PDA

View Full Version : Why would you expect them to fix ACR??

Engioc
03-06-2012, 07:20 AM
I see posts on here asking about patches to fix the issues with ACR and of course the older versions....but why would you expect them to waste time on fixing the current version?

Surely people have noticed by now that this trend from companies like Ubisoft and others to release a new game each year has meant they don't care about fixing the current version, their only goal is to sell you the next one.

Got a problem with your current version of AC, well you can wait and buy the new one....yeah look at our awesome new video isn't it great......and all the sheep kiddies lap it up.

Saurabh001
03-06-2012, 07:44 AM
They never Intend to fix bugs in game, ACRMP is badly broken.

Anykeyer
03-06-2012, 08:39 AM
ACR MP got some nice fixes in 1.03. But I dont expect them to fix anything else, almost sure they done with ACR.

TheLeoCrow
03-06-2012, 07:52 PM
I see posts on here asking about patches to fix the issues with ACR and of course the older versions....but why would you expect them to waste time on fixing the current version?

Because one would assume that they want to sell AC3 and other games in the future. Haven't you noticed how many people have ragequit the forums and the games? Haven't you seen all the negative hype their games are starting to get? When someone comes here or in steam forums or other places and asks if the AC series is any good and if they should buy it, what would be the answer? Most people say negative things, especially when it comes to Ubisoft's aftersales attitude.

Engioc
03-06-2012, 09:56 PM
Because one would assume that they want to sell AC3 and other games in the future. Haven't you noticed how many people have ragequit the forums and the games? Haven't you seen all the negative hype their games are starting to get? When someone comes here or in steam forums or other places and asks if the AC series is any good and if they should buy it, what would be the answer? Most people say negative things, especially when it comes to Ubisoft's aftersales attitude.

I would suggest you look at Ubisofts track record when it comes to fixing bugs in AC series, its not a good one. So why would you expect ACR to be any different?

That is my point here. Why ask for bug fixes for ACR when they've never bothered to fix bugs in previous versions? Ubisoft is clearly only interested in the next version and they realise most gamers will still buy it.

These days with mass produced games all these companies care about is the next version, fine fix game breaking bugs, but beyond that they throw their resources in to the next title.

I'm not saying I like it, just saying its a fact, so you can go on posting in here all you like about what needs to be fixed but I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for the patch because its unlikely to come based on previous AC games.

AnthonyA85
03-06-2012, 11:27 PM
*snorts*

MP gets all the attention in the patches, and it STILL doesn't work! I really don't know why they bothered with MP at all, it was a nice idea, but it just failed.

I was EXPECTING the single player kill streak mercenary challenge thing to be address, but obviously, no-one ever brought it up in the bugs thread, if if they did, it was ignored.

Engioc
03-07-2012, 01:09 PM
I know this is a statement often made these days but really it comes down to more money at minimal effort.

I understand every gamer here would like to see the bugs get fixed, me included, but over the last few years it's become all too obvious that companies like Ubisoft aren't that interested in bug fixing.

They can make more profit by releasing a new game and than they can by spending too much time on bug catching. So they fix what they really need to and then move on to the next game.

For us that's sad, annoying, a rip off etc, but that's the modern gaming industry. Long gone are the days when companies cared enough to fix the bugs.

I've often said, and here I go again, one of the few companies around with the money and the brains is R* and GTA. This game isn't mass produced and I hope it never will be. We wait 3 or 4 years between each new version and weather your a fan or not you cant deny they produce one of the best known and loved games around. This game isn't successful because they flog it to death like Ubi/AC is these days, they do it by making people wait, GTA4 was released 2008, GTA5 possibly 2012 or 2013 before its released on all platforms. GTA4 PC version had plenty of bugs as many would know but to their credit they were also still releasing patches right up until late 2009 early 2010, way beyond what I've seen from other companies who seem the drop support for their games almost the day its released. Add to that some quality DLC that was far more worthwhile than almost any other DLC produced since. There are a lot of companies and developers out there that could learn a thing or two from R*.