PDA

View Full Version : Something we didn't consider [spoilers]

Lalalalaaaa
03-05-2012, 07:12 PM
I was just wondering if anyone considered why Lucy was shown as an ally with Eagle Vision [i.e. her being blue and not red]. Since we know now she was a traitor shouldn't Desmond's eagle vision have picked up on it? I mean what's the point of having this special ability if it doesn't actually show you who your enemies are?

Anyways what do you guys think of the EPIC eagle vision fail?

P.S. If this has already been discussed I appologize. I've been M.I.A. on the forums as of late but got back in just in time for the trailer!

P.P.S. On a side note I was wondering if anybody found the release date for AC3 a little odd. Usually Ubisoft releases the AC games mid/late November but this time they have an October 30th release date. I went back to the end of Brotherhood and when Desmond & crew went to the Coliseum to get the apple and Lucy has said the date was October 10th, so maybe Desmond woke up on the 30th! So now when we play the game it's in real time...kind of lol ;)

LightRey
03-05-2012, 07:14 PM
We did consider it. Same goes for Al Mualim, doesn't it? Eagle Vision doesn't tell us everything.

FilipinoNinja67
03-05-2012, 07:16 PM
I dont think ubisoft is done with lucy yet.. theres no way they would build up a character like that just to throw her away in one of the crappy spin off campaigns...

Edit: Still in denial... But why would it show red for that one traitor that opened the gates in AC1? ....

FrankieSatt
03-05-2012, 07:17 PM
OK, what evidence is there that Lucy was a Templar? Other than the fact that Desmond killed her while using the apple doesn't mean anything. I don't remember anywhere in Revelations where someone said she was a Templar.

Is this an opinion or is there proof in one of the games that she was a Templar?

D.I.D.
03-05-2012, 07:17 PM
It's not a lie detector. People can and do lie to you in the games, and it would be pretty terrible if you could just switch on your magic vision and find out what side they're on. It's just a display of perception.

Lonesoldier2012
03-05-2012, 07:18 PM
Well in Brotherhood when that Thief asks you to help him in one of the missions if you turn on eagle vision for a split second he's red and not gold.

D.I.D.
OK, what evidence is there that Lucy was a Templar? Other than the fact that Desmond killed her while using the apple doesn't mean anything. I don't remember anywhere in Revelations where someone said she was a Templar.

Is this an opinion or is there proof in one of the games that she was a Templar?

It's in the single player DLC. You can watch it on Escoblades's YouTube.

Lalalalaaaa
Ohh yeaaaa I forgot about Al Mualim. Seems kind of pointless to have Eagle vision then if it doesn't show you the truth.

NuclearFuss
03-05-2012, 07:19 PM

The Revelations DLC 'The Lost Archive' shows she's very much on Templar side

D.I.D.
Well in Brotherhood when that Thief asks you to help him in one of the missions if you turn on eagle vision for a split second he's red and not gold.

Oh, I didn't know that. Still hopefully that was a programming oversight rather than anything deliberate. It'd be a shame if Eagle Vision interfered with the plot.

SixKeys
There's one mission in ACB where a friendly thief tells you he will lead you to some traitors so you can kill them. Throughout the mission when you follow him, he shows up as blue in Eagle Vision. Once you get to your objective, it turns out he was the traitor and suddenly turns red. So Eagle Vision isn't foolproof. It's more like intuition. If the assassin suspects the person will harm him, he will see them as red (that's why guards always show up as red, they're always potentially dangerous). If he has no idea someone could be a traitor, that person will show up as an ally.

D.I.D.
03-05-2012, 07:21 PM
Ohh yeaaaa I forgot about Al Mualim. Seems kind of pointless to have Eagle vision then if it doesn't show you the truth.

It shows you who you believe to be an enemy or a person of interest, and allows you to pick them out in a crowd so you don't lose them. Doesn't seem pointless to me.

FilipinoNinja67
03-05-2012, 07:21 PM

Nothing is true, everything is permitted. :P

Lalalalaaaa
03-05-2012, 07:22 PM
I had always assumed Eagle vision provided insight but I guess its makes more sense if its limited by your own perceptions/beliefs.

SleezeRocker
03-05-2012, 07:23 PM
I think it has to do with how The Assassin Perceives person/people with Eagle vision/Sense

Like let's say: Ezio was hanging with some guy right that helped a bit and if you use Eagle Vision/Sense he shows Blue or osmething. But let's say that same guy proablby killed his sister CLaudia or some kid Ezio may then see him as Red in Eagle vision/Sense.

I doubt Eagle vision/Sense immedaitley tells you 'Yup he a criminal!" I just think it has to do with said person's perception O_o?

Lonesoldier2012
03-05-2012, 07:24 PM
There's one mission in ACB where a friendly thief tells you he will lead you to some traitors so you can kill them. Throughout the mission when you follow him, he shows up as blue in Eagle Vision. Once you get to your objective, it turns out he was the traitor and suddenly turns red. So Eagle Vision isn't foolproof. It's more like intuition. If the assassin suspects the person will harm him, he will see them as red (that's why guards always show up as red, they're always potentially dangerous). If he has no idea someone could be a traitor, that person will show up as an ally.

Ninja'd.

Lalalalaaaa
03-05-2012, 07:25 PM

I havn't played Brotherhood in awhile so I forgot all about that mission. It makes total sense though. Ooops my bad for making a useless thread lol

FrankieSatt
03-05-2012, 07:27 PM
The Revelations DLC 'The Lost Archive' shows she's very much on Templar side

Well then, I guess I need to play that DLC. :eek: I never played it so I didn't know. Thanks for the info.

LightRey
03-05-2012, 07:29 PM
I dont think ubisoft is done with lucy yet.. theres no way they would build up a character like that just to throw her away in one of the crappy spin off campaigns...

Edit: Still in denial... But why would it show red for that one traitor that opened the gates in AC1? ....

Because Alta´r knew he was one.

D.I.D.
03-05-2012, 07:34 PM
Well then, I guess I need to play that DLC. :eek: I never played it so I didn't know. Thanks for the info.

It's all in the style of the Desmond's Journey memories in ACR, except with Clay's life. If you like that part of the game, go ahead, but if not then you can watch the whole thing here: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL2F9B8C5AB836A266&feature=plcp