PDA

View Full Version : I think I'm worried about the length of Assassins Creed 3...

GeneralTrumbo
03-04-2012, 02:56 AM
According to Game Informer, 2 and a half hours of the game was filmed for cut-scenes. Revelations had 2 hours and 45 minutes. Does this mean this game is going to be shorter? :( I want a nice, long game. If it is a numbered title, I expect it to be huge and an amazing game.

JumpInTheFire13
03-04-2012, 03:00 AM
The Frontier alone is 1.5 times bigger than Rome. Plus there's at least 2 cities that we know of. You need a pretty long game to make use of all that space.

tjbyrum1
03-04-2012, 03:02 AM
Three years in the making, developed by a senior team, and more...

Yeah, I think the game will be long enough.

GeneralTrumbo
03-04-2012, 03:03 AM
Three years in the making, developed by a senior team, and more...

Yeah, I think the game will be long enough.
I hope! I just want more details! I want to hear how long the game is in comparison to the other games from the developers themselves!

rileypoole1234
03-04-2012, 03:04 AM
That's not what they said. They said that 2 hours of motion capture was filmed, in the style of Uncharted 3. That doesn't mean that the game will only have 2 hours of cutscenes. They've been making this for 3 years, it's most likely longer than AC2.

GeneralTrumbo
03-04-2012, 03:05 AM
The Frontier alone is 1.5 times bigger than Rome. Plus there's at least 2 cities that we know of. You need a pretty long game to make use of all that space.
I just don't want to believe that they are over-exaggerating.

GeneralTrumbo
03-04-2012, 03:05 AM
That's not what they said. They said that 2 hours of motion capture was filmed, in the style of Uncharted 3. That doesn't mean that the game will only have 2 hours of cutscenes. They've been making this for 3 years, it's most likely longer than AC2.
I'm sorry! I'm just scared for the game. Haha.

Jexx21
03-04-2012, 03:09 AM
FILMED cut-scenes. This means they were actually filming people for the cut-scenes. This may of just been for the facial animations, but still, that's a lot. There may be more cut-scenes that don't involve conversations or watching facial expressions.

GeneralTrumbo
03-04-2012, 03:11 AM
FILMED cut-scenes. This means they were actually filming people for the cut-scenes. This may of just been for the facial animations, but still, that's a lot. There may be more cut-scenes that don't involve conversations or watching facial expressions.
I sure hope so.

Jexx21
03-04-2012, 03:12 AM
I just don't want to believe that they are over-exaggerating.

Then don't?

Don't be. Just wait for the reviews. I'm confident that they know what to do to make Assassin's Creed III the best they can. They may not succeed, but they'll certainly try their best.

GeneralTrumbo
03-04-2012, 03:13 AM
Then don't?

Don't be. Just wait for the reviews. I'm confident that they know what to do to make Assassin's Creed III the best they can. They may not succeed, but they'll certainly try their best.
I'm going to be skeptical until I hear tons of more details. I want a very high content game with lots of replay value.

JumpInTheFire13
03-04-2012, 03:21 AM
After E3 I think I'm going to avoid the forums and the AC Wiki. One of the reasons I didn't like Revelations was because I knew almost everything about it before I even played it.

GeneralTrumbo
03-04-2012, 03:25 AM
After E3 I think I'm going to avoid the forums and the AC Wiki. One of the reasons I didn't like Revelations was because I knew almost everything about it before I even played it.
Well, I think you should at least know a good chunk of features. It helps to give you expectations and builds your excitement for the game.

rileypoole1234
03-04-2012, 03:34 AM

I wasn't trying to be condescending hahah.

GeneralTrumbo
03-04-2012, 03:35 AM
I wasn't trying to be condescending hahah.
Lol. MORE DETAILS ABOUT AC3 UBISOFT! I HOPE MONDAY ALSO BRINGS OTHER DETAILS FROM UBISOFT!

zerocooll21
03-04-2012, 03:36 AM
Yah that an all the fun of finding hidden messages in the trailers. I personally love all the build up, makes it all the more interesting.

Jexx21
03-04-2012, 03:38 AM
I'm going to be skeptical until I hear tons of more details. I want a very high content game with lots of replay value.

Prepare to be disappointed then.Assassin's Creed games aren't that re-playable after you get all achievements and collect everything unless you're just running around the game world and killing people :P

GeneralTrumbo
03-04-2012, 03:38 AM
Yah that an all the fun of finding hidden messages in the trailers. I personally love all the build up, makes it all the more interesting.
Yes..but I do want some more details. I need to know if this game will be worth the real anticipation. I love the trailers though. =) Good thing I have 2 less weeks to wait on the game this year!

GeneralTrumbo
03-04-2012, 03:39 AM
Prepare to be disappointed then.Assassin's Creed games aren't that re-playable after you get all achievements and collect everything unless you're just running around the game world and killing people :P
You're forgetting they redid and rethought everything for Assassins Creed 3. The hunting sounds like it will be great for even after you beat the game. If they have more of that kind of stuff, there will be replay value. This game will not be similar to the other Assassins Creed games. Gameplay will be VERY different.

Jexx21
03-04-2012, 03:46 AM
No, I'm not forgetting that. I'm just saying that the core is the same. Not being re-playable isn't necessarily bad either, I can get 50 hours+ out of one play-through.

You can still feel the urge to play the game again even if the game isn't replayable.

GeneralTrumbo
03-04-2012, 03:48 AM
No, I'm not forgetting that. I'm just saying that the core is the same. Not being re-playable isn't necessarily bad either, I can get 50 hours+ out of one play-through.

You can still feel the urge to play the game again even if the game isn't replayable.
I am just saying they should make the game WANT to be played more. They should add more side things to do.

Jexx21
03-04-2012, 03:54 AM
They are...

To me, the definition of re-playability is to have more content that can change based on your actions in the world. For example, joining a club that would forbid you from joining a certain other club, so you may feel like playing again to join that club.

Or maybe two buildings are on fire, a hospital and an orphanage, and you can only save one. Which one you save may affect what missions you have.

That's re-playability.

Assassin's Creed doesn't allow stuff like that because you have to follow what the character does. So thus Assassin's Creed isn't re-playable. But you can feel the urge to replay the game if you enjoy it. But that's pretty subjective.

GeneralTrumbo
03-04-2012, 03:58 AM
They are...

To me, the definition of re-playability is to have more content that can change based on your actions in the world. For example, joining a club that would forbid you from joining a certain other club, so you may feel like playing again to join that club.

Or maybe two buildings are on fire, a hospital and an orphanage, and you can only save one. Which one you save may affect what missions you have.

That's re-playability.

Assassin's Creed doesn't allow stuff like that because you have to follow what the character does. So thus Assassin's Creed isn't re-playable. But you can feel the urge to replay the game if you enjoy it. But that's pretty subjective.
There should be stuff to do to make the game worth buying. If we had to do exactly what the ancestor did, we wouldn't even be playing after the game was over. I like choice in a game and it being worth going over when done. That is amazing.

Jexx21
03-04-2012, 04:07 AM
Yes, there will be stuff to do. But there will be no true choice, like in RPGs.

We do have to do what the ancestor does. Maybe not exact (see the Full sync options), and maybe not in order (side missions), and maybe not the same amount of times (killing guards, hunting, etc.), but we do have to do what the ancestor does. And we have the same things to do every time we start a game. You won't get a different experience each time you play in terms of story and what mission parameters you have. You can do different things (like, poisoning the target instead of killing him with the hidden blade), but you won't get different results beyond pass, fail, and 50% sync.

Moultonborough
03-04-2012, 05:05 AM
It is said to span 30 years so I don't see them rushing through it. It has to take place before, during and after the war.

Jexx21
03-04-2012, 05:10 AM
Actually, the game ends in 1783 for the ancestor, and that's when the war ends.

GeneralTrumbo
03-04-2012, 05:19 AM
Actually, the game ends in 1783 for the ancestor, and that's when the war ends.
It makes me happy that we will actually be able to play through the whole war. And we even get to start out with the ancestor as a child. =)

Jexx21
03-04-2012, 05:20 AM
We'll be playing as Kid!Connor :P

AnthonyA85
03-04-2012, 05:26 AM
I'm just hoping Desmond's segments will be long enough. I don't want another Revelations flop where it's 10 minutes of Desmond and several days of ancestor. I mean, this is (supposedly) Desmond's final game, and he's got stuff to settle with Vidic, unless Abstergo crash the party at that secret temple the gang is at, which i could live with, since he'll be able to snuff Vidic (though i was hoping Desmond would get his own 'hit list')

GeneralTrumbo
03-04-2012, 05:28 AM
I'm just hoping Desmond's segments will be long enough. I don't want another Revelations flop where it's 10 minutes of Desmond and several days of ancestor. I mean, this is (supposedly) Desmond's final game, and he's got stuff to settle with Vidic, unless Abstergo crash the party at that secret temple the gang is at, which i could live with, since he'll be able to snuff Vidic (though i was hoping Desmond would get his own 'hit list')
I will be very disappointed if Desmond gets a terrible ending and remains at 10-15 minutes of game play.

Jexx21
03-04-2012, 05:29 AM
I hope Desmond gets to go into New York City at least once. I want to see some motorcycle skills :P

GeneralTrumbo
03-04-2012, 05:32 AM
I hope Desmond gets to go into New York City at least once. I want to see some motorcycle skills :P
That would be awesome. I am sick of just running around a bit as him. Lets get some assassinations as him, some significance!

HitzzFromDaBONG
03-04-2012, 05:33 AM
im gonna trust the developers on this one

pirate1802
03-04-2012, 05:48 AM

Words of wisdom.

Jexx21
03-04-2012, 05:49 AM

Me too.

rileypoole1234
03-04-2012, 05:58 AM
They've said the world changes during the game, so I wonder if when you beat the game, will it be like the war ended? Or will there still be British regulars walking around and guarding certain areas. I hope the world changes to the extent I mentioned.

Jexx21
03-04-2012, 05:59 AM
Well, if there are Continental Guards (the Rebel army), we'll probably still be able to kill them.

LightRey
03-04-2012, 09:53 AM

I always do.