PDA

View Full Version : Wait a sec...

Lonesoldier2012
03-04-2012, 03:50 AM
Okay. Charles Lee is British and married a Mohawk woman. they had twins Could Charles Lee be Connor's father? Charles and his wife had twins. so i think it's very possible that if Charles Lee is Connor's father that his twin could be the main villain of the game.

Connor itself means Lover of Hounds/ Wolves or Wolf kin in Gaeilge (Irish) Thanks dead_gunner187 for bringing this to my attention.

Charles Lee was known to have at least 6 Dogs with him at a time.

And Connor choose his name. Connor wasn't his birth name.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=BSa0Xg-YadY

This video says that Connor is in Mohawk Valley in 1777 so that means he's born in 1753 when the game starts.

enough proof for ya?

I think he was born in 1755, that the game starts 2 years before his birth, to show some stuff on politics and stuff, like AC Lineage but in game.

I like the theory 13Docs.

ACSineQuaNon
03-04-2012, 04:27 AM
intredasting...

I think there definitely needs to be a strong villain figure in this game.

The13Doctors
03-04-2012, 04:41 AM
I already had a feeling that Charles got Conner into the Order, maybe he is simply pinning Conner down because Conner tries to run back to the village or as they flee he grabs him, pins him against the tree and tells him to stay quiet.

Wait, where did you find this information?

Lonesoldier2012
03-04-2012, 04:54 AM
I already had a feeling that Charles got Conner into the Order, maybe he is simply pinning Conner down because Conner tries to run back to the village or as they flee he grabs him, pins him against the tree and tells him to stay quiet.

Wait, where did you find this information?

Wikipedia.

The13Doctors
03-04-2012, 05:26 AM
The direct page, I've seen 3 pages of him, none of them show them.

Lonesoldier2012
03-04-2012, 05:30 AM
Ac 3 takes place between 1753 and 1783 or 82. anyway. Charles married the Mohawk woman in 1754 he could have very well been with her and they just hadn't married yet. so it is entirely possible that Charles is the father!

Lonesoldier2012
03-04-2012, 05:30 AM
The direct page, I've seen 3 pages of him, none of them show them.

This one http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Lee_(general)

The13Doctors
03-04-2012, 05:31 AM
I'm starting to doubt you. You are pulling out a theory, not a link.

Source Evidence.

Lonesoldier2012
03-04-2012, 05:36 AM
I'm starting to doubt you. You are pulling out a theory, not a link.

Source Evidence.
I linked you above this this ^ post.

here it is again cause you missed it. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Lee_(general)

The13Doctors
03-04-2012, 05:54 AM
Okay, now I see it.

She's Mohawk too so yeah, Conner must be his son, Conner Lee.

Lonesoldier2012
03-04-2012, 05:56 AM
Okay, now I see it.

Boom. just blew 3 years of story writing for Ubi haha.

The13Doctors
03-04-2012, 09:47 AM
Boom. just blew 3 years of story writing for Ubi haha.

xD

Yeah we cracked the code before the trailer, awesome!

LightRey
03-04-2012, 09:56 AM
Okay, now I see it.

He named himself Connor. Connor isn't his birth name.

GeneralTrumbo
03-04-2012, 09:57 AM
He named himself Connor. Connor isn't his birth name.
It still makes sense that he may be his son.

B_Crispino
03-04-2012, 10:00 AM
main hero's father is (possibly) the main vilain? wait... where did i see this?

The13Doctors
03-04-2012, 10:02 AM
main hero's father is (possibly) the main vilain? wait... where did i see this?

Why would he be a villain?

LightRey
03-04-2012, 10:10 AM
It still makes sense that he may be his son.

It does, but let's not get carried away here.

GeneralTrumbo
03-04-2012, 10:22 AM
It does, but let's not get carried away here.
I know, I know. I JUST CAN NOT HELP BUT GET TOOOOO EXCITED. GIVE ME THE GAME NOW.

LightRey
03-04-2012, 10:26 AM
I know, I know. I JUST CAN NOT HELP BUT GET TOOOOO EXCITED. GIVE ME THE GAME NOW.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bk31FQAIhdU&feature=youtu.be
;D

GeneralTrumbo
03-04-2012, 10:40 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bk31fqaihdu&feature=youtu.be
;d
that isn't enough. I already knew about the 5 pm thing. I am keeping a close eye on all that.

LightRey
03-04-2012, 10:41 AM
that isn't enough. I already knew about the 5 pm thing. I am keeping a close eye on all that.

I know. I'm just teasing you with a teaser of a teaser. ;D

eagleforlife1
03-04-2012, 10:48 AM
Lee only arrived in America in 1754 and the game starts in 1753. Just some random trivia but in the photos that we have seen of Lee he has his hands hidden in his jacket because he lost two of his fingers during a duel in Poland in 1765.

LightRey
03-04-2012, 10:50 AM
Lee only arrived in America in 1754 and the game starts in 1753. Just some random trivia but in the photos that we have seen of Lee he has his hands in hidden in his jacket because he lost two of his fingers during a duel in Poland in 1765.

Well obviously he used a time travel PoE. :rolleyes:

GeneralTrumbo
03-04-2012, 11:31 AM
Lee only arrived in America in 1754 and the game starts in 1753. Just some random trivia but in the photos that we have seen of Lee he has his hands hidden in his jacket because he lost two of his fingers during a duel in Poland in 1765.
Every once in a while they switch time periods back a few decades just to help get more history in.

The13Doctors
03-04-2012, 11:35 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bk31FQAIhdU&feature=youtu.be
;D

Darnit LightRey! Got me excited for nothing.

LightRey
03-04-2012, 11:39 AM
Darnit LightRey! Got me excited for nothing.
http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/096/044/trollface.jpg?1296494117

The13Doctors
03-04-2012, 11:52 AM
I have a theory about Conner's name. I looked into the Lee family, apparently most of them were Colonels, so assuming Charles is his father, Conner may have based his name on that.

Lonesoldier2012
03-04-2012, 06:45 PM

Actually that's just when he sent to help with the French/Indian war. he could have very well been to that tribe and had twins with the Mohawk Woman before he went there. maybe that's why he was sent there? because he was closer to the situation then anyone else.

The13Doctors
03-04-2012, 06:49 PM
Actually that's just when he sent to help with the French/Indian war. he could have very well been to that tribe and had twins with the Mohawk Woman before he went there. maybe that's why he was sent there? because he was closer to the situation then anyone else.

This.

fox_634
03-04-2012, 06:51 PM
I really don't care who Conner's dad is. I would like to know who the real bad guy is going to be! Revelations was kinda weird because we never had a real enemy. We need a new Rodrigo or Cesare!

The13Doctors
03-04-2012, 06:56 PM
I really don't care who Conner's dad is. I would like to know who the real bad guy is going to be! Revelations was kinda weird because we never had a real enemy. We need a new Rodrigo or Cesare!
I actually like that, and Ubisoft said they won't have another Cesare, at least not for 3. I loved Revelations diverse story because it showed the harsh reality that things aren't so black and white, there isn't a villain and a hero. Everyone truly believed they were helping people the people. In their own ways, they were. In reality the Assassins are more like the Templars than they believe.

Lonesoldier2012
03-04-2012, 06:57 PM

As i said. Lee had twins. we could literally have the Evil twin as an enemy.

Lonesoldier2012
03-04-2012, 06:57 PM
I know. I'm just teasing you with a teaser of a teaser. ;D
TeaserCeption!

Lonesoldier2012
03-04-2012, 07:05 PM
I actually like that, and Ubisoft said they won't have another Cesare, at least not for 3. I loved Revelations diverse story because it showed the harsh reality that things aren't so black and white, there isn't a villain and a hero. Everyone truly believed they were helping people the people. In their own ways, they were. In reality the Assassins are more like the Templars than they believe.
I liked that as well. we kinda broke the 3rd wall with truth there. their is no one truth. truth is in the eye of the beholder. Assassin's and Templar's aren't so different. they both fight for the same goal just for different intentions. to stop one another. both sides think they have the absolute truth. that the other is wrong. and both will go out of their way to stop the other side.

The13Doctors
03-04-2012, 07:13 PM
While that would be cool, I am hoping that the game has a Revelations feel in terms of enemies. Where it is diverse when it comes to the story and not just one straight forward evil person. Having twists like the Janissary Captain actually being loyal and Ahmet being the one at the top, so many good twists in which in the end everyone was trrying to help the people, well not Ahmet this time.

pirate1802
03-04-2012, 07:35 PM

I second that. I liked Revelation's shadowy villains more than AC2, ACB's plain black-and-white villains. It reminded me of AC1, where after each assassination Altair doubts whether he did the right thing. During the conversation between Ahmet and Ezio at the arsenal I found myself almost sympathizing with Ahmet's worldview. Compared to him, Rodrigo and Cesare felt very stereotypical and boring. I do hope AC3 presents us with such shadowy and shall I say philosophical villains rather than cruel, world-conquering-type villains.

The13Doctors
03-04-2012, 07:45 PM
I second that. I liked Revelation's shadowy villains more than AC2, ACB's plain black-and-white villains. It reminded me of AC1, where after each assassination Altair doubts whether he did the right thing. During the conversation between Ahmet and Ezio at the arsenal I found myself almost sympathizing with Ahmet's worldview. Compared to him, Rodrigo and Cesare felt very stereotypical and boring. I do hope AC3 presents us with such shadowy and shall I say philosophical villains rather than cruel, world-conquering-type villains.

Exactly, each one gets me thinking. I sympathized with each Templar Target and I actually considered their words unlike Altair, each one had a point. Their actions were small sacrifices for a greater cause, the Assassins do the same thing. Small sacrifices for the Order.

Apirka
03-04-2012, 07:50 PM
My problem with Ahmet is that he he has motives that really make me sympathize with him, his death makes you feel sorry and then... He goes and tries to have Sofia hanged after he already got the keys.

eagleforlife1
03-04-2012, 07:52 PM

No he didn't. He was commissioned to North America in 1754 and didn't arrive until 1755. Any biography will tell you that. Also, he was only born in 1732 which would mean that he would have had Connor in circa 1740ish to make Connor about the age of fourteen in 1753. Lee would have had to be 7/8 when Connor was born.

fox_634
03-04-2012, 07:53 PM

Yeah but to have an evil twin would be very cliché don't you think :).

ShaneO7K
03-04-2012, 07:57 PM
I would actually hate for that to be a plot twist, it just sounds really cheesy to me if Connor found out it was his evil twin brother was behind a series of events. It sounds like something from a really bad 80's action film.

Lonesoldier2012
03-04-2012, 07:58 PM
No he didn't. He was commissioned to North America in 1754 and didn't arrive until 1755. Any biography will tell you that. Also, he was only born in 1732 which would mean that he would have had Connor in circa 1740ish to make Connor about the age of fourteen in 1753. Lee would have had to be 7/8 when Connor was born.

That still doesn't mean that he couldn't have gone to that Tribe before. and who says we Won't see Connor when he's younger then 14? it could very show he's born then skip ahead 10 or so years.

The13Doctors
03-04-2012, 07:59 PM
My problem with Ahmet is that he he has motives that really make me sympathize with him, his death makes you feel sorry and then... He goes and tries to have Sofia hanged after he already got the keys.

Yeah, Ahmet was pretty bad, he was a Templar Grand Master and was just trying to help the Templar Order, although being in Cappadocia showed [me] that the Templar were just as much regular people as anyone else, they protected their own people, at the cost of their enemies if need be. They don't glorify on killing people, but to ensure their victories in this everlasting war, same as the Assassins.

mikeh1294
03-04-2012, 08:02 PM
I think that AC III will have one main villain, who still believes what they are doing is right. So Connor will have a firm target to work towards (Unlike Ezio, who just killed any Templar he met), but this target will believe that their actions will benefit mankind.

Captain Tomatoz
03-04-2012, 08:12 PM

Don't believe everything you read.

"I believe there was a book that claimed the world was created in seven days. Best-seller too!"

​Warren Vidic

LightRey
03-04-2012, 08:37 PM
Don't believe everything you read.

"I believe there was a book that claimed the world was created in seven days. Best-seller too!"

​Warren Vidic

Aww, you should have left out the "Best-seller too!" part for someone to use it as a response. D:

eagleforlife1
03-04-2012, 09:04 PM
That still doesn't mean that he couldn't have gone to that Tribe before. and who says we Won't see Connor when he's younger then 14? it could very show he's born then skip ahead 10 or so years.

It could do but that would mean we would miss out the whole of the French-Indian War and seeing as Connor is an Indian I would imagine that this would effect him and his family in a big way.

The13Doctors
03-04-2012, 09:34 PM
I think that AC III will have one main villain, who still believes what they are doing is right. So Connor will have a firm target to work towards (Unlike Ezio, who just killed any Templar he met), but this target will believe that their actions will benefit mankind.

Probably not, they said he won't be out for specific revenge but will be around to help where it seems fit.

Gil_217
03-04-2012, 09:38 PM

When they say the game begins in 1753, maybe that's when Connor is born. It's a very strong possibility.

twenty_glyphs
03-04-2012, 09:57 PM
I thought Ahmet was a good antagonist because he wasn't necessarily evil, but the fact that you don't know he's the antagonist for so long makes the story feel lacking. There was never a real sense of fighting against anything, just constant busywork missions about people that might be the Templar leader but weren't. It might have worked better if Manuel Palailogos had been built up as the antagonist the whole game while also seeing more of Ahmet and getting tiny hints about him. At least then the twist might have felt more meaningful than just constantly chasing after an invisible bad guy only to finally reveal him after you've killed the second in charge.

I hope we know who the antagonist in AC3 is early on, so it feels like we're fighting against something tangible and for a reason. Even if a plot twist reveals a new antagonist at some point, I like to at least have something visible to fight against. Even in AC2 we knew there was a mysterious Spaniard that we had seen ourselves pulling the strings, even if we didn't know who he was.

Lonesoldier2012
03-04-2012, 10:10 PM
It could do but that would mean we would miss out the whole of the French-Indian War and seeing as Connor is an Indian I would imagine that this would effect him and his family in a big way.

The F/I war started the year after he's born. and his village is destroyed when he's a kid. i think it's a possibility that the F/I war had something to do with that.

Gil_217
03-04-2012, 10:11 PM
The F/I war started the year after he's born. and his village is destroyed when he's a kid. i think it's a possibility that the F/I war had something to do with that.

Do we already know for a fact that Connor was indeed born in 1753? I already said that's a possibility and I hope so.

Lonesoldier2012
03-04-2012, 10:17 PM
Do we already know for a fact that Connor was indeed born in 1753? I already said that's a possibility and I hope so.

No we're not sure when he's born. but if the game spans 30 years it'd be kinda lame for it to end when he's as old as Ezio.

Gil_217
03-04-2012, 10:19 PM
No we're not sure when he's born. but if the game spans 30 years it'd be kinda lame for it to end when he's as old as Ezio.

I totally agree with you, I hope he's indeed born in 1753, that would make him in his mid to late twenties during the American Revolution. I wouldn't want him to be around his 40's during that time. It would be kinda lame since the game ends when the war technically ends.

Lonesoldier2012
03-04-2012, 10:21 PM
I totally agree with you, I hope he's indeed born in 1753, that would make him in his mid to late twenties during the American Revolution. I wouldn't want him to be around his 40's during that time. It would be kinda lame since the game ends when the war technically ends.

Exactly.

RzaRecta357
03-04-2012, 10:23 PM
So, I gotta agree that the Revelations style bad guy rocked. I like the grey thing. AC3 will be like that too apparently. They said no true evils right? Anyway, Lee sounds pretty spot on. But they also say he was kind of a drunk...no? He loved to have dogs! Almost always spotted with a dog. Maybe that's why they had one in town in a screenshot. Little clue within the HEY THIS GAME HAS DOGS NOW clue.

Lonesoldier2012
03-04-2012, 10:25 PM
So, I gotta agree that the Revelations style bad guy rocked. I like the grey thing. AC3 will be like that too apparently. They said no true evils right? Anyway, Lee sounds pretty spot on. But they also say he was kind of a drunk...no? He loved to have dogs! Almost always spotted with a dog. Maybe that's why they had one in town in a screenshot. Little clue within the HEY THIS GAME HAS DOGS NOW clue.

I belief someone said Connor's native american name means something like dog lover. then again they may not be right. as i've also seen meanings loosely translate to "He Hunts It"

ShaneO7K
03-04-2012, 10:35 PM
I belief someone said Connor's native american name means something like dog lover. then again they may not be right. as i've also seen meanings loosely translate to "He Hunts It"

No, Connor itself means Lover of Hounds/ Wolves or Wolf kin in Gaeilge (Irish). I don't think anybody has found out what his Mohawk name means yet.

I'm guessing Wolves/ Wolf kin may be the intended use of the name because of how Ubisoft have described him as more of a predator.

Lonesoldier2012
03-04-2012, 10:37 PM
No, Connor itself means Lover of Hounds/ Wolves or Wolf kin in Gaeilge (Irish). I don't think anybody has found out what his Mohawk name means yet.

Oops. my bad. anyway all the more proof. as he choose the name Connor. that wasn't his birth name. i'm adding this to the op.

Eziolala
03-04-2012, 10:45 PM
I agree with fox_634 that it would be cliché if the villian was an evil twin...it just doesn't seem like something Ubi would do IMO.

Gil_217
03-04-2012, 10:49 PM
I agree with fox_634 that it would be cliché if the villian was an evil twin...it just doesn't seem like something Ubi would do IMO.

Yeah, Metal Gear again? No please.

Lonesoldier2012
03-04-2012, 10:51 PM
Yeah, Metal Gear again? No please.

Okay maybe not that but he could still be a part of the story.

The13Doctors
03-04-2012, 10:57 PM
Okay maybe not that but he could still be a part of the story.

Master Assassin you can hire to follow you everywhere?

Lonesoldier2012
03-04-2012, 11:01 PM

I'm tired of Master Assassin's. i hope Connor just fights for himself and the Brotherhood. and not become the Master.

n3krOiZ
03-05-2012, 12:31 AM
Every once in a while they switch time periods back a few decades just to help get more history in.

In Ac1, all the guys you killed died ARROUND 1191 but not exatly at 1191, Ubisoft answered to that saying that Templars masked their deaths so ppl wouldn't think they died by assassins, so it's plausibable that he's his dead :O wonder who would be his twin, good or bad? MAKE YOUR BETS!

Lonesoldier2012
03-05-2012, 12:37 AM
In Ac1, all the guys you killed died ARROUND 1191 but not exatly at 1191, Ubisoft answered to that saying that Templars masked their deaths so ppl wouldn't think they died by assassins, so it's plausibable that he's his dead :O wonder who would be his twin, good or bad? MAKE YOUR BETS!

Bad. except we may not realize who we've killed till it's to late.

GeneralTrumbo
03-05-2012, 12:38 AM
Bad. except we may not realize who we've killed till it's to late.
:(

Lonesoldier2012
03-05-2012, 12:39 AM
:(

What?

dxsxhxcx
03-05-2012, 12:45 AM

I don't know if I would like this feature but do some missions with the help of one or two assassins at our side would be interesting...

Acrimonious_Nin
03-05-2012, 01:19 AM
will mozart, bach, and beethoven be involved in any way in the upcoming ac3 soundtrack?

The13Doctors
03-05-2012, 01:34 AM
I don't know if I would like this feature but do some missions with the help of one or two assassins at our side would be interesting...

It's the main thing I want. I've wanted it since Brotherhood, they finally gave it to us in Revelations for a sequence, hoping to get it in a bigger way in 3.

GeneralTrumbo
03-05-2012, 01:45 AM
It's the main thing I want. I've wanted it since Brotherhood, they finally gave it to us in Revelations for a sequence, hoping to get it in a bigger way in 3.
I am sure that the whole Assassins system has been reworked to be fantastic.

The13Doctors
03-05-2012, 01:49 AM
I am sure that the whole Assassins system has been reworked to be fantastic.

While I look forward to seeing the new system and I have no doubt that it will be great, I am greatly hoping that having two Assassins behind you at all times was a test for AC3. It worked so well, they followed you everywhere, even swimming and hookblading, and they fought greatly. I hope that they implement a system in which you can have personal Assassins to follow you.

It would add depth to it, making it a bit story based, like you can start a bond with the Assassin that follows you.

GeneralTrumbo
03-05-2012, 01:50 AM
While I look forward to seeing the new system and I have no doubt that it will be great, I am greatly hoping that having two Assassins behind you at all times was a test for AC3. It worked so well, they followed you everywhere, even swimming and hookblading, and they fought greatly. I hope that they implement a system in which you can have personal Assassins to follow you.
That would be pretty awesome. =)

JumpInTheFire13
03-05-2012, 01:51 AM
People should really quit spelling his name "Conner" *cough cough* 13Docs....

GeneralTrumbo
03-05-2012, 02:09 AM
I know right! Its CONNAR

The13Doctors
03-05-2012, 02:15 AM

lol, for some reason got used to it, I know it's mispelled, but I can't seem to bite it. I like Conner anyways :p

Back to AC3, they could implement a way of adding personal experience, a second form of leveling. The higher the personal experience, the more effective your assassin is, like the more team based you two get.

Like after a high enough Personal Level, the Apprentice (for namesake I will call him bob), Bob can split up the guards in a chase.

Say you are in a chase with many guards, then at street corner he turns one way and distracts half the guards, then if you cross over around the block back to him there are less guards and you could both do very well in combat, having moves like running up to him and he gives you a boost into the air which allows you to do an Air Assassination, dynchronized stabbing which end in both of you stabbing the last enemy on opposite sides, stuff like that.

In my mind I am envisioning Conner running with Bob and him splitting up, running up the nearest wall, doing a backflip into an Assassination then quickly rejoin you running. Also, him sliding under a carriage while you slide over it, and other cool tricks.

UrDeviant1
03-05-2012, 02:22 AM
Hells no, I don't some mediocre assassins getting In my way. I got so mad at Lydia In Skyrim I ended up killing her for the exact same thing, bitc* wouldn't get out my way lol. I wanna' take 50 guards out all by myself.

The13Doctors
03-05-2012, 02:32 AM
Hells no, I don't some mediocre assassins getting In my way. I got so mad at Lydia In Skyrim I ended up killing her for the exact same thing, bitc* wouldn't get out my way lol. I wanna' take 50 guards out all by myself.

Have you ever freeroamed with the two Assassins following you? It's a lot of fun. Also, it could be optional...

Lonesoldier2012
03-05-2012, 05:47 PM
She's the Devil.

and i like the idea 13Docs.

UrDeviant1
03-05-2012, 05:51 PM
Have you ever freeroamed with the two Assassins following you? It's a lot of fun. Also, it could be optional...

I haven't actually. I rarely called my recruited Assassins from Bro'hood or Revelations to come fight with me, I kinda just like doin' the business on my own.

Lonesoldier2012
03-05-2012, 06:33 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=BSa0Xg-YadY

This video says that Connor is in Mohawk Valley in 1777 so that means he's born in 1753 when the game starts.

PhiIs1618033
03-05-2012, 06:52 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=BSa0Xg-YadY

It doesn't even occur to you he could be 33 at the time of the trailer?

Grazel69
03-05-2012, 06:53 PM
thought it was already kinda obvious that 1753 was his birth year but nice find could very possibly be true

Lonesoldier2012
03-05-2012, 06:54 PM
It doesn't even occur to you he could be 33 at the time of the trailer?

No way. they wouldn't do that. Altair was only 25 in Ac1. and Ezio was younger then that in Ac2. they wouldn't make him that old to start out with.

FrankieSatt
03-05-2012, 06:59 PM
No way. they wouldn't do that. Altair was only 25 in Ac1. and Ezio was younger then that in Ac2. they wouldn't make him that old to start out with.

Yes, they would make him that old if ACIII was the last AC game, other than whatever DLC they decide to release.

I still stand by my opinion that ACIII wiill be the last game in the series.

D.I.D.
03-05-2012, 07:02 PM
Yes, they would make him that old if ACIII was the last AC game, other than whatever DLC they decide to release.

The company announcements say otherwise. It might be the last until the next gen of consoles.

Lonesoldier2012
03-05-2012, 07:04 PM

Well your wrong. this is the end of the first series. it's the last Desmond game not the last Ac game. and do you have proof that he will be older then that? cause i have alot of proof that suggests he was born in 1753.

FrankieSatt
03-05-2012, 07:12 PM
Well your wrong. this is the end of the first series. it's the last Desmond game not the last Ac game. and do you have proof that he will be older then that? cause i have alot of proof that suggests he was born in 1753.

If I had proof of anything I wouldn't have said "IN MY OPINION".

It really doesn't matter what the age of Connor is. I still stand by MY OPINION that this is the last of the AC games. What use is the animus anymore when Desomd kills off the templars, which IN MY OPINION he will do in ACIII?

When the Desmond story line is done IN MY OPINION the Assassin's Creed series is done as well.

In any case, is there any proof that the series will continue when Desmond is done? I have yet to see any.

D.I.D.
03-05-2012, 07:15 PM
If I had proof of anything I wouldn't have said "IN MY OPINION".

It really doesn't matter what the age of Connor is. I still stand by MY OPINION that this is the last of the AC games. What use is the animus anymore when Desomd kills off the templars, which IN MY OPINION he will do in ACIII?

When the Desmond story line is done IN MY OPINION the Assassin's Creed series is done as well.

In any case, is there any proof that the series will continue when Desmond is done? I have yet to see any.

Why do you think he'll kill off the Templars? How could he kill a worldwide organisation?

The Templars' plan will be foiled, but they're not going to give up and go home. Ubisoft will come up with a new idea for a Templar plan, and then off we go again.

Lonesoldier2012
03-05-2012, 07:16 PM

Ubisoft likes money and there are thousands of stories still left to be told.

Grazel69
03-05-2012, 07:17 PM
After doing a little bit more research myself it seems that this would not be entirely true
first of all let me say that

enough proof for ya? makes less than no sense whatsoever!
because the trailer takes place in 77 he was obviously born in 53
I don't quite get the link between those 2 dates

now further to the point
from the almighty wikipedia
it says Charles Lee(CL) was in Ireland before he went to america(Connor's name meaning something in Irish)
it also says CL didn't get to america before 1754 leaving me guessing that maybe we'll get to play a little with CL before Connor was actually born
at 1755 he married the daughter of a Mohawk Indian Chief and had twins (one of them would be connor)

furthermor CL dies 1782(just a year before the game is supposed to end, seems like a good thing to end a game on)

Lonesoldier2012
03-05-2012, 07:22 PM
After doing a little bit more research myself it seems that this would not be entirely true
first of all let me say that
makes less than no sense whatsoever!
because the trailer takes place in 77 he was obviously born in 53
I don't quite get the link between those 2 dates

now further to the point
from the almighty wikipedia
it says Charles Lee(CL) was in Ireland before he went to america(Connor's name meaning something in Irish)
it also says CL didn't get to america before 1754 leaving me guessing that maybe we'll get to play a little with CL before Connor was actually born
at 1755 he married the daughter of a Mohawk Indian Chief and had twins (one of them would be connor)

furthermor CL dies 1782(just a year before the game is supposed to end, seems like a good thing to end a game on)

Once again Lee could have very well been to that village before he was assigned there and had twins with the Mohawk woman. and that could be why he was sent there because he was closer to the situation. and the connection between the 2 dates is, 1753 is when the game starts. meaning he's 24 in 1777.

Grazel69
03-05-2012, 07:24 PM
proof that suggests something isn't proof :s

FrankieSatt
03-05-2012, 07:25 PM
Why do you think he'll kill off the Templars? How could he kill a worldwide organisation?

The Templars' plan will be foiled, but they're not going to give up and go home. Ubisoft will come up with a new idea for a Templar plan, and then off we go again.

"Cut off the snakes head and the rest will die".

If Desmond kills Vi****, I think that's his name, than I see the Templars not being a threat anymore especiallly knowing that the Assassin's have the apple.

Like I said, it's just my opinion. Without Desmond there is no reason for the rest of the game.

You don't have to like my opinion, but it's mine until something is proven otherwise.

Lonesoldier2012
03-05-2012, 07:26 PM
proof that suggests something isn't proof :s
It's pretty obvious.

Lonesoldier2012
03-05-2012, 07:28 PM

If Desmond kills Vi****, I think that's his name, than I see the Templars not being a threat anymore especiallly knowing that the Assassin's have the apple.

Like I said, it's just my opinion. Without Desmond there is no reason for the rest of the game.

You don't have to like my opinion, but it's mine until something is proven otherwise. d i c k is censored but ****** isn't? okay yeah. also it's Vidic. and just because someone assassinated the president. does that mean the entire country falls apart and will be taken over? no it's happened a handful of times already. and we're still livin free.

D.I.D.
03-05-2012, 07:31 PM

You don't have to like my opinion, but it's mine until something is proven otherwise.

Vidic isn't even the head - there are other people above him in AC1's emails, and no doubt more people we don't know about yet. They can invent whatever they want. We don't know if we'll kill him or just end his plan.

If this is Desmond's last game, perhaps he dies in the process of AC3's ending. That doesn't mean there's no point to the game at all - they just need a new pilot for the Animus. There are dozens of known Pieces Of Eden, and Ubisoft can carry on inventing others if they wish.

Grazel69
03-05-2012, 07:32 PM
Once again Lee could have very well been to that village before he was assigned there and had twins with the Mohawk woman. and that could be why he was sent there because he was closer to the situation. and the connection between the 2 dates is, 1753 is when the game starts. meaning he's 24 in 1777.
do you actually have any idea how ******ed you sound?

there is absolutely nothing that says Connor is born in 1753(on the contrary, history(wikipedia) contradicts that, seeing how CL was sent to america in 1754)
there is absolutely nothing saying Connor is 24 in 1777 only that he is alive at that time and is of adultlike age which could range well between 18-30ish)
The only thing that is sure is that there are 24 years of difference between 1753 and 1777 which tells us absolutely naught!

also you seem to be argueing with me agreeing it is probable CL is Connor's father (which I find weird since i'm agreeing with you on that part)

don't take this to harsh but is English your native language?

FrankieSatt
03-05-2012, 07:35 PM
d i c k is censored but ****** isn't? okay yeah. also it's Vidic. and just because someone assassinated the president. does that mean the entire country falls apart and will be taken over? no it's happened a handful of times already. and we're still livin free.

Yeah, I got his name wrong most definitly. ;)

Also, we are talking about a corrupt organization not a whole country with millions of people. I think if Vidic was killed it would be the end of the Templars, just like when the Emporer was killed in Star Wars it was the end of the Empire.

It wouldn't be unprecedented for it to happen.

Vidic isn't even the head - there are other people above him in AC1's emails, and no doubt more people we don't know about yet. They can invent whatever they want. We don't know if we'll kill him or just end his plan.

If this is Desmond's last game, perhaps he dies in the process of AC3's ending. That doesn't mean there's no point to the game at all - they just need a new pilot for the Animus. There are dozens of known Pieces Of Eden, and Ubisoft can carry on inventing others if they wish.

Like I said, it's my opinion. Right or wrong it's MINE. I don't see a game without Desmond, he's the key to the whole story of the Assassin's and Templars. It's his ancestors we are going through. Are you saying that when Desmond is done that there will be someone else with Ancestor's we have to go through? I don't see it.

D.I.D.
03-05-2012, 07:37 PM

Interviews with Tony Key, mentions in last year's E3 seminar, but most importantly the announcement from the CEO a couple of months back.

D.I.D.
03-05-2012, 07:43 PM
Yeah, I got his name wrong most definitly. ;)

Also, we are talking about a corrupt organization not a whole country with millions of people. I think if Vidic was killed it would be the end of the Templars, just like when the Emporer was killed in Star Wars it was the end of the Empire.

It wouldn't be unprecedented for it to happen.

He's just a high-ranking employee. There are emails you read in the locked room after AC1 ends which make it clear that Vidic is down the chain.

AC1 has an off-screen attack by Assassins on the compound where you're being held, and they got slaughtered. Later in AC2, you find out that the whole order has been decimated and there are only cells remaining, but they still carry on.

Abstergo is a full multinational corporation with tons of technology, property, capital and security, so they're going to be even harder to stop. The game will carry on for as long as the format looks profitable. Then there's the movie deal with Sony, and they'll obviously want to reap the rewards from that.

Lonesoldier2012
03-05-2012, 07:48 PM
do you actually have any idea how ******ed you sound?

there is absolutely nothing that says Connor is born in 1753(on the contrary, history(wikipedia) contradicts that, seeing how CL was sent to america in 1754)
there is absolutely nothing saying Connor is 24 in 1777 only that he is alive at that time and is of adultlike age which could range well between 18-30ish)
The only thing that is sure is that there are 24 years of difference between 1753 and 1777 which tells us absolutely naught!

also you seem to be argueing with me agreeing it is probable CL is Connor's father (which I find weird since i'm agreeing with you on that part)

don't take this to harsh but is English your native language?

In Ac 1 all the people we killed died around 1191 not at the same dates they died but around 1191. Ubi said they prolonged the news of their deaths because they didn't want to reveal it as an Assassination. they could do the same thing and say Lee was sent there beforehand unofficially.

and yes English is my native language i'm American and proud *******.

The13Doctors
03-06-2012, 04:48 AM
I think he was born in 1755, that the game starts 2 years before his birth to show some stuff on politics and stuff, like AC Lineage but in game.

Lonesoldier2012
03-06-2012, 04:49 AM
I think he was born in 1755, that the game starts 2 years before his birth, to show some stuff on politics and stuff, like AC Lineage but in game.

You may be right. i'm adding this to the op.

The13Doctors
03-06-2012, 04:58 AM
You may be right. i'm adding this to the op.

Awesome.

LightRey
03-06-2012, 11:52 AM
I think he was born in 1755, that the game starts 2 years before his birth to show some stuff on politics and stuff, like AC Lineage but in game.

I doubt that. Everything shown in the AC games (except TLA and the intro to ACR, but that was still near Desmond (you were looking at his face)) has always been from the perspective of Desmond. I see absolutely no reason to change that and they can't do it from the perspective of Desmond unless they look at Connor's mother's or father's genetic memory, which seems both pointless and dangerous considering the bleeding effect.

The13Doctors
03-06-2012, 12:01 PM
I doubt that. Everything shown in the AC games (except TLA and the intro to ACR, but that was still near Desmond (you were looking at his face)) has always been from the perspective of Desmond. I see absolutely no reason to change that and they can't do it from the perspective of Desmond unless they look at Connor's mother's or father's genetic memory, which seems both pointless and dangerous considering the bleeding effect.

Well, I may be stretching boundaries A LOT but here goes; Ezio was seen as he was being born, before he was outside in fresh air, while he was inside. Based on that, he can be seen while he's JUST inside... and starting to grow, in third person viewing his mother?

Seriously though, here's some of my favorite quotes; "
True knowledge exists in knowing that you know nothing. And in knowing that you know nothing, that makes you the smartest of all"
and
"One thing I know, that I know nothing. This is the source of my wisdom."
We should assume we know nothing, especially considering they are making it fresh. Also, people are too quick to say; "it hasn't been done before" too often. The fact that something hasn't happened does not mean it can/will not.

LightRey
03-06-2012, 12:03 PM
Well, I may be stretching boundaries A LOT but here goes; Ezio was seen as he was being born, before he was outside in fresh air, while he was inside. Based on that, he can be seen while he's JUST inside... and starting to grow, in third person viewing his mother?

Seriously though, here's some of my favorite quotes; "
True knowledge exists in knowing that you know nothing. And in knowing that you know nothing, that makes you the smartest of all"
and
"One thing I know, that I know nothing. This is the source of my wisdom."
We should assume we know nothing, especially considering they are making it fresh. Also, people are too quick to say; "it hasn't been done before" too often. The fact that something hasn't happened does not mean it can/will not.

That doesn't make any sense. Ezio's genetic memory starts from the point of conception, not birth.

The13Doctors
03-06-2012, 12:07 PM
That doesn't make any sense. Ezio's genetic memory starts from the point of conception, not birth.

That's what I was getting at, Desmond might watch him grow his limbs and stuff, after he develops eyes of course.

LightRey
03-06-2012, 12:21 PM
That's what I was getting at, Desmond might watch him grow his limbs and stuff, after he develops eyes of course.

Oh, like that. Still, that can't be 2 years before his birth.

Lonesoldier2012
03-07-2012, 02:03 AM
Bump.

The13Doctors
03-07-2012, 02:05 AM

I was joking, Will could need to know something about his mother or father then something makes them switch to Conner

LightRey
03-07-2012, 02:09 AM
I was joking, Will could need to know something about his mother or father then something makes them switch to Conner

Possibly, but that would be a serious risk considering the Bleeding Effect.

Lonesoldier2012
03-07-2012, 02:12 AM

After Desmond's intro it could be Connor's father [Charles Lee] impregnating the Mohawk woman then marrying her then it would show his birth. still allowing the game to start in 1753 and have Connor's father be Charles Lee.

The13Doctors
03-07-2012, 02:23 AM

Actually no, the bleeding effect happens after prolonged exposure, a few minutes would not do any bad, also what effect would it have in this case? Desmond would start making epic speeches and screaming at people and decide to never cut his hair? Not much of a risk really. They are working for the Order, they are making risks. The point could be that they think it's Charles but then it turns out he has a secret son later on. Or it could just not be in the Animus and be just for story.

Also, this. http://i44.tinypic.com/2d76a2x.png

Lonesoldier2012
03-07-2012, 02:28 AM
Actually no, the bleeding effect happens after prolonged exposure, a few minutes would not do any bad, also what effect would it have in this case? Desmond would start making epic speeches and screaming at people and decide to never cut his hair? Not much of a risk really. They are working for the Order, they are making risks. The point could be that they think it's Charles but then it turns out he has a secret son later on. Or it could just not be in the Animus and be just for story.

Also, this. http://i44.tinypic.com/2d76a2x.png
Good job Doc.

xsatanicjokerx
03-07-2012, 02:30 AM
Why is there no record of the twins names? i cant seem to find it anywhere, Does that not seem odd to anyone else? surely if he had a son named conner ( or what ever that other name he has is) it would be recorded somewhere.

The13Doctors
03-07-2012, 02:32 AM
Why is there no record of the twins names? i cant seem to find it anywhere, Does that not seem odd to anyone else? surely if he had a son named conner ( or what ever that other name he has is) it would be recorded somewhere.

Maybe it was hidden on purpose, to not tie in connections to him. It may have been hindering to his position as General. Caterina Sforza had a hidden child who's name and father is still unknown.

tarrero
03-07-2012, 02:36 AM

You know that templars tend to erase assassins from history....
Just kidding, imagine if one of the twins side with the assassins, and the other, well.....

Lonesoldier2012
03-07-2012, 02:41 AM

It does. though this way they can make the twin whoever they want.

The13Doctors
03-07-2012, 02:44 AM

Okay, how about when he was in his father? Ala Stewie:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvpbzRf99-8&feature=related

LightRey
03-07-2012, 10:25 AM

You're expecting Desmond to witness a significantly important event in the story before the birth of Connor that only takes a few minutes? On top of that with most ancestors he's had significant trouble getting to certain memories, especially significant ones. I sincerely doubt we'll see anything before Connor, unless it's about Adam and Eve or something.