PDA

View Full Version : Will the British accents be varied or typical unrealistic posh accents?

lfc908
03-04-2012, 04:05 PM
I can't wait for the new Assassin's Creed but I have only one concern and that is the British accents. I'm hoping they are a mix of Scottish, Welsh and English accents but also I hope they aren't stereotypical. Nothing annoys me more than a stereotypical English or Welsh accent. Apparently everyone has a ****ney or super queen's English accent. I hope they don't Stereotype the accents and they put some northern accents in and Vary the accents.

brick177
03-04-2012, 04:24 PM
Well, if they vary it, the variations better be realistic not just for the sake of varying it. Officers better have posher accents than beggars, for instance. Americans still had a touch of a British accent back then too.

Subject-22
03-04-2012, 05:16 PM
i just hope they do it right

crash3
03-04-2012, 05:26 PM
as much as i want a variety of british accents I think the american players might struggle to understand geordy accents after what I saw of cheryl cole on X-factor usa lol!

brick177
03-04-2012, 05:28 PM
as much as i want a variety of british accents I think the american players might struggle to understand geordy accents after what I saw of cheryl cole on X-factor usa lol!

It's not our fault! The English have a different accent for every town it seems like! ;) Although there are certainly accents here in America that I don't understand. Like Cajun and Gullah for instance.

UrDeviant1
03-04-2012, 05:38 PM
I doubt we'll hear a strong Northern accent, Newcastle, Liverpool, Manchester etc. because of the exact reason you pointed out, Americans wouldn't be able to understand them. We should hear a Yorkshire accent though, maybe for the beggars on the streets. There will be some stereotypical English accents though, ya' know really posh and like their sucking on sour grapes.

albertwesker22
03-04-2012, 05:42 PM
I doubt we'll hear a strong Northern accent, Newcastle, Liverpool, Manchester etc. because of the exact reason you pointed out, Americans wouldn't be able to understand them. We should hear a Yorkshire accent though, maybe for the beggars on the streets. There will be some stereotypical English accents though, ya' know really posh and like their sucking on sour grapes.

Besides the Liverpool accent was quite different back then. So hearing a Liverpool accent would be really jarring for me.

UrDeviant1
03-04-2012, 05:49 PM
Besides the Liverpool accent was quite different back then. So hearing a Liverpool accent would be really jarring for me.

I can't say I was around to hear the Liverpool accent back then, I can't Imagine It's gotten any better lol

jmk1999
03-04-2012, 05:52 PM
given the other games, it'll probably vary. really, it just depends on the VA and the role they play. main characters are USUALLY less likely to have cheesy accents... on the other hand, the background characters can have ridiculously stereotypical accents. :rolleyes: although, AC thus far has been fairly decent about not taking it too over the top.

albertwesker22
03-04-2012, 05:52 PM
I can't say I was around to hear the Liverpool accent back then, I can't Imagine It's gotten any better lol

I think it was completely different. Similar to the Lancashire accent, which is also a no mark accent outside of England.

lfc908
03-04-2012, 05:54 PM
It's not our fault! The English have a different accent for every town it seems like! ;) Although there are certainly accents here in America that I don't understand. Like Cajun and Gullah for instance.
haha especially in the Midlands where I'm from the accent is completely different from town to town :)

UrDeviant1
03-04-2012, 05:55 PM
haha especially in the Midlands where I'm from the accent is completely different from town to town :)

True dat, I get ripped for sounding like a posh brummy. FML