PDA

View Full Version : Assassins Creed 3 Trailer Speculation Thread

GeneralTrumbo
03-05-2012, 07:04 AM
So, I figured with the new trailer for Assassins Creed 3 being released within hours, why not ask everyone's opinion on what they think will happen in the trailer. What do you guys think the new trailer will consist of?

Subject-22
03-05-2012, 07:06 AM
it will be about assassins

salted onions
03-05-2012, 07:10 AM
It'll probably highlight the new method of free roaming and the new combat system, in a more exaggerated manner due to the tendency of CGI trailers to do that. Overall it'll be informative, and make me pee a little in my pants in excitement.

Jexx21
03-05-2012, 07:12 AM
Why do you keep making new topics? This easily falls into Assassin's Creed 3 general discussion.

The13Doctors
03-05-2012, 07:14 AM
It isn't official if you made it.

I don't want to have to search through a 100 page thread for every detail of the game.

Good thing you made this thread, hopefully people will post here instead of making a lot of other threads.

Jexx21
03-05-2012, 07:15 AM
You don't have to search through the thread for every detail, seeing as it's a discussion topic, not a list of what's in the game.

Subject-22
03-05-2012, 07:24 AM
You don't have to search through the thread for every detail, seeing as it's a discussion topic, not a list of what's in the game.

okay now i think your trolling

Jexx21
03-05-2012, 07:25 AM
..I'm not..

Look through my history, I've done this before with IGN videos about ACR.

The13Doctors
03-05-2012, 07:27 AM
..I'm not..

Look through my history, I've done this before with IGN videos about ACR.

There's nothing wrong with making a general purpose thread, but don't start going around trying to censor everything related if it isn't under your wings.

Gosh, you are starting to act like Ub-...

Never mind.

Jexx21
03-05-2012, 07:28 AM
Dude, I'm just trying to help let the forum be less cluttered.

The13Doctors
03-05-2012, 07:31 AM

I know, I said it half jokingly. :p

But seriously, this thread is about the trailer, not directly something AC3, calm your role a bit.

imonthenet
03-05-2012, 07:35 AM
Well I think it'll contain a little bit of history behind Connor, and a little look to the future, in an aim to get us psyched for whenever the next info drop is. And of course, it will also produce a little pee in my pants. Not kidding.

Subject-22
03-05-2012, 07:35 AM
you realyly don't need to do that this forum is not bad compared to alot of other video game forums.

GeneralTrumbo
03-05-2012, 08:04 AM
Why do you keep making new topics? This easily falls into Assassin's Creed 3 general discussion.
Just like almost every topic in this forum. This thread is all for speculation on the trailer

GeneralTrumbo
03-05-2012, 08:05 AM
It'll probably highlight the new method of free roaming and the new combat system, in a more exaggerated manner due to the tendency of CGI trailers to do that. Overall it'll be informative, and make me pee a little in my pants in excitement.
I'm crossing my fingers for a gameplay trailer.

salted onions
03-05-2012, 08:09 AM
I'm crossing my fingers for a gameplay trailer.

Unlikely, but one can hope! With the Game Developer Conference right around the corner too, maybe gameplay will be shown off then (though I find this unlikely as well).

Limed_-
03-05-2012, 08:12 AM
So, I heard it will be about this guy called Connor.
It's supposed to be set in in America.

oh wait..

GeneralTrumbo
03-05-2012, 08:13 AM
Unlikely, but one can hope! With the Game Developer Conference right around the corner too, maybe gameplay will be shown off then (though I find this unlikely as well).
Although, we will find out tons more information then.

GeneralTrumbo
03-05-2012, 08:13 AM
So, I heard it will be about this guy called Connor.
It's supposed to be set in in America.

oh wait..
What are you getting at?

salted onions
03-05-2012, 08:16 AM
Although, we will find out tons more information then.

They're already releasing a lot in a short amount of time, I'm hoping they're keeping some really good stuff for later on! Don't want to burn out us fans with an information overload so early on the hype train :P

GeneralTrumbo
03-05-2012, 08:18 AM
They're already releasing a lot in a short amount of time, I'm hoping they're keeping some really good stuff for later on! Don't want to burn out us fans with an information overload so early on the hype train :P
What if they have so much information, they can keep telling us it up to release?

The13Doctors
03-05-2012, 08:19 AM

Actually think back to AC2, they had all the trailers on the changes from AC1 to AC2, I hope they have similar trailers for this guy. I am really hopping that it isn't a Cinematic trailer, it'd be pointless, we already know how epic the cinematics are. Also, the Esco teaser said that they will reveal everything, also with all the recent information that's coming in, Game Informer already having played the game, I don't think a Cinematic trailer would make sense right now.

salted onions
03-05-2012, 08:21 AM
@The13Doctors

While this would make sense, they've introduced every AC game with a CG trailer first, then a gameplay trailer after, so I don't think they'll stray from that path :P

@GeneralTrumbo

Then god help us all when we try to cipher through the forum spams of confused fans.

The13Doctors
03-05-2012, 08:28 AM
@The13Doctors

While this would make sense, they've introduced every AC game with a CG trailer first, then a gameplay trailer after, so I don't think they'll stray from that path :P

Actually it makes even more sense now, they have completely changed their schedule and moved things forward, I mean a trailer, March 5th? That's a strayed path. Also, a cinematic trailer doesn't reveal everything, Esco keeps hinting at some real knowledge so I am hoping and believing that it will be a Gameplay trailer.

salted onions
03-05-2012, 08:42 AM
Actually it makes even more sense now, they have completely changed their schedule and moved things forward, I mean a trailer, March 5th? That's a strayed path. Also, a cinematic trailer doesn't reveal everything, Esco keeps hinting at some real knowledge so I am hoping and believing that it will be a Gameplay trailer.

They would be silly not to have a CG trailer since it's the cool new thing to do for all the new games, and I don't think they'd scrap it just because a Best Buy worker leaked their game a few days early. CG trailers can still be extremely informative, such as the AC2 trailer revealing Ezio's disarming and use of a spear, and his use of the hidden gun. (Though it could also be full of lies and deceit such as Altair using the Crossbow in AC1's first trailer.). I doubt if someone leaked the AC2 early, they would've scrapped their plans and just threw another random trailer they had out there. They plan these reveals out very early and very methodically.

The13Doctors
03-05-2012, 09:17 AM
They would be silly not to have a CG trailer since it's the cool new thing to do for all the new games, and I don't think they'd scrap it just because a Best Buy worker leaked their game a few days early. CG trailers can still be extremely informative, such as the AC2 trailer revealing Ezio's disarming and use of a spear, and his use of the hidden gun. (Though it could also be full of lies and deceit such as Altair using the Crossbow in AC1's first trailer.). I doubt if someone leaked the AC2 early, they would've scrapped their plans and just threw another random trailer they had out there. They plan these reveals out very early and very methodically.

They aren't changing things because of the leak. Actually, the Best Buy leak is completely irrelevant. The details have been released early by Ubisoft. CG trailers are cool, but I think they should be kept for E3, to get people interested in getting it. At this point, it's all about information. They are revealing a lot of information this month and they've got something with a Conference I've heard about. Don't know much about that. We already know what a E3 trailer will be like, nothing new, not revealing any actual information. I'm not saying that they stop what they are doing for it, I'm suggesting that they have it all planned. I'm personally leaning towards the types of trailers they had for AC2 factions and weapons, something informational, and a Cinematic Teaser (which is what they are), at E3 to pump up the crowd.

pacmanate
03-05-2012, 09:24 AM
Do people make threads around here for the sake of it? We all know when the trailer is released then there will be 8 new threads on it.

The13Doctors
03-05-2012, 09:36 AM
Do people make threads around here for the sake of it? We all know when the trailer is released then there will be 8 new threads on it.

It is inevitable, it dies out within the hour anyways. Just before the trailer, one of these hasn't been made, there's just been speculation across all the other threads, here's one about the trailer.

Captain Tomatoz
03-05-2012, 09:38 AM
It'll probably be the guy from the previous trailers and say; "America, the 18th Century." and then some other stuff and end with a witty repeatable line that's used as the games tagline :D

The13Doctors
03-05-2012, 09:42 AM
It'll probably be the guy from the previous trailers and say; "America, the 18th Century." and then some other stuff and end with a witty repeatable line that's used as the games tagline :D

xD Was he in Revelations though?

Captain Tomatoz
03-05-2012, 09:50 AM
xD Was he in Revelations though?

No but he was in ACI and ACII and I'm sure that's his voice in the teaser trailer (or a voice similar). :)

GeneralTrumbo
03-05-2012, 09:51 AM
I made a thread to speculate on the upcoming trailer. What is wrong with that? Can't I make a thread for speculation, without getting attacked for it?

The13Doctors
03-05-2012, 09:54 AM
I made a thread to speculate on the upcoming trailer. What is wrong with that? Can't I make a thread for speculation, without getting attacked for it?

Just ignore it. Every idea that isn't in the "official" thread is being given the same treatment, as if this wasn't already a Assassin's Creed General Forum.

Legendz54
03-05-2012, 09:56 AM

'[I know your just trying to help, but if you start going on everyone elses threads and start telling them to post in yours you will start to get annoying.

GeneralTrumbo
03-05-2012, 10:00 AM
Just ignore it. Every idea that isn't in the "official" thread is being given the same treatment, as if this wasn't already a Assassin's Creed General Forum.
I shouldn't have to cycle through 100 pages on a thread just to get the information on Assassins Creed 3.

eagleforlife1
03-05-2012, 04:49 PM
The Game Informer article mentioned that they saw Connor finding a dead body in the snow and being ambushed by a bear which ended with a hidden blade in the bear's neck. They also said they were walking up to the Old State House in Boston before being chased by some redcoats and freerunning through some buildings to escape. I wonder if we will see these scenes in the trailer.

freddie_1897
03-05-2012, 05:00 PM
i hope it will be a gameplay trailer with someone from Ubisoft commenting on it, if not, ill wait for IGN's trailer breakdown

Mr_Shade
03-05-2012, 05:02 PM
I shouldn't have to cycle through 100 pages on a thread just to get the information on Assassins Creed 3.
That's why we have a forum ;)

If a subject is covered by another thread - if we have multiple 'copies' of the same, we will ask people to post in the ongoing one, due to space concerns.

I'm sure people would moan if the first 3 pages of the forum, were all the same subject.. just with different titles and the odd 'official' tagged on..

When the trailer hits, I expect the forums to be swamped - so heads up - people will be asked to post in the real official thread concerning it, which is stuck at the top of the forum ;)

UrDeviant1
03-05-2012, 05:03 PM
I'd like to see Connor as a child and maybe get some Idea of what happened to him and his village.

souNdwAve89
03-05-2012, 09:47 PM
I'd like to see Connor as a child and maybe get some Idea of what happened to him and his village.

They already stated that we'll be playing as a young Connor, so the chances of that is high.

Limed_-
03-05-2012, 10:34 PM
What are you getting at?

Nothing officer, don't mind me.

LightRey
03-06-2012, 12:01 PM

Pretty sure they said that will be in the game.

GeneralTrumbo
03-06-2012, 12:03 PM
Nothing officer, don't mind me.
Just don't let me find you breakin' the law again! I'll hunt you down!

LightRey
03-06-2012, 12:23 PM
Just don't let me find you breakin' the law again! I'll hunt you down!

Yeah! Respect his authoritah!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=5c11Z-33PSU