PDA

View Full Version : How Do You Think Gameplay Will Be?

tjbyrum1
03-05-2012, 01:02 AM
So how do you expect the gameplay to be?

After reading "their are the same controls in and out of combat" on the Game Informer, I got a bit confused.

I read that B/Circle is the defense ****on, Y/Triangle is a secondary weapon, and X/Square is a primary weapon. Also mentioned was the Sprint ****on, which I assume is A/X.

I also have pretty high expectations for a free-aim mode too, as opposed to that lock-on targeting method they used since AC II.

I am confused by what they mean by "in and out of combat". Anyone care to reiterate?

EDIT: Wow, are you serious? "****" is censored? I was allowed to say that word since I was born.

Lonesoldier2012
03-05-2012, 01:03 AM
Epic.

GeneralTrumbo
03-05-2012, 01:07 AM
I think it means you can pretty much run into combat with ease, fighting right off the back. You can probably use the B ****on, etc. for things outside of combat, and then run into combat using those same ****ons to fight. Also, we know there are moving carriages in the cities and I believe we will be entering a lot of battles throughout the game. The Truth and the Desmond Journey segments will return in some sort of form(yet to be disclosed) in Assassins Creed 3. We also know we will spend a lot of time in the Frontier, probably jumping across tons of trees when traveling. I am sure the bow and arrow will work totally different than crossbow. And I think hunting will be fun to do even after beating the story line. =)

brick177
03-05-2012, 01:11 AM
Instead of saying ****on, say "roundish thing you press". :)

I'm interested what they will do too. It is supposed to be more of a fluid transition between in and out of combat. Hopefully it doesn't result in lots of accidental kills. lol

FilipinoNinja67
03-05-2012, 01:15 AM
Or instead of that you can use the proper term, asston.

Edit: lol you guys havent heard of this? Its all over the MP forums, i first heard it from Rushdown. :D

GeneralTrumbo
03-05-2012, 01:17 AM
I don't get how we can use the word "***", but not "****".

tjbyrum1
03-05-2012, 01:20 AM
What an *** of a filter.

D.I.D.
03-05-2012, 01:20 AM

You win the thread.

GeneralTrumbo
03-05-2012, 01:48 AM
You win the thread.
Agreed. All you must do is press the asston!

Sevenofnine-st
03-05-2012, 02:10 AM
From what I've read in the Game Informer article, we can expect quite a few aspects of the gameplay to be a lot more fluid. I love the fact that we'll finally be able to get out of combat easily by holding down the sprint asston (lol!). Also, it seems that if our target is located behind a rather large group of enemies, it will be a lot easier and faster to reach our intended target by doing what could be described as speed kills. That, is awesome... And I love that he'll be able to traverse buildings by entering and exiting through windows. I'm expecting a very cinematic and almost seamlessly flowing gameplay, much like the Uncharted series.

brick177
03-05-2012, 03:30 AM
From what I've read in the Game Informer article, we can expect quite a few aspects of the gameplay to be a lot more fluid. I love the fact that we'll finally be able to get out of combat easily by holding down the sprint asston (lol!). Also, it seems that if our target is located behind a rather large group of enemies, it will be a lot easier and faster to reach our intended target by doing what could be described as speed kills. That, is awesome... And I love that he'll be able to traverse buildings by entering and exiting through windows. I'm expecting a very cinematic and almost seamlessly flowing gameplay, much like the Uncharted series.

I hope this means many or all interiors will be rendered and populated! Especially with buildings that are supposed to be proper scale for once.

JCearlyyears
03-05-2012, 04:08 AM
This is beyond idiotic. I hope that I can choose to change the controls back to normal. If the rest of you want to play like this *shudder* that's fine but I hope I'm not forced to.

The13Doctors
03-05-2012, 04:13 AM
you won't go into a fight mode as all the previous games, now you are outside of combat at all time. That makes it easier to keep moving, you can stab an enemy and run instead of having to press the high profile ****on to leave Combat Mode.

Jexx21
03-05-2012, 04:13 AM
This is beyond idiotic. I hope that I can choose to change the controls back to normal. If the rest of you want to play like this *shudder* that's fine but I hope I'm not forced to.
How about you play it first before you judge.

GeneralTrumbo
03-05-2012, 06:23 AM
You are a very ignorant person who doesn't want a better game and is encouraging them to keep tons of things the same. =) They don't bow down to just one player. You are the only one who seems to care.

ArD117
03-05-2012, 06:27 AM
It'll be dirtier and grittier than any action we've seen before in AC. Count on it.

Seeing as how they've completely changed the animations and have even added new ones tells me that they're doing so to portray Connor as a true Native American warrior. And let me tell you, those guys were not afraid to come at you like a raging bull with a tomahawk and knife in hand. Steady and precise, yet at the same time brutal and pretty theatrical.

The13Doctors
03-05-2012, 06:38 AM
It'll be dirtier and grittier than any action we've seen before in AC. Count on it.

Seeing as how they've completely changed the animations and have even added new ones tells me that they're doing so to portray Connor as a true Native American warrior. And let me tell you, those guys were not afraid to come at you like a raging bull with a tomahawk and knife in hand. Steady and precise, yet at the same time brutal and pretty theatrical.

Considering he has thousands of animation for combat alone, I am certain he will have plenty of Brutal kills. Apparently he will be taking a Floor Offensive Combat Style. (FOCS).
He will probably be sliding under enemies legs and doing barrel rolls, tripping enemies, ducking under bullets and more.

salted onions
03-05-2012, 07:34 AM
I thought the combat system was the AC series' weakest link, and that the free roaming system was getting a bit stale after 4 games, so these changes they've said to have made sound amazing to me.

lettermen0412
03-05-2012, 08:40 AM

He's not going to be scalping a bunch of people is he?

The13Doctors
03-05-2012, 08:43 AM
He's not going to be scalping a bunch of people is he?

Maybe, we shall see with the trailer.

Radman500
03-05-2012, 08:51 AM
i expect it to be much more fluid

GeneralTrumbo
03-05-2012, 10:19 AM
I think they are definitely going to change everything about this game to make it feel like a brand new game.