PDA

View Full Version : new weapon, rope? and dlc for AC3

DavisP92
03-05-2012, 10:40 PM
http://www.complex.com/video-games/2012/03/5-busted-rumors-about-assassins-creed-3/

"5. There will be new weapons and kills.
One of the new weapons joining the beloved sleeve blade and pistol comes a rope with an arrowhead on it. In a demo, Connor threw it into a an unsuspecting Red Coat, jumped down from a tree limb and hoisted his prey into the air. Even more brutal kills can be expected.It's also worth noting that DLC for Assassin's Creed 3 is already finished."

Alexanderjac
03-05-2012, 10:42 PM
Grapple hook shot from the bow?

HOLY **** I HAVE TO WAIT UNTIL OCTOBER!

Ioder
03-05-2012, 10:43 PM
Bull shiz. Not the rope part, although that sounds strange, but do you really think DLC for a game thats due in MONTHS is finished?

Made me lol.

Gil_217
03-05-2012, 10:43 PM
Holy sh*t about the DLC. It even sounds like he's referring to SP DLC to me, maybe because that's the only I care about.

ShaneO7K
03-05-2012, 10:45 PM
I think the DLC part of that may be the "Assassin's Creed 3.5" line taken out of context.

Ender_Graff
03-05-2012, 10:46 PM
Yes, I find it unlikely that the DLC is already completed.
I also find the grapple hook shooting thing, seems odd to have something like that in an AC game. It also seems way to situational for use.

DavisP92
03-05-2012, 10:47 PM
Bull shiz. Not the rope part, although that sounds strange, but do you really think DLC for a game thats due in MONTHS is finished?

Made me lol.

lol idk nor care really, i saw a website that had some unique info compared to what i saw before and felt like showing ppl. Oh and it isn't hard to see that happening seeing how there have been dlcs on release day and AC3 will be finished next week and the next 7 months will be to polish it

all i know is that a demo was shown for AC3, and if this site is telling the truth then this would be a interesting weapon to use

D.I.D.
03-05-2012, 10:48 PM

Made me lol.

Possible, given how far along they claim to be with the game. Think of all the day one DLC, for Mass Effect 3 for instance, written and finished well ahead of the game's release.

playassassins1
03-05-2012, 10:50 PM
I think the grapple hook thing will be a one time thing. I think you'll only use it one mission.

DavisP92
03-05-2012, 10:56 PM
i don't think it's really a grapple hook, but i guess it could be used like that. if this is actually in the game, which i can see it happening (i wonder what other new weapon/mechanics are in the game) i wonder if the guy strung up dies instantly or if you can use him to draw more red coats over into a trap

Evenesque
03-05-2012, 10:58 PM
This article is complete horse **** if he doesn't cite proof, which he didn't. I'm not believing any of it, despite how much I want to believe in the rope arrow.

Lonesoldier2012
03-05-2012, 10:59 PM
Guys he tied an Aerohead up in a rope. that's not that strange. and can i take that dlc on disc please?

DavisP92
03-05-2012, 11:00 PM
This article is complete horse **** if he doesn't cite proof, which he didn't. I'm not believing any of it, despite how much I want to believe in the rope arrow.

do most websites name their proof when they say in the demo? we'll see when we learn more about the game, but it seems possible

Evenesque
03-05-2012, 11:01 PM
do most websites name their proof when they say in the demo? we'll see when we learn more about the game, but it seems possible

I've never heard of the website before, and Gameinformer got a ridiculously detailed demo for their article and said nothing about this. Trust me, I want to believe this, but letting this website talk about a gameplay mechanic GI wasn't allowed to talk about, without giving us a reason to believe them, doesn't fly in the logic department of common sense.

The13Doctors
03-05-2012, 11:06 PM
I would love that!

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if the DLC is done.

DavisP92
03-05-2012, 11:06 PM
I've never heard of the website before, and Gameinformer got a ridiculously detailed demo for their article and said nothing about this. Trust me, I want to believe this, but letting this website talk about a gameplay mechanic GI wasn't allowed to talk about, without giving us a reason to believe them, doesn't fly in the logic department of common sense.

that is very true, but it doesn't hurt to have hope :P. anyways, as for weapons in the game i feel like after 3 years there must be more then just 4 new weapons/ weapon mechanics. But i guess that is a lot. Also does GI tell everything that happens in the demo, as i read it, it sounded like chunks were missing?

as for the dlc, it is possible that it is already finished.

Evenesque
03-05-2012, 11:18 PM
that is very true, but it doesn't hurt to have hope :P. anyways, as for weapons in the game i feel like after 3 years there must be more then just 4 new weapons/ weapon mechanics. But i guess that is a lot. Also does GI tell everything that happens in the demo, as i read it, it sounded like chunks were missing?

as for the dlc, it is possible that it is already finished.

Whenever GI does a spread, as does any magazine about a product not yet released, they're tied to an information contract that let's them talk about what the developer only wants released. If they didn't talk about a rope-arrow mechanic/weapon, it means it either doesn't exist, or we aren't supposed to know about it yet. GI isn't the god of gaming information, but they're incredible reliable. If they didn't say anything about it, I'm inclined to think the chance of it not existing as a regular gameplay tool is just as likely as it just not being able to be released yet. Letting a lesser-known website talk about something that cool and game-changing before the huge, mainstream magazine article doesn't make sense from a logistical standpoint, or a marketing standpoint.

The13Doctors
03-05-2012, 11:20 PM

Maybe they were allowed, they played a demo, they had plenty to talk about, the small gimmick wouldn't be highlighted just with other information to talk about. Also, maybe these people weren't allowed to talk about it, but they did. Or they had more talk of the demo not in the article. The demo was only referenced once about the bear. I think GI's article was information given to them by Ubisoft.

pacmanate
03-05-2012, 11:21 PM
I dont even mind dlc being finished for a game that has had 3 year development :)

Evenesque
03-05-2012, 11:21 PM
Maybe they were allowed, they played a demo, they had plenty to talk about, the small gimmick wouldn't be highlighted just with other information to talk about. Also, maybe these people weren't allowed to talk about it, but they did. Or they had more talk of the demo not in the article. The demo was only referenced once about the bear. I think GI's article was information given to them by Ubisoft.

Of course it was....that's how demos work. Plus, multiple times, Matt Miller (the writer of the article) referenced what he saw in the "demo we were shown."

Grazel69
03-05-2012, 11:44 PM
Really Ubisoft your DLC is already ready?
why don't you just either
1 release the game now since you're already even done with the DLC
or
2 put the ****in DLC free into the game!!!

This is why Ubisoft is the worst gaming company on the planet!

Ender_Graff
03-05-2012, 11:47 PM
or

1. They are spending the following months to polish the game. Make sure there are no bugs, make the animations smooth, make the graphics more realistic. That sort of thing. They have been working on AC3 since AC2 :D

2. I agree, I wish the DLC was on disk but It doesn't bother me too much.

If Ubisoft is the worst gaming company, why are you so anxious to play the game? :p

rob.davies2014
03-05-2012, 11:47 PM
I think that at 0:48 in the trailer, Connor throws the rope with an arrowhead at the tree halfway through a jump and that's how he holds. Because if we look he doesn't land on a branch nor do his hands grab onto the tree, it looks like he's poised in mid-air for a second which supports the idea that he uses a rope to travel.
I think it'll be really interesting.

The13Doctors
03-05-2012, 11:56 PM
I think that at 0:48 in the trailer, Connor throws the rope with an arrowhead at the tree halfway through a jump and that's how he holds. Because if we look he doesn't land on a branch nor do his hands grab onto the tree, it looks like he's poised in mid-air for a second which supports the idea that he uses a rope to travel.

While I believe we have the rope, I just looped that moment oveer 20 times, you can clearly see he grabs a branch which actually moves down a bit.

JumpInTheFire13
03-06-2012, 12:00 AM
I don't really trust this source. "In fact the AC3 map is 1 1/2x the size of Rome's map.
" From what I read in the GI article, The Frontier alone is that big, plus the cities.

JumpInTheFire13
03-06-2012, 12:05 AM
What is wrong with the forums? I had to change the colour to white just so that my post would show up. And it keeps on putting a line break before the last quotation mark.

DavisP92
03-06-2012, 12:11 AM
I don't really trust this source. "In fact the AC3 map is 1 1/2x the size of Rome's map.
" From what I read in the GI article, The Frontier alone is that big, plus the cities.

Actually quite a few sites have said that. i can't seem to find them now though, but i'll keep looking hopefully they didn't correct them already

or

Uhhh, what they are doing is the smartest thing i've even seen a game company do. they are making the game and instead of releasing a possibly broken game they are taking another 7 months to improve it and make it perfect for us.

actually he only grabs a branch

Jexx21
03-06-2012, 01:15 AM
Trust me, they don't make and finish the DLC before a game goes gold. If it's finished before the game is gold (which is normally around 3 months before release), then it's put into the game. If not it's a little ridiculous and immoral.

DavisP92
03-06-2012, 01:43 AM
Trust me, they don't make and finish the DLC before a game goes gold. If it's finished before the game is gold (which is normally around 3 months before release), then it's put into the game. If not it's a little ridiculous and immoral.

like how they normally don't make and finish a game 7 months before the release.

Lonesoldier2012
03-06-2012, 01:50 AM
like how they normally don't make and finish a game 7 months before the release.

They've been working on it for 3 years T_T

D.I.D.
03-06-2012, 01:51 AM

It happens more than you'd think, and the growing trend of day one DLC proves that. Google "day one dlc" to find lots of evidence of this. If they charge, it's an obvious way of increasing the price of the game but it's no different than selling it to you a month or two later: it just shows less cunning on the part of the publisher. The morality of the technique is just the same.

If it's included in the game, it's not DLC - you're just getting a bigger game for the same price.

Jexx21
03-06-2012, 01:56 AM
It happens more than you'd think, and the growing trend of day one DLC proves that. Google "day one dlc" to find lots of evidence of this. If they charge, it's an obvious way of increasing the price of the game but it's no different than selling it to you a month or two later: it just shows less cunning on the part of the publisher. The morality of the technique is just the same.

If it's included in the game, it's not DLC - you're just getting a bigger game for the same price.

If your hinting towards ME3, that DLC was finished before the game launched, yes, but during the 3 months after the game went gold.

DavisP92
03-06-2012, 02:04 AM
They've been working on it for 3 years T_T

lol that's my point, it's possible that they were working on a dlc as well. you never know until they officially say they did or did not

Lonesoldier2012
03-06-2012, 02:08 AM
lol that's my point, it's possible that they were working on a dlc as well. you never know until they officially say they did or did not

Oh okay. it sounded like you thought they just started working on it.

D.I.D.
03-06-2012, 02:10 AM
If your hinting towards ME3, that DLC was finished before the game launched, yes, but during the 3 months after the game went gold.

We'll never know. What we do know is that the game is planned out from the start, so they already knew what the DLC was going to be, whenever they made it.

It's not just ME3, anyway. I can see why the companies are doing it, since DLC's main advantage until now (being to keep first-hand sales from ending up as used sales) has evolved into a weapon against the entire used sales market; online passes met a lot of anger, but all commercial DLC fulfils pretty much the same role of making sure 2nd hand buyers and renters won't get the whole game without paying some cash. I never buy used, so selfishly I guess I'd prefer to get my DLC on the same day as the game so it all fits together, rather than wait a couple of months to receive the missing piece. As a compromise, I just wish more companies thought about rewarding early buyers with free DLC codes as a thank-you for buying the game when the sales were needed most.

The news that they're using a lot of extra time to make the game as good as it can be is very welcome.

DavisP92
03-06-2012, 02:12 AM
Oh okay. it sounded like you though they just started working on it.

hahah oh god no, it's just the concept of most games normally finish and release the alpha form of the game, and later edit it. And with that they have day one dlcs, so if a game was finished 7 months before the release it is possible for a dlc to be already finished. and they can polish the dlc as well