PDA

View Full Version : Mind explaining this UBISOFT?

IMRicko
03-05-2012, 06:44 PM
WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY THIS?
ARE YOU SAYING THAT ACIII MIGHT NOT BE AVAILABLE FOR PC OR ARE YOU GUYS SAYING THAT YOU ARE NOT CONFIRMED WITH THE RELEASE DATE OF PC VERSION?

http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/5373/capturewpr.png

TB_Jaybird
03-05-2012, 07:18 PM
You are right. They are saying that the release date for PC is tentative and might change. If they drop PC its ok with me at this point. I just saw the trailer and there was an emphasis on fighting multiple characters at once and with guns so its looks like once again the stealth is gone.

I have never jonesed for a game that bad that i got upset at a release date unlike some people. Heck, I have been waiting the TSW for years now and we are still only getting pics and small stuff but at least its being built. Thief 4? A pipe-dream still but its being written. So we wait. Oh...6 pm....lets see what this 5 pm info flood is all about now......

Razrback16
03-05-2012, 08:12 PM
I would also like a formal confirmation as I did not notice that originally. mrshade or blackwidow can you guys please chime in with a response?

Anykeyer
03-05-2012, 08:23 PM
They will release it, since they already started taking preorders. Its just they can make it digital only or release it on bluray instead of dvd.
All I want is this to be on Steam before world ends.

Razrback16
03-05-2012, 08:25 PM
I'd just like to see them release it on schedule for a change. I'd pre-order the thing for $100 if they would just release it right on schedule with the inferior console version.

YazX_
03-06-2012, 12:08 AM
while few might agree with me and the majority will not, i REALLY HOPE they delay it this time.

As you all have noticed, AC2 and ACB were delayed, and yet we got a very optimized version of the game which suits the PC specs and i was very pleased with the graphics and performance.

Look at what happened with ACR, always complaints about how the PC version is left out and delayed, so UBI decided to release it almost with the consoles release date BUT the catch was bad performance and very low quality PC game. and yet again all users complained about it (I was the 1st one to do so)

So over the years, i guess we know how UBI operates, they work on consoles first, optimize the game and fix all issues, then port it to PC and optimize it. the problem is they dont have enough time to optimize the PC version and make it with the same release date as consoles. while i think they should increase the work force on PC to get it on schedule BUT as you know all, they wont.

So, i would rather wait another 2-3 months to get a quality game based on DX10 or 11 than getting a crappy game based on DX9 that doesnt actually work well on it because its ported as is from consoles. And the plus for waiting is getting all DLCs released to consoles included with the game which is a fair deal to me.

ACR was a mistake and i hope UBI wont do it again, they just thought they would make us happy and milk PC players for DLCs, but suddenly it appeared that the majority of PC community dont care and didnt buy the DLC, so it was a big loss to them.

And ofcourse i would welcome and be happy for a good optimized game on PC within the same release date as consoles, but it aint gonna happen!

ace3001
03-06-2012, 02:21 AM
It means that the current confirmed release date is only for consoles. I think this was done so that we can't ***** anymore to Ubi for lying about release dates. 6 month delay am confirmed.

Engioc
03-06-2012, 02:57 AM
You are right. They are saying that the release date for PC is tentative and might change. If they drop PC its ok with me at this point. I just saw the trailer and there was an emphasis on fighting multiple characters at once and with guns so its looks like once again the stealth is gone.

I have never jonesed for a game that bad that i got upset at a release date unlike some people. Heck, I have been waiting the TSW for years now and we are still only getting pics and small stuff but at least its being built. Thief 4? A pipe-dream still but its being written. So we wait. Oh...6 pm....lets see what this 5 pm info flood is all about now......

Absolutely, stealth is meaningless in this game unless you invent reasons by yourself. At no point am I ever forced to go stealth apart from missions where we get trained in using it. God knows why they even bother to train us, it's so unnecessary because your a one man army capable of killing thousands with barely a scratch. Even if you do get hurt just pop some pill in the heat of combat and your back to full health.

Why do I need to invent reasons to be stealth when no real reason exists in the game? We're told by some here to just play stealth and pretend there's a good reason for it.

ace3001
03-06-2012, 03:03 AM
Absolutely, stealth is meaningless in this game unless you invent reasons by yourself. At no point am I ever forced to go stealth apart from missions where we get trained in using it. God knows why they even bother to train us, it's so unnecessary because your a one man army capable of killing thousands with barely a scratch. Even if you do get hurt just pop some pill in the heat of combat and your back to full health.

Why do I need to invent reasons to be stealth when no real reason exists in the game? We're told by some here to just play stealth and pretend there's a good reason for it.
Jesus Christ! We don't even know yet how the gameplay will be!

kalo.yanis
03-06-2012, 03:40 AM
while few might agree with me and the majority will not, i REALLY HOPE they delay it this time.

As you all have noticed, AC2 and ACB were delayed, and yet we got a very optimized version of the game which suits the PC specs and i was very pleased with the graphics and performance.

Look at what happened with ACR...

What happened with ACR was that it was miles better optimised than Brotherhood. ACB was a complete lagfest on my PC, whereas ACR runs comparatively well even on 1080p.

Anykeyer
03-06-2012, 08:15 AM
It runs same for me, but its ok since ACR have better visuals.
ACB was buggy as well. All thanks to 1 year development cycle. Delaying PC release does not help, since majority of developers shift focus after consoles versions ship.

YazX_
03-06-2012, 11:47 PM
What happened with ACR was that it was miles better optimised than Brotherhood. ACB was a complete lagfest on my PC, whereas ACR runs comparatively well even on 1080p.

LOL, are you being serious or just a bad joke?!

miles better, really??

when you post the resolution and say working better based on that then you dont know anything about graphics and gaming on PC. so enough said here!!!!

ace3001
03-07-2012, 07:04 AM

miles better, really??

when you post the resolution and say working better based on that then you dont know anything about graphics and gaming on PC. so enough said here!!!!It seems you're the one who knows nothing. If a console port runs decently (say above 30 FPS, though 60 is preferable, but most importantly, without fluctuations) at 1920x1080 on a decent computer, it's a good port.

leonhang
03-07-2012, 04:58 PM
Good News (http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/03/06/fear-not-assassins-creed-3-will-be-on-pc/)

It is confirmed that Assassin's Creed III will be released for PC

Regarding the trailer it seems that only the versions of UK, NL and IT have that special annotations.

I believe they may have gotten the old message as the Coming Soon section of the UK site haven't been updated with Assassin's Creed III.

Also, with seven studios developing this game, it just seems impossible for them to delay the development and release of Assassin's Creed III PC.

Razrback16
03-07-2012, 06:19 PM
Good News (http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/03/06/fear-not-assassins-creed-3-will-be-on-pc/)

It is confirmed that Assassin's Creed III will be released for PC

Regarding the trailer it seems that only the versions of UK, NL and IT have that special annotations.

I believe they may have gotten the old message as the Coming Soon section of the UK site haven't been updated with Assassin's Creed III.

Also, with seven studios developing this game, it just seems impossible for them to delay the development and release of Assassin's Creed III PC.

Glad to hear it. I'm surprised they don't make the PC version the flagship version since it can be shown off in higher resolution, and do so much more with DX11 and more processing power compared to the ancient console versions. Would love for them to implement DX11 / Tesselation in AC3 but I am sure it won't happen. Consoles can't handle it.

kalo.yanis
03-08-2012, 12:49 AM

miles better, really??

when you post the resolution and say working better based on that then you dont know anything about graphics and gaming on PC. so enough said here!!!!

I'm sorry, what? Yes, miles better. And I bet your sweet a** that I know more about computer hardware and gaming than you if you make such stupid claims.

Changing the resolution affects performance. It's actually one of the biggest factors that do. I had to lower it in ACB in order to get a bearable framerate, whereas that isn't the case with ACR. I mean, it's still not silky smooth, but that's because I'm playing on a laptop and with the highest resolution the game can offer. For my configuration, Revelations is better optimised.

End of discussion.

pirate1802
03-08-2012, 04:32 AM
I can confirm this too. Brotherhood ran like **** on my system, Revelations ran much better.

BomBerA
03-08-2012, 03:11 PM
Assassin's Creed III has been in development since AC II. I think they have enough time to make the PC version and optimize it.

ace3001
03-08-2012, 03:41 PM
It seems to be different deals for different people. In my case, Brotherhood ran beautifully. It was pretty much a perfect port for me. But in the case of Revelations, though it ran very smoothly 95% of the time, indoor environments such as the Assassin HQ caused some kind of weird irregular stuttering. But that was a very minor blemish on an otherwise rock solid port.

Razrback16
03-08-2012, 05:28 PM
Ya, Brotherhood ran great for me, but I have a pretty monster gaming rig -- the only spots that lag are certain tombs/maps in particular that are clearly bugged, like the Lucrezia map in DaVinci Disappearance -- there is a lot of strange stuttering on that map for no apparent reason that isn't present in Rome's regular areas.

Revelations was also fine for the most part. Overall they were ported fairly well -- I would prefer to not see porting for the PC version -- I'd rather see development on the PC version since it's SO much more powerful of a platform, but we've unfortunately got the consoles slowing technology and reducing the potential of games.

YazX_
03-09-2012, 12:35 AM
I'm sorry, what? Yes, miles better. And I bet your sweet a** that I know more about computer hardware and gaming than you if you make such stupid claims.

Changing the resolution affects performance. It's actually one of the biggest factors that do. I had to lower it in ACB in order to get a bearable framerate, whereas that isn't the case with ACR. I mean, it's still not silky smooth, but that's because I'm playing on a laptop and with the highest resolution the game can offer. For my configuration, Revelations is better optimised.

End of discussion.

1st of all, dont make assumption you dont know about me, you had to lower your resolution because you have a crappy outdated graphics card.
2nd, i never said that resolution doesnt affect performance, I replied to his comment about saying ACR has better optimization as it runs good on 1920x1080 resolution.
3d, get a good graphics card instead of the cappy one you had, put both on high settings and on high resolution, then you will notice the difference, you will have to turn on V-Sync all the time (Thats if you know what is V-sync and triple buffering), which lags the game as hell which doesnt happen in ACB, MEANING, ACB had better optimization that ACR by far.
4th, ACR and ACB both are built on DX 9 (thats if you know whats is DX), meaning they dont need high/new graphics card to run them, you should get high settings on decent old graphics cards, but you dont especially in ACR

And finally, ACB and ACR are both on high settings on my rig, 4x AA, 16x AF. ACB runs smooth and shows breaking lines (V-Sync on causes no problems and removes all lines), ACR runs crappy with lots of breaking lines and turning on V-sync lags it like hell. So try V-sync (again if you know what that means) on a high end new video card and compare both BUT when you try it on crappy video card, you will not notice any difference because V-Sync on/off will not do any difference for you.

Now, replying to the other Dude:

It seems you're the one who knows nothing. If a console port runs decently (say above 30 FPS, though 60 is preferable, but most importantly, without fluctuations) at 1920x1080 on a decent computer, it's a good port.

Again, running a game on 1920x1080 doesnt mean that the game is WOW and optimized for PC and a good port, it depends on your graphics card, if you have a good graphics card, then it will run any crappy ported game on that resolution, BUT the question is how the game will be like, if you get lags/shuttering/breaking lines, then the game is not a good port and crappy like ACR.

it only runs on high resolutions because its based on Dx9 which doesnt require a high end video card, but it will be laggy and shuttering on high end vid cards which shouldnt be the case as it was not optimized at all for PC. if ACR was built on DX11 with that such GR8 OPTIMIZATION you and that guy claim, it will bring your both PCs to their knees.

P.S: sorry for saying that you know nothing about PC and gaming, unintentional really, didnt mean to mock or bash you, sorry again.