PDA

View Full Version : Ben Franklin

D.I.D.
03-06-2012, 03:41 PM
As the GI article said, Franklin is not going to be used as a Leonardo stand-in for ACIII.

You might find the first chunk of this post interesting for what it says about his persuasive abilities (and maybe the rest too, if you're into sociology and psychology):

http://youarenotsosmart.com/2011/10/05/the-benjamin-franklin-effect/#more-1459

The13Doctors
03-06-2012, 03:50 PM
I think he will still be an Ally and inventor for the Assassins, just not like Leonardo. All they said was that he isn't to be a carbon copy of Leo. We now know that Conner's best relationship, ally wise anyways, will be with George Washington. I believe Ben will play a similar role to Bartolomeo, he was a close ally of great use to the Assassins. Charles will likely lead a relationship like Machiavelli with Ezio. Washington being buddy buddy like Leonardo.

brick177
03-06-2012, 03:52 PM
He was a member of The Hellfire Club in England and his house in England was recently excavated and they found 1200 human bones in the basement. He was a member of the Illuminati and I'm sure has some dark secrets.

D.I.D.
03-06-2012, 03:55 PM
He was a member of The Hellfire Club in England and his house in England was recently excavated and they found 1200 human bones in the basement. He was a member of the Illuminati and I'm sure has some dark secrets.

You mean the Bavarian Illuminati? I thought they weren't founded until the 1770s?

brick177
03-06-2012, 04:01 PM
You mean the Bavarian Illuminati? I thought they weren't founded until the 1770s?

Yes, and this game covers 1753 - 1783.

Bavarian Illuminati was founded May 1, 1776.

brick177
03-06-2012, 04:04 PM
Also, considering one of the modern descendant organizations of the Bavarian Illuminati is the Ordo Templi Orientis, or the Order of Templars of the East, we have a good tie in with the story.

DavisP92
03-06-2012, 04:14 PM
i wonder if we will get some type of electrical device in AC3

D.I.D.
03-06-2012, 04:14 PM
Yes, and this game covers 1753 - 1783.

Bavarian Illuminati was founded May 1, 1776.

But do you have a source for him being in the Bavarian Illuminati? There are plenty of famous figures who were known members. I've heard various ideas about other famous figures being involved, but a lot of claims seem to rise from later fiction.

D.I.D.
03-06-2012, 04:15 PM
Also, considering one of the modern descendant organizations of the Bavarian Illuminati is the Ordo Templi Orientis, or the Order of Templars of the East, we have a good tie in with the story.

Yeah that's a nice one. They used that already with the Crowley-related PL file (my favourite of the bunch). It's the same one that tells you that in the fiction, you don't need a machine to relive ancestors' lives.

Goxxi
03-06-2012, 04:28 PM
It doesn't matter when the Bavarian Illuminati have been founded , actually all that secret organisations and societies like Illuminati, Free-masons, Opus Dei ....etc are having the roots since the old Babylon and maybe they were changing the names or some marks but their purpose and goals have stayed the same untill today.

This is very about Ben Franklin ; )

I heard some rummors that he will be a Master Assassin and he will have a similar role like Niccolo Machiaveli in AC2 and Brotherhood.

LightRey
03-06-2012, 04:30 PM
It doesn't matter when the Bavarian Illuminati have been founded , actually all that secret organisations and societies like Illuminati, Free-masons, Opus Dei ....etc are having the roots since the old Babylon and maybe they were changing the names or some marks but their purpose and goals have stayed the same untill today.

I heard some rummors that he will be a Master Assassin and he will have a similar role like Niccolo Machiaveli in AC2 and Brotherhood.

lolwut?

D.I.D.
03-06-2012, 04:32 PM

Well yes, that's the beauty of the AC fiction - they can change anything they want to, because the game's world isn't the one we know. I liked the way they got that in early in AC1 when Desmond remarked on a historical discrepancy, and Vidic tells him that some things have been buried with deliberate tampering.

GeneralTrumbo
03-06-2012, 04:34 PM
Templars = Free Masons = Illuminati. They are all the same. The just have different titles.

Goxxi
03-06-2012, 04:55 PM
The historical accuracy is very important in this game and they don't distort or re-writting the history then they just refill the holes in offical history by Assassin's Creed universe and that's the point of entire Assassin's Creed series.

LightRey
03-06-2012, 04:59 PM
The historical accuracy is very important in this game and they don't distort or re-writting the history then they just refill the holes in offical history by Assassin's Creed universe and that's the point of entire Assassin's Creed series.

Well sometimes they do distort it a little bit, but that's on rare occasions.

eagleforlife1
03-06-2012, 05:19 PM
But do you have a source for him being in the Bavarian Illuminati? There are plenty of famous figures who were known members. I've heard various ideas about other famous figures being involved, but a lot of claims seem to rise from later fiction.

http://www.infowars.com/articles/occult/hellfire.htm

D.I.D.
03-06-2012, 05:20 PM
http://www.infowars.com/articles/occult/hellfire.htm

Alex Jones, invalid

I_Love_AC
03-06-2012, 05:21 PM
I only have ONE wish for the game-REMOVE DESMOND MOTHER ****ING ***** *** ****** ****** **** MILES

LightRey
03-06-2012, 05:23 PM
I only have ONE wish for the game-REMOVE DESMOND MOTHER ****ING ***** *** ****** ****** **** MILES
http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2010/12/1/11f366a9-a400-4d22-87b1-60f250577141.jpg

zerocooll21
03-06-2012, 06:28 PM
http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2010/12/1/11f366a9-a400-4d22-87b1-60f250577141.jpg

HA!

Thanks for the article OP, nice read.