PDA

View Full Version : Support for An Assassin's Creed Rpg

Lonesoldier2012
03-07-2012, 02:46 AM
The13Doctors said we should have an Ac rpg. i can't believe i never thought of that. anyway first off. does this forum have a text limit for posts? i made an rpg thread on the Gears of War forums and nearly all of my ideas were erased because they had a post limit. and second of all post your ideas for an Ac rpg and i'll put them into the op if i like them.

Gameplay

I think they should make it as any protagonist, some generic character, then the Animus 5.0 lets him decide what happens.

Then you decide, Templar or Assassin, or a sort of Freelancer, youo choose which missions to do and which path to take, either moving up in the Assassin or Templar Order, or both as a double Agent, and you coul decide to give away information to a faction or create your own independent faction and use your information to come out on top. Or drop the Animus, I love my idea! A completely free AC World. Making a faction against both Templar and Assassin, choosing ways of execution, becoming a master then leader of the Assassins, fighting Templars or choosing to make a truce. It could be separate canon, that doesn't matter as much, it's the game itself that matters, not the canon.

You should be able to choose if you want to play as an Assassin in modern times or an Ancestor. all fully customizeable.

You should be able to pick a certain time period and play as an Assassin in that time.

You should be able to have different clothes and robes.

A full inventory with weapons and clothes that you can carry around. with a weight limit of course.

The13Doctors
03-07-2012, 02:51 AM
I don't think so. Search up your username in the bar, all of your posts will show up. I have 6 pages.

Can you quote me?

ACRPG would be cool.

We are close to that in AC3 but there's much they can do to make it ideal.

Lonesoldier2012
03-07-2012, 02:55 AM
I don't think so. Search up your username in the bar, all of your posts will show up. I have 6 pages.

Can you quote me?

ACRPG would be cool.

We are close to that in AC3 but there's much they can do to make it ideal.No i mean is their a certain amount of words you can have in one post?

The13Doctors
03-07-2012, 03:03 AM
No i mean is their a certain amount of words you can have in one post?

This post will be a test of that. (Meanwhile can you find and post mine?)

Lonesoldier2012
03-07-2012, 03:05 AM
This post will be a test of that. (Meanwhile can you find and post mine?)

I never saw your ideas for an Rpg.

The13Doctors
03-07-2012, 03:06 AM
Just checked it out, the limit is 20,000 characters, I was writing 190,000

JumpInTheFire13
03-07-2012, 03:11 AM
I've never really understood the concept of an RPG. I know you level up your character and you pick a class/race and whatnot. But how did the genre get its name? In Uncharted, for example, you play the role of Nathan Drake, but it isn't considered a Role Playing Game.

The13Doctors
03-07-2012, 03:17 AM
I've never really understood the concept of an RPG. I know you level up your character and you pick a class/race and whatnot. But how did the genre get its name? In Uncharted, for example, you play the role of Nathan Drake, but it isn't considered a Role Playing Game.

Role Playing Game. You take the role of a player and make influences in the game through your decisions.

Not necessarily customization and genders and races. It's how Pokemon is an RPG where your experience is different depending on your choices.

A role-playing game (RPG and sometimes roleplaying game[1][2]) is a game in which players assume the roles of characters in a fictional setting. Players take responsibility for acting out these roles within a narrative, either through literal acting, or through a process of structured decision-making or character development.[3] Actions taken within many games succeed or fail according to a formal system of rules and guidelines.

pirate1802
03-07-2012, 03:47 AM
I'm all for an AC RPG. Maybe, if we are directly playing as the ancestor (no modern settings) rather than Desmond reviewing them, we can introduce choices in these games? Because Desmond is bound to do what his ancestor did, but the ancestor himself would have no such constraints. I like Mass Effect's paragon/renegade scale, you are an assassin and you still fight for them but people remember you as an idealistic freedom fighter or a ruthless killer depending on your actions.
Thoughts?

EDIT: Maybe we can still have a modern side-plot, just no modern character controlling the ancestors.

Lonesoldier2012
03-07-2012, 03:56 AM
I'm all for an AC RPG. Maybe, if we are directly playing as the ancestor (no modern settings) rather than Desmond reviewing them, we can introduce choices in these games? Because Desmond is bound to do what his ancestor did, but the ancestor himself would have no such constraints. I like Mass Effect's paragon/renegade scale, you are an assassin and you still fight for them but people remember you as an idealistic freedom fighter or a ruthless killer depending on your actions.
Thoughts?

EDIT: Maybe we can still have a modern side-plot, just no modern character controlling the ancestors.
I was thinking when you make your character you could choose whether you wanted to play in modern times or as an ancestor.

The13Doctors
03-07-2012, 04:05 AM
I was thinking when you make your character you could choose whether you wanted to play in modern times or as an ancestor.

I think they should make it as any protagonist, some generic character, then the Animus 5.0 lets him decide what happens.

Then you decide, Templar or Assassin, or a sort of Freelancer, youo choose which missions to do and which path to take, either moving up in the Assassin or Templar Order, or both as a double Agent, and you coul decide to give away information to a faction or create your own independent faction and use your information to come out on top. Or drop the Animus, I love my idea! A completely free AC World. Making a faction against both Templar and Assassin, choosing ways of execution, becoming a master then leader of the Assassins, fighting Templars or choosing to make a truce. It could be separate canon, that doesn't matter as much, it's the game itself that matters, not the canon.

pirate1802
03-07-2012, 04:15 AM

If you could choose to be templars or freelancers then there's no point calling it Assassin's Creed. :X It could work for a game with different name though..

The13Doctors
03-07-2012, 04:27 AM
If you could choose to be templars or freelancers then there's no point calling it Assassin's Creed. :X It could work for a game with different name though..

I don't see why not. Assassin's Creed is a Franchise and series. Adding more freedom in a RPG wouldn't make it a different Series.

Lonesoldier2012
03-07-2012, 04:57 AM

I don't see why not. Assassin's Creed is a Franchise and series. Adding more freedom in a RPG wouldn't make it a different Series.

I like the ideas. and i don't see why not. we were Abstergo recruits in the Mp of the games right?

Lonesoldier2012
03-07-2012, 05:01 AM
OP Updated.

The13Doctors
03-07-2012, 05:06 AM
Awesome, I would thoroughly enjoy it

pirate1802
03-07-2012, 06:30 AM
I like the ideas. and i don't see why not. we were Abstergo recruits in the Mp of the games right?

Oops I forgot that! But still, for the major portion of ACR we played as assassins. Playing as templars in a game named assassin's creed seems out of place. See, I love the ideas posted and I'd love to see an AC RPG, i just think they should name it something else rather than "assassins creed" to reflect the neutrality towards assassins and templars, now that we can play both. maybe the secret crusade or something like that :P

The13Doctors
03-07-2012, 06:44 AM
Oops I forgot that! But still, for the major portion of ACR we played as assassins. Playing as templars in a game named assassin's creed seems out of place. See, I love the ideas posted and I'd love to see an AC RPG, i just think they should name it something else rather than "assassins creed" to reflect the neutrality towards assassins and templars, now that we can play both. maybe the secret crusade or something like that :P
I think it MUST be named AC. It won't be recognizable as anything if it has some other name. People are talking about a PSP AC with Daniel, and Assassin's Creed Project Legacy is about Templars and being a Templar.

Assassin's Creed is a franchise, the name is important. Also, it would be RPG, you can play as an Assassin and follow the Creed, but you would also be able to expand your gameplay and play as a Templar, all inteeractive wise in game. Like I stated before, you can get deep into the Templar Order and find out stuff like their plans and give the info to the Assassins, or you can be a total political arse and cause major war by becoming leader of both factions and giving away all of their secrets and arrange a war by telling Assassins that the Templars will be there and telling Templars that Assassins will be there. then just watch the chaos.

An RPG in the AC World would be incredible!

It could be called; Assassin's Creed: Neutrality

pirate1802
03-07-2012, 06:53 AM
I think it MUST be named AC. It won't be recognizable as anything if it has some other name. People are talking about a PSP AC with Daniel, and Assassin's Creed Project Legacy is about Templars and being a Templar.

Assassin's Creed is a franchise, the name is important. Also, it would be RPG, you can play as an Assassin and follow the Creed, but you would also be able to expand your gameplay and play as a Templar, all inteeractive wise in game. Like I stated before, you can get deep into the Templar Order and find out stuff like their plans and give the info to the Assassins, or you can be a total political arse and cause major war by becoming leader of both factions and giving away all of their secrets and arrange a war by telling Assassins that the Templars will be there and telling Templars that Assassins will be there. then just watch the chaos.

An RPG in the AC World would be incredible!

It could be called; Assassin's Creed: Neutrality

I never played the side games much, guess I'm ok with the name then, AC: Neutrality or something like that xD
And I LOVE your ideas. I'd love to be a templar mole and give them away at the last moment xD Or be a money-hungry badass who just likes to watch the world burn.

The13Doctors
03-07-2012, 07:13 AM
I never played the side games much, guess I'm ok with the name then, AC: Neutrality or something like that xD
And I LOVE your ideas. I'd love to be a templar mole and give them away at the last moment xD Or be a money-hungry badass who just likes to watch the world burn.

Haha, I'd play through it so many times, I'd start as the dominant faction, depending on the Time Era. That way I'd be more skilled and not get caught. Once I do that I'd go into the other faction, become a respected member in both, then tip each other off on their actions and while both factions were at their lowest, make my own personal empire.

david99noisy
03-07-2012, 07:39 AM
Weird, I was just imagining this today (but in MMORPG form) if it were an MMORPG I would imagine some people not even being Assassins but soldiers, mercenaries, merchants, have a rich economy, etc. etc. Although it wouldn't work well as an "Assassin's Creed" title since not everyone is an assassin, but generally it is a really cool idea. The only thing I'm not sure of is whether the game would be hardcore rpg (chance-based very little focus on skill (not in the usual sense, atleast), slow-paced combat, and intelligence, or if it should take the Mass Effect route, personally I would see it taking the Mass Effect route, but that's just me.

The13Doctors
03-07-2012, 07:50 AM
Weird, I was just imagining this today (but in MMORPG form) if it were an MMORPG I would imagine some people not even being Assassins but soldiers, mercenaries, merchants, have a rich economy, etc. etc. Although it wouldn't work well as an "Assassin's Creed" title since not everyone is an assassin, but generally it is a really cool idea. The only thing I'm not sure of is whether the game would be hardcore rpg (chance-based very little focus on skill (not in the usual sense, atleast), slow-paced combat, and intelligence, or if it should take the Mass Effect route, personally I would see it taking the Mass Effect route, but that's just me.

I've never played that, how is it?

dxsxhxcx
03-07-2012, 08:04 AM
I believe the problem with an RPG about AC would be the weight our decisions would have in the game, this game has a close relation to real events and people so we wouldn't have much choice regarding this if they wanted to keep this characteristic...

The13Doctors
03-07-2012, 08:06 AM
I believe the problem with an RPG about AC would be the weight our decisions would have in the game, this game has a close relation to real events and people so we wouldn't have much choice regarding this if they wanted to keep this characteristic...

Well, it wouldn't have to be all tied into history. It obviously wouldn't. This one game could be exempt of that.

GLHS
03-07-2012, 08:20 AM
No, just no.

frogger504
03-07-2012, 08:54 AM
I like it.

LightRey
03-07-2012, 09:57 AM
I'm not entirely sure how they could pull that off without making it significantly less realistic though.

UrDeviant1
03-07-2012, 04:00 PM
Hells no.

reddragonhrcro
03-07-2012, 04:02 PM
Not sure myself but if they can pull it of somehow then why not.

Razrback16
03-07-2012, 06:43 PM
I would not be interested in an RPG.

Lonesoldier2012
03-07-2012, 07:49 PM
****. i thought more people would like it. anyway. how's this for a title. Assassin's Creed Universe?

JCearlyyears
03-07-2012, 08:17 PM
It wouldn't really be an assassin's creed game if you are a templar.

POP1Fan
03-07-2012, 08:23 PM
I like the idea, but I take it even beyond. they should make a MMORPG.With classes like in the multiplayer but every class would first start in each country. This way we could have Venice, Florence, Rome, New York, Boston, Paris, Constantinople and many more.For me this would be the best way to continue the series.

Dieinthedark
03-07-2012, 10:38 PM
I said no because of the way the question is worded. If you had the same basic AC principles in a different game and called it something else I'd be fine with it. But Assassin's Creed: The RPG doesn't fit imho....something similar? Yeah sure, why not.

DavisP92
11-14-2012, 01:47 AM
bringing this back because this is pretty interesting.

Assassin's Creed: Recruit
(Genre: RPG/Action-adventure/stealth)
(rating: M)

with customization like:

"2. Customization, Customization, CUSTOMIZATION. I cannot say that enough, what we have in the game so far is horrible, and should not be looked at as "this what the players want". You can never have too much customization! I am going to explain relating to the co-op experience. Let's say that I'm playing with two of my other friends, and we are using the 3rd idea i mentioned in the co-op section. The assassin we pick should be the assassin we stay with. We shouldn't be limited to only have 3 characters to pick, but rather a section of different characters that have different ethnic backgrounds (African-American, Caucasian, Native-American, etc.) and gender as well. This would allow the player to be more immersed because they can pick their own gender and ethnic background. Moving on to the APPEARANCE of the assassin, there should be a few selections that we could pick, NOT just color. Maybe I want something similar to Altair’s outfit, while my two other friends want Ezio’s and Connor's. This doesn't mean just put the same outfits from the past game but rather have different style shirts, pants, hoods, and shoes. Maybe I want to be an assassin that wears Connor type shoes/boots and pants but instead have a sleeveless shirt with a hood. Give that option to the gamers. Moving on toWEAPON, it's cool that in the SP we play as an assassin that can use every single weapon like he has trained with it his entire life. But the co-op should NOT be like that, otherwise how would we be different from our friends that are playing or have a different experience when we play it again. There should be a class base selection when picking your assassin. Examples are an Archery, Poison, and bombs. If you pick archery then you get to use a bow but you can't use poison or any type of bomb, this includes smoke bombs and vice-versa for the other classes. This would provide a different experience depending on what class you pick and how many players are playing (2 or 3). I know class based system are very RPG-y but if done correctly then it would be an amazing addition to the co-op experience. Sorry but I’m going to add another RPG-ish element, which is skills. Again I know that AC isn't a RPG but that doesn't mean that it can't take things from different genres and add them into its features list to make the game more amazing. When I say skills I'm referring to something similar to the idea of the classes I mentioned. Our assassins, when playing co-op should not master everything. But instead should be okay with certain weapons but truly excel with others. Let's say that I pick the Archer which means one of my skills should be Archery of course, but what if I play the game mainly using only hand to hand and my hidden blades? Then wouldn't that mean that is what I prefer to use, so why not say that that is what my other skills would be as I continue the game. Of course in the co-op experience we would be starting as recruits and moving up to master assassin so why not at every level allow us to pick a skill that we would want to use that we are allowed to (meaning archer assassin can't pick a poison skill). So for hand to hand combat you could start off as a brawler and then improve your skills so that you can disarm, then to you can redirect attacks (like Ezio did in the ACR CGI trailer). Skill like that is what I'm referring to, which would then allow players that perhaps like using the dagger to have their own skills, strengths and weaknesses, that are different from those that they are playing with. Another Part of the customization would be where the weapons are located on our assassins, if I'm the Archery Assassin and only use my hands then I should have any weapons besides a bow and a quiver of arrows on my back. But if my friend is the bomb assassin it would be nice to see a belt of bombs that he can wear and if there is a belt maybe he wants the belt across his chest or on the waist. If he also uses a dagger, maybe he wants the dagger on his waist, leg, back (like Altair) or on his lower back like a ninja. There should be options to where we can put our weapons on our assassin as well.

3. WEIGHT, HEALTH, STEALTH, AND ANIMATIONS. Staring with weight if my assassin is only has a bow and no armor then shouldn't he be faster than my friends that have swords, daggers, and different pieces of armor on them? The amount of weapons you have on you should affect your speed when running, climbing, and fighting. Now if you have bombs on your chest, a sword on your back and a dagger on your leg don't you think the guards should be paying more attention to the person with all those weapons on their assassin more than a person that may only have a bow? I do. The amount of weapons and EVEN ARMOR should effect how guards interact with you; no normal person has a full set of armor and an arsenal of weapons on them. Guards should really constantly be watching a person that does. So notoriety should be affected with how many weapons you carry and your armor that you have on. I hit two birds with one stone there, knocked out both weight and stealth http://static5.cdn.ubi.com/u/ubiforums/20120411.419/images/smilies/smile.png. Now for animations and health, if I don't have any armor on then that would mean that if I’m hit by a sword, dagger or arrow I should take more damage than a friend that has more armor, right? Of course, so our health should also be affected by the amount of armor we have, which then would make the game more challenging for those that don't have any protection. But if you don't have armor then you move faster, so have animations that actually are different for those that don't have armor. Maybe a person with no armor or very little can do flips when vaulting over objects or even flip over guards like Ezio. While a person with a lot of armor could have animations that show it, for example if a person is playing with a lot of armor and gets into a fight a counter could show that he stops a sword with his arm gauntlet rather than dodging it."

MaskedJ
11-14-2012, 03:13 AM
It seems like a cool idea, but way too big to be possible. After all, what time period will it be taking place in, how many character creation options will have to be made for the diversity necessary for a realistic AC game, ect. It will be way too huge of a project to tackle, even if its an interesting idea.

BATISTABUS
11-14-2012, 03:16 AM
I'm only in favor of this if it's an MMO, and even I'd want the PRG elements to be minimal.

DroppedClock56
12-20-2012, 08:53 PM
I want an assassins creed mmo, or rpg. people please spam forum chat with this so out voice can be heard

Gi1t
12-20-2012, 09:12 PM
No i mean is their a certain amount of words you can have in one post?

I don't think so, but in PMs, there's a 1000 character limit which is stupid. -__-

DroppedClock56
12-20-2012, 10:37 PM
check out my assassins creed mmorpg thread