PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed 3 co-op mode revealed!

JamieSI
03-06-2012, 10:21 AM
http://www.strategyinformer.com/news/16923/assassins-creed-3-features-online-co-operative-modes

Woot!

playassassins1
03-06-2012, 10:33 AM
So is this gonna be splitscreen or online co-op?

WhiteSheWolf
03-06-2012, 10:39 AM
Pretty much all of the news articles are saying online co-op. I really wish local co-op would be included in more big name games though...my current best friend and I became best friends through playing Resident Evil 5 together. Local co-op is underrated.

EscoBlades
03-06-2012, 10:42 AM
Nothing has been confirmed. I've reported it as exactly that (http://www.xboxgamezone.co.uk/2012/03/06/assassins-creed-iii-to-have-online-co-op-multiplayer-returns/). Either way, it looks like Online co-op. No details on if it will be a dedicated co-op mode with seperate missions, or campaign co-op.

True_Assassin92
03-06-2012, 10:50 AM
If there is Co-op I sure do hope that it's offline! It would be way better imo.

GeneralTrumbo
03-06-2012, 10:53 AM
:( I was hoping for local more-so than online. Or at least system link.

The13Doctors
03-06-2012, 10:57 AM
I hope it will be like I theorized.

It better be local as well!

GeneralTrumbo
03-06-2012, 11:02 AM
I hope it will be like I theorized.

It better be local as well!
I sure hope so. I will be a bit disappointed if it isn't local too. I don't really like playing co-op over live(or PS Network). Would anyone be willing to play with me if it were to happen?? =D

The13Doctors
03-06-2012, 11:06 AM
It will be much better to have it be locally. Especially in AC where the Assassins are cooperative, you can't really be cooperative when you have no idea what your ally will do.

Also, I always play Co-Op games with my cousin and AC will be epic in Co-Op.

I'm not buying another TV, Xbox, Game, and XBL account just to play Co-Op like some other people would.

WhiteSheWolf
03-06-2012, 11:18 AM
It will be much better to have it be locally. Especially in AC where the Assassins are cooperative, you can't really be cooperative when you have no idea what your ally will do.

Also, I always play Co-Op games with my cousin and AC will be epic in Co-Op.

I'm not buying another TV, Xbox, Game, and XBL account just to play Co-Op like some other people would.

... ... my friend and I have been known to set up two TVs next to each other, and play AC multiplayer matches together, on our separate PS3's....it's a little insane. Especially when we get each other as targets.

EscoBlades
03-06-2012, 11:21 AM
I'd much rather it was online co-op personally. 70% of my friends list will be playing AC III when it releases. I'll have no shortage of people to co-op with on missons. Should be awesomesauce!!

WhiteSheWolf
03-06-2012, 11:23 AM
I'd much rather it was online co-op personally. 70% of my friends list will be playing AC III when it releases. I'll have no shortage of people to co-op with on missons. Should be awesomesauce!!

I'd rather it be both. Local and online co-op are not mutually exclusive.

GeneralTrumbo
03-06-2012, 11:30 AM
Like White said, it would be nice for both. That allows more freedom of going about it.

The13Doctors
03-06-2012, 11:30 AM
... ... my friend and I have been known to set up two TVs next to each other, and play AC multiplayer matches together, on our separate PS3's....it's a little insane. Especially when we get each other as targets.

Hey, I get it, I do that too with my cousin, he's got two HD TVs, back when we both had Xbox'. Getting another set on purpose for that sole reason is a bit too much for me.

GeneralTrumbo
03-06-2012, 11:32 AM
I mostly wouldn't like it because the friend I would be playing with doesn't have Live.

Sh4dowKnight47
03-06-2012, 11:51 AM
It would be so mad if they made it coop mode so i can play with one of my friends which is different for assassins creed.

reddragonhrcro
03-06-2012, 11:52 AM
IGN did an article on this too,also they say that the classic mp is also in the game.

Sh4dowKnight47
03-06-2012, 11:53 AM
allowing both splitscreen and online co-op would be total awesomness!!!!

itsamea-mario
03-06-2012, 11:58 AM
Online coop actually sounds good.
Mission like objectives could be just what the MP needs.

I however don't think local coop would work.

KrYpToNiC95
03-06-2012, 12:12 PM
IGN did an article on this too,also they say that the classic mp is also in the game.

Can I please have a link to this article, the IGN one that I read says that they have yet to comment on the MP.

reddragonhrcro
03-06-2012, 12:13 PM
Here:
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/122/1220079p1.html

LightRey
03-06-2012, 12:15 PM
I like the idea (whatever it means). I really enjoy co-op MP. That's why I like Halo's Firefight so much.

reddragonhrcro
03-06-2012, 12:18 PM
Well lets hope it will be real coop,not what was in SCDA(they put coop mission which was in fact the same thing as MP but VS bots that can be chosen in MP aswell)

The13Doctors
03-06-2012, 12:19 PM
I like the idea (whatever it means). I really enjoy co-op MP. That's why I like Halo's Firefight so much.

Ah yes, that was a great move by Bungie.

I'm seriously hoping for some Local play.

KrYpToNiC95
03-06-2012, 12:25 PM
2-4 online MP Co-op would suck. If its not done with a lot of people online at once like in RDR it will feel boring. I do like having others in the game but SP co-op doesn't appeal to me either.

iNt0xiCaT3dSainT
03-06-2012, 12:26 PM
I hope there is a Co-op and good servers because for some reason me and my friend can rarely connect to each on AC:R and AC:B it takes us forever to find a game together if were in the same lobby. So please Ubi have Co-op and decent servers!

DavisP92
03-06-2012, 12:36 PM
I'm hoping for campaign co-op, that would make AC3 the best game in the world for me :).

FilipinoNinja67
03-06-2012, 01:09 PM
Guys, i dont mean to be a debbie downer but theres probably not going to be splitscreen coop. Sadly most games have been moving away from it because i guess game developers think we have no real friends -_-. Coop is still aweshum though and im excited!

GeneralTrumbo
03-06-2012, 01:17 PM
Guys, i dont mean to be a debbie downer but theres probably not going to be splitscreen coop. Sadly most games have been moving away from it because i guess game developers think we have no real friends -_-. Coop is still aweshum though and im excited!
In my opinion, splitscreen co-op is better than online co-op.

FilipinoNinja67
03-06-2012, 01:22 PM
Same here, i love playing fifa whenever my friend comes over and i think its a lot more fun to get a breakaway upper left 90 volley goal on her when im right next to her and i can look over and stick my tongue out :P.

Rycay
03-06-2012, 01:27 PM
I hope they have offline co-op because whenever I use my wirless to connect the majority of the time I get kicked. Lousy connection. Luckily I have wired as well. :)

DavisP92
03-06-2012, 01:34 PM
i'd rather have only online co-op, but i understand some ppl can't play it. As for the coop itself, i want it to be as big and have customization like single player, yea i have high expectations :P

shobhit7777777
03-06-2012, 02:07 PM
I doubt there will be local/Splitscreen coop....have you seen the scope of the visuals? It would murder the consoles. Although I hope I'm proved wrong.

pirate1802
03-06-2012, 02:15 PM
http://www.myfacewhen.net/uploads/282-mother-of-god.jpg

The13Doctors
03-06-2012, 02:32 PM
i'd rather have only online co-op, but i understand some ppl can't play it. As for the coop itself, i want it to be as big and have customization like single player, yea i have high expectations :P

Why exclusive?

GeneralTrumbo
03-06-2012, 02:40 PM
Yeah, true, I would much rather have both online and offline.

DavisP92
03-06-2012, 02:52 PM
Why exclusive?

mainly because if the game is split screen it will diminish the graphics and view (what you can see because the screen is split) of the game. however, there is a pro to the concept of split screen, play with friends nearby, not required to play online if something is wrong with the connection. It really depends on how Ubisoft does it, but with the new anvil engine i think they will keep it exclusive to online

MarleyMon81
03-06-2012, 04:21 PM
Don't know if it was posted yet, but the blurb about the game on Xbox.com still lists the 2-8 multiplayer, however the online co-op feature that I saw noted on their yesterday has been removed.

DavisP92
03-06-2012, 04:24 PM
ign says 1-4 coop, they probably have both multiplayer and coop and it was probably removed because it wasn't supposed to be shown

MarleyMon81
03-06-2012, 04:31 PM
Then they probably should have removed the MP as well since they Ubi hasn't revealed anything with that either.

Lass4r
03-06-2012, 06:58 PM
If this is legit thats truely awesome, I wonder if we'll be able to do Campaign together though, it might not make sense to have another assassin hang around Connor during the campaign...

SleezeRocker
03-06-2012, 07:07 PM
We''ll wait and see. If they implement coop, intersting to see if not, I hope competitive multiplayer doesn't come, just want mostly badace story ;)

freddie_1897
03-06-2012, 07:18 PM
how is it going to work? will one person play as Connor and the other play as someone else?

LightRey
03-06-2012, 07:23 PM
how is it going to work? will one person play as Connor and the other play as someone else?

We have absolutely no details on what kind of co-op we're talking about. It could very easily be similar to Firefight in Halo.

WhiteSheWolf
03-06-2012, 07:39 PM
Just a note: Local co-op doesn't HAVE to be splitscreen. It tends to be; but look at Resident Evil 6...local co-op, no splitscreen. Or, heck, all of the Kirby/Mario/etc Nintendo games. Granted they aren't even in the same universe as Assassin's Creed... but two players can manage on one whole screen. Then the visuals wouldn't be compromised.

As far as the story goes I'm not sure how a local co-op would fit in at all; but if Ubisoft included it, I'm sure it would fit in...and regardless I'm never going to stop wanting to play locally. At this point everything is speculation anyways. Maybe we'll get some more details before GDC ends...

dex3108BL
03-06-2012, 07:41 PM
Microsoft has removed Co-Op from online features so it is probably false alarm.

ShaneO7K
03-06-2012, 07:42 PM
We have absolutely no details on what kind of co-op we're talking about. It could very easily be similar to Firefight in Halo.

Personally, I think it would be great if they went down the same path as Splinter Cell Conviction when it comes to Co-Op. Two completely new characters (or whatever number it is) with their own story which relates to the story of AC3. Even if it followed the assassins prior to finding and recruiting Connor.

SleezeRocker
Unless compatible with Sony's splitscreen 3dTV lol

jmk1999
local would be ideal... i don't play with friends online much, but my nephew and i love to switch off on my multiplayer account (hence the difference from round to round in game play strategies if you play against me online sometimes... lol...). if we could play together in the same room on the same tv, that would be awesome. he'll probably be getting the game as well, but it would certainly be nice when we're together to be able to play together.

freddie_1897
03-06-2012, 07:44 PM
local would be ideal... i don't play with friends online much, but my nephew and i love to switch off on my multiplayer account (hence the difference from round to round in game play strategies if you play against me online sometimes... lol...). if we could play together in the same room on the same tv, that would be awesome. he'll probably be getting the game as well, but it would certainly be nice when we're together to be able to play together.
oh my god the mod has a life outside of these forums! GET BACK TO WORK, YOUR NOT ALLOWED TO HAVE FUN.
jk!

WhiteSheWolf
03-06-2012, 07:44 PM

When my bestie and I aren't being absolutely ridiculous and playing on two different TVs, we switch off from round to round as well. Good to see we're not the only ones!

Lonesoldier2012
03-06-2012, 08:07 PM
Please let it be offline. it's really not fair that online gaming gets more focus :(

dex3108BL
03-06-2012, 08:14 PM
As i said before CO-OP is probably not in game. Xbox page doesn't show anymore CO-OP part only MP part. So i wouldn't hope that much.

reddragonhrcro
03-06-2012, 08:17 PM
As i said before CO-OP is probably not in game. Xbox page doesn't show anymore CO-OP part only MP part. So i wouldn't hope that much.
Same was with RE6 but after they removed the info aswell.

UrDeviant1
03-06-2012, 08:26 PM
So how's this going to work? They're going to give us separate co-op missions? Missions that could have gone into the single player campaign.

pacmanate
03-06-2012, 08:39 PM
Xbox pulled the CO-OP down.
My guess is they have a template they use for all games and just didnt correct it in time

Zebroneath
03-06-2012, 09:04 PM
It be an unlikely but great addition to the game. Imagine playing different missions with your friends, planning out assassinations of a high valued target, working together tactically so it all goes down without any trouble. Or also imagine fighting all of the enemy guards in one big open area with the new combat mechanics and all that jazz.

rileypoole1234
03-07-2012, 12:45 AM
It doesn't show co-op anymore. It wouldn't make any sense anyway.

mattscat16
03-07-2012, 12:52 AM
im hopin for something that is more local and less online, and not crappy. kind of like the exact opposite of battlefield 3 co-op

JumpInTheFire13
03-07-2012, 12:56 AM
I sure hope so. I will be a bit disappointed if it isn't local too. I don't really like playing co-op over live(or PS Network). Would anyone be willing to play with me if it were to happen?? =D Playstation?

The13Doctors
03-07-2012, 02:01 AM

This

Black Shadow943
03-07-2012, 03:43 AM
http://www.strategyinformer.com/news/16923/assassins-creed-3-features-online-co-operative-modes

Woot!

dude don't get your junk in a twist the artical says 1-4 players that means online multiplayer is now split screen compatable. show me the actual game box with it saying offline: 1-4 players then and only then will I believe AC will have story mode co-op

The13Doctors
03-07-2012, 03:45 AM
dude don't get your junk in a twist the artical says 1-4 players that means online multiplayer is now split screen compatable. show me the actual game box with it saying offline: 1-4 players then and only then will I believe AC will have story mode co-op

OP never said offline.

SolidSage
03-07-2012, 04:28 AM
SHUT THE FRONT DOOR!

If this happens I will be the happiest suno***un. I've been rolling with two flatty's and dueling 360's and spinny chairs for a while, AC is the missing link. MP really doesn't have enough depth and get repetetive but if this is legit and we can roam full maps...oh man. And it might just be the case, keeping the player count low so the systems can handle it.
Full campaign would be so epic, I would have zero issue playing as a generic assassin assisting Conner with his missions, it realy wouldn't matter. SCC co-op was magnificent, the only shame about it was that the SP campaign seemed like wasted space on the disc after playing the co-op, the whole game should have been co-opable.

Anyway, fingers and toes crossed!

McDillard
03-28-2012, 11:58 AM
First of all, for everyone hoping that this is split screen co-op, don't get your hopes up. We don't even know if Ubisoft considered co-op for this game in the first place, this is all based on rumor and conjecture. In addition, any game that is very graphics heavy (RDR, AC, Far Cry) you will never see these games available in split screen, not because the designers decided that people don't like to play on the couch next to one another, but because of the processing limitations of the current consoles. In order to have a split screen experience, you essentially are requiring the console and graphics card to process twice as much information simultaneously. Because current games have done such a good job of taking full advantage of the power of the current gen consoles, there isn't a whole lot of power left over for including a split screen. So unless Ubi decided to severely limit the engine on AC 3, I really doubt that split screen is even a possibility.That being said, Co-op, online or offline, would be everything AC needs! I have always loved the campaign in these games, but the 1 thing it has been missing was someone to fight along side, and plan strategies with. Can't think of another game that would be so perfect for co-op! I hope the baseless rumors are true.

FilipinoNinja67
03-28-2012, 12:29 PM

The article says there is a mode for "up to four players". And it says "ONLINE coop modes revealed", it says nothing about being splitscreen compatible, "Don't get your junk in a twist".

DavisP92
03-28-2012, 01:38 PM
First of all, for everyone hoping that this is split screen co-op, don't get your hopes up. We don't even know if Ubisoft considered co-op for this game in the first place, this is all based on rumor and conjecture. In addition, any game that is very graphics heavy (RDR, AC, Far Cry) you will never see these games available in split screen, not because the designers decided that people don't like to play on the couch next to one another, but because of the processing limitations of the current consoles. In order to have a split screen experience, you essentially are requiring the console and graphics card to process twice as much information simultaneously. Because current games have done such a good job of taking full advantage of the power of the current gen consoles, there isn't a whole lot of power left over for including a split screen. So unless Ubi decided to severely limit the engine on AC 3, I really doubt that split screen is even a possibility.That being said, Co-op, online or offline, would be everything AC needs! I have always loved the campaign in these games, but the 1 thing it has been missing was someone to fight along side, and plan strategies with. Can't think of another game that would be so perfect for co-op! I hope the baseless rumors are true.

this, everyone that says they don't play with friends online. Well this forum has countless of gamers on it and i'm sure there are a lot of ppl here that are willing to play coop together. If you can't play online due to connection well, i'm sorry to hear that. But if it's just because you don't play with friends online, tough sh**. just ask someone to play with you, you'll have fun :) (if the coop is good :P)

Mr_Shade
03-28-2012, 08:00 PM
Just to be clear.

Unless Ubisoft announce a game mode you should treat any reports seen in the Internet as either rumour or an error.

UrDeviant1
03-28-2012, 08:06 PM
Ubisoft have neither confirmed, or denied co-op. I hope It's the latter. A game that's always captured my Imagination and had me fully Immersed would be hampered by co-op play, IMO.

FilipinoNinja67
03-28-2012, 08:38 PM
Watch the coop modes just be the return of Alliance to the multiplayer (would not work though with four players...). If there is no coop then ubi would have put the rumors to rest so that there wouldnt be any disappointments. Unless they seriously pay that little of attention to anything that goes on in their video game community.

pacmanate
03-28-2012, 08:43 PM
I hope you guys realise that Microsoft have a template that includes things like:

8-16 Player Online
2-4 Co-op

and what they do after the template is delete and add stuff appropriately, which has now been done

McDillard
03-29-2012, 06:28 AM
Ubisoft have neither confirmed, or denied co-op. I hope It's the latter. A game that's always captured my Imagination and had me fully Immersed would be hampered by co-op play, IMO.

Really? Why would you HOPE that there is no co-op option? If you don't like co-op (for some unfathomable reason) then just don't play it in co-op mode! What is wrong with having the option available for the millions of other people who DO like it? I'm pretty sure MORE options are always better than FEWER, that way people can choose to play however they'd prefer. IMO