PDA

View Full Version : 1789

JumpInTheFire13
03-06-2012, 12:15 AM
One of the reasons why I previously thought AC3 would be set in the French Revolution is because it began in 1789. 89-17=72, and, as some of you may know, the number 72 is fairly significant in AC. I know AC3 takes place from 1753 to 1783, but do you think there's a possibility that we will see something important unfold in 1789?

Gil_217
03-06-2012, 12:20 AM
C'mon now!!

Only in DLC that's possible, but I don't even believe it.

Grazel69
03-06-2012, 12:30 AM
17+55= 72
And i'm guessing 1755 is Connor's birthday
yes I know they said the game's gonna start from 1753 but I explained why I think that in another thread already
short: Charles Lee only came to america somewhere after 1754 and married a Mohawk woman in 1755 so that seems like not too big of a longshot

JumpInTheFire13
03-06-2012, 12:33 AM
I never even thought of that Grazel. That's probably what the reference to 72 will be then, if there is one at all.

LightRey
03-06-2012, 11:57 AM
That's a little far-fetched, OP. Be careful with numbers. It's very easy to manipulate numbers to "magically" glorify one specific number.

GeneralTrumbo
03-06-2012, 12:00 PM
I never even thought of that Grazel. That's probably what the reference to 72 will be then, if there is one at all.
Were you even listening to what Shaun said the meaning of 72 was? 72 represents the 72 names of God.

LightRey
03-06-2012, 12:04 PM
Were you even listening to what Shaun said the meaning of 72 was? 72 represents the 72 names of God.

There may be more to it than that. When they talked about it at the end of ACB there seemed to be the suggestion that it was more significant than they thought.

GeneralTrumbo
03-06-2012, 12:06 PM
There may be more to it than that. When they talked about it at the end of ACB there seemed to be the suggestion that it was more significant than they thought.
Which I think had to do with that triangle.

The13Doctors
03-06-2012, 12:08 PM
17+55= 72
And i'm guessing 1755 is Connor's birthday
yes I know they said the game's gonna start from 1753 but I explained why I think that in another thread already
short: Charles Lee only came to america somewhere after 1754 and married a Mohawk woman in 1755 so that seems like not too big of a longshot

Oh! Skadoosh! I was right! F* Yeah!

LightRey
03-06-2012, 12:17 PM
Which I think had to do with that triangle.

Quite likely. There's also something about Pythagoras in the never officially released PL files which refers to said triangle suggesting that 72 is the Pythagorean Unifier (the ideal number), mentioned in The Da Vinci Disappearance.

The13Doctors
03-06-2012, 12:21 PM
Quite likely. There's also something about Pythagoras in the never officially released PL files which refers to said triangle suggesting that 72 is the Pythagorean Unifier (the ideal number), mentioned in The Da Vinci Disappearance.

PL files? What's that?

Also, anyone thought of checking real life relations to this?

GeneralTrumbo
03-06-2012, 12:24 PM
PL files? What's that?

There is all kinds of real-life theories involving the number 72 and the Pythagorean Triangle.

LightRey
03-06-2012, 12:25 PM
PL files? What's that?

PL = Project Legacy. There are some PDF's you can download containing stuff that was supposed to eventually be released on PL, but never was.

GeneralTrumbo
03-06-2012, 12:39 PM
http://www.ridingthebeast.com/numbers/nu72.php

There you can check out stuff relating to number 72. But, here is SOME stuff I found interesting. A lot of it involves Da Vinci. 72 = The number of divinity within man. The portrait of Mona Lisa is theorized to represent Leonardo Da Vinci as a woman. There were also 72 ceiling boards in The Last Supper painting. I believe it says something similar to this in the bible:"Blessed are he who calculates the number of the beast." The number of the beast is "666". 66+6=72. (6+6)*6=72. 72 is also represented as the guide to finding God or something. The remains of 72 were found at the World Trade Center. The volume of Saturn is 72 times that of the Earth. 72% of the human body is composed of water. The number 72 is used 4 times in the bible. In the bible, 72 numbers written in their cardinal form are multiple of twelve. The 72 disciples sent by Jesus. -Represents the number of the Earth, etc.

Some people have had the number 72 come up several times in their dreams.

And then, of course, the 72 names of God. This has some stuff to do with meditation, which tells me that some of the creators of AC were into this.

GeneralTrumbo
03-06-2012, 12:48 PM
It is a very significant number...

iNJW
03-06-2012, 12:57 PM
Mindfu.... this thread is seriously clever in my eyes, never payed attention to the number really, thought it was just coincidence in bro'hood, but now everytime i see the number im gonna just be like 'O.o' i did just look at page 72 in the bible but found nothing of interest. life sucks...

GeneralTrumbo
03-06-2012, 01:02 PM
Mindfu.... this thread is seriously clever in my eyes, never payed attention to the number really, thought it was just coincidence in bro'hood, but now everytime i see the number im gonna just be like 'O.o' i did just look at page 72 in the bible but found nothing of interest. life sucks...
Well, all Bibles are structured differently. The size of the text, page size, etc.

The13Doctors
03-06-2012, 01:09 PM
http://www.ridingthebeast.com/numbers/nu72.php

There you can check out stuff relating to number 72. But, here is SOME stuff I found interesting. A lot of it involves Da Vinci. 72 = The number of divinity within man. The portrait of Mona Lisa is theorized to represent Leonardo Da Vinci as a woman. There were also 72 ceiling boards in The Last Supper painting. I believe it says something similar to this in the bible:"Blessed are he who calculates the number of the beast." The number of the beast is "666". 66+6=72. (6+6)*6=72. 72 is also represented as the guide to finding God or something. The remains of 72 were found at the World Trade Center. The volume of Saturn is 72 times that of the Earth. 72% of the human body is composed of water. The number 72 is used 4 times in the bible. In the bible, 72 numbers written in their cardinal form are multiple of twelve. The 72 disciples sent by Jesus. -Represents the number of the Earth, etc.

Some people have had the number 72 come up several times in their dreams.

And then, of course, the 72 names of God. This has some stuff to do with meditation, which tells me that some of the creators of AC were into this.

You have no idea how creeped out you just got me with that post. I swear I had one of those movie moments where the camera focuses on the character and they are nervous shouting "No!" and "It can't be!" repeatedly.

72 remains found under WTC, are you sure?!

GeneralTrumbo
03-06-2012, 01:12 PM
You have no idea how creeped out you just got me with that post. I swear I had one of those movie moments where the camera focuses on the character and they are nervous shouting "No!" and "It can't be!" repeatedly.

72 remains found under WTC, are you sure?!
Oh yeah! Dumb me! xD World Trade Center, yep.

GeneralTrumbo
03-06-2012, 01:16 PM
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/7848762/Remains-of-72-people-found-at-World-Trade-Center-site.html

GeneralTrumbo
03-06-2012, 01:20 PM
Pretty crazy how much that number comes up...

The13Doctors
03-06-2012, 01:20 PM
Pretty crazy how much that number comes up...

You are scaring me crapless here. Dammit, why did you give me this knowledge!

My nature will lead me to find out the source of this number, you don't understand what you did. You have literally just changed the course of my life. I am going to find out the meaning of that word, one way or another. This thing is too big to be insignificant.

This is the missing link, the meaning to my being. I am serious, you have just altered the course of the future.

GeneralTrumbo
03-06-2012, 01:21 PM
Of course, they eventually found more remains, but that was the first amount they found.

GeneralTrumbo
03-06-2012, 01:22 PM
You are scaring me crapless here. Dammit, why did you give me this knowledge!

My nature will lead me to find out the source of this number, you don't understand what you did. You have literally just changed the course of my life. I am going to find out the meaning of that word, one way or another. This thing is too big to be insignificant.

This is the missing link, the meaning to my being. I am serious, you have just altered the course of the future.
Pressure, much?

D.I.D.
03-06-2012, 01:23 PM
It's an interesting idea. As Light Rey says, it's extremely easy to manipulate numbers to make things look more significant than they really are, particularly when you introduce sums, and most of all when you have to put guesses into those sums to produce your desired answer. It's a beloved focus of conspiracy theorists because it appears to provide solid-looking answers, but it's a form of confirmation bias.

The13Doctors
03-06-2012, 01:27 PM
Pressure, much?

Who knows, it may be for the better, it may lead me to discover how to unlock the human mind, or World Peace, or I could literally unlock the beast and make the world end.

You have just unleashed the But-terfly Effect. Congrats.

D.I.D.
03-06-2012, 01:29 PM
Who knows, it may be for the better, it may lead me to discover how to unlock the human mind, or World Peace, or I could literally unlock the beast and make the world end.

trololololol :D

GeneralTrumbo
03-06-2012, 01:32 PM
It's an interesting idea. As Light Rey says, it's extremely easy to manipulate numbers to make things look more significant than they really are, particularly when you introduce sums, and most of all when you have to put guesses into those sums to produce your desired answer. It's a beloved focus of conspiracy theorists because it appears to provide solid-looking answers, but it's a form of confirmation bias.
This specific number I find provides more significance than other numbers. It has appeared in people's dreams several times and whatnot. The amount of significance in this number is crazy. Almost all of Leonardo Da Vinci's paintings had the number inputted, which makes sense on the Assassins Creed side of things seeing as the Pythagoream Triangle was put into "Da Vinci Disappearance" DLC.

GeneralTrumbo
03-06-2012, 01:33 PM

I'm going for you making the world end. I think we know what is going to happen on 12/21/12 now!

The13Doctors
03-06-2012, 01:34 PM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/08/25/72-bodies-found-dumped-in_n_693723.html

http://www.dailycal.org/2012/03/05/at-least-72-protesters-arrested-in-march-5-occupation-of-state-capitol-building/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1972

"Never ignore a coincidence... unless you are busy, in that case always ignore a coincidence."

D.I.D.
03-06-2012, 01:38 PM
This specific number I find provides more significance than other numbers. It has appeared in people's dreams several times and whatnot. The amount of significance in this number is crazy. Almost all of Leonardo Da Vinci's paintings had the number inputted, which makes sense on the Assassins Creed side of things seeing as the Pythagoream Triangle was put into "Da Vinci Disappearance" DLC.

Yeah, but you know how people say the same thing about other numbers in life, such as the number 23? Look for a number and you'll see it everywhere, especially if you use other numbers to reach 23 when you can't see it immediately.

You might well be onto something in this game, though. They love conspiracy theories and number significance, all kinds of symbolism, so maybe your idea is in there.

The13Doctors
03-06-2012, 01:40 PM
This will seem a bit farfetched, but hear me out!

What if there is some faction or something bigger out there, putting out hints, subtle clues through that number, to something. I really want to look into that quote.

Blessed are he who calculates the number of the beast
We know that the Human mind is locked, at 10%. What if we are the beast in this phrase? which seems to me like a riddle.

We are the Beast, of which, 72 is our number. We have to somehow calculate it. Once it happens, the "beast" will be unlocked, the true power of the humans, said person would be blessed!

I wasn't kidding, I'm stuck on this. I am not letting it go.
__________________________________________________ __________
EDIT:
Just found the full quote, I literally got goosebumps.

This calls for wisdom: let anyone with understanding calculate the number of the beast, for it is the number of a person. Its number is six hundred sixty-six.

D.I.D.
03-06-2012, 01:44 PM
In fact, to put it another way:

People who love these correlations and misunderstand the nature of mathematical chance will often say that something can't be an accident because "what were the chances of that happening?". This is a religious kind of thinking which shuts down objective analysis. Often when you actually do calculate the chances, they're not as wildly improbable as they seem. A sharp coincidence might involve the number 7893275621 coming up on a regular basis. A one or two digit number, less so.

An objective person might offer a different point of view: how much weirder would it be if there were never any coincidences? Of all the millions of tiny events that happen to you every day, all the pieces of information that fly through your head without you consciously noting all of them, how odd would it be if a good chunk of these things didn't appear to line up?

D.I.D.
03-06-2012, 01:45 PM
http://youarenotsosmart.com/2010/09/11/the-texas-sharpshooter-fallacy/

Grazel69
03-06-2012, 01:49 PM
http://www.dailycal.org/2012/03/05/at-least-72-protesters-arrested-in-march-5-occupation-of-state-capitol-building/

At LEAST 72 people arrested xD r u kidding me now they're just trollin

The13Doctors
03-06-2012, 02:04 PM
At LEAST 72 people arrested xD r u kidding me now they're just trollin

Now, if it is a message?
To draw people in like a moth to a flame, as a test to see if you can find the flame. Everything being unlocked should anyone ever learn to blow it out and take the prize hidden inside.

D.I.D.
03-06-2012, 02:16 PM
Now, if it is a message?
To draw people in like a moth to a flame, as a test to see if you can find the flame. Everything being unlocked should anyone ever learn to blow it out and take the prize hidden inside.

We're through the looking glass, people.

GeneralTrumbo
03-06-2012, 02:17 PM
This will seem a bit farfetched, but hear me out!

What if there is some faction or something bigger out there, putting out hints, subtle clues through that number, to something. I really want to look into that quote.

We know that the Human mind is locked, at 10%. What if we are the beast in this phrase? which seems to me like a riddle.

We are the Beast, of which, 72 is our number. We have to somehow calculate it. Once it happens, the "beast" will be unlocked, the true power of the humans, said person would be blessed!

I wasn't kidding, I'm stuck on this. I am not letting it go.
__________________________________________________ __________
EDIT:
Just found the full quote, I literally got goosebumps.
"Number of a person" can lead me to believe it is the illuminati or something along them lines...

GeneralTrumbo
03-06-2012, 02:20 PM
Or then again, it could just mean Satan.

D.I.D.
03-06-2012, 02:22 PM
Or then again, it could just mean Satan.

This is just a game of troll tennis now isn't it? Shame on me for attempting to respond :(

GeneralTrumbo
03-06-2012, 02:26 PM
This is just a game of troll tennis now isn't it? Shame on me for attempting to respond :(
I was kidding around...Can't I poke a little fun?

The13Doctors
03-06-2012, 02:30 PM
"Number of a person" can lead me to believe it is the illuminati or something along them lines...

Not gonna lie, thought the same thing. Freemasons, Illuminati, Knights Templar (irl). All connected? With this number?

D.I.D.
03-06-2012, 02:32 PM
I was kidding around...Can't I poke a little fun?

:) Of course!

I'm just sad at myself for not realising you were intentionally talking bollocks. I can usually spot a troll pretty well. I guess your thread with the eulogy to Desmond, Ezio and Altair should have tipped me off.

GeneralTrumbo
03-06-2012, 02:38 PM
:) Of course!

I'm just sad at myself for not realising you were intentionally talking bollocks. I can usually spot a troll pretty well. I guess your thread with the eulogy to Desmond, Ezio and Altair should have tipped me off.
I'm not trolling really though, lol...
I wouldn't put this much thought into a troll post...thats just too much effort for something like that. I thought it was making for a pretty good conversation.

The13Doctors
03-06-2012, 02:44 PM
I'm not trolling really though, lol...
I wouldn't put this much thought into a troll post...thats just too much effort for something like that. I thought it was making for a pretty good conversation.

I hope so, I have been serious all the way :eek:

What do we know about Freemasonry, what is it anyways? What is publicly known?

GeneralTrumbo
03-06-2012, 02:48 PM
I hope so, I have been serious all the way :eek:

What do we know about Freemasonry, what is it anyways? What is publicly known?
The definition of a freemason is this:(freemason) a member of a widespread secret fraternal order pledged to mutual assistance and brotherly love.
The theory is that the freemasons hold secret knowledge about God.

zerocooll21
03-06-2012, 02:50 PM
I drive by a freemason buildling everyday, they always have a sign up to come join. Thinking of going undercover :p

GeneralTrumbo
03-06-2012, 02:51 PM
But, they call God by a different name. They call him "The Great Architect".

GeneralTrumbo
03-06-2012, 02:52 PM
I drive by a freemason buildling everyday, they always have a sign up to come join. Thinking of going undercover :p
I have a couple in my town. They actually do rituals and stuff like that, I have seen it. So have many others.

LightRey
03-06-2012, 02:55 PM

Isn't that technically against Freemason principles? They're not supposed to ask people to join.

brick177
03-06-2012, 02:55 PM
Keep in mind what Satan was known for, delivering the knowledge of good and evil to man. He is called Lucifer from the Latin "Lucem Ferre" or "Light Bearer".

One who brings light is one who brings knowledge or removes blindness. God made man to be blissfully ignorant in the garden of Eden. Lucifer tried to give man knowledge and now we cause evil because of it.

The same story is told in Greek mythology. Prometheus stole fire from Zeus and gave it to man. For this act of betrayal he was punished.

There is always some god or angel trying to give knowledge to man and is cast out as being evil for having done so.

The13Doctors
03-06-2012, 02:56 PM
The definition of a freemason is this:(freemason) a member of a widespread secret fraternal order pledged to mutual assistance and brotherly love.
The theory is that the freemasons hold secret knowledge about God.

What are the chances of getting in? This is something I must do. In my life I cannot do just anything, I need something more. These guys may know something else, I can't die without knowledge.

LightRey
03-06-2012, 02:56 PM
Keep in mind what Satan was known for, delivering the knowledge of good and evil to man. He is called Lucifer from the Latin "Lucem Ferre" or "Light Bearer".

One who brings light is one who brings knowledge or removes blindness. God made man to be blissfully ignorant in the garden of Eden. Lucifer tried to give man knowledge and now we cause evil because of it.

The same story is told in Greek mythology. Prometheus stole fire from Zeus and gave it to man. For this act of betrayal he was punished.

There is always some god or angel trying to give knowledge to man and is cast out as being evil for having done so.

Actually, Lucifer =/= Satan.

What are the chances of getting in? This is something I must do. In my life I cannot do just anything, I need something more. These guys may know something else, I can't die without knowledge.

You only need to be male, believe in a supreme being and ask them (they can't ask you).

zerocooll21
03-06-2012, 02:59 PM
Isn't that technically against Freemason principles? They're not supposed to ask people to join.

Thats what I thought too! I might stop by one day just to see haha.

LightRey
03-06-2012, 03:01 PM
Thats what I thought too! I might stop by one day just to see haha.

I guess maybe they can if they're not asking anyone specifically.

brick177
03-06-2012, 03:04 PM
True, I guess Satan is not technically Lucifer. Also, Satan is not technically the snake in the garden of Eden. But they are often all lumped together. Satan didn't exist until the New Testament and then the Church decided to pretend Satan was in the Old Testament.

GeneralTrumbo
03-06-2012, 03:05 PM
They will accept anyone who believes in a Supreme being and asks them to join. I think this is because they don't give you knowledge. They want you to go in search of it.

LightRey
03-06-2012, 03:07 PM
True, I guess Satan is not technically Lucifer. Also, Satan is not technically the snake in the garden of Eden. But they are often all lumped together. Satan didn't exist until the New Testament and then the Church decided to pretend Satan was in the Old Testament.

True. They took several different figures from the old testament and proclaimed that all of them were Satan.

They will accept anyone who believes in a Supreme being and asks them to join. I think this is because they don't give you knowledge. They want you to go in search of it.

Well that's not entirely true. You have to be male and you have to have a decent reputation (usually comes down to having no serious criminal record I believe).

The13Doctors
03-06-2012, 03:08 PM

This got me a bit shaky. I am known to be someone off knowledge among my closest friends. I feel as I have not only have the knowledge of well that. I am a serene person. I have been referenced as a monk at once because I am so at peace and have an understanding of the world while remaining bliss. Here's the part that scares me.

I have shared my "knowledge", tried to help some people understand as I have. In one case it made a person made small unnoticeable changes for the better. In the second case it turned the person well, wretched. I changed that person completely. To a point that scared me, quite literally. It have me a moment of thinking that I could be.. well *shudders*

This masonry stuff intrigues me, well not restricted to masonry, this whole discussion.

Now please, continue.

GeneralTrumbo
03-06-2012, 03:10 PM
True. They took several different figures from the old testament and proclaimed that all of them were Satan.

Well that's not entirely true. You have to be male and you have to have a decent reputation (usually comes down to having no serious criminal record I believe).
I know, I just figured you covered all that anyway :P

LightRey
03-06-2012, 03:15 PM
I know, I just figured you covered all that anyway :P

k just making sure. :P

It's funny how they've been associated with all these conspiracy theories. Really all available evidence suggests that their lodges are just more mature and larger scale versions of "No gurlz allowed" tree houses.

brick177
03-06-2012, 03:15 PM
There's nothing wrong with being the bearer of knowledge. Just always understand that ignorance is bliss and to destroy ignorance with knowledge is to open up the door to both good and evil.

This is the core conflict of the Assassins and Templars. The Templars believe that ignorance leads to peace but only through maintaining order. Assassins believe that knowledge leads to peace but only when that knowledge is used for good.

The eternal question remains. Is it better to let people be ignorant and hope their leader is good, or educate people and hope they choose good?

brick177
03-06-2012, 03:17 PM
Order of the Eastern Star is the female organization associated with Freemasons.

I should clarify though, that men can join the OES as well.

kudos17
03-06-2012, 03:27 PM

Just thought I'd throw my opinion in here, as irrelevant as it may be to this situation.

The whole situation is somewhat a cliche. The supposed "bad guy" tries to do good, but he is naive, and ends up paying for his mistake. He's seen as an outcast, written off as a bogeyman, made to be the enemy. The truth is that he may be none of these things. Then two splits come in to play - he either seeks to prove/redeem himself or obtain revenge for his poor treatment.

Again, probably irrelevant to this whole conspiracy dilemma, but food for thought. Remember: stories don't just spring up, no matter how original. If there's a common theme, there is a common source. Every fiction has some fact.

brick177
03-06-2012, 03:30 PM
That is a question I have to seriously deal with. People look to me for advice, because they see how I've turned out, the peace I live in. Although I'm scared to even speak anymore. I seriously f'd my friend up with knowledge. Dropped out and is now in a depressive state of which he can't get out of. Now I have a close friend looking up to me as a guru, practically begging for my "wisdom", as she calls it.

(I am wondering if anyone is taking me seriously)
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________

That is all irrelevant. Point being, I am searching for world/life knowledge, I am going to look into Masonry.

Maybe this is why keepers of knowledge don't offer it freely but ensure that those who seek the knowledge are both worthy and ready to know it.

Xenoxin
03-06-2012, 04:03 PM
Just to spice things up:

The number of languages spoken at the Tower of Babylon (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tower_of_Babylon).
The conventional number of scholars translating the Septuagint (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Septuagint), according to the legendary account in the "Letter of Aristeas (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pseudo-Aristeas)".
The conventional number of disciples sent forth (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seventy_Apostles) by Jesus in Luke 10 in some manuscripts (seventy in others).
The number of names of God, according to Kabbalah (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kabbalah) (see names of God in Judaism (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Names_of_God_in_Judaism)).
The Shemhamphorasch (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shemhamphorasch) related to the number of the names of God.
The total number of books in the Holy Bible (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holy_Bible) in the Catholic (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catholic) version if the Book of Lamentations is considered part of the Book of Jeremiah.
The current distribution of the Book of Revelation (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Book_of_Revelation) is 22 chapters, adopted since the 13th century, but the oldest known division of the text is that the Greek commentator Andrew of Cesary (6th century) in 72 chapters.
The number of warriors on the Muslim side at the Battle of Badr (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Badr).
The number of people martyred along with Imam Hussain (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Imam_Hussain) at the Battle of Karbala (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Karbala).
The number of soldiers who will fight alongside Imam Mahdi (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mahdi) against the Dajjal (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dajjal), according to Islamic ahadith (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ahadith) are 313 not 72.
The 72 old men of the synagogue, according to the Zohar.
The number of houri (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Houri) each Muslim martyr (or every Muslim male, according to some ahadith (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ahadith)) shall receive as companions in Paradise.
The degrees of the Jacob's ladder (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jacob%27s_ladder) were to the number of 72, according to the Zohar (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zohar).
The 72 disciples of Confucius (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confucius).
Thoth (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thoth), in an Egyptian creation myth, wins a 72nd of each day of the year from the Moon in a game of draughts, as a favour to Nut (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nut_%28goddess%29), the Sky Goddess. He uses these portions to make the five intercalary days on which the remaining Gods and Goddesses are born.[1] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/72_%28number%29#cite_note-0)
The good god Osiris (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Osiris) was enclosed in a coffin by 72 evil disciples and accomplices of Set (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Set_%28mythology%29).[2] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/72_%28number%29#cite_note-1)
It is the number of the Immortals of Taoism (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taoism).
At the age of the puberty, the young Parsee received the investiture of the sacred cord Kucti made of 72 linens in symbol of the community.
In Cao Dai (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cao_Dai), the number of planets between hell and heaven.

D.I.D.
03-06-2012, 04:06 PM
:D

1. Just pick a number, any number. Then type it into Wikipedia with "(number)" added (i.e. "27 (number)")
2. ?????
3. CONSPIRACY http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/27_(number) (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/27_%28number%29)

The13Doctors
03-06-2012, 04:14 PM
:D

1. Just pick a number, any number. Then type it into Wikipedia with "(number)" added (i.e. "27 (number)")
2. ?????
3. CONSPIRACY http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/27_(number) (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/27_%28number%29)

Any event means nothing. All these religious factors are converging though.

D.I.D.
03-06-2012, 04:20 PM
Any event means nothing. All these religious factors are converging though.

Note that the first number I chose, just by reversing the OP's 72, has a ton of occult and religious connections. You can ignore them if you want, but if you do then you're engaging in exactly the editing job I was describing earlier. This is why I posted that article about the Texas Sharp-Shooter Fallacy. You should read it, if you're really not trolling, and you do sound so very trolly.

http://youarenotsosmart.com/2010/09/11/the-texas-sharpshooter-fallacy/

GeneralTrumbo
03-06-2012, 04:22 PM
This entire thread is seriously scaring the crap out of me. Many of the things some of you guys are saying depicts me. I've got to meditate for a bit (yes, I meditate).
Meditation is good. It helps free your mind. Some people have claimed to talk to "People who existed before humans", which is what I think is part of what happened to Corey May, one of the main writers of the AC franchise.

The13Doctors
03-06-2012, 04:25 PM
Meditation is good. It helps free your mind. Some people have claimed to talk to "People who existed before humans", which is what I think is part of what happened to Corey May, one of the main writers of the AC franchise.

Please, elaborate!

GeneralTrumbo
03-06-2012, 04:27 PM
I read the Texas point, didn't read the 27 thing.

__________________________________________________ ___________________________

I- I uh can't atlk about it anymore. I'm getting spooked. I just had a random quick blackout for a few seconds. Felt that someone was around me, checked the front door, the top latch was unlocked although I distinctly remember I closed it. I had a feeling that I wasn't alone, nonetheless, I checked all rooms. Nothing. I felt like eyes were on me. Then I returned. I was gone for about a minute, maybe a bit more. I'm afraid what the outcome would have been if I had counted the seconds.
I've felt like that before when talking about stuff like this. Just ignore it and move on. Trust me, it helps you feel better.

GeneralTrumbo
03-06-2012, 04:29 PM
Please, elaborate!
I don't like getting into all that. That just seems like a whooollllleeee other spiritual path...but I have done my fair share of research...

GeneralTrumbo
03-06-2012, 04:32 PM
If you're into all that, google "pleiadians". They share characteristics of TWCB...like I said, I myself am not too into all that.

LightRey
03-06-2012, 04:39 PM
I'm too deep into this to just stop now. I can't just let it go and pretend nothing is going on. I do believe in a factor in life that cannot be seen. Be it connects all life, or all reality, binds all humans, or all earthlings, i don't know. I believe there's an invisible factor in life, where convenient coincidences just happen. I once was talking on the phone about A.51, me and my friend simultaneously decided to stop talking about the subject. 10 seconds after that declaration, and I am SO F___ SERIOUS about THIS!, I was told that my little cousin disappeared. Things like this creep me out. It's best to just look the other way and ignore things like these, but I can't

I have WAAAAAY too much of a Curious nature. I can't help it.

"Never ignore a coincidence" someone once said.

You first have to determine whether it's actually a strange coincidence, or just something to be expected if you do the math.

GeneralTrumbo
03-06-2012, 04:41 PM
I'm too deep into this to just stop now. I can't just let it go and pretend nothing is going on. I do believe in a factor in life that cannot be seen. Be it connects all life, or all reality, binds all humans, or all earthlings, i don't know. I believe there's an invisible factor in life, where convenient coincidences just happen. I once was talking on the phone about A.51, me and my friend simultaneously decided to stop talking about the subject. 10 seconds after that declaration, and I am SO F___ SERIOUS about THIS!, I was told that my little cousin disappeared. Things like this creep me out. It's best to just look the other way and ignore things like these, but I can't

I have WAAAAAY too much of a Curious nature. I can't help it.

"Never ignore a coincidence" someone once said.

At least point me in the right direction, I may need this!
I am the exact same way. I used to go deep into the research of Illuminati constantly and then I started hearing my name being called out to me ALL THE TIME and felt like someone was watching me ALL THE TIME. Actually, a couple weeks ago, and mind you I never told the friend about this, HE started hearing my name being called out to him. It kind of creeped me out knowing I had the same experience, but the fact that creeped me was that HE heard it. It was waayyyy too coincidental. That is why I believe that you shouldn't always ignore coincidences.

GeneralTrumbo
03-06-2012, 04:41 PM
You first have to determine whether it's actually a strange coincidence, or just something to be expected if you do the math.
Sometimes things are coincidences, other times I think they happen for a reason and aren't.

LightRey
03-06-2012, 04:43 PM
Sometimes things are coincidences, other times I think they happen for a reason and aren't.
Possibly, but generally I don't think it is my place to judge which it is.

D.I.D.
03-06-2012, 04:44 PM
I feel like asking, "Cards on the table, lads: who's mental?", but I'll try something else.

Another number off the top of my head: 19.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/19_%28number%29

Religion Islam

The number of angels (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angel) guarding Hell (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hell) ("Hellfire") according to the Qur'an (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qur%27an): "Over it is nineteen" (74 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al-Muddaththir):30).
The Number of Verse (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ayah) and Sura (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sura) together in the Qur'an which announces Jesus son of Maryam's (Mary's) birth (Qur'an 19:19).
Some people have claimed that patterns of the number 19 is present an unusual number of times in the Qurʾān.[1] (http://miraclesofthequran.com/mathematical_03.html)[2] (http://19.org/478/nineteen-gods-signature-in-nature-and-scripture-examples/)

Baha'i faith In the Bábí (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/B%C3%A1bism) and Bahá'í (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bah%C3%A1%27%C3%AD_Faith) faiths, a group of 19 is called a Váhid, a Unity (Arabic (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arabic_language): واحد wāhid, "one"). The numerical value of this word in the Abjad numeral system (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abjad_numerals) is 19.

The Bahá'í calendar (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bah%C3%A1%27%C3%AD_calendar) is structured such that a year contains 19 months of 19 days each (along with the intercalary (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intercalary) period of Ayyám-i-Há (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ayy%C3%A1m-i-H%C3%A1)), as well as a 19-year cycle and a 361-year (19x19) supercycle.
The Báb (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/B%C3%A1b) and his disciples (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Letters_of_the_Living) formed a group of 19.
There were 19 Apostles of Bahá'u'lláh (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apostles_of_Bah%C3%A1%27u%27ll%C3%A1h).

In that link you'll find all kinds of fun stuff about geometry and so on too. It sounds good, because we have ancient maths and ancient religious stories, but it's nothing. I just thought of a number and looked at it.

We've just been talking about Benjamin Franklin and the Hellfire Club in another thread, and here's a mention of angels and Hellfire. It's a neat coincidence, but it's not meaningful.

Goxxi
03-06-2012, 04:46 PM
Ah there will be more topics about 1789 and French Revolution.

I could bet there will be a game which takes place there , probably something similar like Brotherhood and Revelations but only with Connor as protagonist and with AC3 engine.
Also is possible that new AC game for PSVita and NDS will take place from 1789 untill the beggining of 1800's

Who knows maybe the Connor was a revolutionist and maybe the American Revolution is not the only one that he's participated and It not difficult to find a link in the story and events which connects American and French Revolution.

Honestly I don't bealive that Connor story ends in AC3.

And even If Desmond would menaged to save the world maybe after that he will want to go back to Animus and to see what's happened with Connor.

GeneralTrumbo
03-06-2012, 04:49 PM
I am at the front porch of a breakdown right now :confused:
As soon as I pressed Post Reply on that last message, I SWEAR, I heard the front door creak open. I practically felt it. I went there and nothing has changed. I am starting to feel weird now. Don't take this as a reference to S16, but I may be experiencing dementia, then again I don't actually know what dementia really is.

All i know is that I know what I heard, the door opened, I could feel it. But even now, there's someone or something watching me, I'm freaked now.
Turn on television. It helps. Get yourself distracted by other things.

GeneralTrumbo
03-06-2012, 04:50 PM
I think that everyone is forgetting that we are on a video game forum talking about such controversial things. Although, I do think it is amazing that there is a video game out there that causes such to happen.

misterB2001
03-06-2012, 04:57 PM
This thread is troll-tastic!

GeneralTrumbo
03-06-2012, 04:57 PM
Lol.

GeneralTrumbo
03-06-2012, 04:58 PM
This thread is troll-tastic!
I don't think anyone really had the intention to troll. I think some people are just getting way into the conversation though.

GeneralTrumbo
03-06-2012, 04:59 PM
No! There's no real reason why I have a Hammer and a blade together in the same hand in a position in which I can swiftly arm them.

Of course I can harm some creepy back spirits trying to haunt me.

I'm going to meditate again.
Please do.

I_Love_AC
03-06-2012, 05:05 PM
You mother ****ing idiots! Wow! Are some people taking this dumb **** seriously??! I have never heard such mother ****ing ******ed **** in my life!

I_Love_AC
03-06-2012, 05:08 PM
Because the talk in the last 5 pages were all about reality, not AC.

REALITY?!?! Thats like saying Jesus existed at one point! DUMB *** ******ED ****ING MOTHER ****ING *****

D.I.D.
03-06-2012, 05:09 PM
Thread is now trollnip.

The13Doctors
03-06-2012, 05:28 PM
This thread was about the French Revolution o.o

GeneralTrumbo
03-06-2012, 05:29 PM
REALITY?!?! Thats like saying Jesus existed at one point! DUMB *** ******ED ****ING MOTHER ****ING *****
Actually, there is historical records that Jesus Christ in fact existed.

GeneralTrumbo
03-06-2012, 05:29 PM
This thread was about the French Revolution o.o
Funny how a thread can completely change, eh?

LightRey
03-06-2012, 05:30 PM
Thread is now trollnip.

All threads are trollnip.

Steww-
03-06-2012, 06:06 PM
When (if) Ubisoft do go on to make another AC game then I think the French Revolution would be an interesting setting, and they do love their 72s so this would probably be brought up. AC:B had 72 missions oO

GeneralTrumbo
03-06-2012, 06:37 PM
When (if) Ubisoft do go on to make another AC game then I think the French Revolution would be an interesting setting, and they do love their 72s so this would probably be brought up. AC:B had 72 missions oO
Wow...did it really??

zerocooll21
03-06-2012, 06:42 PM
STFU hahahaha! Now see I wonder if THAT was planned.

GeneralTrumbo
03-06-2012, 06:44 PM
STFU hahahaha! Now see I wonder if THAT was planned.
Nope purely coincidental.(sarcasm)

Steww-
03-06-2012, 06:44 PM
If you can be bothered loading it up -
Go to statistics, then look at the completed missions (if you've done them all).

LightRey
03-06-2012, 06:46 PM
Wow...did it really??

Pretty sure it wasn't 72 missions, but 72 memories that are part of the main sequence.

JumpInTheFire13
03-07-2012, 12:52 AM
Everybody must be on a different time zone than me. I started this yesterday an now I come back and there's 10 pages of posts. As a matter of fact, I started it at 11:15, and 11+15=.... Oh, nevermind. Hahaha people are taking this so seriously. I was just curious if anybody thought that number would be significant in AC3.

And did some of The13Doc's posts get deleted? Some of them are quoted but the original post isn't there.

The13Doctors
03-07-2012, 12:57 AM
Everybody must be on a different time zone than me. I started this yesterday an now I come back and there's 10 pages of posts. As a matter of fact, I started it at 11:15, and 11+15=.... Oh, nevermind. Hahaha people are taking this so seriously. I was just curious if anybody thought that number would be significant in AC3.

And did some of The13Doc's posts get deleted? Some of them are quoted but the original post isn't there.

Yeah, but that was my doing.

Lonesoldier2012
03-07-2012, 12:57 AM
Actually, there is historical records that Jesus Christ in fact existed.

Fact.

JumpInTheFire13
03-07-2012, 01:00 AM
Yeah, but that was my doing.
May I ask why?

The13Doctors
03-07-2012, 01:31 AM
May I ask why?

Read the responses

kudos17
03-08-2012, 12:10 AM
The new "number 23"? :p

Pattern recognition, guys. Humans are known for it. Don't freak yourself out.

That said, don't dig too deep. There ARE conspiracies out there, but you don't know about them. You never will. If you have rumours of one, it's fake. The real ones are never shown. You'll drive yourself insane if you try to uncover them.

... Or you'll get killed by Templars. Either one.

JumpInTheFire13
03-08-2012, 12:49 AM
Well somebody obivously discovers them. How else would they get created?

Actually, since you know so much about this, maybe you're the one starting them... KUDOS IS A TEMPLAR