PDA

View Full Version : The HookBlade

Alexanderjac
03-05-2012, 08:52 PM
Do you think we're going to have it back in AC3? I don't think we will, but I wanted to see if anyone else had a different opinion.

RedSpider
03-05-2012, 09:04 PM
I agree with you. We probably won't see it again since we're in a different era and part of the world. Unlike the hidden blade, it didn't seem to be universal to all Assassin's judging by the fact that Ezio didn't know what it was. The new weapons sound awesome though :p

LoveTwisted
03-05-2012, 09:15 PM
As much as I love the Hookblade and want it in AC3, I doubt it'll return

Subject J80
03-05-2012, 09:19 PM
I would prefer not to see the hookblade make a return in this game. I would much rather just have the hidden blade of dual blades. Loving the tomahawk and the new combat moves.

ProletariatPleb
03-05-2012, 09:19 PM
We have a new style of free-running so I doubt we will need the Hookblade.

kriegerdesgottes
03-05-2012, 09:28 PM
I don't want it back. I don't like it very much. If it does return at all I hope they make it optional.

Hitokiri_Wrath
03-05-2012, 10:02 PM
I doubt the hook blade itself will come back, but we could see a return of it's mechanics. The tomahawk can easily be used in the same way as the hook blade.

Alexanderjac
03-05-2012, 10:06 PM
I doubt the hook blade itself will come back, but we could see a return of it's mechanics. The tomahawk can easily be used in the same way as the hook blade.
Ooooh, nice idea.

Grazel69
03-05-2012, 10:10 PM
I hope not, that thing sucked
When I got it in ACR first I was like alriiiight this is gonna be awesome! killing people and just keep on running, when I did the tutorial I first thought ok well "I'm not killing them right now cuz i'm training on my fellow assassins"
was that a bummer when I found out it actually was just a lame roll without killing the enemy -_-'

SixKeys
03-05-2012, 10:21 PM
I actually wonder if we'll even have dual blades like Ezio. This is a new assassin with his own style. From the trailer it looks like the tomahawk may have in some ways replaced one of the hidden blades. I can imagine Connor sticking his hidden blade in a soldier's throat while tomahawking another with his other hand.

Ender_Graff
03-05-2012, 10:27 PM
Connors fighting style if much different from Ezio's. Connor seems (at least from the first trailer) to be much quicker and deadly then Ezio, with less finesse.

I hope the hookblade does not return. It's mechanics felt out of place and awkward in AC:R and it would be pretty useless in AC:3 in my opinion. Buildings were not nearly as tall in America as they were in Europe at the time and besides, much of the free running will take place in the tree tops.

Ioder
03-05-2012, 10:28 PM
That was specifically for Constantinople during it's time period.

Connor's way of free running in the tree tops is a MUCH better replacement.