PDA

View Full Version : A strange coincidence of the AC3 Creative Director and the American Revolution.

GeneralTrumbo
03-06-2012, 09:00 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexander_Hutchinson_(Vermont)

I have found a strange coincidence in the Assassins Creed 3's Creative Director's name and the American Revolution. Well according to this, Alexander Hutchinson was the name of a veteran soldier who fought during the American Revolution. He was involved in the aftermath of the Royalton Raid. Before all this, it is said that he was a successful merchant. What is everyone's thoughts on this? Do you think this was in mind when choosing him as their Creative Director?

GeneralTrumbo
03-06-2012, 09:05 AM
I'm going to give this one bump because I think it is definitely an extremely interesting fact. =)

ProletariatPleb
03-06-2012, 09:06 AM
Haha, what an awesome co-incidence.

GeneralTrumbo
03-06-2012, 09:09 AM
Haha, what an awesome co-incidence.
I know right...makes you wonder if Ubisoft was thinking of that when making him Creative Director on AC3.

imonthenet
03-06-2012, 09:10 AM
That is cool, I'm not gonna lie

The13Doctors
03-06-2012, 09:10 AM
o.o

So he was named after a Veteran of the Revolutionary war, then makes a game about it?

Nope, nothing weird here. Moving on.

GeneralTrumbo
03-06-2012, 09:11 AM
That is cool, I'm not gonna lie
Yeah. I just googled his name out of curiosity and came up with this. I was pretty surprised.

GeneralTrumbo
03-06-2012, 09:12 AM
o.o

So he was named after a Veteran of the Revolutionary war, then makes a game about it?

Nope, nothing weird here. Moving on.
Lol. I wonder if this person is one of his ancestors.

SaneJahones
03-06-2012, 09:20 AM
That would be awesome... And is very, very interesting.

GeneralTrumbo
03-06-2012, 09:38 AM
That would be awesome... And is very, very interesting.
I know right! Think we might see him in the game?? =P

SaneJahones
03-06-2012, 09:51 AM
That would be cool! xD And slightly weird... Well, I already had my ancestor in Red Dead Redemption... Irish. :p So it's only fair. xD And for those who sometimes cannot tell, I know this crap is hard without tone... - That would be sarcasm.

GeneralTrumbo
03-06-2012, 09:53 AM
That would be cool! xD And slightly weird... Well, I already had my ancestor in Red Dead Redemption... Irish. :p So it's only fair. xD And for those who sometimes cannot tell, I know this crap is hard without tone... - That would be sarcasm.
Guess we'll see!

LightRey
03-06-2012, 10:22 AM
I wonder if they'll do anything with that.

imonthenet
03-06-2012, 10:49 AM
Could be a little remark in there, like in Brotherhood when Ezio told the French guards he was from Montreal. I love little things like this:D

Ledachh11
03-06-2012, 10:53 AM
That fact is surprising, the fact the game is set during the Revolutionary War isn't as surprising as one thinks and the name of the creative director is completely coincidental... let's break it down historically.

AC1 took place in the late 1100's ending in the 1200's as per Revelations. Put on 2 centuries and you find yourself in the late 1400's with Ezio Auditore who's story ends in the 1500's put on two centuries and you find yourself.... in the 1700's. Now the 1700's are chock full of awesome bits of history, the most important events however is that of the Indian War/Seven Years War, which would place Britain in the dominant global position for the next two centuries, and the Revolutionary War.

Which... actually wasn't as bad for Britain as some folks think. Post war trade increased between the Americas and Britain, Britain began to get trade from India also which offset any "losses" it might have incured in resources and on top of all that it meant that the colonists were no longer under its control and so if they wound up killing more Frenchmen and Indians again (which started the entire seven years war in the first place), they wouldn't have to lift a finger as they no longer had any obligations towards actually defending the colonists.

GeneralTrumbo
03-06-2012, 10:58 AM
That fact is surprising, the fact the game is set during the Revolutionary War isn't as surprising as one thinks and the name of the creative director is completely coincidental... let's break it down historically.

AC1 took place in the late 1100's ending in the 1200's as per Revelations. Put on 2 centuries and you find yourself in the late 1400's with Ezio Auditore who's story ends in the 1500's put on two centuries and you find yourself.... in the 1700's. Now the 1700's are chock full of awesome bits of history, the most important events however is that of the Indian War/Seven Years War, which would place Britain in the dominant global position for the next two centuries, and the Revolutionary War.

Which... actually wasn't as bad for Britain as some folks think. Post war trade increased between the Americas and Britain, Britain began to get trade from India also which offset any "losses" it might have incured in resources and on top of all that it meant that the colonists were no longer under its control and so if they wound up killing more Frenchmen and Indians again (which started the entire seven years war in the first place), they wouldn't have to lift a finger as they no longer had any obligations towards actually defending the colonists.
You didn't really explain how its completely coincidental...

Evenesque
03-06-2012, 06:23 PM

...sure....

D.I.D.
03-06-2012, 06:26 PM
You didn't really explain how its completely coincidental...

It is a coincidence.

Otherwise you have to think Ubisoft risked a multi-million dollar franchise on this man because of his name.

GeneralTrumbo
03-06-2012, 06:36 PM
It is a coincidence.

Otherwise you have to think Ubisoft risked a multi-million dollar franchise on this man because of his name.
They could have still had this in mind when picking him.

D.I.D.
03-06-2012, 06:41 PM
They could have still had this in mind when picking him.

They might have thought "oh lol" when they started researching the history, but that's all. I doubt they even picked the 18th century Hutchinson up in their research anyway. It doesn't seem like he's anyone of particular note.

brick177
03-06-2012, 06:41 PM
The American War for Independence also bled into the West Indies and Continental Europe. The British started with a colonial uprising and ended with a full out war with Spain and France.

GeneralTrumbo
03-06-2012, 06:45 PM
They might have thought "oh lol" when they started researching the history, but that's all. I doubt they even picked the 18th century Hutchinson up in their research anyway. It doesn't seem like he's anyone of particular note.
He was of veteran status, though.