PDA

View Full Version : AC3 Trailer Meaning

The13Doctors
03-05-2012, 09:05 PM
I have a feeling that what we saw in the trailer is to be a mission. Maybe having to use your bow and arrows to snipe from above and secure one side's victory and/or protect Charles.

Also they flashed the wolves for a second, all surrounding a dead body, which I think will be a great feature that when bodies die they attract animals, what could it mean though? Why just flash it for a second. Obviously the other parts were about showing the freerunning and combat, could it mean more, or have some sort of secret message. With Ubi we can't be sure. I'm going to be closely reviewing every detail of every frame of the trailer.

lukaszep
03-05-2012, 09:13 PM
I think the wolves thing was just to show off a few features. No special meaning.
The trailer was showing wolves around dead bodies, and cutting to a flashback of Connor being the one that killed them. It then cut to a continuation of the day time and Connor watched the beginning of a battle.

Assassin_M
The only thing you havent made yet is "Im going to the toilet now Speculation" thread..
Why make so many threads ?

tarrero
Also they flashed the wolves for a second, all surrounding a dead body, which I think will be a great feature that when bodies die they attract animals, what could it mean though? Why just flash it for a second. Obviously the other parts were about showing the freerunning and combat, could it mean more, or have some sort of secret message. With Ubi we can't be sure. I'm going to be closely reviewing every detail of every frame of the trailer.

That would be AWESOME.

ProletariatPleb
03-05-2012, 09:14 PM
I have a feeling that what we saw in the trailer is to be a mission. Maybe having to use your bow and arrows to snipe from above and secure one side's victory and/or protect Charles.

You are a strange person 13...not in a bad way.
That was scene transition, last night he killed 3 redcoats, next morning Wolves pry on their bodies, also meaning of name "Connor".
Connor (name meaning "Wolf Kin",[/URL] "Lover of Wolves" or "Lover of Hounds" [URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Connor#cite_note-1"] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Connor#cite_note-0))

ArD117
03-05-2012, 09:23 PM
I think the wolves represent that this world isn't as orderly and fanciful as Italy. We're in the American wilds, where if you're new to the land and without the proper guide you won't last more than a few days. Harsh conditions, harmful animals, and abrasive locals (Connor) shown in this trailer means that this Assassin's Creed will be drastically different from its predecessors. In a good way!

I'd call it a "breath of fresh air" but I highly doubt you can breath very well in the freezing cold of the Mohawk Valley ;)

S.V.
03-05-2012, 09:27 PM
The only thing you havent made yet is "Im going to the toilet now Speculation" thread..

don't worry, there'll be soon

Lonesoldier2012
03-05-2012, 09:28 PM
I'll tell you what it means. that this GAME IS GONNA BE ****ING EPIC!!!

Steww-
03-05-2012, 09:28 PM
I don't know if this is just pedantic or if I'm missing something, but isn't it Washington in the trailer?

I'm pretty sure it's the Battle of Long Island.

LightRey
03-05-2012, 09:31 PM
I don't know if this is just pedantic or if I'm missing something, but isn't it Washington in the trailer?

I find this comment shallow and pedantic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctf260qnDeU
J/K :P

The13Doctors
03-05-2012, 09:39 PM

No, that's Charles Lee. Possibly his father.

LightRey
03-05-2012, 09:40 PM
...no that really is Washington.

Steww-
03-05-2012, 09:44 PM
I find this comment shallow and pedantic
[VIDEO]
J/K :P
Lol.

The13Doctors, the speech in the trailer is from him:
http://www.notable-quotes.com/w/washington_george_ii.html

Interestingly, the British win that battle oO

Lonesoldier2012
03-05-2012, 09:48 PM

:D

S.V.
03-05-2012, 09:51 PM
Is Letterman ancestor.

The13Doctors
03-05-2012, 09:56 PM
...no that really is Washington.

Ah, right, that's before his presidency, general armor. Speaking of which, won't he and Charles be wearing the same thing throughout the game? It will get confusing as to who is who.

LightRey
03-05-2012, 09:57 PM
Ah, right, that's before his presidency, general armor. Speaking of which, won't he and Charles be wearing the same thing throughout the game? It will get confusing as to who is who.

They wear similar outfits, but they are distinguishable.

brick177
03-05-2012, 10:11 PM
It is hard to tell since it was in the Mohawk Valley, it is not the Battle of Long Island, but Washington didn't fight in the Mohawk Valley during the Revolutionary War. Neither did Charles Lee.

Mohawk Valley battles were part of the Saratoga Campaign which was a series of huge engagements, but neither Lee nor Washington were commanders in those battles.

The13Doctors
03-05-2012, 10:15 PM
It is hard to tell since it was in the Mohawk Valley, it is not the Battle of Long Island, but Washington didn't fight in the Mohawk Valley during the Revolutionary War. Neither did Charles Lee.

Mohawk Valley battles were part of the Saratoga Campaign which was a series of huge engagements, but neither Lee nor Washington were commanders in those battles.

Is it necessarily Mohawk Valley? It could have been Mohawk Valley in the beginning, to show off the main location of the game, then that last piece be completely apart from the beginning.

Steww-
03-05-2012, 10:19 PM

The speech from Washington we hear in the trailer is the same speech he gave at the Battle of Long Island. So isn't it logical to assume the trailer is the Battle of Long Island? :/

Edit: Also, what the post above me said.

brick177
03-05-2012, 10:21 PM
Is it necessarily Mohawk Valley? It could have been Mohawk Valley in the beginning, to show off the main location of the game, then that last piece be completely apart from the beginning.

Very well could be. I wish they would tell us what the frontier area is going to cover. With so many diverse potential locales that are so far apart, I don't see how they will realistically explain how they are all in one single frontier area. Multiple frontiers?

playassassins1
03-05-2012, 10:23 PM
The speech from Washington we hear in the trailer is the same speech he gave at the Battle of Long Island. So isn't it logical to assume the trailer is the Battle of Long Island? :/

Edit: Also, what the post above me said.

It could be The Battle of Long Island, but Ubisoft might give the battle another Name.

pirate1802
I just wanna know one thing. How similar ingame graphics and animation will look to the ones in the trailer?

Grazel69
sniping? no, how the hell are you supposed to snipe from that far away with a frickin bow
wolves? it's just a feature in the game wolves coming to dead bodies just like the season changing they did