PDA

View Full Version : Will AC3 be the last game?

JanTwoSeven
03-07-2012, 07:00 PM
I hope not. They said its gonna be a trilogy, but they should make more games in more different places. I hope UBISOFT also release atleast one AC game a year. Why do people dislike games being released every year?

mikebxomad
03-08-2012, 02:09 AM
for the desmond trilogy it is i beleive but im hoping they will have more after

Grygier
03-08-2012, 08:00 AM
pretty much games that make money dont end but they might end desmond`s story or at least the current conflict.

Razrback16
03-08-2012, 05:30 PM
I certainly hope it's not the last game...love this series!

Anykeyer
03-08-2012, 07:21 PM
Its certain that it will not be the last game. But its also certain that I dont want them to milk this franchise with another brotherhood/revelation. AC3 ends current story arc. So there is no need to make AC 3.1, 3.25, 3.5, etc.
I will be pleased to hear them working on AC4 with proper 2-3 years development cycle.

pirate1802
03-09-2012, 03:28 AM
Its certain that it will not be the last game. But its also certain that I dont want them to milk this franchise with another brotherhood/revelation. AC3 ends current story arc. So there is no need to make AC 3.1, 3.25, 3.5, etc.
I will be pleased to hear them working on AC4 with proper 2-3 years development cycle.

This.

YazX_
03-10-2012, 06:11 PM

i couldnt agree more, those in-between releases are just for milking customers, dont get me wrong, i like to see yearly releases but not the sam as revelations crap, so if they can work out something to be very good, full of story content, bugs free and optimized release in-between, i dont mind.

ForgiveMePlz
03-10-2012, 10:08 PM

I would currently love to see an Ac being released in 2013 with connor at french revolution, it's only 7 years between the end of Ac3 and the french rev :D

JanTwoSeven
03-10-2012, 11:04 PM

Why not make AC 3.1, 3.25, 3.5 every year? It's up to the customers to buy the games. I heard ac3 did took 3 years to developed.

Anykeyer
03-11-2012, 08:12 AM
Because it will be rushed, unpolished and buggy release. Brotherhood was good since it borrows some unfinished and unimplemented due to time constraints ideas from original AC2. There is always some cool ideas left behind original development. But Revelations SP was utter crap because spinoff production teams was out of imagination and core team was too busy making AC3 to help them.
Besides its already been told that they will try to ship AC 3.5 instead of AC3 in october 30.
And no, its not up to customers, at least those who are not casual bystanders. In a way you screwed if you didnt play ACB and ACR since this games contain more modern day events than AC1+AC2. And dont tell me I could watch it all on youtube.

JanTwoSeven
03-11-2012, 09:06 PM
Because it will be rushed, unpolished and buggy release. Brotherhood was good since it borrows some unfinished and unimplemented due to time constraints ideas from original AC2. There is always some cool ideas left behind original development. But Revelations SP was utter crap because spinoff production teams was out of imagination and core team was too busy making AC3 to help them.
Besides its already been told that they will try to ship AC 3.5 instead of AC3 in october 30.
And no, its not up to customers, at least those who are not casual bystanders. In a way you screwed if you didnt play ACB and ACR since this games contain more modern day events than AC1+AC2. And dont tell me I could watch it all on youtube.

It is up to the customer, it's either spend money/use youtube/ or wait for it to be cheaper. I rather have something then nothing to play with every year.

Anykeyer
03-11-2012, 11:47 PM
It is up to the customer, it's either spend money/use youtube/ or wait for it to be cheaper. I rather have something then nothing to play with every year.

I am completelly opposite. I prefer quality releases. Annual stuff is usually boring. Right now Im not even excited about AC3 just because I got more than enough AC recently.

Razrback16
03-12-2012, 08:57 PM

Ah my man, I must fully disagree. While Revelations wasn't the greatest, Brotherhood IMO was the best AC game to date. I would love if they'd make AC3 and then an add-on or two to extend Connor's story to France, etc. just like Ezio went to Rome in Brotherhood and all. I love it.

Ferrith
03-12-2012, 10:07 PM
Allow me to agree with Anykeyer here. A lot of players, but apparently not enough of us, prefer quality over quantity. AC I and AC II were the best titles in the series, as far as I am concerned. AC Brotherhood wasn't bad, but it didn't employ a lot of new ideas, whereas Revelations had a genuine background but no talented Ubi people -or, perhaps, not enough time- to work on, fully develop it and let it shine in its full potentials. The dialogues were awkward and written just to connect you to the various game areas and introduce you to the new MP characters; in short, it was a failure.

AC is all about story-telling, and when an installment is not properly worked its flaws are more than enough to destroy the general good opinion one has on the title. Apparently there are a lot of players who want more, and more, and even more, whatever the quality of the game, a "greed" that justifies perfectly well modern game companies' policy of milking out their customers while making more money for their share holders. Eventually this turns against gamers' best interest, for we are presented with low-standard games.

Also, the fact that there will be a simultaneous release of AC III on all platforms is not the best news PC players could have hoped for, seeing how this worked with AC:Revelations.

JanTwoSeven
03-14-2012, 05:59 PM
I am completelly opposite. I prefer quality releases. Annual stuff is usually boring. Right now Im not even excited about AC3 just because I got more than enough AC recently.

But I like the idea that they worked on ac3 separately for 3 years while still releasing brotherhood/revelations. They are giving me quantity every year and quality every 2-3 years.

Allow me to agree with Anykeyer here. A lot of players, but apparently not enough of us, prefer quality over quantity. AC I and AC II were the best titles in the series, as far as I am concerned. AC Brotherhood wasn't bad, but it didn't employ a lot of new ideas, whereas Revelations had a genuine background but no talented Ubi people -or, perhaps, not enough time- to work on, fully develop it and let it shine in its full potentials. The dialogues were awkward and written just to connect you to the various game areas and introduce you to the new MP characters; in short, it was a failure.

AC is all about story-telling, and when an installment is not properly worked its flaws are more than enough to destroy the general good opinion one has on the title. Apparently there are a lot of players who want more, and more, and even more, whatever the quality of the game, a "greed" that justifies perfectly well modern game companies' policy of milking out their customers while making more money for their share holders. Eventually this turns against gamers' best interest, for we are presented with low-standard games.

Also, the fact that there will be a simultaneous release of AC III on all platforms is not the best news PC players could have hoped for, seeing how this worked with AC:Revelations.

Ferrith, what do you mean by "Also, the fact that there will be a simultaneous release of AC III on all platforms is not the best news PC players could have hoped for, seeing how this worked with AC:Revelations"? I didn't really get that part.

Ferrith
03-16-2012, 11:27 AM
Ferrith, what do you mean by "Also, the fact that there will be a simultaneous release of AC III on all platforms is not the best news PC players could have hoped for, seeing how this worked with AC:Revelations"? I didn't really get that part.

Should Ubisoft port it directly to PC and not run extensive tests we will be called to deal with a series of bugs and glitches, just as it happened with AC:Revelations. This is what I mean.

chriswdahl13
03-17-2012, 08:22 AM
First of all.... Everybody Thinks The ENTIRE story will end with AC3 and the 2012 Apocalyspe in Desmonds Journey... Uhh Wait a Second Lets Rewind And Pop in AC2.... Okay Okay Good Kill Borgia... Go into the Vault Oh YEAHHHHHH there is a Chance of Saving the WORLD!.... I REally Think It would Be Cool if They Made Like Final Fantasy and Make The Franchise As Far as they Can... Comic Books... Novels.... MOvies.... Uhh Yeah It Will Be An Awesome Game Being Made Even Negecting What Everybody Paid More Attention to.... Revalations... Honestly They Need to Set Up A Multiplayer System That You Are NOT a Templar... I Hate That....Fun Games... Needs an MMO or Just.... Nvm... They Have... Being the Fact That (if you ever Paid Attention to lineage or Bloodlines) They Have ALL of history to Use for The Franchise... Really I Would Like Japan... OHHHH if youve Ever PLayed in the Auditore Family Crypt... They Mention Gengis Kahn...Maybe Hes an Assasin or Like a Guy from the predecceors of the TEMPLARS.... ... .... .... They Could do Some Modern Day Stuff like WW2 Hitler WAS A TEMPLAR 0.0 or or just Modern New York where Either Desmond ( Oh Wait his Story is ending) Or Some Guy Fights The Templars in Like LA or SOmthing.... Think of it!... Its not ALL about the Animus... its About the Conflict Between Templars and Assasins! Ubisoft: The Past, Present, and Future is your PLayground... Use it... Make it... Control it... Discover it... Create it!