioned being with Maxis, and even working on Spore. Now I never played Spore (but I know what it is), but I have played the Sims when I was younger. These games are all about customize-ability and open-endedness. Alex even mentioned in the video:

"How we layer missions and how we structure game design. I wanted to get away from the very linear nature of going from mission to mission that was in the previous game. Obviously the story is this huge backbone in the game but I think that having other opportunities in the world, other things to do, in terms of variety or side tasks, and why those side tasks are meaningful, is something I think we're really working on. The notion of player opportunities and letting people sort of structure their own experience I think was something I really wanted to work on."

(Thanks Birck177)

http://www.gameinformer.com/p/ac3.aspx

brick177
03-08-2012, 02:38 PM
"How we layer missions and how we structure game design. I wanted to get away from the very linear nature of going from mission to mission that was in the previous game. Obviously the story is this huge backbone in the game but I think that having other opportunities in the world, other things to do, in terms of variety or side tasks, and why those side tasks are meaningful, is something I think we're really working on. The notion of player opportunities and letting people sort of structure their own experience I think was something I really wanted to work on."

+1 Please!!!!

tjbyrum1
03-08-2012, 02:41 PM
+1

frogger504
03-08-2012, 03:40 PM
Well no threads were made because pretty much everyone knew...

GameInformer was the main subject last week.

InfectedNation
03-08-2012, 05:58 PM
Spore was great until I got to Space stage which is full of lag and too ridculously high prices to do ANYTHING.

pacmanate
03-08-2012, 07:40 PM
I think any Game Informer Hub stuff should go in here, will be a nice little collection thread

Poodle_of_Doom
03-08-2012, 10:00 PM
Yeah... I think it's a pretty great idea. I think the main synopsis of the story needs to remain linear though.

Moultonborough
03-08-2012, 10:04 PM
I think any Game Informer Hub stuff should go in here, will be a nice little collection thread

It should be kept to base facts with not much if any discussion just to keep out rumors and fighting.

CreedVision
03-09-2012, 12:52 AM
Anyone know when this mag is releasing? Would like to pick it up.

Rycay
03-09-2012, 01:34 AM
Anyone know when this mag is releasing? Would like to pick it up.

Yep, I'd like to know that, too.