PDA

View Full Version : Connor's tomahawk...

ace3001
03-06-2012, 03:18 PM
Anyone who noticed that the blade of Connor's tomahawk is shaped like the Assassin logo? I was wondering how practical it is to actually use an axe with a blade that is hollowed out in the middle. Would that have any affect on the strength and durability of the blade in reality?

brick177
03-06-2012, 03:20 PM
It would make it lighter and easier to throw. No effect on the strength or durability. It was done often.

Edit: Wasn't done with stone tomahawks but it was with metal tomahawks and axes.

reddragonhrcro
03-06-2012, 03:20 PM
Tomahawks in general are small and made to have less weight as they are mostly used as a throwing weapon.

ProletariatPleb
03-06-2012, 03:27 PM
I liked that design....we can now have kills with good fresh air xD

Ontopic:
In real-life it would have an effect on the durability, but truth be told, it's a game, best not to bring that factor into the game, the design is just for symbolism.

Grazel69
03-06-2012, 03:45 PM
lol you just now found that out? xD
also as long as the material itself is a good material there is no problem with the hollowing out it even makes it lighter and easier to use

reddragonhrcro
03-06-2012, 03:47 PM
also as long as the material itself is a good material there is no problem with the hollowing out it even makes it lighter and easier to use

And the construction itself aswell.

ace3001
03-06-2012, 04:07 PM
also as long as the material itself is a good material there is no problem with the hollowing out it even makes it lighter and easier to useNo, I saw that from the first images themselves. But only now the durability factor occured to me. But if what these guys who actually know about these (unlike me) say is right, it's even better this way. :D

LightRey
03-06-2012, 04:10 PM
Just wondering, how common is it for a tomahawk to be hollowed out like that?