PDA

View Full Version : I would like to express my concern about Assassin's Creed III PC release date

leonhang
03-05-2012, 07:43 PM
Please move this thread to the new subforum for ACIII PC once it is available.

Dear Ubisoft,

As many realized, the PC versions of AC series have been known for delaying. The delays are getting less and less, from the 5 months of delay to just only 2 weeks of delay, I must say you are improving. However, I hope that this time around, for the PC version of Assassin's Creed III, it will be released simultaneously with the console versions. I am really worried that you are going to delay it again but I hope you could consider my concern. I really can't wait to preorder the PC version of Assassin's Creed III and I am really looking forward to play the PC version of Assassin's Creed III end of this October.

Please pass this message on to the management.

Thanks,
a PC Assassin's Creed fan, Leon.

Razrback16
03-05-2012, 08:20 PM
Seconded. :)

quillan
03-05-2012, 08:55 PM
It's going to be delayed again. I'd be willing to put money on it. They do it all the time. However, they won't announce the delay until the last minute, again as per normal. The only good news based upon their history is that the delay between the console and PC release has been getting shorter with each game release in the series, down to less than a month with Revelations. With the console release scheduled for October, I'd say probably between mid-November and mid-January for PC, assuming circu-mstances don't push the entire schedule back into 2013.

AntiChrist7
03-05-2012, 09:20 PM
well they are already 3 years working on it apparently. yes it will be delayed, but i guess it will be a month or less, just like ACR

TheLeoCrow
03-05-2012, 10:04 PM
It's going to be delayed again. I'd be willing to put money on it. They do it all the time. However, they won't announce the delay until the last minute, again as per normal. The only good news based upon their history is that the delay between the console and PC release has been getting shorter with each game release in the series, down to less than a month with Revelations. With the console release scheduled for October, I'd say probably between mid-November and mid-January for PC, assuming circu-mstances don't push the entire schedule back into 2013.

Last year a similar comment gave me a warning on the basis that I "pretended to be a ubisoft employee" for making such a prediction. Granted, the troll that reported it as such has left the forums but just to be on the safe side, when making such predictions make sure to include a disclaimer that you don't work for ubisoft.

On topic though, did you notice that in the end of the trailer it says:
"PC Format Release to be confirmed".
It doesn't say "release date" but "pc format release" which could mean that they do not know for sure that it will be released for PC. Sure, youtube is our friend but it says a lot about Ubisoft and their attitude towards their clients.

If the game is released on PC and If it's as good as AC2 (unlike ACB and ACR) I will buy it. If the plot is as thin as ACB and ACR then it's not happening, not buying it. Why spend any more money on a company that is so prejudiced and unsupportive?

IMRicko
03-05-2012, 11:12 PM
Last year a similar comment gave me a warning on the basis that I "pretended to be a ubisoft employee" for making such a prediction. Granted, the troll that reported it as such has left the forums but just to be on the safe side, when making such predictions make sure to include a disclaimer that you don't work for ubisoft.

On topic though, did you notice that in the end of the trailer it says:
"PC Format Release to be confirmed".
It doesn't say "release date" but "pc format release" which could mean that they do not know for sure that it will be released for PC. Sure, youtube is our friend but it says a lot about Ubisoft and their attitude towards their clients.

If the game is released on PC and If it's as good as AC2 (unlike ACB and ACR) I will buy it. If the plot is as thin as ACB and ACR then it's not happening, not buying it. Why spend any more money on a company that is so prejudiced and unsupportive?

+1 Yes i noticed that as well. Those who do not understand what are we talking about have a look on my thread which i posted a picture as well. They stated in big letters "PC Format Release to be confirmed". They did not state "PC Format Release DATE to be confirmed". Even though you can see Ubisoft promoting the game box of ACIII for PC format, but this sentence really screwed up my mind. I will be truly disappointed if they don't release this game for PC.

ace3001
03-06-2012, 02:38 AM
The fact is, though, it says *PC forma release to be confirmed, and the reference * is at the release date.

Engioc
03-06-2012, 03:41 AM
I cant understand these threads, I cant think of many games that aren't delayed at least once.

TheLeoCrow
03-06-2012, 10:27 AM
The fact is, though, it says *PC forma release to be confirmed, and the reference * is at the release date.

But where else could it have been placed? It's still quite ambiguous.
If they release the game on pc, I can't imagine them releasing it after late november-early december since they don't want to release the game after the date it is set to take place, they have said it so. Otherwise, why are they releasing this game on October instead of November like the previous games?

Besides, they do have the time to do it, they claim that the game has been in development by the AC2 team since AC2 was complete (while ACB and ACR were built by other teams) and that it's now nearly finished. They say that the rest of the time will be used to optimize and test the game. If their claims are true, they have more than enough time to release a good game. The problem is, can we trust Ubisoft? All they have proved in the past couple of years is that (as a company) they are quite unreliable and untrustworthy.

Ledachh11
03-06-2012, 10:41 AM
Considering how much I enjoy the AC games... I'm not that bothered or hung up by the delays.

Indeed with AC2 it proved beneficial for us as we got the DLC all stuffed in there for the same price as the consolers and unlike said Consolers we got it all in the correct sequence as per the story and not bolted on at the very end to confuse us. If it means they have to do the same for this... eh. Its my money.

spidey3D
03-06-2012, 01:18 PM
i will agree with this delay....if ubisoft will incude High Resolution Textures and DirectX 11 in AC III....maybe Nvidia Physx

NetWalkerBR
03-06-2012, 03:29 PM
No need for a delay. PC players will put a lot of money on AC III if it is released on steam in pre-order. Just do that and you'll see, UBI. And this time, please release us the Digital Deluxe Edition, so we can get all extras like console players.

Ledachh11
03-06-2012, 05:41 PM
I think that Ubi should learn a lesson from Remedy and their recent release of the PC version of Alan Wake. While a port of the Xbox 360 version it made all its money back in 48 hours.

By the way that's all their money, including the 50+ people who worked on the PC version, and all the marketing they did for the PC version. Frankly that's a staggering amount of money to make. Shows that the platform is nowhere near dead.