PDA

View Full Version : Low activity

deadly_thought
03-06-2012, 10:48 AM
its all ive been seeing for days now except for a brief 2hr period a day and its across all modes we might actually get a couple of patches but not before the larger portion of players quits playing by the look of it and thats a shame this game couldve been huge if theyd have done it right

as it is im fairly sure theres more people playing brotherhood than revelations its alot easier to find games in ACB being my line of thinking i guess being released around some of the biggest SP/MP launches in gaming history didnt help but the only reason its even a problem is because those other games just arnt as broken of frustrating

BF3 is probably the most imbalanced shooter ive come across but ill be ****ed if it isnt great fun and low on glitches i dont get the urge to yell at my television while playing it and thats only one example

this game could have been beyond epic it couldve changed the face of MP gaming for a long time to come instead it became an excercise in profit taking rather than an interactive entertainment experience what we have as a result is a game that consumers are saying isnt worth playing anymore

fanbois want proof? it comes in the form of two words LOW ACTIVITY

weeklydose
03-06-2012, 11:07 AM
its all ive been seeing for days now except for a brief 2hr period a day and its across all modes

Have you checked your NAT settings? Going from green to orange will quickly turn High Activity to Medium and Medium to Low Activity.

deadly_thought
03-06-2012, 11:53 AM
i have green nat

PANiC_ATTACKER
03-06-2012, 12:54 PM
its nothing to do with NAT ! mines green too! and its LOW activity most of the time!. and even better! when I did come across high activity this week! i couldnt actual get a game!! WTH!!.

Call of duty 4 was released in 2007 if i remember correctly! to this day i can get straight into a game any time of day without issue!!! 5yr old game! No ISSUE , 4 mth old game!! cant get a game!.

I blame the DLC splitting player base, bad matchmaking software, kicking player into Deathmatch all the time and introduction of DEATHMATCH! for killing off Assassinate acitivity, not to mention the MP game is Riddled with bugs and glitches which they still have not and doubt ever will fix!.
Roll on Hitman multiplayer!.

Dotn know about anyone else but AC3 will be pre-owned purchase for me and i wont be buying any MAP DLC!, i dont mind paying for personas etc, but paid for maps kills MP

Funny how they release AC3 hype so early! wonder if this is to distract people from the issues with the 4 mth old game people have paid 50 for that is broken!

cjdavies
03-06-2012, 03:00 PM
I went on last night 7pm UK time it was Medium activity and at 10pm it was High activity, depends on the times I guess.

Xxkmada300Xx
03-06-2012, 05:28 PM
when im playing i always have a green nat and i never found a session in the new maps.

Squiiddish
03-06-2012, 05:50 PM
If you bought the new maps, you were duped.

As to the actual topic, I have been seeing Medium Activity as the new norm across both FFA and Team gametypes, with it dipping into High and Low activity occasionally. People are quitting, there's no doubt about it.

PANiC_ATTACKER
03-06-2012, 05:53 PM
when im playing i always have a green nat and i never found a session in the new maps.

me neither! arent you glad you wasted 8 on something you cant use?!

Sephrick
03-06-2012, 06:12 PM
Being from the EST time zone in the US, I've noticed that being able to get matches is heavily based on European prime time.

Usually, things will begin to decline around 8p.m. My time until around 10p.m. When I can barely get any matches. When I do, they're usually laggy to the point that they're not worth playing.

This was my main reason for not buying the map pack. I'm not spending another $10 to be frustrated by matchmaking.

lRushdown
03-06-2012, 06:14 PM
I'm seeing medium to high when I'm on. Used to always be high until the map pack. Seems like there's roughly the same number of people it's just that the playerbase is split.

Carbiner
03-06-2012, 08:26 PM
Medium on FFA/Team 90% of the time, occasionally high for a few hours on weekends. Low at like 2 AM EST or so.

Sephrick
03-06-2012, 11:17 PM
Another thing that really bums me out about the matchmaking is the rampant depopulation of less popular game modes, which ends up funneling everyone into the same few modes.

I haven't been able to get into Steal the Artifact since December.

I think the various modes would be better populated if we weren't being forced into Deathmatch, Wanted or Artifact Assault.

ABXantos
03-06-2012, 11:53 PM
I'm on High Activity across all Modes (cept Simple Deathmatch and DLC 2) and I'm on PS3. :|

Carbiner
03-07-2012, 05:17 AM
Another thing that really bums me out about the matchmaking is the rampant depopulation of less popular game modes, which ends up funneling everyone into the same few modes.

I haven't been able to get into Steal the Artifact since December.

I think the various modes would be better populated if we weren't being forced into Deathmatch, Wanted or Artifact Assault.

First: Steal the Artifact is God awful. Second: If you can't get a match during the week try the weekends.

XxXZero0oXxX
03-07-2012, 05:44 AM
I'm usually on at night, around 8pm EST and it almost always says medium for me, too. Even when I was on this weekend during the day it said medium. It's kinda sad, really.

trikky d
03-07-2012, 06:06 AM
It all depends when you're online.

Deadly is often online at the same time as me. When all you americans are tucked up in your beds, and the UK folk are just waking up. There is indeed LOW ACTIVITY.

The last couple of nights I've had low activity in both team and ffa modes.

indulgence82
03-07-2012, 06:11 AM
Being from the EST time zone in the US, I've noticed that being able to get matches is heavily based on European prime time.

Usually, things will begin to decline around 8p.m. My time until around 10p.m. When I can barely get any matches. When I do, they're usually laggy to the point that they're not worth playing.

This was my main reason for not buying the map pack. I'm not spending another $10 to be frustrated by matchmaking.

Actually to the contrary. In brotherhood they used to have a map (based on clans) stating where they had the most population. US had the most. second was Australia. Europe was a fairly distant third.