PDA

View Full Version : Ubisoft-AnvilNext Engine

Assassin_M
03-06-2012, 08:09 PM
A thread that is actually relevant to the game..
Well, we saw the trailer and I had my doubts about it being full blown CGI or not..
I took a closer and the polygons and textures started to stand out so I was thinking that this might actually be the In-game engine and I was right..
So... what else might this engine be capable of ?

notafanboy
03-06-2012, 08:14 PM
i have my doubts about it being gameplay,the previous game looked beautiful but this is just UBI showing off

Assassin_M
03-06-2012, 08:17 PM
i have my doubts about it being gameplay,the previous game looked beautiful but this is just UBI showing off
If the engine is powerful enough to render 1000 man battles then Im more than positive that the trailer is rendered using the Ingame engine..
Besides, its not showing off... Its called Pride.

POP1Fan
03-06-2012, 08:17 PM
If I can do things in the game at least 1/4 of how the trailer was it's going to be awesome.
I love the trailer and i am 90% sure the trailer was not CGI beacause it's not as good as the Revelations one.
The blood stains on the snow, the snow being blown by the wind...I am sure there is a weather system...AC III i can't wait till you will blow my mind :cool:

UrDeviant1
03-06-2012, 08:19 PM
The game looked Incredible before, especially ACR. Now with this? anything's possible. I expect the free-running to look absolutely amazing, whereas before It looked simply amazing.

D.I.D.
03-06-2012, 08:20 PM
I don't think we're going to see the game engine looking like that. Lots of games boast that they're using the game engine in trailers, when what they really mean is that it's the game engine pre-rendered with loads of artistic touches added in post processing. It will look something like that, and it's going to be beautiful, but the trailer is a representation only.

I'm interested in the info that said they can render thousands of characters on screen at once. That's a huge leap forward. Hopefully this means much less pop-in than we've seen before, faster movement on horseback (graphical bottlenecks prevented all but PC owners with SSD systems from seeing the intended speed of horses in ACB) and perhaps more environmental detail too.

I guess since we'll be right up close to the trees and actually climbing in the branches that those will have to be very well modelled too.

Really looking forward to their show at E3 to see how this works.

ShaneO7K
03-06-2012, 08:21 PM
I think Shade confirmed yesterday that the trailer was rendered with the in-game engine.

Saar Ben Kiki
03-06-2012, 08:25 PM
im very skeptic and i find myself having hard time to believe its actually it or near real graphics..
im awaiting real in game pics to see but i have high hopes because they say " we wont to make it look next gen on current gen" and the best one that feels next gen is battlefield 3

sticks165
03-06-2012, 08:25 PM
I think Shade confirmed yesterday that the trailer was rendered with the in-game engine.

yeah he did say that

Assassin_M
03-06-2012, 08:26 PM
Shade, Esco, and IGN

D.I.D.
03-06-2012, 08:28 PM
I didn't say it wasn't the game engine.

playassassins1
03-06-2012, 08:29 PM
Well, if we wait until E3 we can get legit confirmation on the new Engine.

And its not really a confirmation, but at the IGN Livestream they did, they said that its rendered with AnvilNext but not exactly the in-game graphics.

D.I.D.
03-06-2012, 08:35 PM
Well, if we wait until E3 we can get legit confirmation on the new Engine.

And its not really a confirmation, but at the IGN Livestream they did, they said that its rendered with AnvilNext but not exactly the in-game graphics.

Exactly.

You can see that it's the game engine, notably in the close up assassinations. The polygonal shapes around the lapels and the textures show you that, but a bunch of other stuff has been added.

They're showing you bloom from the sunlight, and you'll see that. There's swirling powder over the snow, and you'll get that too. It just won't look quite like this.

C112408E
03-06-2012, 08:40 PM
I don't think we're going to see the game engine looking like that. Lots of games boast that they're using the game engine in trailers, when what they really mean is that it's the game engine pre-rendered with loads of artistic touches added in post processing. It will look something like that, and it's going to be beautiful, but the trailer is a representation only.

Exactly what I figured.

pacmanate
03-06-2012, 08:43 PM
Well, we saw the trailer and I had my doubts about it being full blown CGI or not..

Shade, Esco, and IGN

I don't get the point of this thread if you know that it was in game rendered?

Assassin_M
03-06-2012, 08:46 PM
I don't get the point of this thread if you know that it was in game rendered?
What do you think might this engine be capable of other than what we`ve seen ?
Nice try though..

Grazel69
03-06-2012, 09:41 PM
it's an in engine trailer not an ingame trailer
nothing of what you saw was gameplay I thought that was obvious to every one...
the engine just rendered it that's all

pacmanate
03-06-2012, 09:43 PM
I still love you. Well I just read an article saying that they want this to game to look Next Gen on current gen consoles

[QUOTE=Assassin_M;8173665]What do you think might this engine be capable of other than what we`ve seen ?
Nice try though..

D.I.D.
03-06-2012, 09:49 PM
I still love you. Well I just read an article saying that they want this to game to look Next Gen on current gen consoles

It's going to be amazing, better than anything we've seen in AC before, but within the potential of DX9. It's not going to look like the Unreal 4 engine demo.

rileypoole1234
03-06-2012, 10:00 PM
I think it looks amazing, especially compared to the other AC's, which still looked awesome. I hope all the animal animations look good (wildlife). I can't wait to see some in-city gameplay, the atmosphere from one of the pictures looks amazing.

Saar Ben Kiki
03-06-2012, 10:18 PM
knew i had reasons to have some opes up

pirate1802
03-07-2012, 03:25 AM
I took a closer and the polygons and textures started to stand out so I was thinking that this might actually be the In-game engine and I was right..
So... what else might this engine be capable of ?

If that was really rendered with in-game engine then it would be no exaggeration to say AC3 would be one of the most beautiful games I've played.

The13Doctors
03-07-2012, 03:29 AM
Anvil 3.0 will be epic.

They have a whole new art and animation style which I love!

ace3001
03-07-2012, 04:28 AM
The fact is, we mustn't forget that it was probably rendered with the same engine, but on hardware that can probably kill any console and most gaming PCs as well. So, it's no wonder that it looks good.

pirate1802
03-07-2012, 06:33 AM
The fact is, we mustn't forget that it was probably rendered with the same engine, but on hardware that can probably kill any console and most gaming PCs as well. So, it's no wonder that it looks good.

I'm ready for that!

The13Doctors
03-07-2012, 06:38 AM

Uh, I doubt that.

ace3001
03-07-2012, 06:59 AM
Uh, I doubt that.
You're saying that you doubt that game developers use hardware that are at basically the highest end?

The13Doctors
03-07-2012, 07:04 AM
You're saying that you doubt that game developers use hardware that are at basically the highest end?

No, I doubt it wouldn't run on normal hardware.

Actually, now that I think of it, I may have misinterpreted your post.

ace3001
03-07-2012, 07:08 AM
No, I doubt it wouldn't run on normal hardware.

Actually, now that I think of it, I may have misinterpreted your post.Of course it would run, otherwise they won't be making it for current consoles, obviously. But what I mean is, to achieve the quality of that trailer, we'd need better hardware. Because even with their powerful hardware, these CGI videos are not rendered in realtime, anyway. So, while the engine will run, and the game would look great, it wouldn't have the level of sharpness that the trailer has when viewed at the highest resolution.

The13Doctors
03-07-2012, 07:20 AM
Of course it would run, otherwise they won't be making it for current consoles, obviously. But what I mean is, to achieve the quality of that trailer, we'd need better hardware. Because even with their powerful hardware, these CGI videos are not rendered in realtime, anyway. So, while the engine will run, and the game would look great, it wouldn't have the level of sharpness that the trailer has when viewed at the highest resolution.

That is what I doubt. I'm quite sure that we can play that quality fine with the current hardware.

Actually, I'm seeing it from the PC standpoint. I forget that the PS3 and Xbox Hardware is quite inferior, so yeah, you are probably right.

ace3001
03-07-2012, 08:05 AM
That is what I doubt. I'm quite sure that we can play that quality fine with the current hardware.

Actually, I'm seeing it from the PC standpoint. I forget that the PS3 and Xbox Hardware is quite inferior, so yeah, you are probably right.
Even a current PC can't run it with that level of AA. There isn't a single jagged edge in sight. These videos are usually rendered originally at uber large resolutions and scaled down. Which is why I say it's not possible.

Assassin_M
03-07-2012, 08:09 AM
Even a current PC can't run it with that level of AA. There isn't a single jagged edge in sight. These videos are usually rendered originally at uber large resolutions and scaled down. Which is why I say it's not possible.
Take a closer look, the Polygonal shapes are really standing out..

The13Doctors
03-07-2012, 08:11 AM

Yeah, although I like that style.

ace3001
03-07-2012, 08:13 AM
Take a closer look, the Polygonal shapes are really standing out..I meant no jagged edges.

Assassin_M
03-07-2012, 08:14 AM
I meant no jagged edges.
Thats probably because its pre-rendered..

pirate1802
03-07-2012, 08:17 AM

That's what I thought too.

ace3001
03-07-2012, 08:25 AM
Thats probably because its pre-rendered..
Yup, that's the thing. Which is why that level is not achievable in-game. The characters and objects can look exactly the same. But it'll have a few jagged edges, or would be a little blurry.

Assassin_M
03-07-2012, 08:29 AM
Yup, that's the thing. Which is why that level is not achievable in-game. The characters and objects can look exactly the same. But it'll have a few jagged edges, or would be a little blurry.
Yes exactly my point..
That this is the kind of graphics that we can expect to see come October, but due to console limitations, there`ll be the jagged edges and occasional blurriness..

The13Doctors
03-07-2012, 08:33 AM
I meant no jagged edges.

When has it had them?

ace3001
03-07-2012, 08:36 AM
When has it had them?All games have a certain level of jagginess and/or blurriness.

Moultonborough
03-07-2012, 08:45 AM
That's true. I'm sure they all will at some point during it.

pacmanate
03-07-2012, 11:21 PM
They're gonna have a lot to live up too when they said they want to make it look next gen on the current gen consoles!