PDA

View Full Version : subject 16... no more?

stefman6987
03-05-2012, 01:52 PM
I'm just as keen as everyone here for ac3, but after reading the GI article, i feel that i may not be as keen... i know everyone is much more interested into the past events rather then desmond's story, i'm the opposite, desmond's story is like the movie inception... just so complex and cool! but the most interesting part of it was subject 16.. he was such a strange and unknown character, i just read that we shouldn't expect much of subject 16 memories.. my issue with this is that , 16's goal was to help desmond.. i don't feel like he has really done much besides warn us of the end of the world which we already knew about from TWCB.. i was hoping that he would play a bigger role in AC3, but maybe they will take another approach, I mean.. i just want to know what wtf happened in eden, and after him getting deleted ( i thought was strange ) maybe he put himself back into the loop? i say this in hope that he may make another appearance

LightRey
03-05-2012, 01:57 PM
Well he did save Desmond's life (and in doing so sacrificed his own) and he helped him get out of his coma.

dxsxhxcx
03-05-2012, 01:57 PM
I don't think he'll make another appearance, maybe he'll be mentioned since some of the things he warned us in ACB didn't happened yet, I believe that message he gave us in ACB will become clear in AC3...

ElDoucherino
03-05-2012, 01:58 PM
Not to mentioned made Desmond aware of the real story of historical events...

Assassin_M
03-05-2012, 01:58 PM
Well first you`re wrong, not everyone despises the present day story arc..
and second if it wasnt for Clay, Desmond would`ve died because he wouldnt know how to get out of the Animus in Revelations..

stefman6987
03-05-2012, 02:10 PM
Well first you`re wrong, not everyone despises the present day story arc..
and second if it wasnt for Clay, Desmond would`ve died because he wouldnt know how to get out of the Animus in Revelations..

ahahah relax dude, i should have said MOST people ... happy?
true i do agree, but remember juno said "help desmond miles" they didn't know he was going to go into a coma, the way i see it is that 16 was suppose to give desmond a bit more insight as to what his mission is, other the side of helping him get out of the animus.. his role just seems.. unfinished

Assassin_M
03-05-2012, 02:14 PM
true i do agree, but remember juno said "help desmond miles" they didn't know he was going to go into a coma, the way i see it is that 16 was suppose to give desmond a bit more insight as to what his mission is, other the side of helping him get out of the animus.. his role just seems.. unfinished
Not even most..
and Those who came before had a "Plan" it was all set up..
The Plan had to be perfect and everyone had a role to play.. Desmond, Lucy and Clay..
Desmond had to kill Lucy to fall into a coma and continue reliving Ezio`s memories but he couldnt have known that without clay telling him, so Clay had to die and preserve his conscience in black room to tell him of the sync nexus and thus complete the cycle of Messages for Desmond and end Clay`s role..

LightRey
03-05-2012, 02:14 PM

Of course they know. First of all Juno was the one who triggered his mental collapse in the first place. Second, we're talking about the people here that have basically seen the future.

Mr_Shade
03-05-2012, 02:18 PM
Guys,

Lets not get too heated - there's a lot of things that are still to come - so lets not jump to any conclusions - or belittle other peoples theories..

stefman6987
03-05-2012, 02:18 PM
Not even most..
and Those who came before had a "Plan" it was all set up..
The Plan had to be perfect and everyone had a role to play.. Desmond, Lucy and Clay..
Desmond had to kill Lucy to fall into a coma and continue reliving Ezio`s memories but he couldnt have known that without clay telling him, so Clay had to die and preserve his conscience in black room to tell him of the sync nexus and thus complete the cycle of Messages for Desmond and end Clay`s role..

look on the forums dude, most posts are about people saying "we don't want desmond" but owell.
yeah i suppose that makes alot more sense, to be honest when desmond discovers 'eden or eve' i'm sure something about subject 16 will be brought up, makes sense..

stefman6987
03-05-2012, 02:19 PM
Guys,

Lets not get too heated - there's a lot of things that are still to come - so lets not jump to any conclusions - or belittle other peoples theories..

yeah, true, being to curious is killing me though..stupid cliff hangers -.-

LightRey
03-05-2012, 02:21 PM
look on the forums dude, most posts are about people saying "we don't want desmond" but owell.
yeah i suppose that makes alot more sense, to be honest when desmond discovers 'eden or eve' i'm sure something about subject 16 will be brought up, makes sense..

Internet forums rarely offer an unbiased sample, especially regarding people's opinions. Haters are most often over represented.

Assassin_M
03-05-2012, 02:21 PM
Of course we`ll hear about clay again, but dont expect to see him..

And Shade, I apologize

stefman6987
03-05-2012, 02:24 PM
Internet forums rarely offer an unbiased sample, especially regarding people's opinions. Haters are most often over represented.

i disagree... quite a few people are on these forums, even if haters are over represented it still means that they disagree with something.. in this case it's desmond's part, but i have seen people say they like desmond's story... i just don't understand how you couldn't like it... it's soo... cool

LightRey
03-05-2012, 02:31 PM
i disagree... quite a few people are on these forums, even if haters are over represented it still means that they disagree with something.. in this case it's desmond's part, but i have seen people say they like desmond's story... i just don't understand how you couldn't like it... it's soo... cool

That's not the point. Haters are over represented, meaning that the amount of negative comments per hater is significantly greater than the amount of positive comments per non-hater. The amount of members is irrelevant.

zerocooll21
03-05-2012, 02:31 PM

B/c with out desmond this entire story falls apart and is just another video game IMO.

People are more willing to complain than praise.

stefman6987
03-05-2012, 02:34 PM
That's not the point. Haters are over represented, meaning that the amount of negative comments per hater is significantly greater than the amount of positive comments per non-hater. The amount of members is irrelevant.

you can say that as much as you want, won't make it true....

LightRey
03-05-2012, 02:36 PM
you can say that as much as you want, won't make it true....

You don't have to believe me. I'm just worried you don't really understand.

stefman6987
03-05-2012, 02:42 PM
You don't have to believe me. I'm just worried you don't really understand.

i won't. why would you be worried? it's ok i can look after myself ahaha

LightRey
03-05-2012, 02:44 PM
i won't. why would you be worried? it's ok i can look after myself ahaha
I worry about people. It's a thing of mine.

stefman6987
03-05-2012, 02:47 PM
I worry about people. It's a thing of mine.

.... why because you think your right and so much better then every one else? your not always right you know

LightRey
03-05-2012, 02:51 PM
.... why because you think your right and so much better then every one else? your not always right you know

Nope, I just care. Also, contrary to popular belief, I don't think I'm always right either and I most certainly don't think I'm better than everyone else.

stefman6987
03-05-2012, 02:58 PM
Nope, I just care. Also, contrary to popular belief, I don't think I'm always right either and I most certainly don't think I'm better than everyone else.

you certainly make people seem that your on a high horse. Whether or not you disagree with what i say that has nothing to do with you... i can freely have my opinion on the game matters ( like i did in this post ), yeah you thought you were right when you said "i'm worried you don't believe me".... what you want me to believe you even though you might be wrong?....

LightRey
03-05-2012, 03:02 PM
you certainly make people seem that your on a high horse. Whether or not you disagree with what i say that has nothing to do with you... i can freely have my opinion on the game matters ( like i did in this post ), yeah you thought you were right when you said "i'm worried you don't believe me".... what you want me to believe you even though you might be wrong?....

I never expressed anything regarding your opinion on any matter, so that is completely irrelevant. I didn't say I was worried you wouldn't believe me. Quite the opposite in fact. I was worried you didn't understand what I was trying to explain. This just further evidences that you don't read through my posts properly, which reinforces my suspicions that you did not understand what I was trying to explain.

stefman6987
03-05-2012, 03:09 PM
I never expressed anything regarding your opinion on any matter, so that is completely irrelevant. I didn't say I was worried you wouldn't believe me. Quite the opposite in fact. I was worried you didn't understand what I was trying to explain. This just further evidences that you don't read through my posts properly, which reinforces my suspicions that you did not understand what I was trying to explain.

i did read that wrong, my bad. Even you say your worried i don't understand just shows you think your right, why should you care if i don't understand , doesn't mean what you say is right. no it's not irrelevant, i said quite a few people hate desmond's part of the story then you went on saying "haters are over represented" which isn't true because people who agree are represented just as much... i understood what you were trying to say, it just made no sense lol

LightRey
03-05-2012, 03:11 PM
i did read that wrong, my bad. Even you say your worried i don't understand just shows you think your right, why should you care if i don't understand , doesn't mean what you say is right. no it's not irrelevant, i said quite a few people hate desmond's part of the story then you went on saying "haters are over represented" which isn't true because people who agree are represented just as much... i understood what you were trying to say, it just made no sense lol

Please show me evidence of this, since you so clearly seem to know it.

stefman6987
03-05-2012, 03:22 PM
Please show me evidence of this, since you so clearly seem to know it.

are you kidding me? it's so easy for you to say that haters are over represented, wheres your proof lol? look on the forums, i saw 2 threads today, people complaining about desmond's story...

LightRey
03-05-2012, 03:26 PM
are you kidding me? it's so easy for you to say that haters are over represented, wheres your proof lol? look on the forums, i saw 2 threads today, people complaining about desmond's story...

I'll give you a simple example. If this forum wasn't biased, ACB would be one of the worst games ever and ACR would be a failure.

stefman6987
03-05-2012, 03:44 PM
I'll give you a simple example. If this forum wasn't biased, ACB would be one of the worst games ever and ACR would be a failure.

.... did you even read what i said? that doesn't prove anything, what i said proves more then what you have said, i loved ACB, best ac game out next to AC2, the quality of the game isn't dependent on these forums lol...so that IS COMPLETELY IRRELEVANT... These forums are for people to post there opinions... unlike everyone else you seem to think that your right with everything.. it's people like you that make these forums seem biased.. my proof, just now, you said i was being biased but you were being completely biased! you said if it wasn't for this forum blabbering about acb and acr they would be the worse games, which isn't true because i loved both of them...

LightRey
03-05-2012, 03:54 PM
.... did you even read what i said? that doesn't prove anything, what i said proves more then what you have said, i loved ACB, best ac game out next to AC2, the quality of the game isn't dependent on these forums lol...so that IS COMPLETELY IRRELEVANT... These forums are for people to post there opinions... unlike everyone else you seem to think that your right with everything.. it's people like you that make these forums seem biased.. my proof, just now, you said i was being biased but you were being completely biased! you said if it wasn't for this forum blabbering about acb and acr they would be the worse games, which isn't true because i loved both of them...

I'm not saying it proves anything. I'm not even trying to prove it. I'm just giving an indication of the obvious bias on forums. You can't base your assumptions on a sample of which you don't know the severity of its bias, especially if there are indications there is significant bias. You also don't seem to understand what "bias" means. I'm not saying you're biased (because stating that a person is biased is pointless, since every single individual is automatically biased unless he's the only relevant individual), I'm saying your sample (i.e. this forum) is biased. There are tons​ of threads and posts on this forum about how ACB and ACR are bad games, many more than there are threads and posts stating the opposite.

You're basing your conclusions on unreliable data, which automatically makes your conclusions unreliable. That is al I was ever saying. Instead you decided for whatever reason to resort to personal attacks and insults towards me and in the process you didn't even read through my posts well.

stefman6987
03-05-2012, 03:57 PM
.. your obviously not reading what I SAID.. i never said these forums were biased you decided to bring it up yourself...?
man i don't like you, theirs no talking sense into you, i'll quit because i know you will never admit how wrong you are.. whatever man, i'm out!

LightRey
03-05-2012, 04:03 PM
.. your obviously not reading what I SAID.. i never said these forums were biased you decided to bring it up yourself...?
man i don't like you, theirs no talking sense into you, i'll quit because i know you will never admit how wrong you are.. whatever man, i'm out!

My god...
I was the one who said the forums are biased. That's what I've been telling you this entire time. You seem to think it isn't biased and though I find that a naive belief, I can respect your thinking that.

What I cannot respect, however, is your attitude towards fellow members and your inability to read through my posts well enough not to misunderstand them completely, like you did just now.

stefman6987
03-05-2012, 04:18 PM
your an idiot... i actually have nothing else to say ahah, i didn't think someone could be so stupid.. but you definitely changed my opinion about that!

LightRey
03-05-2012, 04:23 PM
your an idiot... i actually have nothing else to say ahah, i didn't think someone could be so stupid.. but you definitely changed my opinion about that!

wow... just wow...
The entire reason I started this discussion with you was to inform you about the relevant bias in the first place. I brought it up to debate your conclusion, but I see now that you never even understood that to begin with. Good work on embarrassing yourself though.

Assassin_M
03-05-2012, 05:18 PM
You again ?
Why you gotta be like that ?