PDA

View Full Version : pc servers broken?

AntiChrist7
03-05-2012, 12:21 PM
yesterday when i wanted to play some ACMP, i always got in the loop of "searching for a program session" , with just me being in the lobby/waiting room. this takes ages, and he never finds anything

today i tried it again, same result. my NAT is open (like always). And the synchronization when you start/stop ACR also takes considerably longer

anyone else has this?

Anykeyer
03-05-2012, 02:51 PM
Yes. For me this crap started only today
It does not switch from SP to MP exec for longer than usual for me but matchmaking is totally broken now.
- in lists low activity on all categories, i never saw this before at this time of day
- it finds 40-60 sessions in each of main categories (how is that low activity?)
- but it has trouble to connect, I usually end up in incomplete session with another 1-2 players waiting for synchronisation
- and only after many retries it gives me session full of people
whats going on? is it matchmaking fix for faster creating new sessions with a group? because it seems like incomplete sessions is a priority unlike before
if this is the case than it does not work. because it still takes forever for other players to join. but with matchmaking like this you can rename "play now" but.ton to "play after 30 minutes"

Other than that I have a few other issues:
- started almost a week ago: extremely long save game sync in game launcher. strangely AC 2 is not affected despite using same save game sync functionality
- started yesterday: switching back to SP exec from MP or PR (The Lost Archive) results in offline mode 90% of the time.
- appeared only today: all in-game news in MP's data hub are listed twice

My NAT is green

Ilnor583
03-05-2012, 03:35 PM
Oh thank god someone finally posted it.
Yesterday it was acting up, All last night (weird sleep schedule) and this morning it's been right out BUSTED
I found like 3 games this morning

It seems to "look for games" but not actually connect to the server with the games on it or something like that
because now and again it will do that and you can see 20-40 games up and running

HELP US UBI !!!!!!!!!

:mad:

DirtyImpulz
03-05-2012, 04:13 PM
I'm fairly new to the game, but this is kind of a bummer. Few weeks a go I almost instantly got into games. Now I seem to not be able to join one.
At first I was like: "I sure hope this doesn't mean this game is dead in popularity.".
But since you guys are experiencing the same problem. I guess there is something wrong with matchmaking.

Kind of a bummer, especially since I don't have any friend in game yet. I solely depend on matchmaking.
I Hope we get some response to what's going on.:confused:

AntiChrist7
03-05-2012, 07:23 PM
yeah the only way i managed to play some games is by joining a friend who was already in a match. i i try to look for a match myself i dont find anything.

on the plus side, i managed to increase my introductory score and im only one knife away from the artfull: hit a climbing templar with a throwing knife :p

TB_Jaybird
03-05-2012, 07:47 PM
I have been waiting for something like this.

Ever since yesterday i cant get into any games even with green open NAT.

My green NAT is open and when refreshed in-game it went from green to orange so go figure.http://youtu.be/95_8D9n4mVI

Something fishy is going on again and they are not telling us.

I am even getting INTERNAL ERRORS http://youtu.be/c4u20Ge5ceQ that close sessions.

I was playing in OFFLINE MODE but ONLINE yesterday. WTF?

Anykeyer
03-05-2012, 08:13 PM
Open NAT always goes to moderate after refreshing. Its a game bug. Just like "bad" upload (or Ubi really thinks that 20Mbit upload is bad for voice streaming). Your real NAT is what it shows right after you switch form SP to MP exec.
Is anyone also gets offline after switching back from MP to SP?

AntiChrist7
03-05-2012, 08:47 PM
i think its fixed, found a session right away. although it still takes its time to synchronize when you start and close ACR

also finally got "the artful" :p

HeJurm
03-05-2012, 10:51 PM
Yes. For me this crap started only today
It does not switch from SP to MP exec for longer than usual for me but matchmaking is totally broken now.
- in lists low activity on all categories, i never saw this before at this time of day
- it finds 40-60 sessions in each of main categories (how is that low activity?)
- but it has trouble to connect, I usually end up in incomplete session with another 1-2 players waiting for synchronisation
- and only after many retries it gives me session full of people
whats going on? is it matchmaking fix for faster creating new sessions with a group? because it seems like incomplete sessions is a priority unlike before
if this is the case than it does not work. because it still takes forever for other players to join. but with matchmaking like this you can rename "play now" but.ton to "play after 30 minutes"

Other than that I have a few other issues:
- started almost a week ago: extremely long save game sync in game launcher. strangely AC 2 is not affected despite using same save game sync functionality
- started yesterday: switching back to SP exec from MP or PR (The Lost Archive) results in offline mode 90% of the time.
- appeared only today: all in-game news in MP's data hub are listed twice

My NAT is green

Every single thing you said I will second.

Ilnor583
03-07-2012, 09:59 AM
Finding one game every 5-10 minutes 30-60 minutes if i'm unlucky, mind you, this is using play now function
and i get games that i wouldn't want to play like deathmatch... Always deathmatch.

Not even 3 days ago i was finding a game OF MY CHOOSING every 5-30 seconds
Is nothing wrong at all ? Did the community for this game die in the last 3 days ?

*edit*
I just thought of something, I bought the game when it was on sale on steam.
Maybe the PC community for this game was already dead and the games i was finding were from steam sales and people didn't like it and quit playing...
Is this possible ? Yes... ****....

You see ubi ? This is what happens when you plaster your game with DRM you make the pc community pissed off and now you have no audience except for impulse buyers and rich kids who won't play the game more than once, I hope your sales die if this is indeed what is going on.

Anykeyer
03-07-2012, 10:30 AM
Yesterday servers worked fine for me. I got into games immediately. Havent played today yet so I cant really tell.

DirtyImpulz
03-07-2012, 06:39 PM
It's sad to say, but i think it might indeed be that the PC version of MP is kind of dead. I have bought this game just recently because I didn't want no stupid Xbox life or w/e. My PC works perfectly fine (if not better) and it was 50% cheaper then the Xbox/PS3 version.

I think that PC gamers is a dying breed because of all the tards and kids that can only handle a controller and a pre-chewed machine to play on.

Anykeyer
03-07-2012, 06:46 PM
Today I had no trouble at all. 40+ sessions in single category and no more that 5 seconds to join one of them.
So if you have problems now than something is wrong on your side.

DirtyImpulz
03-07-2012, 06:51 PM
Or the location your living in. But ofc you couldn't grasp that with your narrow minded comment.

Anykeyer
03-07-2012, 06:56 PM
Its your location so its still your problem.
BTW Is bumping 3 topics with useless whines and misinformation considered wide minded now? You already know where you can put your opinion about console players or even your next message.

DirtyImpulz
03-07-2012, 07:27 PM
Not my problem, I payed as much for this game as the next person. I should get the same for my value.
The fact your are just a spoiled little brat is also easily read from your comment.
But flaming aside....

Yeah bumping it is worth if it gets the attention. I want to know what's really going on. A lot of different people complaining about this same problem after the latest patch. Still no answers, we are at least entitled to some kind of response.

And btw it's not because you don't experience the problem that it isn't a conflict in the game itself. Location can be one of the variables. As long as my connection to the host or server is good that's as far as my part has to be. The rest is up to them as a company.

HeJurm
03-07-2012, 07:43 PM
Yeah, after the 1.03 patch the matchmaking has been really ****ed up. Yesterday it worked fine but now again, today it doesnt even try find games but immediately createes a new one. And no one seems to join

AntiChrist7
03-07-2012, 07:50 PM
there was a short time the servers were broeken (= only 2/3 sessions in order instead of 30-40 and staying alone in a created session), but it wasnt that long. it works fine now, it has to be your side

matchmaking is 10x better than brotherhood though, altohugh last time i played he did put me back in a session where i had left. but in brotherhood this was standard procedure, in revelations its exceptional

Anykeyer
03-07-2012, 08:09 PM
Not my problem, I payed as much for this game as the next person. I should get the same for my value.
The fact your are just a spoiled little brat is also easily read from your comment.
But flaming aside....

You came to this forums and started insulting people right from the start. And yet you expect some help from us. You could easily read from my comment that you will never get any help with attitude like that. Thats why you got what you got.
For technical assistance you should contact support. Obviously no one here can teach you how not to be an idiot (and you really need a lesson or two).

DirtyImpulz
03-07-2012, 08:44 PM
I'm not expecting help from people like you. The fact you got flamed at is because of your biased remark of "Lulz I haz no problemz, must be you /care". That not something that would help me in the 1st place so don't BS me with trying to be a goody2shoes.

I know that the problem isn't on my part cause I double checked everything. Ports forwarded, check firewall, etc. There isn't anything I can do more that might solve this. Before the last patch I almost instantaneously joined games. Now it's seems like it only does that at random moments.
With other games and application I have no problems what-so-ever.

All I got from support was "We don't know anything of this kind of problem, contact your ISP for more information". Which doesn't mean anything and is just a prefabricated line. I know this cause I've worked as 1st line tech support and people barely get fair and straight answers on matters like this. Not that I blame those people. They probably know as much as I do if there is a problem like this.

Ow and btw, I might be acting like a idiot but I'm at least not so full of myself as you are.

Anykeyer
03-07-2012, 09:16 PM
Its finally starting to be amusing.
Read your first message on page 2 with that "opinion" about console players and statement about MP being dead "indeed".
Thats why I informed you of the fact that MP working perfectly fine. And that also why I didnt bother helping you.
The only thing you got right is that I dont care. I dont care about "tards and kids" as you call them, who so full of themselfs, believing to belong to master race (or at least "breed") and all that. In fact MP would be better without them. They mainly just speak prafanity or scream stupid things in mic. Thats yet another reason for not helping you, because you clearly one of them.

DirtyImpulz
03-07-2012, 09:35 PM
Like I said, I don't want YOUR help so stop trying to act like I should.
I said that I thought it was dead or at least seemed like it is. The fact you came in and bragged about how you didn't have a problem isn't helping anyone unless your ego.

Also if you could read you would understand that the tard and kids part was directed to the general console gamer who has no idea of how the thing actually works and just loves to pay overpriced amounts of money for it.
You imagined it was intended on people that annoy you on MP and automatically put yourself above that group to seem like you're a better person.
This just proves the fact your so full of yourself you think you are such a **** pro at this game.

Anykeyer
03-07-2012, 09:49 PM
Funny. You dont understand a thing. I didnt imagine anything. I knew you were talking about general console player being "tards and kids" comparing them to your "breed". I event told you that in my previous message, improve your reading skills. Still dont get it? You are not better than anyone. There is same type of people playing on any given platform. So save this "full of" to youself. You assuming so much things and yet you cant comprehend simple ones.
At least dont be silly. There is no such thing as professional players in this game, since you cant make enough money in it to make this your profession. But if you have any doubt that I can kick your *** in this game really hard then dont.
And stop counting others money. You already done this twice.

DirtyImpulz
03-07-2012, 10:07 PM
Because most PC gamers have an idea how hard and software works so on the part of knowledge I am better then the average console gamer. As a person I'm not better and that's what you are implying.
The 'pro' thing wasn't meant in the way of professional (as in making money) but you knew that, didn't you?! Trying to be the smart one again?
I'm counting other peoples money as much as I want if that is related to what I get for mine. That's not a whole lot at this moment.

It's always easy to be the better one if you aren't the one having the problems.

AntiChrist7
03-08-2012, 08:43 AM
if the game works for person 1,2,3,4.... untill person 999999, except for him, its not difficult to draw conclusions. dont bother with it anykeyer

DirtyImpulz
03-08-2012, 02:57 PM
I don't know if you read any of the other topics but it seems clearly I'm not the only one with this problem. So think again if you want to draw any conclusions....

Ilnor583
03-08-2012, 06:48 PM
I think the community is here and trying to play multiplayer but ubisoft servers are the ones to blame.

I came to this conclusion after trying to unplug my router and try to find a game and it is just as difficult.
The second part of me blaming ubisoft is from the occasional chance of finding 35+ active games.
So it's like theres several internet networks instead of one big cloud of games, It may be based on location and ping as well, so if my ping spikes up to 110 it won't find games.
Either way something funky is going on and it feels like it's not on my end as i've tried everything on my end except for moving to another state.

Ubi... What's up ?

SixKeys
03-09-2012, 03:25 AM
This is happening to me too for several days already. It seemed to be fixed again at one point, now it's back to constantly searching for sessions and never being able to find any games unless I "Join Friends".

AntiChrist7
03-09-2012, 08:41 AM
This is happening to me too for several days already. It seemed to be fixed again at one point, now it's back to constantly searching for sessions and never being able to find any games unless I "Join Friends".

yes, for the moment (since last sunday) the servers are quite unstable, thats why i opened this thread, to see if anyone else had problems.

for example, yesterday afternoon ,the servers were intact, with 30-40 sessions. yesterday evening however, they were broken again, with only 2-3 sessions, and only being able to play with friends.

has anyone ever send a form to ubisoft for this? i didnt because i thought it wouldnt last for a week (and whenever it works decently, like yesterday afternoon, i assume its fixed)

cbapiaz
03-09-2012, 02:45 PM
yep is definitely broken since a few days i can't find any matches quickly as i did before, and last night it was impossible to find matches, i ended up playing a private match with a friend cuz we couldn't find any matches.... sadly ubisoft still hates PC players :(

DirtyImpulz
03-09-2012, 05:07 PM
has anyone ever send a form to ubisoft for this? i didnt because i thought it wouldnt last for a week (and whenever it works decently, like yesterday afternoon, i assume its fixed)

I have but the only thing they said was:

"Thank you for contacting Ubisoft Technical Support regarding Assassin's Creed: Revelations.

In order to respond to this email, please update this incident (Please do not create a new incident)

To try to solve this problem please follow the next steps.

1. Un-install the game and then try to re-install the game.

2. Download and install patch 1.01

3. Then download and install 1.02

4. Then download and install 1.03

If you have any further queries or issues please do not hesitate to contact us again and we will assist you further.

Although I said I've done that 2 times already.
So dunno what to think about it....

AntiChrist7
03-09-2012, 06:52 PM
yeah ive send a mail too this afternoon. but i also just have played an hour...

Apfelchip
03-09-2012, 08:10 PM
You have to answer about 3 times till you get real support. Fist youll get some pre-wrote text, then youll get an real person writing with you.

Sry 4 bad english, but im realy pissed off... wanna play. :(

Anykeyer
03-09-2012, 08:21 PM
For last 2 days there is times when there is all ok and there is times when it cant find any sessions despite supposed medium activity. Im convinced that there is sessions to find, but game is just "blind", because I can connect to friends at this times. Its just another matchmaking bugs ubisofts servers plagued with since monday.

Ilnor583
03-09-2012, 08:53 PM
For last 2 days there is times when there is all ok and there is times when it cant find any sessions despite supposed medium activity. Im convinced that there is sessions to find, but game is just "blind", because I can connect to friends at this times. Its just another matchmaking bugs ubisofts servers plagued with since monday.

Nailed it.

This is how i see it

RexNovus
03-09-2012, 11:25 PM
Played for an hour today, after that it couldn't find anything. Medium activity, it said.. I'm pretty sure it's a problem at Ubisoft's end and it needs to be fixed, darn.

blackjep
03-10-2012, 02:03 AM
adding my complains related to the hard time trying to actually join a session
since the day before yesterday it has been a pain play multiplayer =_= uh, oh... I mean TRY TO play

and somehow the session(host) seem to be more unstable? I have been disconnected from my current session twice while playing what was a bugger considering the time taken for join them in first place XD

sabretooth.au
03-10-2012, 03:40 AM
Same problem here. Green nat, fresh install of 1.03 and I can't find games It's been erratic ever since the 1.03 patch.

lhgvboy28
03-10-2012, 05:02 AM
I never played a single session of the extra content maps of the Mediterranean Traveler DLC due to the lack of players, and now I can't play the default maps. Why? There are no sessions that can be found.

I'm very happy now

SixKeys
03-10-2012, 05:10 AM
I have but the only thing they said was:

"Thank you for contacting Ubisoft Technical Support regarding Assassin's Creed: Revelations.

In order to respond to this email, please update this incident (Please do not create a new incident)

To try to solve this problem please follow the next steps.

1. Un-install the game and then try to re-install the game.

2. Download and install patch 1.01

3. Then download and install 1.02

4. Then download and install 1.03

If you have any further queries or issues please do not hesitate to contact us again and we will assist you further.

Yeah, no. I already had to do all that when I paid for the Lost Archive DLC because Ubisoft didn't bother to check their s***y patch before releasing it to the public. It broke the game for almost everyone who downloaded it and BY THE WAY, this was never officially acknowledged in any official mod post. I'm not going to uninstall and reinstall the whole freaking game every time Ubi's servers are effin' broken, that's just stupid. They need to FIX THEIR D@MN SERVERS already which have been unstable since day one.

DirtyImpulz
03-10-2012, 08:21 PM
I told you something was up on Ubisofts part. I'm glad you finally take it serious.

Unlucky_x20
03-10-2012, 10:21 PM
I have the same error, but this time dont find any session just create one...

bri2ny
03-10-2012, 10:31 PM
Still having these issues. I'm pretty sure the community hasn't died yet, the Multiplayer matches are just bugged to hell. Even if it does create a match after countless failed searches, it won't allow me or anyone else to stay long enough to get the game going. I really wish Ubisoft would do something about this already, it's been going on for a while now.

Unlucky_x20
03-10-2012, 10:32 PM
Ubi stop make ASC3 and repair this first. :D

YazX_
03-10-2012, 10:57 PM
ok its better you dont find a match seriously, this crap is now ****tier, it lags on the menu, so what do you expect in gameplay, the game is unplayable, not only broken by bugs reported since beta release on PS3, it freezes every 2 seconds for 1 second, delays when deploying abilities AND THE ****IN MESSAGE YOU DONT HAVE THE ABILITY WHEN PRESS THE **** BU T TON, and nothing works at all!!!!

Ubi reached the max of crap, this thing has been for 2 days now and they didnt even ****in care to fix it!!!

ok ill dump this crap for a while until proper fixes are verified which i know deep down they will never arrive.

positive_4_life
03-11-2012, 12:38 AM
can we please get an official response? I am having these problems as well

asparagus666
03-11-2012, 10:50 AM
Same issues here. Based in europe. Not a happy panda :mad:

sabretooth.au
03-11-2012, 01:50 PM
And the issues continue. I managed to get a game last night but had no luck this morning, this afternoon and tonight.

Absurd.

pich240486
03-11-2012, 03:20 PM
Same for me, i want to play....

Ilnor583
03-11-2012, 05:29 PM
UBI WAKE THE **** UP
I BOUGHT YOUR GAME FOR MULTIPLAYER
CAN I ****ING PLAY THE GAME NOW?

****ers take my money and provide me no service

Ilnor583
03-11-2012, 05:31 PM
Here lemmie show you what just happened while i was alt-tabbed out of ACR

Trying to connect to game 1/5
Trying to connect to game 2/5
Trying to connect to game 3/5
Trying to connect to game 4/5
Trying to connect to game 5/5
Creating New Session
1 Player found
2 Players found
NO game session found
Would you like to restart your search ?

WHAT ABOUT THOSE 2 GUYS
WHY KICK US OUT

*edit*
Here's the kicker, i even bought your DLC just for the online bonus maps and characters and what-not
No love for a player that helps you guys out ?

Anykeyer
03-11-2012, 06:40 PM
Looks like restarting fixes this problem. Almost. Game finds much more sessions but still have difficulty connecting to them. But at least it connects after some time.
Ubi should wake up. Its already a week and no official statement on whats going on.

j0kay
03-11-2012, 07:44 PM
Looks like restarting fixes this problem.

PC or Game?

TranshumanTWO
03-11-2012, 07:47 PM
I can't connect to ANY games since the patch. My NAT is open and I even tried directly connecting to the modem instead of through a router.

Gontar
03-11-2012, 07:59 PM
Same thing, nothing works. I'm seriously disappointed by the whole situation.

Ilnor583
03-11-2012, 08:01 PM
I tried reinstalling the game through steam.
No changes
It's 100% not on my end

Unlucky_x20
03-11-2012, 08:17 PM
Me is (soz for copypaste):

Trying to connect to game 1/5
Trying to connect to game 2/5
Trying to connect to game 3/5
Creating New Session
No players found

SAME

Restart search.

SixKeys
03-11-2012, 09:31 PM
Sure would be nice if we could get some kind of official acknowledgment about this problem....

*crickets*

TranshumanTWO
03-11-2012, 09:39 PM
Ya it says "medium activity" so at least some people are able to play. Would be nice to know how since I bought this game exclusively for its multiplayer.

hyoid.TR
03-11-2012, 09:43 PM
I can't connect to ANY games since the patch. My NAT is open and I even tried directly connecting to the modem instead of through a router.

same thing. Ubi have to do something about this its getting really annoying for thousands of PC users. We hate you UBI!!

hyoid.TR
03-11-2012, 09:46 PM
Same for me, i want to play....
++++++

Anykeyer
03-11-2012, 11:50 PM
PC or Game?

Game, just returning to SP main menu and relaunching MP is enough. But sometimes it requires more than one try.

Everlynn
03-12-2012, 05:21 AM
My partner and I have not been able to find any multiplayer matches, on any game mode, at any time of day, since the 4th of March (just before this threat was created). Good thing to know we are not the only ones having this problem, but I wish Ubisoft would acknowledge it or at least do something about it.... it's particularly irritating because (just like someone else on this thread) we just bought the DLC maps and character pack, but we've been unable to use them. If they don't fix it soon I'll be writing an angry email asking for my money back... multiplayer has been unplayable for us for over a week : (

When we try and search for a game (even when there is "medium" activity) it will say "looking for sessions", then "Trying to join session 0/0" will pop up for a split second, sometimes too fast for us to read it. Then it goes to create a session, but of course, nobody ever joins our sessions. It stays like this until we get that error message that tells us to search again or go back to the main menu... and the loop starts again.

We've tried exiting to the SP menu like someone in this thread suggested, but that doesn't work for us either. If anyone finds a solution to this, please post it : /

Aussie Paul
03-12-2012, 06:17 AM
Been having this problem for about a week now, it's very frustrating. I just bought the DLC maps too.... Haven't even got a chance to use them.

jodan633
03-12-2012, 08:44 AM
Having been facing the same issue for the past two days until now.....Please help Ubi!!! :(

jodan633
03-12-2012, 08:49 AM
Also experienced being kicked out from on-going session(s) by some others for no reasons. As a result, I had wasted time and lost almost-getting earned scores...I think such demeanour should NOT be entertained if we all want to participate and play together as in one big family....

AntiChrist7
03-12-2012, 10:55 AM
Been having this problem for about a week now, it's very frustrating. I just bought the DLC maps too.... Haven't even got a chance to use them.

you will barely have the chanche to use them. the dlc isnt very popular (cause its quite expaensive). 99% of the times if you go "play now", you will end up on the standard maps

Qi88
03-12-2012, 11:40 AM
Has anybody got the 1.04 Patch? Because they said it would have been released during the previous week but my game still hasn't downloaded anything. Don't know if the problems with the MP (that EVERYONE is experiencing) may be correlated...

derfy2
03-12-2012, 01:04 PM
The Title Update 1.04 is contained within 1.03 for PC players, from what I've heard.

Aussie Paul
03-12-2012, 01:21 PM
you will barely have the chanche to use them. the dlc isnt very popular (cause its quite expaensive). 99% of the times if you go "play now", you will end up on the standard maps

Oh well, I do really like the game (well, at least when I could still get MP matches) so I'm not too unhappy to hear that.

Everlynn
03-12-2012, 02:40 PM
Well after a few emails back and forth to Ubisoft support I have sent them my log files. So hopefully they can work out what is going on... if I find anything in regards to how to fix this, I'll let you guys know.

One multiplayer match found in over a week is lame : (

spectatorx
03-12-2012, 02:42 PM
A moment ago i played a match.

Anykeyer
03-12-2012, 02:44 PM
I play them every day. Its not always like this. This crap disappears and reappears out of freaking nowhere.

sabretooth.au
03-12-2012, 02:56 PM
Well after a few emails back and forth to Ubisoft support I have sent them my log files. So hopefully they can work out what is going on... if I find anything in regards to how to fix this, I'll let you guys know.

One multiplayer match found in over a week is lame : (
Yep still ongoing here, too. The last night I had a bunch of decent games was probably also the same day I saw you in a server.

What log files did you send them? Is this something that we can get the game to generate for us and have a look at?

SixKeys
03-12-2012, 04:03 PM
Just curious, are any of you people able to get into Simple Deathmatch without problems? For some reason that's the only mode where I can still find sessions without having to join a friend or waiting for hours.

Makes me think Simple Deathmatch is hosted on a separate server. If that's the case and all the other modes are on different servers, that pretty much proves the problem lies with Ubisoft's servers.

Anykeyer
03-12-2012, 04:28 PM
Its also easier to join sessions on DLC maps.
I suspect that less actual sessions = more chances to join one of them. Because broken matchmaking almost always finds some sessions, but looks like it prefers to pick full ones (with 8 players and because of that unjoinable).

SneakyCharlie
03-12-2012, 06:18 PM
Yep...same for me, I can't play at all but if I try to play on my PS3 it works perfectly. I shouldn't have bought ACR for PC because it's full of problems. When ac3 comes out I'll only buy it on the PS3, I don't even care if I have pay a bit more. At least the servers are not the same crap as the PC ones.

AntiChrist7
03-12-2012, 06:22 PM
Yep...same for me, I can't play at all but if I try to play on my PS3 it works perfectly. I shouldn't have bought ACR for PC because it's full of problems. When ac3 comes out I'll only buy it on the PS3, I don't even care if I have pay a bit more. At least the servers are not the same crap as the PC ones.

i always find it very hard to feel sympathy for people who are rich (and stupid) enough to buy the same game twice for different systems. espeically when you say "i dont care i have to pay a bit more". you just bought the same thing twice.....

Anyway, staying on topic, i got a reply back (in dutch, despite sending it in english), saying that they are aware there are problems, and that tuesday the 12th of march (so tomorrow) the servers will be offline for big maintainance.

Ilnor583
03-12-2012, 06:33 PM
i always find it very hard to feel sympathy for people who are rich (and stupid) enough to buy the same game twice for different systems. espeically when you say "i dont care i have to pay a bit more". you just bought the same thing twice.....

Anyway, staying on topic, i got a reply back (in dutch, despite sending it in english), saying that they are aware there are problems, and that tuesday the 12th of march (so tomorrow) the servers will be offline for big maintainance.

This is what i want to hear !!!!
I'm hopeful for what this might bring

SneakyCharlie
03-12-2012, 06:39 PM
I didn't say that I BOUGHT the game twice. I played one of my friend's game and I noticed how fast you get put in games. For me the PC version worked fine until a couple of weeks ago and if the problems don't get solved I might not consider buying the next game in the franchise for the same platform.

Anykeyer
03-12-2012, 06:59 PM
Really good news for once. I just hope this maintenance will help.
Strange then why my support guy asking me questions when this is a known issue...

SixKeys
03-12-2012, 07:08 PM
If they are aware of the problems, why is there still no official acknowledgment of it here on the forums or the Facebook page? Seriously, Ubi: customer communication. Learn it.

DirtyImpulz
03-12-2012, 07:52 PM
Probably because most of the people there are mindlessly following scripted replies and not actually thinking for themselves. Sometimes you get lucky and get a guy/girl that actually has an idea what he/she is doing and actually helps.

Still, Ubisoft could have easily put up some kind of message about this for their players... Costumer-care much?!

Black_Widow9
03-12-2012, 09:13 PM
Please make sure that you are all contacting Ubisoft Support so they aware of the issue. You can follow the link in my signature.

mr_doom1987
03-12-2012, 09:46 PM
For me, it's not a problem of finding matches. The problem is that it puts me like 9 out of 10 times in match that has already started. It's not bad when it puts me in a match that has 8-9 mins on the clock, but it puts me in a match with 30 seconds remaining! (in my first ACR match it was 10 seconds). Horrible! :mad:

Everlynn
03-12-2012, 10:12 PM
What log files did you send them? Is this something that we can get the game to generate for us and have a look at?

The files are in C-> Program Files -> Ubisoft -> Ubisoft Game Lancher -> Logs.

I couldn't make head or tail out of them, but anyway.

If they are aware of the problems, why is there still no official acknowledgment of it here on the forums or the Facebook page? Seriously, Ubi: customer communication. Learn it.

I second that. I did recieve aknowledgement when I posted on the Ubisoft support facebook page, but all they really told me was to submit a ticket, which of course we've all already done.

For me, it's not a problem of finding matches. The problem is that it puts me like 9 out of 10 times in match that has already started. It's not bad when it puts me in a match that has 8-9 mins on the clock, but it puts me in a match with 30 seconds remaining! (in my first ACR match it was 10 seconds). Horrible! :mad:

I would love it if this happened to me. At least when the match finished, you would be able to play the next one from the start... we can't get into any matches at all.

Just curious, are any of you people able to get into Simple Deathmatch without problems? For some reason that's the only mode where I can still find sessions without having to join a friend or waiting for hours.

For me all matches are equally has hard to get into, I can't get any matches anywhere, including Simple Deathmatch.

Well, this is promising!! Hopefully this fixes the issue, but like others have said, if they are aware there are problems, they could at least tell us...

anarchopunx
03-12-2012, 10:14 PM
I Bought the game just for the multiplayer basicly.. and this sucks major behinds!... anyone who wants to play.. add me to you friend list..
I will accept everyone

AntiChrist7
03-12-2012, 11:06 PM

this is nothing new, and already happened in brotherhood. its annoying sometimes, yes, but whats more annoying is quitting that match, searching for another, and geeting dropped in the same one again, 3 times in a row. that constantly happened in brotherhood

Aussie Paul
03-13-2012, 09:10 AM
Well, servers have come back online now and I think it's working... sort of. At least I've been in lobbies with other players, so I'm not sure if it's working and there's no matches or it's not working but it's a step better than it was.

I'll come back to post any updates if I get into a match

Aussie Paul
03-13-2012, 09:14 AM
Woot! Got into a match =) Mine is working now =D

mr_doom1987
03-13-2012, 09:36 AM
What?! Another 2xXP weekend is coming! Again?! Well, maybe this is Ubi's way of encouraging more gamers to play the game. Hopefully, this would fix (at least, for a short while) the long match searching.

Everlynn
03-13-2012, 10:04 AM
Yay, after the servers went down for maintenence today, matches appear to be working again! Hopefully it stays working this time.

Have fun playing online everyone! : )

Anykeyer
03-13-2012, 10:45 AM
I noticed that this forums didnt go offline for maintenance. But they was working badly as well for week or too for me. Pages do not load fully all the time. Maybe its just because AC3 reveal and increased number of visitors.

anarchopunx
03-13-2012, 11:05 AM
i actually played a match this morning.. after 9 o clock +1GM time..
Don't know if it was like this yesterday morning.. but i was happy to grab some AC R multiplayer action just before work..
I just hope the servers are working tonight...

DirtyImpulz
03-13-2012, 12:07 PM
Finally some good news!!
Though I still don't like how we were basically kept in the dark...

Aah well, I'm glad I can play again.

AntiChrist7
03-13-2012, 12:38 PM
I noticed that this forums didnt go offline for maintenance. But they was working badly as well for week or too for me. Pages do not load fully all the time. Maybe its just because AC3 reveal and increased number of visitors.

forum was offline very short this morning i think. or it was yesterday evening. (cant remember that well :p)

anyway, im stuck at university untill this evening. glad that it seems to be fixed

Ilnor583
03-13-2012, 04:06 PM
as one who's posted a lot on here

It seems fixed now

I JUST WISH THEY TOLD US
or acknowledged the problem or something..

Taorgax
03-13-2012, 06:35 PM
I bought AC Rev during the latest Steam sale (I believe a couple weeks ago?), and been trying to play MP ever since. I think I've only ever managed to join a single match :( I was excited when you guys started posting that it was fixed today, but it's still pretty much the same for me.

I've forwarded all required ports, installed all patches, uninstalled and reinstalled, and still nothing :(

UPDATE: managed to join a couple games now :) it seems I'm unable to join ongoing games though, just the ones that haven't started yet

TheLeoCrow
03-13-2012, 09:01 PM
as one who's posted a lot on here

It seems fixed now

I JUST WISH THEY TOLD US
or acknowledged the problem or something..

Quite honestly I prefare to see action than words so as long as it's fixed, I don't care if they acknowledge it publicly or not

blackjep
03-13-2012, 10:41 PM
it seems I'm unable to join ongoing games though, just the ones that haven't started yet

yet this is odd
I have a moderate NAT and still starting from today I'm able to play without problem, when before I could play just fine

about the double weekend exp, my guess is they want to test if the fixes they did worked fine for all the players it seems like the issues started when the number of players increased :confused:

Taorgax
03-13-2012, 11:36 PM
yet this is odd
I have a moderate NAT and still starting from today I'm able to play without problem, when before I could play just fine

about the double weekend exp, my guess is they want to test if the fixes they did worked fine for all the players it seems like the issues started when the number of players increased :confused:

yeah, that's changed along the day. Now I can join ongoing games, but I still go through several "trying to join session"'s before it works. It's a lot better than before though, so I can't really complain.

Also, what's up with the green/moderate nat thing? I usually start out as "open NAT" when I start the MP client, but if I try to refresh its status (in the online options) it always changes to moderate.

YazX_
03-14-2012, 12:47 AM
yep fixed, menu doesnt lag anymore, and joining session went back to normal.

I have to say that the game lags less now, but it has been a day, so i cant judge.

Ilnor583
03-14-2012, 04:46 AM
Quite honestly I prefare to see action than words so as long as it's fixed, I don't care if they acknowledge it publicly or not

Yea that's cool... But during that action taking 30 seconds to whip out a phone and type "We know... we're working on it" isn't much to ask

SixKeys
03-14-2012, 05:11 AM
Just tested it today and things seem to be back to normal. I submitted a ticket to support two days ago and got a reply from them where they basically said the servers had been undergoing maintenance and that the game should be working now. I'm sorry, but maintenance for over a week? (Which is when the problems started.) Without even a tiny short acknowledgment of the problem here on the forums?

Anykeyer
03-14-2012, 07:00 AM
Looks like its not only fixed but works better than before in case with group matchmaking. I takes much less time to find another 2 playes with a group of 2.

ElleCore
03-14-2012, 12:29 PM
Yep.. it works faster for me too than before, even for group matchmaking.. Thank you Ubi :D

Everlynn
03-22-2012, 10:24 AM
Is it just me or is the problem back again? I can't connect to games tonight, doing the same thing it was doing before. And there's been a surge in people posting on the Ubisoft support facebook page, having the same problem, but only since yesterday. Well done Ubisoft.

Sukramo
03-22-2012, 08:18 PM
Its back.

TB_Jaybird
03-24-2012, 01:21 PM
Stuck in a loading loop? Trying to create session and nothing ever happens? People come into your session and leave but it never gets full or you get removed before it does get full?

Stuck in trying to create session and then exit the game only to see the game displaying that you are in OFFLINE MODE and that is why you were not connecting to anybody?

Start a new game from the start menu and then have the game tell you that the connection to the server has been re-established when you log into MP when the game before you were told that you were playing the MP portion of the game in OFFLINE MODE.

Refresh a green NAT to get orange and then cant connect to a soul?

This is ALL just routine server maintenance people. There are no bugs in this game. IF you do have one make a TICKET lmao. I am not gona fix your game you fools. I am not stupid. I dont even play this game. Cant. You wont let me anyway.