PDA

View Full Version : AC3, just imo

Engioc
03-06-2012, 02:00 AM
I've just seen the new AC3 trailer.

I'm sure my view will be very unpopular here

I'm sure many fans will be wowed by all the boom and bang in this trailer

but I'm not.

For a start America??? why, is seems totally wrong for a series which in part is known for visiting locations rarely/never seen in other games

Also it seems we're now stuck with guns, I prefer older time periods before it became so easy to kill and some skill and genuine stealth was needed. Guns just seem to break the entire concept of AC because there is little to no need for stealth. Killing is already so easy I don't understand why we need guns.

Obvious explanation for all this is wowing the kids for larger audience and more $$$ for Ubi.

It's a game for mature audiences with all that blood and guts but lets make it so easy a 3 year old can win.

Jexx21
03-06-2012, 02:16 AM
Revolutionary America IS rarely seen in games.

We still have a lot of melee combat, and stealth can be used if you enjoy playing that way. We don't use that many guns anyway.

And if you think that THIS was boom and bang...

ace3001
03-06-2012, 02:18 AM
America during the revolution. That is not something handled by any game so far, AFAIK. And guns... DId you see Connor shooting down enemies? (other than that one kill after stabbing, but even Ezio does that kinda thing.)

Moryarity
03-06-2012, 02:48 AM
I also think that America is a pretty boring setting... I really enjoyed climbing large buildings on all the AC parts..I do not see how this can be achieved in this setting.

In addition all the infos and the trailer so far strongly remind me of a Gothic 1 meets Last of the Mohicans mixture...

It simply does not have thisd "wow!"-Effect I experienced with the other games.

Maybe gameplay will advance and feature some interesting stuff, but the setting itself does no interest me.

Engioc
03-06-2012, 03:17 AM
I have nothing against the US, but imo we've seen many games covering locations and culture in the US. GTA, Mafia, Call of Juarez, Driver are just a few recent titles which are based in both real world and fantasy US locations and time periods.

I cant find too many recent PC titles that covered Italy, the middle east, or Constantinople. Even mafia based games take place in the US not Italy. So while its possible to argue that Revolutionary America is not seen, the US is often seen much more so than any other nation or continent.

I really enjoyed climbing large buildings on all the AC parts..I do not see how this can be achieved in this setting.

From what I know of US cities they were all rather flat with nothing very high to climb. The tall buildings of today weren't around during this time period. So totally agree with this comment too. I don't dislike the US, I just feel it's a boring setting for an AC game.

Scystab
03-06-2012, 09:09 AM
I just hope they won't loose the hidden armory concept.
I have no issue with teh setting, but i am curious: will the ultimate armor be named "the amor of Seattle"? :P j/k

jesusfreak1101
03-06-2012, 07:36 PM
I also think that America is a pretty boring setting... I really enjoyed climbing large buildings on all the AC parts..I do not see how this can be achieved in this setting.

You will be able to travel through the trees ;)

TB_Jaybird
03-07-2012, 08:53 AM
..........but lets make it so easy a 3 year old can win.

I have seen a general "dumbing down" of the franchise since the beginning so i agree with you there. Ubi took a very weird step when they decided on the mini-game den-defense as that reminded me of my console days that i am now considering again.

Setting and the time period does not interest me unless it shows America in it's true horrible form as it was at that time. America is self-centered as it is and does not need any more exposure to it's ideologies no matter what form they take. Punishing your own citizens for crimes committed abroad goes a bit far don't you think? What else did you yanks just sleepwalk into this week as well over there?

I want to know hardware requirements and whether or not we are still kept at dx9 or if UBI is gonna move out of the stone age. This time i want to know a whole heck of a lot more than i did last time before i buy it. If this game has been in dev or three years it better not be dx9 or i will have a fit.

I know you love XP people but come on.

pirate1802
03-07-2012, 09:46 AM
1. I didn't see Connor shooting anyone, except the one time when he stabbed a guy and then pulled the trigger. Ezio did that too.
2. I don't remember enough games with revolutionary america as settings. you can't compare GTA, Mafia and CoJ with it. They were all later periods, and had different feeling.
3. Please visit the other threads which have pictures of american architecture from that period. While they may not have a Galata or Duomo to climb, there were still some high buildings, and by no means they were flat and boring.