PDA

View Full Version : Why does this always happen?

ProletariatPleb
03-05-2012, 07:41 PM
Hey guys, I saw the trailer, awesomesauce...and, I know this isn't the PC forum..but that forum isn't really...useful..

Why do they always do this:
http://i.imgur.com/USeRX.png

I'm not flaming/bashing, etc etc Ubi, I love Ubi :P But I hate that...

D.I.D.
03-05-2012, 07:44 PM
There's a price on the UK site and a choice of DVD or download. They also say the special editions are being announced later this month, so you might as well wait.

It's a tiny bit cheaper on Amazon, but only fractionally.

LordWolv
03-05-2012, 07:48 PM
I'm waiting for some special edition announcements, only after I know all of them have been announced will I be making a decision. But I WILL be pre-ordering, whatever it is.

pacmanate
03-05-2012, 07:49 PM
PC forum SUCKS.

I honestly think that is gayfish. Because, they have had 3 years! There should be no explanation or REASON for a delay. Im a console gamer but cannot see a legit reason why it would be released after the console ones, bare in mind it needs to come out before December when we all die ;). Also considering the game is finished in 2-3 weeks, this gives them 7 months to make sure the PC version releases

GeneralTrumbo
03-06-2012, 07:53 AM
PC forum SUCKS.

I honestly think that is gayfish. Because, they have had 3 years! There should be no explanation or REASON for a delay. Im a console gamer but cannot see a legit reason why it would be released after the console ones, bare in mind it needs to come out before December when we all die ;). Also considering the game is finished in 2-3 weeks, this gives them 7 months to make sure the PC version releases
EXACTLY! They NEED to release the PC version of the game before we all burn in the endless chains of fire that will come upon the Earth!

dxsxhxcx
03-06-2012, 07:57 AM
here we go again... xD

ProletariatPleb
03-06-2012, 01:30 PM
here we go again... xD
Can't be helped :P They better not delay it this time, I'm growing tired of it..not all PC gamers are pirates >_>

Grazel69
03-06-2012, 01:42 PM
the reason why PC always come later is because people hack it and it is fairly soon afterwards available for torrenting, which DUH Ubisoft doesn't like

Seje12
03-06-2012, 01:42 PM
Can't really say it bothers me :D I'm a console gamer and if delaying it a week or two in trade of making it better overall at PC and Console I would say it is okay.
But as people mention considering they are done in about few weeks, so they should have time to do it as good as possible and release it at PC at time

EscoBlades
03-06-2012, 01:45 PM
As i said on my version of the trailer, it is a legal requirement really. This covers them in case the PC version has to be (almost inevitably) delayed. Seeing as the PC version requires more resources, and usually had more in it anyway (plus it requires certification across non homogeneous platforms), this is understandable...to a point.

dxsxhxcx
03-06-2012, 01:57 PM
Can't be helped :P They better not delay it this time, I'm growing tired of it..not all PC gamers are pirates >_>

the funny thing is that the only people who suffer from this are those who support the company and buy the original game... my worries are that this delay might be bigger than ACR's delay because of the hype this game in special has....

the reason why PC always come later is because people hack it and it is fairly soon afterwards available for torrenting, which DUH Ubisoft doesn't like

if I'm not wrong ACR was available for download for Xbox or PS3 2 or 3 days before the release date...

ProletariatPleb
03-06-2012, 01:58 PM
As i said on my version of the trailer, it is a legal requirement really. This covers them in case the PC version has to be (almost inevitably) delayed. Seeing as the PC version requires more resources, and usually had more in it anyway (plus it requires certification across non homogeneous platforms), this is understandable...to a point.
I agree Esco, I was fine with the Revelations delay...but the delay with Brotherhood ._.

the funny thing is that the only people who suffer from this are those who support the company and buy the original game... my worries are that this delay might be bigger than ACR's delay because of the hype this game in special has
Exactly. I admit I downloaded the PC leak, I mean...why would I wanna wait, but I had pre-ordered AC:R(check Uplay if you don't believe me) so I played the whole leaked game, and then I played again on the legit version.

dxsxhxcx
03-06-2012, 02:08 PM
How do I delete this double post? -_-

click on Edit Post > Go Advanced > and mark the "Delete this post in the following manner" option and "save it"

EDIT: Just now I realized when you click Edit Post there's a delete but-ton on the side of the "Go Advanced" option.. so you just need to click there... :P

ProletariatPleb
03-06-2012, 02:10 PM
click on Edit Post > Go Advanced > and mark the "Delete this post in the following manner" option and "save it"
Worked. Thanks Spider-man...I mean dxsxhxcx....

I just saw it too...feel like an idiot LOL

D.I.D.
03-06-2012, 02:15 PM
Exactly. I admit I downloaded the PC leak, I mean...why would I wanna wait, but I had pre-ordered AC:R(check Uplay if you don't believe me) so I played the whole leaked game, and then I played again on the legit version.

I waited. I don't honestly think piracy is the big deal that the entertainment industry paints it to be, and I totally disagree that every item pirated is a lost sale, but there are other reasons to not participate.

You have to remember that if you're using a sharing service such as bit-torrent, you're also helping other people to get the same thing. It's been devastating in the music industry. Journalists get their review copies months ahead, and they end up on pirate networks. Distributors should see an opportunity in a lot of torrent demand of a pre-release LP, but they don't; it makes them nervous, and less interested in second production runs. I've seen it happen over and over again: a CD expected to sell in the tens/hundreds of thousands, ending up with a single run of a few thousand physical copies.

Games companies don't like it, and investors like it even less. They'll point to the figures on the torrent sites and demand the companies do something about it, and that's how we get delayed releases and offensive DRM (or even abandonment of PC customers entirely). You might think it doesn't matter if one more person does it, but there are thousands out there thinking their one copy doesn't matter either. If more PC gamers exercised a little patience, we might turn the tide on this.

ace3001
03-06-2012, 02:22 PM
I like the fact that they came out directly about this this time. Each year before, they lied to us about the release date. Even ACR was delayed a bit. So this time, they're at least being honest about it, and I respect that.

GeneralTrumbo
03-06-2012, 02:28 PM
I'm sure the release date will not be as long as Brotherhood's.

ProletariatPleb
03-06-2012, 02:32 PM
I waited. I don't honestly think piracy is the big deal that the entertainment industry paints it to be, and I totally disagree that every item pirated is a lost sale, but there are other reasons to not participate.

You have to remember that if you're using a sharing service such as bit-torrent, you're also helping other people to get the same thing. It's been devastating in the music industry. Journalists get their review copies months ahead, and they end up on pirate networks. Distributors should see an opportunity in a lot of torrent demand of a pre-release LP, but they don't; it makes them nervous, and less interested in second production runs. I've seen it happen over and over again: a CD expected to sell in the tens/hundreds of thousands, ending up with a single run of a few thousand physical copies.

Games companies don't like it, and investors like it even less. They'll point to the figures on the torrent sites and demand the companies do something about it, and that's how we get delayed releases and offensive DRM (or even abandonment of PC customers entirely). You might think it doesn't matter if one more person does it, but there are thousands out there thinking their one copy doesn't matter either. If more PC gamers exercised a little patience, we might turn the tide on this.
True, but consider this, I'm not from a first-world nation, until last year no retailer shipped the game in my City(it's not a major city, more like a town) and so I had no choice except maybe Steam which due to inter-currency issues would charge around 5x more, I could not buy ACII, AC:B ...what was I supposed to do when they simply don't want to ship products here(no legit game store)?

SixKeys
03-06-2012, 02:35 PM
Naturally I will be disappointed if/when the PC version is delayed again but as long as they're open about it this time, things are cool. If it means they can't yet give us a definite date, fine, so be it. Just don't advertise it months in advance as "coming out October 30th! Get your copy now, buy, buy, BUY!!!" and then change their minds at the last minute, quietly delay it by several months and refuse to answer our questions when we ask about it.

GeneralTrumbo
03-06-2012, 02:39 PM
LISTEN. They HAVE to get the game out before we get consumed by the flaming fires from the sun lashing its anger upon the Earth!

dxsxhxcx
03-06-2012, 02:41 PM
LISTEN. They HAVE to get the game out before we get consumed by the flaming fires from the sun lashing its anger upon the Earth!

actually they don't, who would complain about a delay after the world ends?! xD

kudos17
03-06-2012, 03:17 PM
actually they don't, who would complain about a delay after the world ends?! xD

You're right!

BRILLIANT

D.I.D.
03-06-2012, 04:03 PM
True, but consider this, I'm not from a first-world nation, until last year no retailer shipped the game in my City(it's not a major city, more like a town) and so I had no choice except maybe Steam which due to inter-currency issues would charge around 5x more, I could not buy ACII, AC:B ...what was I supposed to do when they simply don't want to ship products here(no legit game store)?

Yes, I agree completely about access. This is Gabe Newell's point too - if the legitimate industry refuses to ensure supply to all markets, it can't really complain when piracy fills that gap.

pirate1802
03-06-2012, 04:38 PM

I second Sid. A year ago I had no way to buy a legit game, there are no game store here in my town. The only option would have been to take a 550km train ride to the nearest major city. So yeah, every pirated game is not a sale lost.