PDA

View Full Version : Stupid Question, But....

Zebroneath
03-06-2012, 02:19 AM
Do you think the inclusion of guns in the series downgrades the feel and experience of the game? A friend of mine complained when he saw the trailer "Why all of the guns?!?" while I argued that the series cannot just stay put on times of before guns were more widely used. While I do think the main character having a sort of projectile weapon makes the game a bit too easy, I do not feel that enemies who do have guns ruin the "feel" and "experience" of the game.

LoveTwisted
03-06-2012, 02:22 AM
As long as guns aren't the main emphasis during combat, I don't mind having a gun. However, in my opinion, it would be difficult to keep the feel of the current games in a modern setting because of the advancements on projectile weaponry.

Calvarok
03-06-2012, 02:26 AM
The main character has had a gun since AC2, and in Brotherhood guards began having guns as well. By revelations all rooftop guards had guns.

The goal of Assassin's Creed has been to make you feel like an Assassin at pivotal moments in history.

It has never been meant to be a game about solely close-combat weaponry. That being said, just look at the example of combat in the trailer. The soldiers use their bayonets, and everything looks very intense and personal. There will undoubtedly be more long-range gameplay, but that can only add variety, and the innacuracy of guns at that time period would mean that the gameplay can't actually be ridiculously long-range.

But yeah, getting back to my point: Assassin's Creed was never supposed to be about one specific type of combat. It was about being a predator in your time period, with the tools used in your time period. If that includes ranged weaponry, then that should be in the game.

LoveTwisted
03-06-2012, 02:31 AM
The main character has had a gun since AC2, and in Brotherhood guards began having guns as well. By revelations all rooftop guards had guns.

The goal of Assassin's Creed has been to make you feel like an Assassin at pivotal moments in history.

It has never been meant to be a game about solely close-combat weaponry. That being said, just look at the example of combat in the trailer. The soldiers use their bayonets, and everything looks very intense and personal. There will undoubtedly be more long-range gameplay, but that can only add variety, and the innacuracy of guns at that time period would mean that the gameplay can't actually be ridiculously long-range.

But yeah, getting back to my point: Assassin's Creed was never supposed to be about one specific type of combat. It was about being a predator in your time period, with the tools used in your time period. If that includes ranged weaponry, then that should be in the game.

That's a good point, I never thought of it like that ^^

Maybe it's because I prefer blades to guns that im not a huge fan of having additional firepower. With the hidden gun, I barely used it at all.

D.I.D.
03-06-2012, 02:32 AM
If it makes the game more deadly and more tactical, I'm all for it. I'm looking forward to dying a lot more in AC3, and having to plan my strategy much more carefully.