PDA

View Full Version : I know it's hard to believe, but once upon a time the Americans were OPPRESSED.

payrob07
03-06-2012, 07:25 AM
Yes, we the mighty United States of America were once oppressed by a much more powerful country. The British Crown treated us like the scum of the earth, yet we, as Americans, rose up and stood up for FREEDOM and LIBERTY. Both of those are undeniably a HUGE part of the Assassin's Order.

The Borgia and the Catholic Church around the time of the Borgia's, oppressed Italy but primarily the Papal States... didn't Ezio "leap" to the rescue?

What is the problem? Why would an Assassin fight for the British? That's ridiculous.

I hate to break it to some of you, but history professors all over the world agree the Americans on April 19, 1775, changed the world as we know it.

I really want to go full Uncle Sam on some of you, but I will refrain.

GeneralTrumbo
03-06-2012, 07:27 AM
There were corrupt people on both sides. That is fact.

Assassin_M
03-06-2012, 07:37 AM
Every Civilization/kingdom/country/government had the good and the bad even when being oppressed, ok ?
Americans have some dirt on their history, Egyptians have some dirt on their history, HECK THE VATICAN HAS DIRT IN ITS HISTORY !!!
AC III will be about fighting tyranny and injustice, which were present on both sides of the revolution..

The13Doctors
03-06-2012, 07:40 AM
Did you really have to make a new thread just to display patriotic bias?

GeneralTrumbo
03-06-2012, 07:44 AM
I'm in the USA and I know for a FACT we are not the best country ever. That is just bias and totally unfair to others.

ProletariatPleb
03-06-2012, 07:45 AM
Sorry but I like the direction this game is going, we already have enough "Hell yeah 'MERICA" games, this is a good change of pace.

Assassin_M
03-06-2012, 07:48 AM
I'm in the USA and I know for a FACT we are not the best country ever. That is just bias and totally unfair to others.
how is it unfair to others ??

The13Doctors
03-06-2012, 07:49 AM

Because it isn't true and credit isn't going where it's due. Based on that, opinions are altered and people are mistreated.

GeneralTrumbo
03-06-2012, 07:49 AM
The fact that this guy wants to portray the USA as perfect.

Poodle_of_Doom
03-06-2012, 07:51 AM

I seem to recall dom telling you to shut your mouth a couple of times for something of a similar nature, so don't speak on the topic.

Assassin_M
03-06-2012, 07:51 AM
The fact that this guy wants to portray the USA as perfect.
Oh yeah, ok.. sorry I had that a little misinterpreted at first so I just wanted a clear up.. Thanks !!

Assassin_M
03-06-2012, 07:52 AM
I seem to recall dom telling you to shut your mouth a couple of times for something of a similar nature, so don't speak on the topic.
Ahahahah indeed, you make a thread for everything, the OP should be your apprentice..

Poodle_of_Doom
03-06-2012, 07:55 AM
I wasn't complaining about the OP. I personally don't care about the number of threads being made, even though they're all of a relative nature right now (turning to a subject of bias at some point that is). What I'm complaing about is the author of what I quoted.

GeneralTrumbo
03-06-2012, 07:55 AM
Didn't you make a thread like that out of anger towards Americans?

Poodle_of_Doom
03-06-2012, 07:57 AM
Didn't you make a thread like that out of anger towards Americans?

See Assassin_M... I'm not the only one who recals that thread.

Assassin_M
03-06-2012, 08:00 AM
See Assassin_M... I'm not the only one who recals that thread.
I recall it too :D
In my previous post I wasnt actually referring to you, I was referring to 13`s, as of late, Thread-flu..

Poodle_of_Doom
03-06-2012, 08:08 AM
I see...

The13Doctors
03-06-2012, 08:11 AM
I recall it too :D
In my previous post I wasnt actually referring to you, I was referring to 13`s, as of late, Thread-flu..
Link it please? Or the name of it?

GeneralTrumbo
03-06-2012, 08:11 AM
I see...
Or do you?? :O

The13Doctors
03-06-2012, 08:14 AM

I'll admit, I was wrong to make that comment, I didn't make a sub thread out of it. I am entitled to discuss this just as much as you.

I have no problem with you having an opinion, but there is a thread just around this one about this specific topic, and you went out of the way to make a new one just to write something that would have fit very well into the discussion in the other thread.

SaneJahones
03-06-2012, 08:16 AM
Meh, being half British makes up for having to kill British by far for me... I don't see the problem, I'd kill any other race put in front of me just as easy, and us British were seen as ruthless bastards back then so I can't think of a more morally right people to kill.

Lonesoldier2012
03-06-2012, 08:28 AM
Connor fights for liberty and freedom. their are Templar's on both sides.

SaneJahones
03-06-2012, 08:53 AM
Um, dumb *** question, but sorry. How do you guys know his names Conner and all that other crap that isn't mentioned in the trailer?

Lonesoldier2012
03-06-2012, 08:54 AM
Um, dumb *** question, but sorry. How do you guys know his names Conner and all that other crap that isn't mentioned in the trailer?

Game Informer article.

GeneralTrumbo
03-06-2012, 08:54 AM
The Game Informer.

Lonesoldier2012
03-06-2012, 08:55 AM
The Game Informer.

Ninja'd.

freddie_1897
03-06-2012, 09:00 AM
It was 300 years ago! Let it go!
America is really good is it? Because of your power you were attacked in a horrible event (911) where 3000 men died, your president then sent off people to Pakistan to find the man responsible, in doing so you lost thousands more men, you also went to Vietnam for no reason at all. Ok, I'm going to use an anagram here: michael and hans were having a boxing match, after 3 hours both were very very tired and were bleeding all over, suddenly, a man named jim came along and hit hans over the head with a chair. He then claimed victory. Guess what event that meant

jmk1999
03-06-2012, 09:01 AM
this topic is sorta useless and only lends itself to adding fuel to a fire that we're trying to keep a lid on. i'm tired of threads about this sorta subject if you all can't agree to debate such matters in a civil matter... and so with that... topic closed.