PDA

View Full Version : Petition for playing as Desmond in real life with weapons and his own locations

Lonesoldier2012
03-06-2012, 12:37 AM
Like the title says. let's have free roam as Desmond with weapons and his own locations c'mon.

rileypoole1234
03-06-2012, 12:40 AM
Why. Why would you start a petition for this. AC3 is very nearly finished. If it's not in the game now, they'll not be putting it in. Online petitions also never work.

Grazel69
03-06-2012, 12:42 AM
I don't even want to play with Desmond that much, sure it's cool for like 2 minutes but I prefer the old school assassins

Hitokiri_Wrath
03-06-2012, 12:56 AM
I love Desmond gameplay and I'm really hooked on the modern plot. The old-timey story lines have become pretty much secondary. Though I'm sure Desmond will have his own piece of the game for just himself and his own weapons. I suspect a possibility of alternating gameplay where you will play as Desmond up until you have to go into the Animus to get another clue or whatever from Connor. Once you're done with Connor, you'll jump out at again as Desmond and alternate. Or one half is Connor and the other is Desmond.

We have always have to be sure that Ubi is never honest when they say "This will be (insert character)'s last game/adventure". Brotherhood was supposed to be Ezio's end, then they made Revelations. Desmond could possibly have his own game.

The13Doctors
03-06-2012, 12:58 AM
why. Why would you start a petition for this. Ac3 is very nearly finished. If it's not in the game now, they'll not be putting it in. Online petitions also never work.

sopa.

Jexx21
03-06-2012, 01:04 AM
I love Desmond gameplay and I'm really hooked on the modern plot. The old-timey story lines have become pretty much secondary. Though I'm sure Desmond will have his own piece of the game for just himself and his own weapons. I suspect a possibility of alternating gameplay where you will play as Desmond up until you have to go into the Animus to get another clue or whatever from Connor. Once you're done with Connor, you'll jump out at again as Desmond and alternate. Or one half is Connor and the other is Desmond.

We have always have to be sure that Ubi is never honest when they say "This will be (insert character)'s last game/adventure". Brotherhood was supposed to be Ezio's end, then they made Revelations. Desmond could possibly have his own game.

The only game I ever remember UbiSoft saying would be Ezio's last adventure was Revelations. And it's Altair's and Ezio's last game.

ElDoucherino
03-06-2012, 01:11 AM
Like the title says. let's have free roam as Desmond with weapons and his own locations c'mon.

I think it's little too late for that...and I wouldn't sign any such thing as I would much rather have more Connor gameplay then Desmond.

SleezeRocker
03-06-2012, 02:53 AM
...So who wants bbq ribs?

LoveTwisted
03-06-2012, 02:55 AM
...So who wants bbq ribs?

I'm down

kriegerdesgottes
03-06-2012, 02:56 AM
No thanks. I'll take as much history/ancestor as possible and as little Desmond as possible.

SleezeRocker
03-06-2012, 02:59 AM
I'm down Alright! you in the arizona area? :)

LoveTwisted
03-06-2012, 03:00 AM
Alright! you in the arizona area? :)

Connecticut :p

Calvarok
03-06-2012, 03:07 AM
The great thing about this game is that it's almost finished, and they're going to be spending most of their time polishing it. So there's yet another reason why these increasingly banal petitions have no purpose.

As to the thing you want: since it's Desmond's last game, I think we'll probably play as him, bub.

SleezeRocker
03-06-2012, 03:08 AM
Connecticut :p ah..ill hunt you buffalo in ac3 hahaha Lol

LoveTwisted
03-06-2012, 03:11 AM
ah..ill hunt you buffalo in ac3 hahaha Lol

Lol I was thinking something like that

GeneralTrumbo
03-06-2012, 07:04 AM
Of course I think they should do something for Desmond in modern-days. Maybe not have the whole focus of the game be that, but a lot of it. I would like a huge game with some additions for Desmond as well. That would be nice.

GeneralTrumbo
03-06-2012, 07:06 AM
I think it's little too late for that...and I wouldn't sign any such thing as I would much rather have more Connor gameplay then Desmond.
Of course there should be more Connor gameplay than Desmond, but Desmond should still have a good amount of gameplay to himself as well.

GeneralTrumbo
03-06-2012, 07:07 AM
No thanks. I'll take as much history/ancestor as possible and as little Desmond as possible.
Do you care at all for the story? I am interested to know.

Calvarok
03-06-2012, 07:07 AM
As I said, the game is basically done. They've already made whatever decisions they did regarding how much Desmond gameplay there is.

GeneralTrumbo
03-06-2012, 07:09 AM
As I said, the game is basically done. They've already made whatever decisions they did regarding how much Desmond gameplay there is.
It has already been confirmed there will be a lot of significant events evolving Desmond, other than the puzzle-based gameplay(which is also returning in some form).

LordWolv
03-06-2012, 07:09 AM
No. The game is done, with tweaks here and there.

GeneralTrumbo
03-06-2012, 07:12 AM
No. The game is done, with tweaks here and there.
But, that isn't to say that they didn't already add this stuff he is suggesting, involving Desmond. Just saying...

Calvarok
03-06-2012, 07:17 AM
Whellp, we can pretty much close this topic then.

Lonesoldier2012
03-06-2012, 08:32 AM
Whellp, we can pretty much close this topic then.
There is still the reason to talk if this stuff is already n the game.

ElDoucherino
03-06-2012, 10:19 AM
Of course there should be more Connor gameplay than Desmond, but Desmond should still have a good amount of gameplay to himself as well.

I am aware that Connor gameplay will be the major part of the game...what I was trying to say was that i if able to choose rather have more Connor gameplay then they building modern day New York for Desmond to free roam. I would be quite satisified if Desmonds part were only limited to the Grand Temple...

Jamison_J_B
03-06-2012, 10:24 AM
It has already been confirmed there will be a lot of significant events evolving Desmond, other than the puzzle-based gameplay(which is also returning in some form).

Link please!

I for one want to play as Desmond. You can't have 5 games, plus 3 other portable ones, with the memories of one person, and not end it properly. Such a thing would feel utterly cheap.

LightRey
03-06-2012, 10:47 AM
sopa.

Very true. I know for a fact that online petitions do work and often too. I've signed Avaaz petitions regularly for over a year now and most of the petitions I've signed were successful.

GeneralTrumbo
03-06-2012, 11:08 AM
I am aware that Connor gameplay will be the major part of the game...what I was trying to say was that i if able to choose rather have more Connor gameplay then they building modern day New York for Desmond to free roam. I would be quite satisified if Desmonds part were only limited to the Grand Temple...
Even then, he should be allowed to roam the open field the Grand Temple is located in.

Calvarok
03-06-2012, 11:20 AM
Very true. I know for a fact that online petitions do work and often too. I've signed Avaaz petitions regularly for over a year now and most of the petitions I've signed were successful.
Petitions don't work when it's a bunch of people on a forum worrying about a game. For big issues where there are moral implications and press attention, petitions work. This will NEVER make it onto the news.

But the main reason it won't work is that it's actually too late to make Desmond a bigger part of the game than they've already made him. Whatever's been done, it's done. So there is literally nothing that a petition could accomplish.

GeneralTrumbo
03-06-2012, 11:27 AM
Link please!

I for one want to play as Desmond. You can't have 5 games, plus 3 other portable ones, with the memories of one person, and not end it properly. Such a thing would feel utterly cheap.
I will get in trouble for posting actual things. So, I will quote the Game Informer article.

" "There will be significant events involving Desmond," Hutchinson says. As the most important carryover character from previous installments, you can bet Desmond plays a big part this time around. Finally free of the coma that dominated his scenes in Revelations, Desmond has some important work to do. Some predictions place the end of the world in 2012, and that time is approaching in both the game's fiction and the real world." "-Quoted from Game Informer.

" "After the events of Revelations, don't expect anymore mysteries from Subject 16 anytime soon. But, that doesn't mean the team is abandoning this popular concept entirely. "In relation to the puzzles, I'm a big fan of them." May says. "We want to scratch the same itch, but ideally in a way that is just as refreshing and exciting, but will not be an identical copy-paste." "-Quote from Game Informer.

"While built from the beginning as a fresh jumping-on point to draw in new fans, longtime players may be in for the biggest treat with Assassins Creed III. The lingering questions of a long-dangling story thread loom large. Desmond's story has always been set in the final months of the year 2012, when several plot elements coolesce toward a catastrophic world-wide event. As this latest game arrives during these same months, real-world and in-game events will collide, and both new fans and old will uncover the root of a conspiracy years in the making."-Quote from Game Informer.

I really like the line "real-world and in-game events will collide". What do people recon this means? It sounds really interesting and sounds like the game is taking an even bigger leap towards real life.

GeneralTrumbo
03-06-2012, 11:28 AM
Petitions don't work when it's a bunch of people on a forum worrying about a game. For big issues where there are moral implications and press attention, petitions work. This will NEVER make it onto the news.

But the main reason it won't work is that it's actually too late to make Desmond a bigger part of the game than they've already made him. Whatever's been done, it's done. So there is literally nothing that a petition could accomplish.
By all the stuff that has been said, he plays a bigger role than ever this time.

LightRey
03-06-2012, 12:11 PM

Oh, that's very true. I'm just saying don't generalize the concept.

ProletariatPleb
03-06-2012, 12:51 PM
Assassin's Creed - "History is our Playground".

GeneralTrumbo
03-06-2012, 01:00 PM
Assassin's Creed - "History is our Playground".
While that is true, that doesn't say that the modern time period part of the game is of no important. For Desmond's last game, he should have no less than what this guy is suggesting. It was because of Desmond we were able to see Ezio, because of Desmond we were delivered a fantastic storyline, because of Desmond we were able to see Altair, and now because of Desmond once again we get a satisfying conclusion to the character's story, and because of Desmond we get to see a new assassin-Connor.

ProletariatPleb
03-06-2012, 01:05 PM
While that is true, that doesn't say that the modern time period part of the game is of no important. For Desmond's last game, he should have no less than what this guy is suggesting. It was because of Desmond we were able to see Ezio, because of Desmond we were delivered a fantastic storyline, because of Desmond we were able to see Altair, and now because of Desmond once again we get a satisfying conclusion to the character's story, and because of Desmond we get to see a new assassin-Connor.
I'm not entirely sure if OP wants Desmond PARTS in the game or a Desmond game, because honestly, I play AC because of my fascination for History and swords, knives stabbing weapons...and archery...non-modern stuff.

Now I'm not saying remove Desmond, but the Game would still be awesome without him, so I don't see much reason.
Plus, ACIII is almost complete, a little too late.

GeneralTrumbo
03-06-2012, 01:08 PM
I'm not entirely sure if OP wants Desmond PARTS in the game or a Desmond game, because honestly, I play AC because of my fascination for History and swords, knives stabbing weapons...and archery...non-modern stuff.

Now I'm not saying remove Desmond, but the Game would still be awesome without him, so I don't see much reason.
Read one of my older posts, please. They have implemented things of importance for Desmond in the game. And he is asking for Desmond PARTS in the game. He is just asking that they give him more relevance this time around.

ProletariatPleb
03-06-2012, 01:13 PM
Read one of my older posts, please. They have implemented things of importance for Desmond in the game. And he is asking for Desmond PARTS in the game. He is just asking that they give him more relevance this time around.
I read that, I'm not saying anything about that, but what OP said "Like the title says. let's have free roam as Desmond with weapons and his own locations c'mon."
"Weapons, own location" part.

Jamison_J_B
03-06-2012, 01:37 PM
I will get in trouble for posting actual things. So, I will quote the Game Informer article.

" "There will be significant events involving Desmond," Hutchinson says. As the most important carryover character from previous installments, you can bet Desmond plays a big part this time around. Finally free of the coma that dominated his scenes in Revelations, Desmond has some important work to do. Some predictions place the end of the world in 2012, and that time is approaching in both the game's fiction and the real world." "-Quoted from Game Informer.

" "After the events of Revelations, don't expect anymore mysteries from Subject 16 anytime soon. But, that doesn't mean the team is abandoning this popular concept entirely. "In relation to the puzzles, I'm a big fan of them." May says. "We want to scratch the same itch, but ideally in a way that is just as refreshing and exciting, but will not be an identical copy-paste." "-Quote from Game Informer.

"While built from the beginning as a fresh jumping-on point to draw in new fans, longtime players may be in for the biggest treat with Assassins Creed III. The lingering questions of a long-dangling story thread loom large. Desmond's story has always been set in the final months of the year 2012, when several plot elements coolesce toward a catastrophic world-wide event. As this latest game arrives during these same months, real-world and in-game events will collide, and both new fans and old will uncover the root of a conspiracy years in the making."-Quote from Game Informer.

I really like the line "real-world and in-game events will collide". What do people recon this means? It sounds really interesting and sounds like the game is taking an even bigger leap towards real life.

Thank you, GeneralTrumbo. I believe that I am satisfied.

I suppose ubisoft means that with all the mayan calender, hopi predictions and such, that the idea of doomsday on december 21st, 2012 will simply be addressed in the game. Real world mentality coupled with the in-game events.

GeneralTrumbo
03-06-2012, 02:25 PM
I read that, I'm not saying anything about that, but what OP said "Like the title says. let's have free roam as Desmond with weapons and his own locations c'mon."
"Weapons, own location" part.
I think he should get his own area to run around I guess. Like that field he is in right now in New York would work.

reddragonhrcro
03-06-2012, 03:01 PM
I think he should get his own area to run around I guess. Like that field he is in right now in New York would work.

Hopefully we get to play around with him after we beat the game as in the end of ACB it wasn´t possible anymore

Lonesoldier2012
03-06-2012, 08:12 PM

I love the history parts. i just want to play as Desmond as well.