PDA

View Full Version : AC2 controller help

FrankDaTank089
03-05-2012, 08:15 PM
Okay, so I know its a old game. Loved the first AC but never got around to continuing the series. Now I would like to do that but I lost interest in the game after 30 minutes trying to use a keyboard. It just sucked. I love gaming on the keyboard but as you all probably have known for years at this point, this game sucks *** on a keyboard.

So I grabbed my 3rd party 360 controller (afterglow) that works fine with games like batman:ac. But the mapping is screwed. I read a few things but the fixes all involved windows xp/vista files since it was a while back. I am on win 7 64. Not to mention everything seemed to be linked to a wireless controller problem and as stated im using a wired.

Any help would be awesome.

FrankDaTank089
03-12-2012, 05:35 AM
nobody?

Razrback16
03-12-2012, 08:54 PM
Do a Google search for the XBCD 360 controller driver by redcl0ud. I run this driver for AC games and it works flawlessly. I run Vista 64 and it works like a champ. You do have to do some goofy stuff to get the drivers to load properly since they're not Microsoft certified, but it works every time. Now something to point out is that I do have to switch back to the Microsoft driver when I go to play games like Batman Arkham Asylum / Arkham City, but I use the XBCD driver specifically for AC games and it works perfectly, just like a console where the triggers do what they should, etc.

CFord664
03-14-2012, 02:27 AM
Do a Google search for the XBCD 360 controller driver by redcl0ud. I run this driver for AC games and it works flawlessly. I run Vista 64 and it works like a champ. You do have to do some goofy stuff to get the drivers to load properly since they're not Microsoft certified, but it works every time. Now something to point out is that I do have to switch back to the Microsoft driver when I go to play games like Batman Arkham Asylum / Arkham City, but I use the XBCD driver specifically for AC games and it works perfectly, just like a console where the triggers do what they should, etc.

I'm using Win7 x64 also -- no controller issues. I'd recommend reinstalling your controller and/or game to ensure it's relying on the latest drivers... Not sure what else to tell you.

Razrback16
03-15-2012, 05:48 PM
I'm using Win7 x64 also -- no controller issues. I'd recommend reinstalling your controller and/or game to ensure it's relying on the latest drivers... Not sure what else to tell you.

Are you running the XBCD redcl0ud driver also? If so, I'm glad to hear it works with Win 7 x64. I've had some worries about that for when I move to Win 7.