PDA

View Full Version : what where your thoughts on assassins creed revelations?

ajl992008
03-06-2012, 08:19 PM
i just wanted to start this poll to see what people actually felt about acr, it had mixed feelings about it, some were completely valid while other in my opinion were a bit unfair on the game but also after you vote please say why u voted what you voted for so we can get an overall opinion as to what people thought of assassins creed revelations, in my opinion, it was my favourite game of the series but did have some flaws, the main flaw for me was that the altiar sections were too short and there wasn't masyaf free roam in the game, it would have been fun to free roam in cold 16th century masyaf as ezio and in vibrant 12th century masyaf as altair, secondly i felt that there was a complete let down in the promise of random events, i really weas looking forward to them and they didnt deliver, i didnt have problem with the desmond sections but i see peoples point in hating first person so i guess it would have been better 3rd person.

but now the gds things:

hookblade- great improvement to free running and VERY innovative

bombs- many many bombs for all situations in game and so more effective as its a change to the core gameplay

eagle sense- allowed for more mission variety and good for tactical purposes.

setting- brand new setting which has never been seen before and the best in the series

soundtrack- this is subjective but in my opinion it was the best one and if u dont agree u cant deny its atleast a very good one.

character- best characters, again subjective but definitely better characters, due to new setting all character were new making it fresh.

improvement on brotherhood system- now u could really interact with them unlike acb

genral performance and qaulity improvements- new effects, better graphics, better facial animations etc.

but as i say whatever you vote please say why below.

Assassin_M
03-06-2012, 08:24 PM
Well... your not totally new, but you`re not a regular.. so Welcome ?
There are other threads like this one, and an Official one too so I suggest looking for said threads instead making a new one..
Sorry for the inconvenience..

ajl992008
03-06-2012, 08:27 PM
Well... your not totally new, but you`re not a regular.. so Welcome ?
There are other threads like this one, and an Official one too so I suggest looking for said threads instead making a new one..
Sorry for the inconvenience..

i appreciate that but none have been in a poll form which is what i wanted to do, if there has been a poll one then im soory, well im sort of a regular in the snese that i always look at the forums but i just dont comment often lol

Assassin_M
03-06-2012, 08:33 PM
i appreciate that but none have been in a poll form which is what i wanted to do, if there has been a poll one then im soory, well im sort of a regular in the snese that i always look at the forums but i just dont comment often lol
I appreciate your civility, seeing as many have seem to have turned into jerks and would bash a guy for simply telling them facts.. but, who am i to judge ?
Anyways, I wont lie, but i really dont know if there are any Poll threads, but i doubt there isnt..

C112408E
03-06-2012, 08:46 PM
Could've used a LOT of improvement. Worst AC to date. That's not to say it's a terrible game or anything, it just pales in comparison to the rest of this series.

ajl992008
03-06-2012, 08:51 PM
Thanks, :) i know what u mean, for example i was watching the ac3 reveal trailer and a guy comments thst acr was a let down and apparantly in ac2 we had 2 large and 2 medium cities n acr was 1 medium and small, i point out that constantinople csnt b a medium city as its about 2 1/2 times the size of florence and the amount of abuse i got from the guy lol. Bck on topic yh there prob is another one around but it must be quite some time back so this could be an updated impressions as such, there seens to b alot of people who already voted and so it will b interesting to see how this turns out

ajl992008
03-06-2012, 08:52 PM
Could've used a LOT of improvement. Worst AC to date. That's not to say it's a terrible game or anything, it just pales in comparison to the rest of this series.

Can u givecsome examples where it didnt work for u in comparision to previous games and if any was there snything u did like?

C112408E
03-06-2012, 09:06 PM
Can u givecsome examples where it didnt work for u in comparision to previous games and if any was there snything u did like?

The biggest problem was that it was literally the exact same thing as AC:B. All they did was toss in some new weapons and stuff. The lack of change in the basic fundamentals was the problem. The graphics are exactly the same as the other's, the civilians all react/act the same way as before and the only difference is their clothing, gameplay hasn't changed in any way (besides, of course, things like new finishers and new weapons like bombs), physics, etc. You know what I mean? It's the simple things like those that make a game feel "new" to me. They literally just copied and pasted the previous AC and just replaced the map and changed the weapons and all that other stuff, but they didn't modify the building blocks of the game. This is where I hope ACIII changes.

ajl992008
03-06-2012, 09:21 PM
The biggest problem was that it was literally the exact same thing as AC:B. All they did was toss in some new weapons and stuff. The lack of change in the basic fundamentals was the problem. The graphics are exactly the same as the other's, the civilians all react/act the same way as before and the only difference is their clothing, gameplay hasn't changed in any way (besides, of course, things like new finishers and new weapons like bombs), physics, etc. You know what I mean? It's the simple things like those that make a game feel "new" to me. They literally just copied and pasted the previous AC and just replaced the map and changed the weapons and all that other stuff, but they didn't modify the building blocks of the game. This is where I hope ACIII changes.

I see, i agree with u to an extent, i wudnt say copy and paste but i will say similiar is fair, theres a number of reasons for this, it being made in a year, its a continuation of ezio so it has to be HIS ganeplay, people do like the currentcgameplay but i fully agree with u in that there needed to be abit more chsnge, chsnge of existing concept wud hsve been good. Some people liked the faniliarity i guess ur not one of them which is y ac3 will b 4 u coz its a complete chsnge in ac gameplay. Judging by wt we have seen so far.

egriffin09
03-06-2012, 09:22 PM
I thought it was a little better than brotherhood storyline wise, although it was a little shorter than brotherhood. Gameplay was basically the same as AC:B just wilth a hookblade and bombs. Overall, I enjoyed it more than AC:B, but not as much as AC2. AC:B had too many "follow me", "tail this person" missions, where as I felt AC:R had more variety in missions but not as much variety as AC 2 did. AC 2 is a masterpiece IMO.

Grazel69
03-06-2012, 09:32 PM
What there were random events in acr? i'm not even kidding there was? only one I know of is the guy trying to assassinate you but apart from that?

good things: decent overal experience with some good story but nothing really to say " wow that was awesome"

bad things: -all the gimmicks (bombs, hookblade functions not including the freerunning ones, den defense)
SPOLIER Yusuf died SPOILER END
Multiplayer still buggy as hell
Armors were still giant plate mail
nothin really that new

ajl992008
03-06-2012, 09:55 PM
I thought it was a little better than brotherhood storyline wise, although it was a little shorter than brotherhood. Gameplay was basically the same as AC:B just wilth a hookblade and bombs. Overall, I enjoyed it more than AC:B, but not as much as AC2. AC:B had too many "follow me", "tail this person" missions, where as I felt AC:R had more variety in missions but not as much variety as AC 2 did. AC 2 is a masterpiece IMO.

This sums up how i felt, story was better than acb and how u dedcribed acb is how i felt aswell, it had in my opinion boring missions in story but side missions were amazing, ac2 was the best but acr i think was a close second bcoz the closure of ezio and altairs story was very well done, its really down to whether people liked the familliarity or not.

ajl992008
03-06-2012, 10:00 PM
What there were random events in acr? i'm not even kidding there was? only one I know of is the guy trying to assassinate you but apart from that?

good things: decent overal experience with some good story but nothing really to say " wow that was awesome"

bad things: -all the gimmicks (bombs, hookblade functions not including the freerunning ones, den defense)
SPOLIER Yusuf died SPOILER END
Multiplayer still buggy as hell
Armors were still giant plate mail
nothin really that new

I genuinely loled at this, there was supposed to b random events in the game, alex amancio says to gameinforner last may, they r there but very few, only 4, a guy starting a fight with u, a guy needing u to stack some boxes, a templar tax collector who u assassinate and the stalker who trys to kill u but they promised more.

And can i ask why did u find bombs and hookblade gimmicky? Out of interedt bcoz my stand point is they r no different to the double hidden blades or all the leonardo inventions which ppl thought were kl, acr weapons in my opinion had more purpose but its ur opinion im just curioud to ur reasoning behind it.

Saar Ben Kiki
03-06-2012, 10:16 PM
the sound and timing work was amazing - best score so far and this game had such a potential to fill us more with altair and desmond but kinda failed...
i expected longer time with altair and better info on desmond.. and a longer game of course

ajl992008
03-06-2012, 10:23 PM
the sound and timing work was amazing - best score so far and this game had such a potential to fill us more with altair and desmond but kinda failed...
i expected longer time with altair and better info on desmond.. and a longer game of course

I agree, i think the informstion on desmond was gd, they couldnt tell anymore but its the way they did it, if we could have played the memory like we do with ezio n altair it would hsve been more effective like in uncharted 3 wen u play as young drake, that section wouldnt have been as gd if u were old drake narrating what happenex, snd100% agree about altair i liked the memories used it was just they were too short.

agitatedchimp
03-06-2012, 11:06 PM
Honestly the gameplay was okay in revelations i did enjoy it but it felt more of an expansion then an actual game :/
However i think the ending made it all worth while. In my opinion Ezio's ending in revelations was the best out of all the games in my opinion

ajl992008
03-06-2012, 11:26 PM
Honestly the gameplay was okay in revelations i did enjoy it but it felt more of an expansion then an actual game :/
However i think the ending made it all worth while. In my opinion Ezio's ending in revelations was the best out of all the games in my opinion

Can u b more specific as to how the game felt more ike an expansion to u? Personly acb felt like an expansion to me and acr was a return to form minus den defence and small issues here and there

pirate1802
03-07-2012, 03:20 AM

^^This is what i thought too. Somewhat shorter than ACB, but overall better than ACB. Had they added more side missions then it would have been longer than ACB. And yes, ACB and ACR both felt like stand-alone expansions because they only expanded the story, gameplay largely remained the same. ACB more so, because apart from gameplay, even the setting, majority of the characters and story looked to be the same. ACR not so much, new settings and characters, still the gameplay made it feel like an expansion.

GeneralTrumbo
03-07-2012, 03:29 AM
Assassins Creed Revelations was a pretty good game, although had room for improvement. The graphics, for instance, were fantastic.

The13Doctors
03-07-2012, 03:40 AM
I loved the environment, it was truly amazing, you could actually see the culture.

Those guys with Flame Chests:
http://i39.tinypic.com/maz0vr.jpg

ace3001
03-07-2012, 04:41 AM
Very good. But there was much more room for improvement, especially in terms of story.

ajl992008
03-08-2012, 08:57 AM
Very good. But there was much more room for improvement, especially in terms of story.
what didnt you like about the story? i thought it was a big step up from brotherhood but obv not quite to the lvl of ac2 as ac2's story was a masterpiece.

ajl992008
03-08-2012, 08:59 AM
I loved the environment, it was truly amazing, you could actually see the culture.

Those guys with Flame Chests:
http://i39.tinypic.com/maz0vr.jpg

thats one thing that i really thought5 people where missing when they said acr was copy and paste, the environments where completely different to past games.

lol why does he have one coming out his chest?

ace3001
03-08-2012, 12:31 PM
what didnt you like about the story? i thought it was a big step up from brotherhood but obv not quite to the lvl of ac2 as ac2's story was a masterpiece.
It was okay, but to me, the modern day story (which is what I consider most important, could be different for others, of course) felt terrible. There was so many things Desmond could've asked Sixteen, but he didn't. And Sixteen didn't attempt to describe anything either. It feels kinda... fake, now that I've played TLA as well. And the Ezio story felt like filler. And that great item in the library being an Apple of Eden? That was so anticlimactic.

Epsilonyx
03-08-2012, 12:45 PM

Um what? The new sounds implemented were terrible, they didn't fit in with anything. The old takedowns feature satisfying crunches and slashes, while all the Revelations takedowns were just a few badly times stab noises. I honestly only use the small weapon just so I don't have to watch the terrible new executions. However I agree with you on the soundtrack.

LightRey
03-08-2012, 01:49 PM
Um what? The new sounds implemented were terrible, they didn't fit in with anything. The old takedowns feature satisfying crunches and slashes, while all the Revelations takedowns were just a few badly times stab noises. I honestly only use the small weapon just so I don't have to watch the terrible new executions. However I agree with you on the soundtrack.

I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.