PDA

View Full Version : What is a CGI trailer??

Legendz54
03-06-2012, 06:27 AM
I watched the awesome AC3 trailer live this morning at 3:30AM and im confused between cinematic trailers and CGI trailers can someone tell me the difference??

GeneralTrumbo
03-06-2012, 06:30 AM
A cinematic trailer is, I believe, a trailer using the actual graphics of the game. A CGI trailer is rendered and created seperate from game graphics. Kind of like a Pixar film or whatever.

Legendz54
03-06-2012, 06:32 AM
A cinematic trailer is, I believe, a trailer using the actual graphics of the game. A CGI trailer is rendered and created seperate from game graphics. Kind of like a Pixar film or whatever.

So which one was AC3?

GeneralTrumbo
03-06-2012, 06:33 AM
So which one was AC3?
It looks like a cinematic trailer to me, maybe a little exaggerated, but closer to a cinematic than a CGI.

LordWolv
03-06-2012, 06:33 AM
So which one was AC3?
The reveal trailer? That was cinematic, using the same graphics as we'll see in the game. Obviously gameplay implements might have been different, and camera angles also.

The13Doctors
03-06-2012, 06:34 AM
It looks like a cinematic trailer to me, maybe a little exaggerated, but closer to a cinematic than a CGI.

Actually no, that is the actual render of the game. The engine is that powerful. Not gameplay itself but a render using the game's engine.

Legendz54
03-06-2012, 06:35 AM

Then we should expect another trailer with superior graphics by E3

GeneralTrumbo
03-06-2012, 06:36 AM
Actually no, that is the actual render of the game. The engine is that powerful. Not gameplay itself but a render using the game's engine.
Do you think we'll receive these same graphics, gameplay, and experience on the Xbox 360, PS3, and PC that we would on the Wii U?

The13Doctors
03-06-2012, 06:43 AM
Best Graphics for PC
Medium for PS3
Lowest for Xbox/WiiU

That's how the hardware allows it to be, although the WiiU may be much better now.

GeneralTrumbo
03-06-2012, 06:48 AM
Best Graphics for PC
Medium for PS3
Lowest for Xbox/WiiU

That's how the hardware allows it to be, although the WiiU may be much better now.
I heard Wii U was even more superior to PS3/Xbox...I like the graphics on the Xbox though; they are far from terrible. They aren't DRASTICALLY different from that of PS3.(I have seen/played many games for PS3.)

LordWolv
03-06-2012, 06:55 AM
I heard Wii U was even more superior to PS3/Xbox...I like the graphics on the Xbox though; they are far from terrible. They aren't DRASTICALLY different from that of PS3.(I have seen/played many games for PS3.)
I see no difference between PS3 and Xbox..
Wii U will indeed be superior
PC depends on what PC you have.

GeneralTrumbo
03-06-2012, 06:57 AM
Exactly...I don't see why people sit there all day and compare PS3 and Xbox...
Although, yes I believe Wii U will be superior.
Do you guys think that the game will be more than 1 disc this time around?

JumpInTheFire13
03-06-2012, 06:59 AM
Maybe on Xbox and PC but not on PS3.

GeneralTrumbo
03-06-2012, 07:02 AM
Maybe on Xbox and PC but not on PS3.
What was this in reply to?

The13Doctors
03-06-2012, 07:03 AM

I have nothing against either consoles. I personally prefer the Xbox, it's just fact that the PS3 hardware is superior graphics wise.

Not sure about Wii.

Well it's obviously about having good enough hardware.

Conversation is about their capability, PC is superior to all, always will be. Hardware wise of course.
I have a 50 dollar Graphics card, I'm running Skyrim, all ACs, Sonic, Portal, Just Cause 2, Batman Arkham City, Saints Row, and some others at Max Graphics.

I miss Xbox Live though :/

LordWolv
03-06-2012, 07:05 AM
I have nothing against either consoles. I personally prefer the Xbox, it's just fact that the PS3 hardware is superior graphics wise.

Not sure about Wii.

Conversation is about their capability, PC is superior to all, always will be. Hardware wise of course.
I have a 50 dollar Graphics card, I'm running Skyrim, all ACs, Sonic, Portal, Just Cause 2, Batman Arkham City, Saints Row, and some others at Max Graphics.

Exactly, PC will always be better.
The only reason I'd prefer to get the next GEN of Xbox than PS3 is because I now know the controller well..

The Wii U, their new console, is said to have superior hardware; the funny thing is, I expect that will only be the case before the next GEN of Xbox and PS.

GeneralTrumbo
03-06-2012, 07:11 AM

Not sure about Wii.

But, what I was saying is that they aren't drastically different graphics-wise.

The13Doctors
03-06-2012, 07:17 AM
But, what I was saying is that they aren't drastically different graphics-wise.

I'll say this. I've played ACB on all Consoles, I had them for PC and Xbox 360, borrowed a PS3 and Brotherhood for a week. Based on my experiences, here's what I have to say about graphics.

When playing ACB at the Lowest settings I noticed that it is as good, if not superior to the Xbox Graphics.
When playing ACB I noticed that the Graphics are about Medium to High.
PC obviously goes up to Ultra High Graphics.

On a side note; With 2GB RAM, I load the game faster on PC than on Xbox, and faster with the PS3.

GeneralTrumbo
03-06-2012, 07:21 AM
I'll say this. I've played ACB on all Consoles, I had them for PC and Xbox 360, borrowed a PS3 and Brotherhood for a week. Based on my experiences, here's what I have to say about graphics.

When playing ACB at the Lowest settings I noticed that it is as good, if not superior to the Xbox Graphics.
When playing ACB I noticed that the Graphics are about Medium to High.
PC obviously goes up to Ultra High Graphics.

On a side note; With 2GB RAM, I load the game faster on PC than on Xbox, and faster with the PS3.
Were you running the Xbox graphics at 1080P, with HDMI cord connected?

The13Doctors
03-06-2012, 08:35 AM
Si, my cousin has one and I played it there as well. Oh and I used a normal TV for the PS3.

GeneralTrumbo
03-06-2012, 08:38 AM
Si, my cousin has one and I played it there as well. Oh and I used a normal TV for the PS3.
I don't know...the TV might be the problem...Revelations looked absolutely beautiful on my TV...whatever, as long as gameplay and story is good, I'm fine...

imonthenet
03-06-2012, 09:22 AM
If that trailer was rendered with the in game engine, then my head will quite possibly explode when this game enters my disk tray. I did think it looked a bit animated (whereas the CGI trailers usually look a bit more realistic) but even so it was great to see that for the first time at 1080 at 6 am this morning. Brillliiiiant!!!

The13Doctors
03-06-2012, 09:25 AM
I don't know...the TV might be the problem...Revelations looked absolutely beautiful on my TV...whatever, as long as gameplay and story is good, I'm fine...

I didn't say it was bad. Revelations was beautiful. Now what you played was at Low Graphics, imagine it on Ultra High. It is truly amazing.

EscoBlades
03-06-2012, 10:31 AM
That entire trailer was game engine CGI.

pirate1802
03-06-2012, 10:36 AM
Oh my GAWD!

If that trailer was rendered with the in game engine, then my head will quite possibly explode when this game enters my disk tray. I did think it looked a bit animated (whereas the CGI trailers usually look a bit more realistic) but even so it was great to see that for the first time at 1080 at 6 am this morning. Brillliiiiant!!!

LightRey
03-06-2012, 10:43 AM
CGI just means it's computer generated. These terms are not mutually exclusive.

True_Assassin92
03-06-2012, 10:45 AM
AC on xbox or ps3 might not be different, but I do think the ps3 is superior graphicswise. If you look at ps3 only game, like Uncharted and Socom, then I think xbox could not run these.

GeneralTrumbo
03-06-2012, 11:34 AM
AC on xbox or ps3 might not be different, but I do think the ps3 is superior graphicswise. If you look at ps3 only game, like Uncharted and Socom, then I think xbox could not run these.
It could with multiple discs.

GeneralTrumbo
03-06-2012, 11:35 AM
That entire trailer was game engine CGI.
Then that is actually pretty amazing. ^_^

YuurHeen
03-06-2012, 11:41 AM
Best Graphics for PC
Medium for PS3
Lowest for Xbox/WiiU

wiiU is the new console in that comes in the end of the year and it will have a bit better graphics than the 6 year old consoles xbox and ps3. figures nitendo just sucks graphic wise.

anyway im always for pc. with more then enough ram and a ssd there are almost no load times and i get the best graphics. its just sad tho that they wont go next gen because they want to sell to consoles mostly.

GeneralTrumbo
03-06-2012, 11:45 AM
wiiU is the new console in that comes in the end of the year and it will have a bit better graphics than the 6 year old consoles xbox and ps3. figures nitendo just sucks graphic wise.

anyway im always for pc. with more then enough ram and a ssd there are almost no load times and i get the best graphics. its just sad tho that they wont go next gen because they want to sell to consoles mostly.
There is no point in spending 800 dollars in upgrading your computer when you can get an Xbox/PS3 for $250. Graphics don't MAKE a game.

The13Doctors
03-06-2012, 11:47 AM

What do you mean? PC Gaming remains Static. I have this old thing: http://www.amazon.com/GeForce-Express-Displayport-Graphics-ZT-40701-10L/dp/B004LRO9A0

It plays everything at the best Settings with 2GB RAM. Every year a new generation of GPUs release, although I don't know why. For AC3 though, I plan to completely reinvent my system, Get an Nvidia 550 card, i5 CPU, 16GB RAM, and a DDR3 Board. I'm running everything else low, while still playing on Ultra High (Occasional Lag for the first few seconds of gameplay while it loads)

The13Doctors
03-06-2012, 11:52 AM
There is no point in spending 800 dollars in upgrading your computer when you can get an Xbox/PS3 for $250. Graphics don't MAKE a game.

Makes games run much smoother, also loading times are nonexistent.

It doesn't take 800 dollars. I made mine with 200, it will cost me 400 to keep myself top of the line for at least a decade, running thing on Ultra High for half a decade after that, High for another Half Decade, Medium for another Decade.

That is of course assuming that in that time we don't completely switch over to a new technology.

YuurHeen
03-06-2012, 12:02 PM

when you got the money its worth it.

YuurHeen
03-06-2012, 12:05 PM
What do you mean? PC Gaming remains Static. I have this old thing: http://www.amazon.com/GeForce-Express-Displayport-Graphics-ZT-40701-10L/dp/B004LRO9A0

It plays everything at the best Settings with 2GB RAM. Every year a new generation of GPUs release, although I don't know why. For AC3 though, I plan to completely reinvent my system, Get an Nvidia 550 card, i5 CPU, 16GB RAM, and a DDR3 Board. I'm running everything else low, while still playing on Ultra High (Occasional Lag for the first few seconds of gameplay while it loads)

it is static because of consoles. the majority of games is developed for console and then ported to pc. but the new consoles (ps4 and xbox720) are coming in the next year or the year after that and then it can go fast again.
but there are also games that are better for pc like bf3 and you can not play those on high on a medium pc.

The13Doctors
03-06-2012, 12:54 PM
it is static because of consoles. the majority of games is developed for console and then ported to pc. but the new consoles (ps4 and xbox720) are coming in the next year or the year after that and then it can go fast again.
but there are also games that are better for pc like bf3 and you can not play those on high on a medium pc.

Nonetheless, PC has had the 2015 Console Gen for several years now.I meant static as in it never changes, it never needs to. (As if it has another definition).

GeneralTrumbo
03-06-2012, 12:55 PM
when you got the money its worth it.
Well, yes, I would think so.