PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone else really confused about the AC3 trailer?

BRANDONxPRODIGY
03-05-2012, 10:13 PM
1) The protagonist (Connor) is half British.
2) The Mohawk tribe (the tribe which Connor was raised in) were allies with the British.
3) The Colonists (who appear to be allies from what we've seen) slaughtered the natives and Connor's tribe.

I'm not annoyed about British being antagonists, frankly I couoldn't care less, but I am dissapointed about the historical innacuracy. I may be wrong, since the concept art that was released about a week ago showed Connor with red trims on his coat. What are your thoughts?

Grazel69
03-05-2012, 10:20 PM
colonists= the ones trying to be independent from the british
as in they slaughtered the native americans
you clearly are very confused about the trailer xD

Jexx21
03-05-2012, 10:25 PM
Connor fights for justice and freedom. Not for revenge, not for the colonists, and least of all for the British.

Be ****ed sure that he'll fight any colonist that does horrible deeds. But he realizes that the colonies do not have true freedom, so thus they fight the British.

brick177
03-05-2012, 10:25 PM
The Natives that fought for the British Empire were hired mercenaries, I'd hardly call them allies. Also, both British and Colonists and Natives all slaughtered each other, so they really have nothing in common with either side.

E-Zekiel
03-05-2012, 10:28 PM
OP:

Where did you get your copy of AC3? I'm itching to play it and don't want to wait till October.

Lonesoldier2012
03-05-2012, 10:29 PM
OP:

Where did you get your copy of AC3? I'm itching to play it and don't want to wait till October.

? This info was all given in the Game Informer for April.

BRANDONxPRODIGY
03-05-2012, 10:38 PM
That's what I said.

Hitokiri_Wrath
03-05-2012, 10:47 PM
"The Colonists" is such a broad term that it really shouldn't be used to represent the Revolutionaries. Was I the only one who lost points in school for that?xD

But yeah, "Colonists" are just the citizens that lived in the colonies. Not ALL of them agreed with the Revolution, they were known as Loyalists. Also since the tagline is "Ignite the Revolution", it's very possible that Connor's tribe were slaughtered before the idea of Independence was even conceived.

E-Zekiel
03-05-2012, 10:59 PM
? This info was all given in the Game Informer for April.
Where did you get the April game informer, I want to read it before it's released too.

Lonesoldier2012
03-05-2012, 11:04 PM
Where did you get the April game informer, I want to read it before it's released too.

Dude Game Informer comes out a moth early every month. i got my January issue around the 20th of December and i got my February issue on the 26th of January. and i got my march issue on the 19th of February. and i haven't gotten my Game Informer for April yet but i will. you can probably go to Gamestop and buy it right now.

Evenesque
03-05-2012, 11:05 PM

Do some google searching bro. It's all over the interwebs.

Anyway, OT. Just because you don't see him kill an american doesn't mean he won't. Since when has a trailer explained absolutely everything about a game? Since when has a character's origin explained his motives? Ezio's italian, and the guy killed buku italians. He's killed people on both sides of the templar and assassin conflict. So has Altair. Assassin's kill who is necessary. Everything is permitted. The trailer is not literal, its exemplary. Don't get carried away

E-Zekiel
03-05-2012, 11:46 PM
You guys are both apparently missing my point. My point is that I think the annoyance at a storyline you don't even have full clarity on is kind of dumb.

brick177
03-05-2012, 11:52 PM
"Not all the Colonists will be cast as good people, and not all the British will be cast as evil oppressors. They're trying to focus on how both the Assassins and Templars viewpoints exist in a gray morality as the Templars really believe they're saving the world."

HardRtihal
03-05-2012, 11:57 PM
They weren't hired mercenaries. Why would you hire an Indian who's never even shot a gun before when you could hire a German badass (their called Hessians) who's a veteran of every major European War in the past 20 years. Thats the logic the Brits used anyways... The indians fought for the British because of prior alliances with the British and because the British were limiting colonial expansion into the Ohio River Valley and beyond. Natives saw a British victory as the only way they could preserve their lands.

brick177
03-06-2012, 12:00 AM
I realize they had existing treaty obligations with the British, still wouldn't call them allies. Indigenous people make excellent cannon fodder, they used them all the time. They were local and cheap. Hessians were used too, but you have to ship them which adds tot he cost. Just meant that the Natives weren't helping the British because they thought the British would treat them better.