PDA

View Full Version : Possible Weapons?

Ender_Graff
03-05-2012, 10:16 PM
We already know that there will be Bows, at least one hidden blade, tomahawks, guns, and knives available as weapons in AC3. What other possible weapons do you guys think may be in the game?

I would like there to be a couple swords, being a sword fanboy. Also, do you think you will be able to buy upgraded versions or weapons from vendors or traders? It is possible that you could buy new or upgraded Tomahawks from the native american tribes you encounter, but what else?

Grazel69
03-05-2012, 10:31 PM
I think they should not have a merchant of weapons at all
but they should make it that you can use the ones the enemys have

this would make the game alot more realistic and more rewarding to actually find something that's cool of a guard rather than to wait seeing it in the shop untill you unlock it and have enough money(by just leaving the game on while you go to sleep just to fill your bank again)
semi off topic:and also that you can craft your own armor instead of buying it

basically what I want with this post delete all merchant kinda guys so you have to find your weapons and only have like apothecarys

SixKeys
03-05-2012, 10:35 PM

this would make the game alot more realistic and more rewarding to actually find something that's cool of a guard rather than to wait seeing it in the shop untill you unlock it and have enough money(by just leaving the game on while you go to sleep just to fill your bank again)

basically what I want with this post delete all merchant kinda guys so you have to find your weapons and only have like apothecarys

I'm not sure how changing weapons on the fly would work if that were the case. In the other games (except AC1) you have a place to store all your weapons and you can either return there or go to a blacksmith whenever you want to change to a different one. If our only option was to carry weapons we've stolen from enemies, that'd mean we'd be stuck with the same weapon until we happened to find an enemy that has a better one. Then you would be forced to abandon your old weapon on the battlefield if you wanted to keep the new one.

The13Doctors
03-05-2012, 10:38 PM

I actually like that idea, so long as you can still buy ammo for it or they are all interchangeable. Like from the trailer at least our one shot and a rifle can be used.

Grazel69
03-05-2012, 10:38 PM
I'm not sure how changing weapons on the fly would work if that were the case. In the other games (except AC1) you have a place to store all your weapons and you can either return there or go to a blacksmith whenever you want to change to a different one. If our only option was to carry weapons we've stolen from enemies, that'd mean we'd be stuck with the same weapon until we happened to find an enemy that has a better one. Then you would be forced to abandon your old weapon on the battlefield if you wanted to keep the new one.

no it's ok if that weapon just goes into a storage of some sort I just don't want weapons to be buyable from a blacksmith

Ender_Graff
03-05-2012, 10:39 PM

No, I don't think this would work well. Like SixKeys said, you need a system to store weapons. It will be a new game, but I don't think AC:3 will differ super drastically from the previous titles.

However, the idea about craft-able armor sounds cool!

Hitokiri_Wrath
03-05-2012, 11:05 PM
I think what they're really going to do is get rid of armor, armor was pretty much phased out since it was only useful on horseback and a firing squad demolished cavalry.

You were always capable of stealing enemies' weapons with disarms and keeping them if you threw your sword away and sheathed a sword you stole. I did it quite a bit actually. xD I do expect them to expand on this more though.

I suspect being able to purchase different pistols and rifles. Hopefully they let us have a musket with a bayonet on it, I loved lance combat in all of the others and was disappointed when they NEVER let you get your own.

Evenesque
03-05-2012, 11:24 PM
I expect to be able to use a musket. There's what's either concept art, or a screenshot of Connor climbing a snow bank with one in his hand. It makes sense, because if you think about it, every time we've seen a guard with a weapon fight an assassin in an AC trailer we've been able to use the weapon they're carrying while playing the game.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/screenshots/2246/med_ac3-6.jpg

Grazel69
03-05-2012, 11:38 PM
I expect to be able to use a musket. There's what's either concept art, or a screenshot of Connor climbing a snow bank with one in his hand. It makes sense, because if you think about it, every time we've seen a guard with a weapon fight an assassin in an AC trailer we've been able to use the weapon they're carrying while playing the game.

also jsut mentioning in that image! dual pistols

The13Doctors
03-05-2012, 11:44 PM

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/screenshots/2246/med_ac3-6.jpg

He uses it in the trailer, I just wonder if he has a sheathe for it, otherwise are we forced to drop it when running again? :(, I liked using lances.

Ender_Graff
03-05-2012, 11:45 PM
Great point! Muskets would be awesome!

Grazel69
03-06-2012, 12:12 AM
I'm just gonna do quick overview of what i want concerning weapons otherwise I'll just end up keeping posting here xD
- Make weapons not buyable in stores(why would they sell those anyway they need it for the soldiers)
- The way you would get your weapons is looting them off of soldiers (now looting is actually worth my time)
- Have weapons just have some cool upgrades not in the sense of "deflection" is better(like in previous games) but more like these examples:

(this is just hypothetically speaking there would be a manual aiming mechanism with the bow which I hope there will be)
Standard Bow(just the one you start out with)
Light Bow (have the camera not move as much when you are aiming)
Customized Bow (makes the reload faster)
"Some epic name" Bow (reloads faster and decreases camera movement)

or like this
Standard bow(upgradable with various stuff like a customized grip handle and some special string)
Light Bow (inherently better and also upgradable)(you would recieve this one much later on in the game)

quick idea which would just be for alittle more fun, fletching your own arrows.

also maybe a small note: please no hammers, they were doable in Renaissance but please not in this game it would just look stupid

DavisP92
03-06-2012, 12:22 AM
I'm just gonna do quick overview of what i want concerning weapons otherwise I'll just end up keeping posting here xD
- Make weapons not buyable in stores(why would they sell those anyway they need it for the soldiers)
- The way you would get your weapons is looting them off of soldiers (now looting is actually worth my time)
- Have weapons just have some cool upgrades not in the sense of "deflection" is better(like in previous games) but more like these examples:

(this is just hypothetically speaking there would be a manual aiming mechanism with the bow which I hope there will be)

or like this
Standard bow(upgradable with various stuff like a customized grip handle and some special string)
Light Bow (inherently better and also upgradable)(you would recieve this one much later on in the game)

also maybe a small note: please no hammers, they were doable in Renaissance but please not in this game it would just look stupid

that is a cool idea, but i don't think that will be in the game mainly because it looks like the bow Connor has seems to be his iconic or ideal bow. But perhaps how about maybe we can upgrade his skill with the bow. but i doubt that will happen too.

tjbyrum1
03-06-2012, 12:50 AM
Here's what I don't understand - how come when I made an Assassin's Creed 3 Weapons discussion on one used it, and then when someone else came and made another similar topic - people used it?

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/661361-Weapons-in-Assassin-s-Creed-III?p=8165876#post8165876

DavisP92
03-06-2012, 01:04 AM
Here's what I don't understand - how come when I made an Assassin's Creed 3 Weapons discussion on one used it, and then when someone else came and made another similar topic - people used it?

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/661361-Weapons-in-Assassin-s-Creed-III?p=8165876#post8165876

what are you talking about, you got 3 pages :) smile

LintonMildone
03-06-2012, 01:48 AM

or like this

Actually according to wikipedia(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brown_Bess) most american male citizens are required by law to own guns and ammunition for military duty so weapon shops will defiantly return but not sure how useful a rifle will be compared to a bow since it's silence, even more accurate with Connor's exceptional archery skills and you can reuse the arrow by pulling them out of the corpes while a rifle and bullets can't do none of that

Acrimonious_Nin
03-06-2012, 03:15 AM
umm can anyone show me where on his arm there is a hidden blade because in screenshots and in the trailer I have paused it and never seen a hidden blade...I think, like the other asassins in the villa auditore, they all had a prefered weapon of choice...I think his is the tomahawk due to the fact that he does not have a hidden blade....atleast I have yet to see one....or can someone verify that he will not be having a hidden blade - Thank You :D

mattscat16
03-06-2012, 03:28 AM
im thinking something like molotov coctails.

DavisP92
03-06-2012, 03:45 AM
umm can anyone show me where on his arm there is a hidden blade because in screenshots and in the trailer I have paused it and never seen a hidden blade...I think, like the other asassins in the villa auditore, they all had a prefered weapon of choice...I think his is the tomahawk due to the fact that he does not have a hidden blade....atleast I have yet to see one....or can someone verify that he will not be having a hidden blade - Thank You :D

look at the cover for the game and you can see it, and if you have doubts about it then lay them to rest because Ubisoft has said there is a hidden blade for Connor