PDA

View Full Version : GameFaq ACIII info (alot of info)

NarQc
03-06-2012, 05:12 PM
Want it to be a jumping on point for new players without losing touch with what longtime fans cherish most.
-New hero called Connor/Ratohnhake:ton (pronounced Ra-doon-ha-gay-doo). He has an English father and Native American mother.
-More details about the protagonist/scenarios: You will experience Conner's childhood on the American frontier as he is raised by the Mohawk. The Mohawk eventually clash with white colonists who burn their village down, causing Connor to dedicate his life to confront tyranny and injustice.
-A new traversal approach that has players leaping and climbing trees and mountain cliffs.
-Uses a new version of the Anvil engine that can "depict thousands of troops engaged in bloody battle" along with highly detailed face close-ups. They later imply that if they used version numbers, they would be like going from Anvil 1.0 -> Anvil 2.0 or something of that nature.
-Judging by the images, the faces really are quite good.
-Combat is focused on putting you on the offensive and based on speed/momentum.
-The main character has thousands of new and unique animations (no carry over from other titles) to support the new combat system.
-Character details:
-George Washington: Interacting with Washington is one of the core relationships of the game.
-Benjamin Franklin: He's not a convenient inventor a la Da Vinci.
-Charles Lee: His role is a mystery.
-The game is set between the years 1753-1783 and is centered around the cities of Boston and New York.
-"It's not just going to a historical building now; it's going to a historical event."
-Event examples: "You will see the great fire of New York. You will visit Valley Forge as a location that is currently occupied by Washington's forces. You will visit these places in the moment that they were important, and hopefully, experience the reason why we know where they are today. That's the goal."
-Connor is in the heart of major battles, and they can now have a couple thousand guys on screen, whereas before it was capped at about 100.
-The overall story is still centered around the Assassins versus the Templars and Connor's journey.
-Not all the Colonists will be cast as good people, and not all the British will be cast as evil oppressors. They're trying to focus on how both the Assassins and Templars viewpoints exist in a gray morality as the Templars really believe they're saving the world.
-The French and Native Americans will also feature in the game, as was probably really obvious.
-The modern day stuff relates to that location in New York at the end of Revelations.
-There will be all sorts of wilderness in the game referred to as the Frontier.
-The map of the Frontier is 1.5 times bigger than the entire map of Brotherhood.
-The Frontier is not empty like in Assassin's Creed 1, but features a third of the game's missions and gameplay content.
-The Frontier also includes colonial settlements like Lexington and Concord and Connor's Mohawk village.
-You can hunt animals for resources, and how you kill them effects your reward. A one hit kill on a bear gets you a much more valuable pelt than stabbing it eight times.
-The wilderness traversal plays a big part in the gameplay in the Frontier, allowing you to use trees, cliffs, ledges, and more to set up kills and combat.
-Connor does have a hidden blade.
-The world changes as time passes, so a field where a battle happened in one year may just be a series of empty encampments a few months later.
-The entire world will change with seasons, so the cities and the wilderness will all exist in both Summer and Winter settings.
-In the winter, soldiers will move slowly and stumble about in the snow, and lakes and rivers will freeze over allowing you new terrain to work with. This gives Connor an extra advantage since he can still use the trees and wilderness pretty effectively during this time of year.
-There are all sorts of clubs and groups who want you to join and give you quests. These are separate from the mission system. These clubs will contact you based on what you do in the game. For example, hunting a lot will get you an invitation to the hunting society.
-There will be a goods based economy, a new property system, and more Desmond stuff.
-There's going to be some new puzzle thing like the first person Tetris.
-There's a new GUI known as Animus 3.0.
-There's a new Animus database written by Shaun Hastings, who makes snarky comments about the British perspective of the war.
-They're not unveiling anything about the multiplayer yet.
-There will be more platforming levels.
-Full synchronization returns, but with major tweaks. Missions have checkpoints, You also get significant rewards for doing these tasks instead of a 100%. "Imagine a leveling system in an RPG, except there's a finite amount of XP to find. The more in-sync you get, the more you fill your sync bar. Within each mission, each activity you complete has a value". You can replay everything to increase your score.
-They imply there is something resembling the Brotherhood system of picking up fellow assassins.
-Aligned groups are gone, but something new is replacing them in regards to factions. They don't say what.
-There's a new notoriety system that is more hidden and doesn't penalize you for exploring risky areas.
-The game has fast travel because the game has more traveling.
-Don't expect more tower defense.
-You can upgrade Connor's gear and costume as the game goes on in an attempt to make it feel more authentic.
-The cities have a lot more subtle detail now in terms of ambient things that happen.
-You can now leap over wagons or slide under obstacles, including navigating over and around moving objects. The free running stuff also has you jumping through windows to trees and then on top of church roofs. Basically, expect the free running stuff, but more fluid and presumably generally closer to the ground.
-Connor enters battle with two weapons. The game uses the same controls in and out of battle.
-The tomahawk and knife are a "constant presence" in battle. They also let you do double counters and multiple takedowns, and you can chain kills.
-There's no more target locking, it just automatically detects your target. Counter/defense are the same buton to prevent turtling.
-You can use human shields and other context sensitive moves.
-They want you to constantly move in battle.
-There are lots of secondary attacks like the one shot pistol on the Y buton.
-There's a new dynamic camera to track the action and make it look as cinematic as possible.
-There is a new sprinting system also, so you can hold the buton to instantly turn around and start fleeing from combat. They also let you kill people while still moving so you can keep chasing a target. They kind of imply you can even leap off of them after you kill them, though I'm not sure if that makes you faster or just doesn't impede your movement.
-They really, really, really want you to constantly move. I mean like they say this every four sentences. Not just in battle, but in every section of the game.
-They also try to keep you more in control of the combat than ever before.
-Game Informer really loves their animation system.
-There are around 2.5 hours of character scenes in the game that are fully acted and recorded. They mean this in Naughty Dog style where they have the actors being mocaped while performing on a set that resembles the scene in the game.
-They're aiming for accuracy by having historical dialog consultants and actual Native American actors.
-This game has the longest development cycle since AC1, and has twice the production capacity (in terms of work hours) and budget of Revelations.
-They want the game to feel like AC3.5, and the game will have its first version complete in just a few more weeks, at which point they're going to spend the rest of their time refining it.
-Coop and Multiplayer mode
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=465195
http://www.xboxgamezone.co.uk/2012/03/06/assassins-creed-iii-to-have-online-co-op-multiplayer-returns/

Evenesque
03-06-2012, 06:17 PM
Coop and Multiplayer mode also confirmed

Woah. Woah. You can't just throw a bombshell like that into a little post at the bottom. Especially when you can just edit the first one, and ESPECIALLY when it's the only bit of not only new news, but freaking MAJOR news.

Also, how do we know it's legitimate?

Grazel69
03-06-2012, 06:28 PM
all of this was know already since couple of days apart from the coop thing that was only since either yesterday or earlier today depending on where you live

Poodle_of_Doom
03-06-2012, 06:35 PM
The only thing I can say is that I'm pretty sure it's affect, not effect.

UrDeviant1
03-06-2012, 06:41 PM
The only thing I can say for sure Is that this was a pain In the arse to read.

ace3001
03-06-2012, 07:12 PM
People, when you post something like this, indicate a SOURCE!

Poodle_of_Doom
03-06-2012, 07:17 PM
Better to link to it.

pirate1802
03-06-2012, 07:23 PM
"The game uses the same controls in and out of battle."
Does that mean we no longer will have high and low profiles?

SleezeRocker
03-06-2012, 07:40 PM

This.

Animus 3.0=Anvil 2 :P

j0kay
03-06-2012, 07:58 PM
The call it AnvilNext. Not sure if it's completely new or just "a bigger update.

smengler
03-07-2012, 01:06 AM
There are many articles with the same thing. Here is one: http://ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com/67047571.html

JumpInTheFire13
03-07-2012, 01:09 AM
The OP shall now be declared "Captain Obvious."

LightRey
03-07-2012, 01:15 AM
The OP shall now be declared "Captain Obvious."

His work here is done!

The13Doctors
03-07-2012, 01:33 AM
This.

Animus 3.0=Anvil 2 :P
Anvil 3.0!

They went to 2.0 with AC2.
It's completely new, you can notice the change in art and animation style.

TheTetraktys
03-07-2012, 04:42 AM
It's news to me. Just found out Assassin's Creed III has been announced. Anyway, some good news! I like the big battles, wilderness, seasons, animal hunting, new property system, etc.

Can't wait for more news and gameplay.

NarQc
03-07-2012, 05:35 AM

its in the title "GameFaq" info ... sorry it's GameInformer info ... http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=465195

NarQc
03-07-2012, 05:40 AM
His work here is done!

wow.. so much hate... you know... not everyone is up to date like you mister

GIONAScm2
03-07-2012, 05:55 AM
Wow thanks a lot for the info! It was interesting to read, and is now moving up on my top 5 most anticipated 2012 games list!

JumpInTheFire13
03-07-2012, 06:11 AM
Not hating man. I don't hate anybody. But everybody on here already knows this (or all of the "regulars" do) and anybody who doesn't know it already could find this information just by reading the threads on the front page.

On a brighter note, welcome to the forums

NarQc
03-07-2012, 06:26 AM
Not hating man. I don't hate anybody. But everybody on here already knows this (or all of the "regulars" do) and anybody who doesn't know it already could find this information just by reading the threads on the front page.

On a brighter note, welcome to the forums

well I know coop is still news to some... it's still a good read though... and btw , I've joined the forums before you... so I guess I'm supposed to say welcome to you.. lol

Poodle_of_Doom
03-07-2012, 06:38 AM
Dear God,

Don't let it be a coop for the main story line....

Yours,
Poodle of Doom

LightRey
03-07-2012, 10:04 AM

Can't take a joke, can you?

ace3001
03-07-2012, 12:39 PM
Dear God,

Don't let it be a coop for the main story line....

Yours,
Poodle of Doom
I hope so too. Knowing Ubi, though, they would probably have an entirely new mode for that, just like the multiplayer.

pacmanate
03-07-2012, 02:02 PM

I hate you! <3

Poodle_of_Doom
03-07-2012, 06:57 PM
I hope so too. Knowing Ubi, though, they would probably have an entirely new mode for that, just like the multiplayer.

I hope not. That would suck.

Mr_Shade
03-07-2012, 07:01 PM
Guys...

If you can't remain civil the thread WILL be locked..

Just a reminder as well, anything not officially confirmed by Ubisoft, should be treated as rumour or misinformation / errors - so don't get too excited about features or news, unless it's backed up by Ubi ;)

NarQc
03-07-2012, 09:40 PM

and I guess you don't get sarcasm... lol

EscoBlades
03-07-2012, 09:49 PM
I believed EscoBlades spoke for Ubisoft...
http://www.xboxgamezone.co.uk/2012/0...layer-returns/ (http://www.xboxgamezone.co.uk/2012/03/06/assassins-creed-iii-to-have-online-co-op-multiplayer-returns/)

Hold up...i didn't speak for Ubisoft. As you can see, they haven't officially confirmed or denied anything.

Mr_Shade
03-07-2012, 09:52 PM
I believed EscoBlades spoke for Ubisoft...
http://www.xboxgamezone.co.uk/2012/0...layer-returns/ (http://www.xboxgamezone.co.uk/2012/03/06/assassins-creed-iii-to-have-online-co-op-multiplayer-returns/)
I'm sorry to say - no he did not...

Only Staff make official comments, and he is not a employee of Ubisoft.

Hold up...i didn't speak for Ubisoft. As you can see, they haven't officially confirmed or denied anything.
indeed.

As much as Ubisoft love you guys, not everything posted by reviewers /news hounds - is official, as you know.. ;)

NarQc
03-07-2012, 09:53 PM

no... I know it's not official... I meant he has insider info

NarQc
03-07-2012, 09:57 PM
anyways , the game is not final yet... Everything is rumors and speculations at this point... everyone should know that ... But hearing this from EscoBlades has alot more meaning than hearing this from Joe Bloe, right?

Mr_Shade
03-07-2012, 09:57 PM
no... I know it's not official... I meant he has insider info
I'm sorry to say, again, that's not correct.

he reported news that was spotted on other websites - as well as snooping ;)

That is not 'insider' info - if he did have insider info - he would be covered by an NDA - and would be in breach of it, posting info on the forums.

So my post stands... any news posted on sites other than official Ubisoft sites, which does not come from Ubisoft staff - is to be considered rumour - until confirmed or denied by a member of staff.

Sorry to drag the thread off topic, but this matter should be cleared up.

Esco - is a well loved member of the community, however not all of his articles come directly from Ubisoft PR.

SlimeDynamiteD
03-07-2012, 10:00 PM
"a well loved member" is slightly exaggerated...
I'm kidding, I love you bro. xD

Mr_Shade
03-07-2012, 10:02 PM
"a well loved member" is slightly exaggerated...
I'm kidding, I love you bro. xD
Well I like him.. he buys me cakes :P

Anywhoooo back on topic ;)

SlimeDynamiteD
03-07-2012, 10:03 PM

Awesomesauce!
Sorry.

NarQc
03-07-2012, 10:18 PM

Anywhoooo back on topic ;)

I guess you can close this thread... thread useless

SlimeDynamiteD
03-07-2012, 10:20 PM
I wouldn't say useless... I mean, we had a nice conversation didn't we?

LightRey
03-07-2012, 10:20 PM
and I guess you don't get sarcasm... lol

So you actually meant there was actually very little hate and/or everyone is completely up to date?

Mr_Shade
03-07-2012, 10:21 PM
I guess you can close this thread... thread useless
The confirmed information is useful for others though, so you should not write a thread off, just because some info is wrong - just edit the post and removed the 'confirmed' from the co-op mode?

NarQc
03-07-2012, 10:39 PM
So you actually meant there was actually very little hate and/or everyone is completely up to date?
again, so I guess you don't get sarcasm...

LightRey
03-07-2012, 10:42 PM
again, so I guess you don't get sarcasm...

I'm not sure you do actually. Please elaborate.

SlimeDynamiteD
03-07-2012, 10:45 PM
Sarcasm should be distinguished from mere verbal abuse in that it is an art form: it aims not just to cause offence, but to cause offence in a beautiful way. It's the verbal martial art, or from another perspective, the art of verbal self-defence. It exists as much for the joy of self-expression as for the punishment of a victim.

:D

LightRey
03-07-2012, 10:46 PM
Sarcasm should be distinguished from mere verbal abuse in that it is an art form: it aims not just to cause offence, but to cause offence in a beautiful way. It's the verbal martial art, or from another perspective, the art of verbal self-defence. It exists as much for the joy of self-expression as for the punishment of a victim.

:D

I was actually asking him to elaborate on in what way I am not getting sarcasm.

Mr_Shade
03-07-2012, 10:46 PM
If this thread is going to be a mud slinging match - it may as well be closed.

If you have further messages for each other - I suggest you go to private messages - remembering that those too are covered by the forum rules.