PDA

View Full Version : I have something to say

Lonesoldier2012
03-06-2012, 08:50 PM
Now, me and my brother have been playing Assassins Creed since day 1. we would take turns on my xbox in 2 hour intervals. we both beat it within a week and i beat it before him. a few months went by, we both moved on to Halo. then i heard news of an Assassins Creed 2. we watched all the trailers. drooled over every bit of information. we saw it was in Italy and the targets in the game were people we learned about in school! it took us longer to do everything. finding every treasure chest, every feather, trying to get every achievement. then we heard rumors of a sequel to Ezio's story called Assassins Creed Brotherhood. we heard of Assassin recruits and we saw Desmond have an awesome man beard :D surely with Assassin recruits their would be Co-op! but alas. when we rushed home from Gamestop and put the ACB disc into the xbox. we didn't see a Co-op option so we clicked on the Multiplayer option. we saw we had to have xbox live to play it. there was no local Mp. we played through the story and even worse. Desmond's Man Beard was gone D: we moved on to other games rather quickly after that. neither of us had played Ac for awhile. he had College and i had Highschool. so neither of us had enough time to fit good ole Ac into our schedule. we both sat in front of the computer and watched E3 last year. we saw a new trailer for Gears of War 3, an awesome trailer for Halo 4. after awhile we started to get tired of watching stuff about the New Kinect games then we saw Ubisoft had a new and big announcement trailer. we waded through the new Rayman and enjoyed watching the Ghost Recon trailer. then. finally a new trailer for something called Assassins Creed Revelations. we watched in shock and awe. we waited till November. picked up the game. we saw the Multiplayer option again. we clicked it, yet still you had to have xbox live to play it :( we played through the game he never finished it as he has more College work. i did. i joined this forum. and yesterday saw the trailer for Assassins Creed 3. and today i turn on my computer to see that Co-op had been revealed! finally we could play through together! with a new Assassin! he was even Native American! and we are part Native American. i opened the Co-op thread and read the article. and yet again... it seems Co-op will only be for xbox live users. and dammit this is where i draw the line. doesn't anyone remember inviting friends over to play games at their houses? i remember inviting my best buddies to play Mortal Kombat. and now. you have to have money to have the same experiences. and Ubi i have to say. you screw over your fans that don't have xbox live. and i just hope when i open my game on October 30th i will see the Co-op option click it. and be able to have those same experiences i had as a kid. and i doubt anyone will read this. and even less likely anyone will care. but i had to say it.

Thanks for your time.

brick177
03-06-2012, 08:52 PM
PSN = Free :)

Lonesoldier2012
03-06-2012, 08:53 PM
PSN = Free :)

Xbox is better. and one reason we can't get xbox live is because we can't connect.

Assassin_M
03-06-2012, 08:55 PM
we cant have everything we want, can we now ?

D.I.D.
03-06-2012, 08:57 PM
This isn't necessarily a simple decision. I think this game is going to stretch every console to its limits, so providing split-screen co-op on one box is perhaps more than the machines can handle.

brick177
03-06-2012, 08:58 PM
Xbox is better. and one reason we can't get xbox live is because we can't connect.

I'm sure, I always make bad decisions. And I agree with your co-op sentiment, it's a lost mode that was always quite enjoyable.

ArD117
03-06-2012, 09:00 PM
I wouldn't be so hopeless about AC3 Co-Op yet :). And don't think that no one cares. I think we all have siblings or friends that have also shared some cool co-op game experiences with us, so it's actually very relateable. Who knows, Ubi may be saving a Co-Op reveal for E3!

Lonesoldier2012
03-06-2012, 09:00 PM
we cant have everything we want, can we now ?

T_T Are you serious? [deleted] isn't censored?

Lonesoldier2012
03-06-2012, 09:02 PM
I'm sure, I always make bad decisions. And I agree with your co-op sentiment, it's a lost mode that was always quite enjoyable.
Yes it really is :(

I wouldn't be so hopeless about AC3 Co-Op yet :). And don't think that no one cares. I think we all have siblings or friends that have also shared some cool co-op game experiences with us, so it's actually very relateable. Who knows, Ubi may be saving a Co-Op reveal for E3!

I hope so.

Gil_217
03-06-2012, 09:02 PM

No it isn't.

Lonesoldier2012
03-06-2012, 09:04 PM
No it isn't.

Okay whatever let's not turn this into a console war.

freddie_1897
03-06-2012, 09:04 PM
T_T Are you serious? [deleted] isn't censored?
i know, and **** is!
its what ******s build, and theres something called hoovers **** which is hydroelectric

Lonesoldier2012
03-06-2012, 09:06 PM
i know, and **** is!
its what ******s build, and theres something called hoovers **** which is hydroelectric

Also tits and ****** aren't censored.

LightRey
03-06-2012, 09:07 PM
Also tits and ****** aren't censored.
*giggles*

Assassin_M
03-06-2012, 09:08 PM
*giggles*
I knew you had a naughty side !! :P

freddie_1897
03-06-2012, 09:11 PM
wait, it even censors beeaver? (the actual spelling of course) what the hell is wrong with these forums? AC is a 15, we know what swearwords are, we also know what Beeavers are!

Lonesoldier2012
03-06-2012, 09:15 PM
wait, it even censors beeaver? (the actual spelling of course) what the hell is wrong with these forums? AC is a 15, we know what swearwords are, we also know what Beeavers are!

Even worse. C l a m is censored. and f a r t and b u t t

Rycay
03-06-2012, 09:17 PM
Even worse. C l a m is censored. and f a r t and b u t t

It's amazing how quickly these topics change. lol

Lonesoldier2012
03-06-2012, 09:17 PM
It's amazing how quickly these topics change. lol

Yes. let's get back on topic people.

FilipinoNinja67
03-06-2012, 09:19 PM
Yes i am also disappointed that its not splitscreen as well as online because i invite my friend over a lot and we usually just hang out or play video games and now when she comes over a month after my birthday she will have to sit and watch me play AC3. Lol

*** isnt cencsored. *** isnt censored but c u m s is cir****tance....

Assassin_M
03-06-2012, 09:21 PM
Yes. let's get back on topic people.
Was there a topic ?

freddie_1897
03-06-2012, 09:24 PM
yes, the topic title is 'i have something to say' and i do have something to say, why the hell is the correct way of saying beeaver censored but tit, arsehole, ****** and wanker aren't?

freddie_1897
03-06-2012, 09:25 PM
big fat bubbly titty wanking ******mouth arseholes-take that Forum Censorship!

Lonesoldier2012
03-06-2012, 09:29 PM
Guys please stop. the censor is crap we can all agree on that but i don't want this topic locked.

D.I.D.
03-06-2012, 09:44 PM
Are there any other open world games with this much detail that let you play co-op in split screen?

I can't think of any that do, and if they are then the frame rate must be terrible. I've seen co-op FPS games with simple maps that just about get by.

Lonesoldier2012
03-06-2012, 09:46 PM
Are there any other open world games with this much detail that let you play co-op in split screen?

I can't think of any that do, and if they are then the frame rate must be terrible. I've seen co-op FPS games with simple maps that just about get by.

Borderlands.

UrDeviant1
03-06-2012, 09:49 PM
Stop being so cheap and pay for a 1-year subscription to XBL :)

reddragonhrcro
03-06-2012, 09:51 PM
Stop being so cheap and pay for a 1-year subscription to XBL :)

Or get a PS3...:rolleyes:

Lonesoldier2012
03-06-2012, 09:52 PM
Stop being so cheap and pay for a 1-year subscription to XBL :)Thank you for considering my situation. i support my parents and my brother pays his own college tuition while working all day. videogames are the only good things in our life right now.

D.I.D.
03-06-2012, 09:52 PM
Borderlands.

That's really not comparable though, it's a much simpler game. Also a much different renderer.

I mean a GTA4, Saints Row3, Infamous 2, that kind of game. Those aren't even close to the complexity we can expect in AC3, and they can't give you co-op either.

UrDeviant1
03-06-2012, 09:53 PM
Or get a PS3...:rolleyes:

I'd say a PS3 costs 10x that of a 1-year XBL subscription.

reddragonhrcro
03-06-2012, 09:54 PM
I'd say a PS3 costs 10x that of a 1-year XBL subscription.

Yeah but you donīt have to pay for something that should be free.:rolleyes:

UrDeviant1
03-06-2012, 09:55 PM
Yeah but you donīt have to pay for something that should be free.:rolleyes:

Why should It be free? :rolleyes:

freddie_1897
03-06-2012, 10:00 PM
Why should It be free? :rolleyes:
it doesn't matter if it should be free, the point is that it is free if you buy a PS3

UrDeviant1
03-06-2012, 10:04 PM
it doesn't matter if it should be free, the point is that it is free if you buy a PS3

No no, see the point Is If you own an Xbox and can't fork out the measly money for a 1-year subscription, you shouldn't complain to ubisoft about making an online multi-player game. If you can't afford that, you sure as hell aint gonna' be able to afford a PS3

Lonesoldier2012
03-06-2012, 10:08 PM
No no, see the point Is If you own an Xbox and can't fork out the measly money for a 1-year subscription, you shouldn't complain to ubisoft about making an online multi-player game. If you can't afford that, you sure as hell aint gonna' be able to afford a PS3

You clearly didn't read this on the last page so i'll say it again.

Thank you for considering my situation. i support my parents and my brother pays his own college tuition while working all day. videogames are the only good things in our life right now.

UrDeviant1
03-06-2012, 10:12 PM
You clearly didn't read this on the last page so i'll say it again.

Thank you for considering my situation. i support my parents and my brother pays his own college tuition while working all day. videogames are the only good things in our life right now.

I support my parents too, but I still keep some of the money I earn for myself. I don't get this.

Lonesoldier2012
03-06-2012, 10:16 PM
I support my parents too, but I still keep some of the money I earn for myself. I don't get this.

Except i'm in highschool. it was better a few years ago so i could buy an xbox. i work at waterburger for pete's sake. i have to buy my own books for school and pay my own tuition as well. i save money for myself but i have to take my girlfriend out. and it's either a date with my girl or buy a new game. and it'll take years to buy a ps3 and then the new one would be out. i have to start saving now just so i can get the CE of Ac3.

UrDeviant1
03-06-2012, 10:25 PM
Except i'm in highschool. it was better a few years ago so i could buy an xbox. i work at waterburger for pete's sake. i have to buy my own books for school and pay my own tuition as well. i save money for myself but i have to take my girlfriend out. and it's either a date with my girl or buy a new game. and it'll take years to buy a ps3 and then the new one would be out. i have to start saving now just so i can get the CE of Ac3.

I wonder how your GF would feel about you saying video games were the most Important thing In your life lol Anyway, I don't think you can complain about Ubi putting out an online MP game, It's just a string of cir****tances which render you unable to pay for the privilege of XBL, and totally not their fault. I'm trying not to sound harsh.

UrDeviant1
03-06-2012, 10:26 PM
This censorship thingy needs sorting out.

Lonesoldier2012
03-06-2012, 10:29 PM
I wonder how your GF would feel about you saying video games were the most Important thing In your life lol Anyway, I don't think you can complain about Ubi putting out an online MP game, It's just a string of cir****tances which render you unable to pay for the privilege of XBL, and totally not their fault. I'm trying not to sound harsh.

She's a gamer too. she understands.

Helforsite
03-06-2012, 10:46 PM
@Lonesoldier2012: If she is really a gamer and you are wanna play AC3 Co-op for sure, just do something free/cheaper on a few dates with you girlfriend and you have the money for the xbl subscribtion! lol thats not so difficult! also with talking about gender quality she could pay for a few dates only possible problem: its not that gentleman like^^
sincerly streakeracr

Lonesoldier2012
03-06-2012, 10:57 PM
@Lonesoldier2012: If she is really a gamer and you are wanna play AC3 Co-op for sure, just do something free/cheaper on a few dates with you girlfriend and you have the money for the xbl subscribtion! lol thats not so difficult! also with talking about gender quality she could pay for a few dates only possible problem: its not that gentleman like^^
sincerly streakeracrKountry gentlemen bro. that's not how i was raised. and dude do you know how cheap waterburger is with it's employees? our date is usually just going to the movies. and even that is like 50 bucks now.

LadyGahan2010
03-06-2012, 11:19 PM
@OP, if you watched ALL trailers for AC you knew there will be MP that is played online. Way ahead of time. Could have saved some money during the months of waiting for the game to be released. It's not Ubi's fault that you made bad decisions when purchasing a console. They advertised the game as having online MP. You weren't aware? I find it odd. Direct your anger either at yourself for not buying PS3, or At Miscrosoft for making you pay.
And please don't repeat how you "support" your parents, I know financial hardship better than you. Are you sure it's that or your parents won't let you play online? Anyway, you misdirected your anger.

Gil_217
03-06-2012, 11:29 PM
I'm sorry, but I have been loling hard while reading this whole thread.

Lonesoldier2012
03-06-2012, 11:44 PM
@OP, if you watched ALL trailers for AC you knew there will be MP that is played online. Way ahead of time. Could have saved some money during the months of waiting for the game to be released. It's not Ubi's fault that you made bad decisions when purchasing a console. They advertised the game as having online MP. You weren't aware? I find it odd. Direct your anger either at yourself for not buying PS3, or At Miscrosoft for making you pay.
And please don't repeat how you "support" your parents, I know financial hardship better than you. Are you sure it's that or your parents won't let you play online? Anyway, you misdirected your anger.
First off *******. no we didn't have time to watch all the trailers for ACB we were doing alot more school at the time. and they didn't advertise it as online only. they said Mp. second of all how the **** can you say that you know hardship better then someone you don't know? you don't know anything about me. i'm 16 and i can do whatever the **** i want. it wouldn't really matter if my parents didn't want me to play online or not. and ya know what i do support my parents. without me and my brother at times they'd be on the street.

shiroyukinohime
03-06-2012, 11:58 PM

The price of a 1 year membership is $50? (I'm not sure - I don't have an Xbox). You have until October 30 for the release of AC3. That's 8 months = roughly 240 days.
Start putting away $1 every day in a piggy bank or something. I'm not joking - putting that money away out of your sight will prevent you from spending it and you likely won't miss $1. Or you could put away a small amount ($3 or something) every pay day. It's the same principle as having an automatic savings account or retirement fund. You can ask your bro to contribute if he can handle it. On October 30, you should have $240 in that piggy bank, enough for both the membership and the game.

It's easier to save in small increments instead of lump sums. It's a psychology thing.

Lonesoldier2012
03-07-2012, 12:09 AM
The price of a 1 year membership is $50? (I'm not sure - I don't have an Xbox). You have until October 30 for the release of AC3. That's 8 months = roughly 240 days.
Start putting away $1 every day in a piggy bank or something. I'm not joking - putting that money away out of your sight will prevent you from spending it and you likely won't miss $1. Or you could put away a small amount ($3 or something) every pay day. It's the same principle as having an automatic savings account or retirement fund. You can ask your bro to contribute if he can handle it. On October 30, you should have $240 in that piggy bank, enough for both the membership and the game.

It's easier to save in small increments instead of lump sums. It's a psychology thing.I would still have to buy the xbox adapter. which is alot as well. and we live deep in the woods. we can't get cable, high speed internet, we can barely get bars for our cell phones. i've asked Microsoft about signal before. they said we would have to build or buy a 150 foot radio tower just to get signal for xbox live. one of my friends brought his adapter over and it disconnected every 5 seconds after it connected.

shiroyukinohime
03-07-2012, 12:17 AM
I would still have to buy the xbox adapter. which is alot as well. and we live deep in the woods. we can't get cable, high speed internet, we can barely get bars for our cell phones. i've asked Microsoft about signal before. they said we would have to build or buy a 150 foot radio tower just to get signal for xbox live. one of my friends brought his adapter over and it disconnected every 5 seconds after it connected.
... then I got no more advice for you.

Lonesoldier2012
03-07-2012, 12:25 AM
... then I got no more advice for you.

Thanks for at least trying to help lol.

Lonesoldier2012
03-07-2012, 12:26 AM
Yes i am also disappointed that its not splitscreen as well as online because i invite my friend over a lot and we usually just hang out or play video games and now when she comes over a month after my birthday she will have to sit and watch me play AC3. Lol

*** isnt cencsored. *** isnt censored but c u m s is cir****tance....It's really a shame.

JumpInTheFire13
03-07-2012, 01:06 AM
I really, really don't want to start a console war. You're tempting me.

Lonesoldier2012
03-07-2012, 01:12 AM
I really, really don't want to start a console war. You're tempting me.

I already said let's not start a console war.

Dieinthedark
03-07-2012, 01:21 AM
@OP- yes I really miss the split screen option as well. But for an AC game, splitting your screen in half I just don't think would flow...you know? I mean even on a good sized TV AC still needs a wide view so you can see your surroundings, plan your free running routes etc...

Honestly, split screen co-op was the only reason I bought RB6V2... so yeah, I miss it too!

The13Doctors
03-07-2012, 01:57 AM
It wouldn't be hard to implement and it isn't bad. You don't use it, but many of us do.

Split screen isn't really noticeable when you are in the game

Acrimonious_Nin
03-08-2012, 05:40 AM
I already said let's not start a console war.

Look america = freedom therefore ps3 = free online gaming ps3 is better than your red coat taxing microsoft xbox....HOW IS A BOX 360 DEGREES C'MON!!!!!!!!! lol only an xbox gamer wouldn't see the oxymoron here :p

--let me be the one to fire the first shot that sparks a war--

jmk1999
03-08-2012, 06:30 AM
this topic is ticking me off just trying to censor it. yes... the censor is messed up... but stop repeating and trying to think of new stuff to say. i'm closing this topic. if you got something worth saying make a new one... a CLEAN one... next time.