PDA

View Full Version : is the first person desmond missions returning?

edzilla_551
03-08-2012, 01:43 AM
does anyone know, i hope not:rolleyes:
plus it wouldnt make sense because desmond is out of the coma right, but i heard that first person puzzles will return, what does that mean?

Acrimonious_Nin
03-08-2012, 01:47 AM
umm its not official, but they might put it back there if he has to go back into his subconscious brain part...yup :D

sanceman
03-08-2012, 02:01 AM
Please God no, those were awful!

AnthonyA85
03-08-2012, 02:54 AM
IF they do come back, I hope to god they're OPTIONAL, and NOT the only Desmond gameplay we get. I purposefully made a point of not playing the Journey segments because they were entirely first person, and i don't like FPS style games (I have no depth perception), I was expecting the whole point of doing those segments was to relive Desmond's memories, not just have him reminiscing.

kriegerdesgottes
03-08-2012, 02:57 AM
I hope not.

Ultim4teSurviv4
03-08-2012, 04:44 AM
They said they will be doing something similar. So what that means is just a guess at this point in time. I also hope they don't bring it back. I found them really boring

LightRey
03-08-2012, 10:03 AM
I doubt it. Not because they're no fun (because I think they are), but because they were meant to be used as a way to "relive" Desmond's (and S16's) own memories.

Jamison_J_B
03-08-2012, 10:08 AM
I hope not.

agree whole-heartly. My controller went flying a couple times out of anger...nearly lost my 21 inch moniter to :(

Assassin_M
03-08-2012, 10:44 AM
No, they`re not returning, The Glyphs will return, only thing is that they wont be given by Subject 16..

LightRey
03-08-2012, 10:45 AM
No, they`re not returning, The Glyphs will return, only thing is that they wont be given by Subject 16..

Which is interesting.

Assassin_M
03-08-2012, 10:47 AM
Which is interesting.
Very..

Jamison_J_B
03-08-2012, 10:57 AM

The whole point of the glyphs was to have imbedded info from Clay past on to Desmond, so really wonder how that will happen. Kinda pointless without Clay.

Assassin_M
03-08-2012, 11:01 AM
The whole point of the glyphs was to have imbedded info from Clay past on to Desmond, so really wonder how that will happen. Kinda pointless without Clay.
They might change the whole concept to fit the new purpose, you never know..

edzilla_551
03-08-2012, 11:07 AM
[QUOTE=Assassin_M;8176874]They might change the whole concept to fit the new purpose, you never know..[/QUOT
maybe the glyths will be given by the subjects maybe 15 or 4:rolleyes:

Assassin_M
03-08-2012, 11:16 AM
[QUOTE=Assassin_M;8176874]They might change the whole concept to fit the new purpose, you never know..[/QUOT
maybe the glyths will be given by the subjects maybe 15 or 4:rolleyes:
No, 4 is Daniel Cross and we know he is up to no good, making 15 replace 16 as glyph giver would only take away the intrigue and marvel of subject 16..
not to mention that it`d be cliche..

frogger504
03-08-2012, 11:23 AM
I doubt it, those stories were Desmond in the Black Room.

In canon they are the gates to a person's personal memories, it digs into one's subconsciousness and puts it into a simulation, which is why those things happen. The simulation is pure mind power simulated, which goes with the memories they are viewing.
(TLA MINIMAL SPOILERS)
When 16 is remembering running from the alarm, in the simulation everything starts flashing and things get dangerous.

That's my theory on how it works.

Assassin_M
03-08-2012, 11:27 AM

In canon they are the gates to a person's personal memories, it digs into one's subconsciousness and puts it into a simulation, which is why those things happen. The simulation is pure mind power simulated, which goes with the memories they are viewing.
(TLA MINIMAL SPOILERS)
When 16 is remembering running from the alarm, in the simulation everything starts flashing and things get dangerous.

Thats exactly how it works..
If thats YOUR theory, then you`re a genius..

frogger504
03-08-2012, 11:29 AM
Thats exactly how it works..
If thats YOUR theory, then you`re a genius..

Grazie
x13.

LightRey
03-08-2012, 11:37 AM

(TLA MINIMAL SPOILERS)

Exactly what I was thinking too. Makes perfect sense.

eagleforlife1
03-08-2012, 11:45 AM
Maybe the glyphs will be what Desmond needs to solve to get past various gates of the Grand Temple.

LightRey
03-08-2012, 11:47 AM
Maybe the glyphs will be what Desmond needs to solve to get past various gates of the Grand Temple.

Interesting theory. That would make a lot of sense.

edzilla_551
03-08-2012, 12:53 PM
I hope when after solving the glyph puzzles we will a continuation of the truth video from ac2 if it makes any sense

ElDoucherino
03-08-2012, 01:05 PM
I hope when after solving the glyph puzzles we will a continuation of the truth video from ac2 if it makes any sense

That would be sweet. Maybe also what happened before they broke lose from the TWCB chains. Since news of AC3 first arrived I haven't been able to fully concentrate on my education. d a m n you AC :)

dxsxhxcx
03-08-2012, 01:56 PM

this would be cool, be able to play it instead of only watch it would be nice too..

GLHS
03-08-2012, 02:12 PM
I agree with you guys. It's gonna be weird having glyphs that aren't from Clay though. Even if they were, the idea itself of them being there is still possible, but that would mean that he also would've somewhat relived Connor's memories as well, and as we know from everything in the story thus far, that's impossible. The glyphs come from his hacking, so it will be extremely interesting to see how they give it story significance and tie it in to where it makes sense. From what I know, Rebecca is the only other person that would even remotely know how to do it, but that would mean that she would have to have already relived Connor's memories and knew where all of the important coordinates were. And that too, is impossible. So I'm officially stumped. This will be really intriguing.

As far as the first person missions, god I hope not. There are things about it that I really do like, But there's just as much about it that I don't like. It really should just stay in AC:R. I don't really think there'll be much purpose for them beyond that, and Idk if I can handle them outside of Desmond's Journey and the DLC.

reddragonhrcro
03-08-2012, 02:28 PM
Agree,the first person puzzles should not return as i didnīt like em much.