PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed Co-Op Ideas

The13Doctors
03-05-2012, 03:53 AM
How do you think Co-Op could work in AC? Here's my two cents.

I am hoping for co-op being a completely separate mode where you play as an Apprentice, starting as a novice and leveling up through the ranks, there would be a free mode through the regular world map and separate missions as the main gameplay, in the free mode you would race with your friends locally to get to different BAMs displayed on the map as a red arrow on the map and you gain experience for each kill It'd be more limited of course than the main game. Online and locally you could go on missions which would be the main gameplay, where you would choose missions in a similar menu to the one in the main game for Apprentice Contracts and play the missions, it could connect with the SP canonically, you gain more experience for these, experience which you use to gain equipment and armor, just like in the main game, one thing per level. It can add a lot to the game, having new cities and/or missions to be added for it through DLC later on.

They could have the ability to buy new equipment the higher you go in the ranks. and a lot more customization so that both players wouldn't look the same or even have many of the same weapons (unless they wanted to). If there is a bow and arrow in the coop gameplay and the hookblade stays, then the archer can shoot an arrow with a rope attached at a building and tie it to the building the assassins are on and use it as a zipline. This way even if the new location doesn't look like Constantinople (hills) and has no ziplines then the players could just make them on the go. Alternatively the archer could run across the rope, by having the rope be thick enough to do so.
Of course it could use coop moves and kills too.

They could have 3 separate upgrade rows.

Weapons:
You get new weapons as you get upgrade points or Skill Points. You first buy a weapon class, Swords, Daggers, Hammers, Bombs, etc. When you get one it gives you a default weapon of the class, some weapons requiring a specific level or other weapon such as Dual Blades which could require like, level 7. After buying a class you can buy different types of weapons of the class,

Armor
Same as the weapons, you buy a class, Spaulders, Chest Plate, Greaves, etc, then buy several types of them like from leather, plate, etc.

Upgrades
It can allow new ways to do things by addind upgrades to your character like dual blades, better free running, Hidden Gun, Hook Blade, etc. Various moves. You'd basically start like Altair in 1 and buy upgrades and skills through the levels.

Skill Points, Upgrade Points, whatever they call it, you get one or more per level gain which you use to upgrade, you may also gain them by completing challenges set by them like kill 50 BAM targets or something like that.

DavisP92
03-05-2012, 04:37 AM
lol hey you used my ideas

Evenesque
03-05-2012, 04:38 AM
I think you should detail a class system.

DavisP92
03-05-2012, 04:55 AM
I think you should detail a class system.

my idea from far back, i can't find it so if anyone can that would be cool but yea. My idea was that coop should have a class base assassin system where coop would be up to 3 players (4 if you can think of more examples) in which one assassin would be a archer, another would be skilled in poisons, and another in bombs. So you could only have 3 main weapons carried on you, your special weapon (bombs, bow, poison) and hidden blade, sword dagger, and etc. You could combine the special skills of the assassins making the archer shoot an arrow with a bomb attached to it, or poison tipped arrows or poison bombs or arrow head bombs. There could be a whole bunch of different variations of the bombs and arrows honestly.

This was originally my cent :P: "They could have the ability to buy new equipment the higher you go in the ranks. and a lot more customization so that both players wouldn't look the same or even have many of the same weapons (unless they wanted to). If there is a bow and arrow in the coop gameplay and the hookblade stays, then the archer can shoot an arrow with a rope attached at a building and tie it to the building the assassins are on and use it as a zipline. This way even if the new location doesn't look like Constantinople (hills) and has no ziplines then the players could just make them on the go. Alternatively the archer could run across the rope, by having the rope be thick enough to do so.
Of course it could use coop moves and kills too. "

Evenesque
03-05-2012, 05:00 AM
my idea from far back, i can't find it so if anyone can that would be cool but yea. My idea was that coop should have a class base assassin system where coop would be up to 3 players (4 if you can think of more examples) in which one assassin would be a archer, another would be skilled in poisons, and another in bombs. So you could only have 3 main weapons carried on you, your special weapon (bombs, bow, poison) and hidden blade, sword dagger, and etc. You could combine the special skills of the assassins making the archer shoot an arrow with a bomb attached to it, or poison tipped arrows or poison bombs or arrow head bombs. There could be a whole bunch of different variations of the bombs and arrows honestly.

This was originally my cent :P: "They could have the ability to buy new equipment the higher you go in the ranks. and a lot more customization so that both players wouldn't look the same or even have many of the same weapons (unless they wanted to). If there is a bow and arrow in the coop gameplay and the hookblade stays, then the archer can shoot an arrow with a rope attached at a building and tie it to the building the assassins are on and use it as a zipline. This way even if the new location doesn't look like Constantinople (hills) and has no ziplines then the players could just make them on the go. Alternatively the archer could run across the rope, by having the rope be thick enough to do so.
Of course it could use coop moves and kills too. "

A 4th one could be the heavies that are used as recruits. Take the basic class outlines the recruits use and flesh them out for players. Hidden Blade/Assassination class, The Short Blade class, The Archer/ranged Class, and the heavy, 2 handed class. Couple more would be your Bomber class, and your Poison class. The bombs though were implemented alongside the heavies in the recruits because a fully upgraded Heavy recruit used bombs as a regular ability. And come to think of it, so did the Short blade and assassination types. They used smoke bombs before every kill they could manage it on.

The13Doctors
03-05-2012, 05:35 AM
lol hey you used my ideas

Actually no, the original idea was mine, yeah I used your suggestion in the scond paragraph though. I made a mention of this a long time ago and you responded with that, at least I think it was you.

EDIT: Here it is. (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/659277-Ideas-for-hidden-blade-gadgets/page3?highlight=the13doctors+Co-op)

You don't know how much trouble I went through to find this page when I first made the OP.

GeneralTrumbo
03-05-2012, 05:46 AM
They should throw as much concentration as they possibly can into the single player before they go about Co-op or Multiplayer in general.

DavisP92
03-05-2012, 05:51 AM
Actually no, the original idea was mine, yeah I used your suggestion in the scond paragraph though. I made a mention of this a long time ago and you responded with that, at least I think it was you.

EDIT: Here it is. (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/659277-Ideas-for-hidden-blade-gadgets/page3?highlight=the13doctors+Co-op)

You don't know how much trouble I went through to find this page when I first made the OP.

i was only referring to the second paragraph :P, but yea i was looking for it but i gave up lol. I even had some way back that took up a 4th of a page.

The13Doctors
03-05-2012, 06:01 AM
They should throw as much concentration as they possibly can into the single player before they go about Co-op or Multiplayer in general.

They will be done with the game in a few weeks, these next few months will be simply testing for bugs and glitches, and rechecking the game. The content will be the same, although they may make small changes. Like say Conner kills a Templar Leader in Sequence 3, they may do a small change like decide to make that Templar have a bigger part like being the one who stabs Conner instead of dying and escapes, leaving Conner like Ezio near the start of ACR, then he will appear in Sequence 8 where Conner kills him. Those are the types of changes they will make in the followwing months, but the game is pretty much ready for launch. They would have time to add a Co-Op. especially with 6 studios having their schedules cleared to do work. In a year and half they made Revelations, in half a year they can add a whole new campaign if they felt like it and making it so you play as Conner and some other protagonist in France.

Not saying any of that will happen, just some examples of what they can do.

DavisP92
03-05-2012, 06:06 AM
They will be done with the game in a few weeks, these next few months will be simply testing for bugs and glitches, and rechecking the game. The content will be the same, although they may make small changes. Like say Conner kills a Templar Leader in Sequence 3, they may do a small change like decide to make that Templar have a bigger part like being the one who stabs Conner instead of dying and escapes, leaving Conner like Ezio near the start of ACR, then he will appear in Sequence 8 where Conner kills him. Those are the types of changes they will make in the followwing months, but the game is pretty much ready for launch. They would have time to add a Co-Op. especially with 6 studios having their schedules cleared to do work. In a year and half they made Revelations, in half a year they can add a whole new campaign if they felt like it and making it so you play as Conner and some other protagonist in France.

I guess they would have time to add coop, but it wouldn't be that great if they just start it now. I'm hoping they started it 3 years ago, so that it would be just as great as the SP. Ohh and if you think about it, they aren't talking about multiplayer but it's still going to be in the game. Which means that there is some sort of surprise with it, perhaps a coop mode too it :). but yea we'll either hear about it tomorrow, within the month or at e3

GeneralTrumbo
03-05-2012, 06:10 AM

They could. But, in these upcoming months I would rather have them adding more details to the game and more things to do, other than hunting. They should also work on making the game world even more beautiful. They should, along with all of what I said, add more Desmond segments and make sure he truly has a fantastic ending to his last game.

The13Doctors
03-05-2012, 06:13 AM
I don't think it'd suffer too much if they began now, there are about 3-6 studios available, from the ones that have worked on AC, if they bring in more they'd be golden. Also remember that the hardest parts are preproduction, writing, making the game engine, game physics, all of that is done. The hardest part is done, the next 6 months would be modeling and scripting.

GeneralTrumbo
03-05-2012, 06:17 AM
I don't think it'd suffer too much if they began now, there are about 3-6 studios available, from the ones that have worked on AC, if they bring in more they'd be golden. Also remember that the hardest parts are preproduction, writing, making the game engine, game physics, all of that is done. The hardest part is done, the next 6 months would be modeling and scripting.
I still think they should:
1. Make the game more beautiful than it already is.
2. Add more things to do in the game, other than the hunting.
3. Add more Desmond segments to make his ending a true ending.
4. Work on perfecting the game/getting rid of glitches.

Evenesque
03-05-2012, 06:23 AM

I distinctly remember an interview with one of the developers or directors where they asked them about Co-Op and they've said they've been toying with it since ACII, but havent found a way to really make it work the way they envisioned it. No, I cannot cite this, I have zero proof that it exists. But I could swear someone said that, somewhere. There's a glimmer of a chance they've gotten what they've wanted in this game as far as Co-Op to work.

Also, even though a game that's been in development for 4 years has to have almost all of it's ideas conceptualized and executed to be ready for anouncement 7 months before release, has anyone considered these 2 ideas?

1) They know people will suggest things as soon as they know about a game. They know people do this all the time, and they know sometimes they're great ideas. Wouldn't they make sure to announce a game far enough before it releases to listen to player feedback and make changes according to what they deem worthy of paying attention to? I know it's a small example, but look at Infamous 2's development and the character model for Cole. They changed it after people flipped their **** over how metro he looked, well before the game released.

2) The addition of a Co-Op mode (or free roam, my idea) requires the game engine to be fully functioning and utilized as what it essentially is; a toolbox. Anvil 3.0 is set and done as an engine right now, and we know this because the game is in Alpha stage, a refinement of the game as a whole. The game engine is solidified and working as intended. Wouldn't it make sense to assume that, with some degree of confidence and possibility that the major obstacles of implementing Co-Op (again, or my free roam idea) would be getting it to function within a game engine that's made for it? If Anvil 3.0 is up and running, how reasonably difficult is it to spend 7-5 months adding a splinter mode of MP to let you do what you do already, but in a different setting, with a slightly different objective? Even the proposed class system is already nuanced in the game with different class types for recruits. Just flesh that out more and let players choose a Co-Op character with a limited but focused skill/weapon set. Technically, that's super easy, because it's just subtraction and emphasis. They wouldn't even be adding that much in that particular case.

Also, something else I just thought of. The team behind Mass Effect 3 recently just lit up the internet with Day one DLC that they say they made and finished in the time the game went from Gold to now. That's not even close to how long Ubisoft has left in development for AC3. They gave the impression that that time between game finished and shipment is spent doing whatever. If it's that easy for Bioware's team to crank out a major piece of DLC that quickly, how hard could it be to do the same thing with a different flavor in 7 months with an engine that works well enough to show in action to a magazine like Game Informer?

The13Doctors
03-05-2012, 06:27 AM
Here's hoping we're right.

If they have been wanting it since AC2 then it is very possible that they'd do it now, at the start of a new Age for the series.

frogger504
03-05-2012, 03:14 PM
How long until Ubi goes gold with AC games?

Sick_one12
03-05-2012, 03:21 PM
i actuall hope for no MP at all so they can put much more into the SP:)Arkham city shows perfectly how multiplayer is not necessary to sell 6 million copies: a high quality and polished single player experience.

but....if they add co-op they better add splitscreen as well.theres nothing better than playing with your buddy sitting next to you.especially when you fight against him,the emotions and reactions are just hilarious:D

Sick_one12
03-05-2012, 03:24 PM
i actuall hope for no MP at all so they can put much more into the SP:)Arkham city shows perfectly how multiplayer is not necessary to sell 6 million copies: a high quality and polished single player experience.

but....if they add co-op they better add splitscreen as well.theres nothing better than playing with your buddy sitting next to you.especially when you fight against him,the emotions and reactions are just hilarious:D

DavisP92
03-05-2012, 03:34 PM
I still think they should:
1. Make the game more beautiful than it already is.
2. Add more things to do in the game, other than the hunting.
3. Add more Desmond segments to make his ending a true ending.
4. Work on perfecting the game/getting rid of glitches.

7 months of polishing will make it more beautiful
we just learned about some of the stuff in the game, there probably will be saving slaves/recruiting assassins and many other side missions. Also you completely forgot about the clubs
we don't know anything about desmond so you don't even know if how much gameplay we will get with him
that's what the 7 months are for

i wouldn't want split screen, it would limit the screen. I used to be all for it a couple of years back but now i'm not for it as much, depends on the game. AC wouldn't work imo with it. What my friends and i do is move two tvs in a room and play coop games online so that we can have our own screens but still enjoy having a friend over

Sick_one12
03-05-2012, 03:50 PM
i wouldn't want split screen, it would limit the screen. I used to be all for it a couple of years back but now i'm not for it as much, depends on the game. AC wouldn't work imo with it. What my friends and i do is move two tvs in a room and play coop games online so that we can have our own screens but still enjoy having a friend over
[/FONT]

thats quite a nice alternative........if you have 2 tvs,2consoles,2games and 2 xboxlive gold accounts:P;)

DavisP92
03-05-2012, 04:00 PM
thats quite a nice alternative........if you have 2 tvs,2consoles,2games and 2 xboxlive gold accounts:P;)

lol yea well the games and consoles should work fine if you and your friend like the game :P but the tv part we got lucky on as for the xbox live, i stopped using it because i have to pay so i went to ps3 :)

Sick_one12
03-05-2012, 04:09 PM
lol yea well the games and consoles should work fine if you and your friend like the game :P but the tv part we got lucky on as for the xbox live, i stopped using it because i have to pay so i went to ps3 :)

youre definitely right about xboxlive-gold requiring payment.i actually think thats the reason MP usually bothers me because i have to pay for it;)

DavisP92
03-05-2012, 04:37 PM
youre definitely right about xboxlive-gold requiring payment.i actually think thats the reason MP usually bothers me because i have to pay for it;)

yea after a while i just got tired of it. i still have my xbox but i haven't played it in years,

reini03
03-05-2012, 05:15 PM
i actuall hope for no MP at all so they can put much more into the SP:)

When are people going to realize that the MP part is developed by a separate studio and doesn't hinder SP development at all?

Sick_one12
03-05-2012, 05:29 PM
When are people going to realize that the MP part is developed by a separate studio and doesn't hinder SP development at all?

but couldnt this studio also put work into SP instead of MP?:)or would these studios get in the way of each other?

reini03
03-05-2012, 05:30 PM
but couldnt this studio also put work into SP instead of MP?:)or would these studios get in the way of each other?

They had something like 7 studios on ACR, I don't think they need more...

Sick_one12
03-05-2012, 05:46 PM
They had something like 7 studios on ACR, I don't think they need more...

Alright.....you win:)

Jarek23
03-05-2012, 06:51 PM
Co-op and other additional content is what's ruining single player experiences, please no.

DavisP92
03-05-2012, 07:07 PM
Co-op and other additional content is what's ruining single player experiences, please no.

no what was ruining the SP was the yearly releases, with 3 years under their belt (SP going to be finished in a week with 7 months to go with polishing) MP already being developed probably when they started the project. And perhaps co-op was already started as well and 7 studios working on it. This will be the best AC game yet

The13Doctors
03-05-2012, 08:24 PM

Actually, no. They used a studio specialized in Multiplayer games including Saints Row The Third, so they already know something about Co-Op. They wouldn't work on SP at all.

SolidSage
03-05-2012, 09:01 PM
Hey, I was crying for co-op since AC1so both you, PDavis and OP are copying my ideas....that I never bothered to share! Anyway, they did talk about testing the combat engine for MP and it not working well, but screw MP, it got boring and repetetive fast, it's such a limtied/restrcited version of Creed.We NEED co-op and full maps and mechanics.

UBI: DO IT.

The13Doctors
03-05-2012, 10:08 PM
Hey, I was crying for co-op since AC1so both you, PDavis and OP are copying my ideas....that I never bothered to share! Anyway, they did talk about testing the combat engine for MP and it not working well, but screw MP, it got boring and repetetive fast, it's such a limtied/restrcited version of Creed.We NEED co-op and full maps and mechanics.

UBI: DO IT.

Hopefully it will come to fruition in AC3. Imagine going on a Brutal spree like in the trailer with your friend, then the last enemy a distance a way with a rifle and you both swftly turn from each of your last kills and simultaneously shoot the enemy with the pistol.