PDA

View Full Version : Connor... What the Hell, man? Perhaps we'll be killing both sides.

EnXess
03-06-2012, 07:37 PM
I'm liking this guy already, Colonists kill his entire tribe so vows to fight tyranny!

However, his idea of fighting tyranny is joining and fighting for the people who killed his entire tribe, good going there Son.

This seems stupid at first but think about it, the GI cover had his coattails as red and his coat as blue. Perhaps that was a foreshadowing that he'll be on both sides or neither side. If you have seen the trailer you know his coattails are blue but perhaps we get a nice little change and become a double-agent (a bit like the system of wearing capes in ACII). I can see after the Colonists win the war Connor will turn against them or realise they were all Templars the whole time.

I dunno, I just don't think Ubi would make a storyline as simplistic as what it appears to be now.

UrDeviant1
03-06-2012, 07:40 PM
I think the Americans were also fighting for freedom against the British, meaning they shared a common goal. He's using the Americans In a sense.

ShaneO7K
03-06-2012, 07:44 PM
Connor hasn't really sided with anyone but the assassin's at this point as far as we know. Niether the Colonists or the British will be the opposing side of Connor.

freddie_1897
03-06-2012, 07:46 PM
Connor hasn't really sided with anyone but the assassin's at this point as far as we know. Niether the Colonists or the British will be the opposing side of Connor.
hasn't really sided with anyone? really? all he did in the trailer was kill british soldiers, that seems pretty one sided to me

ShaneO7K
03-06-2012, 07:47 PM
hasn't really sided with anyone? really? all he did in the trailer was kill british soldiers, that seems pretty one sided to me
Yes but it has already been said that niether side is the enemy, which I would assume means both sides have their fair share of Templars for Connor to target.

brick177
03-06-2012, 07:48 PM
Dude, it said in the GI article that Templars are on both sides. Just because a group of colonists destroy his tribe doesn't mean all colonists are bad. When has either side been all good or all bad in AC before?

notafanboy
03-06-2012, 07:51 PM

all Ezio ever did was klling other italians for most of his life, so it shouldnīt even matter. Also, some of "you" need to calm your tits, why do some of you care so much about something that happened over 200 years ago ? were you in that war ? i donīt get it.

FilipinoNinja67
03-06-2012, 07:51 PM
Oh my gawsh, he killed 5 people that whole trailer. As stated above, he is a native american and no doubt will hold some resent towards those that harmed him but you cant blame everyone for something that a couple of people did.

freddie_1897
03-06-2012, 07:56 PM
i think this new assassin is smarter than ezio ...
AC2: you killed my family, ill kill loads more people including guards who were just doing there jobs to avenge you
ACB: you killed my uncle, ill kill loads more people including guards who were just doing there job to avenge you
ACR: you didn't kill any of my family, ill kill loads more people including guards who were just doing there job, i'll also push citizens into starting a riot just to gain access into an area i could have climbed into, I'm also gonna set a city inn fire to make it easier to make an escape just to stop you from getting keys to a door i could have mined round anyway.
AC3: you killed everyone i know ............

FilipinoNinja67
03-06-2012, 07:59 PM
Well those guards deserved it! I cant think of anyone that does their job right, thagts just unheard of...

brick177
03-06-2012, 08:05 PM
Well those guards deserved it! I cant think of anyone that does their job right, thagts just unheard of...

lol Guards always deserve it, I don't care who they work for. Have you ever seen a guard that you didn't want to take out? I know I haven't.

UrDeviant1
03-06-2012, 08:07 PM
Guards always deserve it, I don't care who they work for. Have you ever seen a guard that you didn't want to take out?

The ones who drop their weapons and scream for mercy I kinda feel sorry for. I STILL KILL THEM! muahahah

pirate1802
03-06-2012, 08:18 PM
some of "you" need to calm your tits

I lol'd at this. XD

The ones who drop their weapons and scream for mercy I kinda feel sorry for. I STILL KILL THEM! muahahah

I kill then just when they think they've gotten away xDDD

EnXess
03-06-2012, 08:19 PM
all Ezio ever did was klling other italians for most of his life, so it shouldnīt even matter. Also, some of "you" need to calm your tits, why do some of you care so much about something that happened over 200 years ago ? were you in that war ? i donīt get it.
Nobody does. I don't get how some people can be so thick. In all other Assassins Creed games you killed everyone.You only killed Italians because it was set in Italy. Do you get it yet? In this game so far all we see is killing one side and that's not what Assassins do. It's not because we care about the war.

ShaneO7K
03-06-2012, 08:22 PM
Nobody does. I don't get how some people can be so thick. In all other Assassins Creed games you killed everyone.You only killed Italians because it was set in Italy. Do you get it yet? In this game so far all we see is killing one side and that's not what Assassins do. It's not because we care about the war.
We kill members of both sides...

notafanboy
03-06-2012, 08:28 PM

do you know that we wonīt be killing any colonists ?. If you do i hope you donīt mind sharing that time machine of yours

EnXess
03-06-2012, 08:29 PM
We kill members of both sides...
I would hope so too and as I've said I think that's the case, everyone is upset because they don't think this, not because killing the British is suddenly wrong. However we've seen no Colonists being killed yet, the cover and the trailer has just been killing redcoats, hence people's concern.

pirate1802
03-06-2012, 08:30 PM

Ehh We've seen just one trailer mate. As someone pointed out, AC1's trailer and promo art showed Altair killing a crusader, did that mean he only killed crusaders in the game?

pirate1802
03-06-2012, 08:32 PM
getting keys to a door i could have mined round anyway..
Because Ezio had access to a bucket wheel excavator.

UrDeviant1
03-06-2012, 08:33 PM
I'm going to kill everything that moves.

BRANDONxPRODIGY
03-06-2012, 08:40 PM
The Borgia family was Spanish, and the guards were corrupt.

albertwesker22
03-06-2012, 09:08 PM
The Borgia family was Spanish, and the guards were corrupt.

They were Spanish in Origin only. Cesare was Roman(Italian)

EnXess
03-06-2012, 09:09 PM
do you know that we wonīt be killing any colonists ?. If you do i hope you donīt mind sharing that time machine of yours

Ehh We've seen just one trailer mate. As someone pointed out, AC1's trailer and promo art showed Altair killing a crusader, did that mean he only killed crusaders in the game?
I suggest you two actually read my posts, cheers.

FilipinoNinja67
03-06-2012, 09:12 PM
I suggest you re-read theirs, cheers.

EnXess
03-06-2012, 09:15 PM
I suggest you re-read theirs, cheers.
Why? I'd already pointed out I believed we kill both sides but I understand other's concerns. What. suddenly understanding both sides of the coin means you believe in neither? Someone already posted what they said and I said I assume we'll be killing both. Perhaps aside from these two you should perhaps read the whole thread.

Rycay
03-06-2012, 09:22 PM
Why? I'd already pointed out I believed we kill both sides but I understand other's concerns. What. suddenly understanding both sides of the coin means you believe in neither? Someone already posted what they said and I said I assume we'll be killing both. Perhaps aside from these two you should perhaps read the whole thread.

I think I've stated the same thing in other threads. I mean, just because we've only seen British soliders being killed doesn't mean we won't have to go for Colonists. I don't believe that Ubisoft would only make us kill Redcoats. Like they've stated, there are Templars on both sides.

FilipinoNinja67
03-06-2012, 09:24 PM

I guess i should go back and re-read your posts because i think i missed some XD. Sorry lol

rileypoole1234
03-06-2012, 09:29 PM
We killed both sides in Constantinople, so we'll most definitely be killing British Regulars and Continental soldiers.

pirate1802
03-07-2012, 03:17 AM
I suggest you two actually read my posts, cheers.

I'm sorry I was addressing to those who are concerned. XD

JumpInTheFire13
03-07-2012, 03:22 AM
Dude, it said in the GI article that Templars are on both sides. Just because a group of colonists destroy his tribe doesn't mean all colonists are bad. When has either side been all good or all bad in AC before?
Exactly.

People always try to figure everything out about a game before they even play it. The game's over 7 months away, settle down people.

Jexx21
03-07-2012, 04:44 AM
Connor isn't out for revenge. He just is on the line of fighting for freedom and justice.

Connor also pretty much cuts ties to his Native American culture (what little ties he has) after his camp is obliterated. The GI article describes him as culture-less, and that we'll be able to walk the line between the Native and European cultures.

If Charles Lee is Connor's father, it's possible that his father abused him, since Charles Lee was holding Connor up by his throat as a child. Not to mention the actual Mohawk tribe probably shunned him in a way (along with his mother) for being half-Native and half-European.

So he may not have any actual ties to any actual side until he determines he wants to fight for freedom and justice and joins the Assassins. With that he becomes friends with General Washington.

LightRey
03-07-2012, 10:13 AM
They were Spanish in Origin only. Cesare was Roman(Italian)

They still had plenty of family in Spain though. That's why Cesare fled there in the first place. He was fighting for his uncle in Viana when Ezio killed him.

archie7272
03-07-2012, 11:09 AM
They still had plenty of family in Spain though. That's why Cesare fled there in the first place. He was fighting for his uncle in Viana when Ezio killed him.
I thought it was his brother in-law.

LightRey
03-07-2012, 11:36 AM
I thought it was his brother in-law.

Pretty sure it was his uncle. *checks*

Ah, you're right. It's his brother-in-law.

eagleforlife1
03-07-2012, 12:05 PM
If Charles Lee is Connor's father, it's possible that his father abused him, since Charles Lee was holding Connor up by his throat as a child. Not to mention the actual Mohawk tribe probably .

Excuse my ignorance but where has it been confirmed that the guy holding what is presumably Connor up by his throat is Charles Lee? He looks far too old to be Charles Lee (who was only 50 when he died). The man in the picture looks about 50 already and nothing like the in-game character model that we have seen of Lee already.

OculusRed
03-07-2012, 12:51 PM
I'm fairly sure it was confirmed that the conflict is loosely split over the revolution's lines, with the colonists being largely supportive of the Assassin's goals and the British having the majority of the Templars. It isn't a clean cut though, there are still not so nice revolutionaries and good british people.

It's worth noting that the distinction between the patriots and loyalists is largely a historical invention. At the time the colonists viewed themselves british until a rather late point. Most of the immigrants at the time were british. So when you say that colonists killed his family, you should be aware that Connor could blame both sides of the conflict if he was so inclined.

frogger504
03-07-2012, 12:56 PM
Excuse my ignorance but where has it been confirmed that the guy holding what is presumably Connor up by his throat is Charles Lee? He looks far too old to be Charles Lee (who was only 50 when he died). The man in the picture looks about 50 already and nothing like the in-game character model that we have seen of Lee already.

He was known to never cut his hair, in the older version, if you put both pictures side by side you notice that he has the same facial structure and hair style.

This is obviously at least a decade before the main part of the game.
Also, the clothing.

Bilbo_of_BagEnd
03-07-2012, 01:01 PM
I think Connor will be using the Americans to help to take out the threat of the British then i think he will then seek revenge for the injustice that has been done to him. This way they have enough material to flush out a real deep story but also one that will keep you interested.

LightRey
03-07-2012, 01:01 PM
I think Connor will be using the Americans to help to take out the threat of the British then i think he will then seek revenge for the injustice that has been done to him. This way they have enough material to flush out a real deep story but also one that will keep you interested.

He's not the revenge type.

Bilbo_of_BagEnd
03-07-2012, 01:02 PM
He's not the revenge type.I would like to think that to what happened to his family he would want some redemption.

Calvarok
03-07-2012, 01:07 PM
I would like to think that to what happened to his family he would want some redemption.
If you use the word "redemption", it implies that he has to redeem himself. He doesn't need to. He didn't do anything wrong. He sounds like the type of person who doesn't see much point in revenge with no goal. Who knows. Maybe the Assassins take care of the colonists for him, or maybe he just has to accept that some white settlers are ****s, and focus on the more important enemies.

Bilbo_of_BagEnd
03-07-2012, 01:14 PM
If you use the word "redemption", it implies that he has to redeem himself. He doesn't need to. He didn't do anything wrong. He sounds like the type of person who doesn't see much point in revenge with no goal. Who knows. Maybe the Assassins take care of the colonists for him, or maybe he just has to accept that some white settlers are ****s, and focus on the more important enemies.Good point or maybe he is out for revenge but his calling as a Assassin changes his view.

brick177
03-07-2012, 03:26 PM
They already said he wouldn't be motivated by revenge like Ezio was.

He'll probably be more of a Batman character. Something terrible happened to him, but instead of seeking revenge he seeks to make sure no one else suffers the same injustice he did. He recognizes that the colonists that destroyed his village don't represent all colonists, and that people on all sides are suffering different injustices.

LightRey
03-07-2012, 03:47 PM

He'll probably be more of a Batman character. Something terrible happened to him, but instead of seeking revenge he seeks to make sure no one else suffers the same injustice he did. He recognizes that the colonists that destroyed his village don't represent all colonists, and that people on all sides are suffering different injustices.

Exactly. They explicitly stated that Connor would be motivated by a sense of justice, not revenge.

ChaosxNetwork
03-07-2012, 08:26 PM

Thank God someone who put it into decent words!

Dieinthedark
03-07-2012, 10:35 PM
I'm confused on if/how there will be established Assassin's in America. Or is ubi saying he won't be an Assassin but just an assassin? Surely not but I kinda wonder...