PDA

View Full Version : ACR: The Lost Archive Changes?

The13Doctors
03-04-2012, 02:04 AM
I just finished the DLC and I've noticed that many of the things from the trailer aren't in the game. The shots of Lucy, Rebecca talking, I never saw any of that in game.

Seems like key points...?

TheHoll0w
03-04-2012, 02:18 AM
Well we knew what type of dlc it would be and from the previous game play from Desmonds journey i very much doubted we would see actual pictures that haven't been blended into the levels format. The shots of Lucy were an indication to what the dlc was about and Rebecca.....guess they didn't find it important.

imonthenet
03-04-2012, 02:43 AM
I thought was odd too. I actually spent a lot of time waiting for Rebecca to say something (as she does at the end of the trailer) and wondering when she would. I think that maybe those shots of Lucy were in the trailer to show what the DLC was aboot rather than it actually being in the DLC.

GeneralTrumbo
03-04-2012, 03:34 AM
I thought that you didn't care about the modern-day story?

LightRey
03-04-2012, 09:58 AM
The shots of Lucy came from ACII (told ya before didn't I?). I am curious about Rebecca though.

WhiteSheWolf
03-04-2012, 10:31 AM
The Rebecca thing is strange because if you watch the trailer, she's talking to Vidic...

LightRey
03-04-2012, 10:34 AM
The Rebecca thing is strange because if you watch the trailer, she's talking to Vidic...

No, she's not. She's talking about Vidic.

She says: "Vidic. He left him in the animus too long.".

D.I.D.
03-04-2012, 10:40 AM

This. I'm not even sure that there's a word between "Vidic" and "left"; it seemed to me to be just a weird gap ("Vidic... left him in the animus too long") which may well be an edit from the dialogue of ACII or ACB.

WhiteSheWolf
03-04-2012, 10:42 AM

Hmmmmm I thought I heard "Vidic, you kept him in the animus too long" but 'about' does make more sense than talking 'to' him I guess...especially with the reveal in the DLC...

LightRey
03-04-2012, 10:44 AM
This. I'm not even sure that there's a word between "Vidic" and "left"; it seemed to me to be just a weird gap ("Vidic... left him in the animus too long") which may well be an edit from the dialogue of ACII or ACB.

Good point. The dialogue did always sound somewhat familiar.

ace3001
03-04-2012, 11:05 AM
Actually, most of the dialogue from the leaked audio wasn't in The Lost Archive. That's what I find weird.

LightRey
03-04-2012, 11:12 AM
Actually, most of the dialogue from the leaked audio wasn't in The Lost Archive. That's what I find weird.

Eh, yes it was. Did you actually play it? The walkthroughs don't all play all the dialogue, because not all dialogue is played during replays.

ace3001
03-04-2012, 11:22 AM
Eh, yes it was. Did you actually play it? The walkthroughs don't all play all the dialogue, because not all dialogue is played during replays.I did play it. All the way upto breaking the loop. Other than the big Lucy bit and a few bits from here and there, I'm sure not all was there. I could be wrong, of course. I'll go and take a look at the leaked audio again. I still have it saved. :D

LightRey
03-04-2012, 11:26 AM
I did play it. All the way upto breaking the loop. Other than the big Lucy bit and a few bits from here and there, I'm sure not all was there. I could be wrong, of course. I'll go and take a look at the leaked audio again. I still have it saved. :D

Well I played the trailer and I'm certain pretty much all the dialogue in the trailer was also in TLA. There's the stuff in the trailer Clay says before he says "we are nothing", which wasn't in TLA, but it was at least partly in the main game.

GeneralTrumbo
03-04-2012, 11:28 AM
I did play it. All the way upto breaking the loop. Other than the big Lucy bit and a few bits from here and there, I'm sure not all was there. I could be wrong, of course. I'll go and take a look at the leaked audio again. I still have it saved. :D
If anything wasn't there, it doesn't matter much. It wasn't anything important missing if so. The most important thing in the DLC was the part about Lucy and the part with Juno talking to Clay.

ace3001
03-04-2012, 12:17 PM
These bits, I feel like were not in The Lost Archive.

"Good-****ing-bye!" <Clay's voice?>
"Desynchronized" <Animus voice>
"Anyone there??" <weird ailing voice>
"Adam and Eve will know" <feminine voice>
"We are nothing" <Clay's voice>
"Security!" <panicked young? male voice>
"<few words in some foreign language>" <deep voice>
"How can anyone think through this voice?" <irritated voice, Clay's perhaps?>
"What's gonna happen to me? Lucy!" <Clay's voice> (This was in the trailer as well, I believe.)
"Get him back in there, Miss Stillman!" <Vidic's voice>
"I have to get out of here" <Clay's voice, panicked>
"Access denied" <Animus voice>
"No one gets left behind!" <William's voice>
"Mr Rikkin... Oh, **** that's right, he's upstairs. What's his computer doing on?" <Young male voice?>
"Synchronized" <Animus voice>
"There you are, Vidic" <Clay's voice>
"Clay, this is the second extension you've requested" <EZIO'S VOICE??> (Maybe I'm just high, I don't know. :p )

But yeah, you're right. Almost everything is there. (And probably most of what I've listed too, though I can't remember them being in. :? )

LightRey
03-04-2012, 12:34 PM

"What's gonna happen to me? Lucy!" <Clay's voice> (This was in the trailer as well, I believe.)
"Mr Rikkin... Oh, **** that's right, he's upstairs. What's his computer doing on?" <Young male voice?>
"Clay, this is the second extension you've requested" <EZIO'S VOICE??> (Maybe I'm just high, I don't know. :p )

But yeah, you're right. Almost everything is there. (And probably most of what I've listed too, though I can't remember them being in. :? )
What? Almost nothing of that was in the trailer and all of it that was, was also in TLA. Are we talking about different videos here?

ace3001
03-04-2012, 12:41 PM
What? Almost nothing of that was in the trailer and all of it that was, was also in TLA. Are we talking about different videos here?These are from the leaked audio.

The13Doctors
03-04-2012, 12:45 PM

This, from tje trailer too.

LightRey
03-04-2012, 12:49 PM
These are from the leaked audio.
Ah, well that's a whole different story. I'll make a list of what I know was in there.

-not sure
-Pretty sure it was in there
-pretty sure it was in there
-not in there
-at least twice in there
-not sure because of lack of detail, but likely in there, considering the memory where the bleeding effect starts (you hear lots of people speaking in foreign languages at the same time)
-not in there as far as I know
-not in the trailer, but possibly in TLA
-possibly in there
-Definitely in there
-pretty sure it's in there
-pretty sure it's in there
-possibly in there
-sounds awfully familiar, pretty sure it's not Ezio's voice, but pretty sure it's in there

ace3001
03-04-2012, 01:00 PM
Where were the animus voices saying "Synchronized", "Desynchronized" and "Access Denied" in the DLC, btw? Those are actually the only parts that I'm sure was not in there, along with the "Adam and Eve will know". Other parts were possibly in there, though I can't remember well whether I first heard them in the DLC or the leaked audio. :|

LightRey
03-04-2012, 01:02 PM
Where were the animus voices saying "Synchronized", "Desynchronized" and "Access Denied" in the DLC, btw? Those are actually the only parts that I'm sure was not in there, along with the "Adam and Eve will know". Other parts were possibly in there, though I can't remember well whether I first heard them in the DLC or the leaked audio. :|
I'm not entirely sure where. Don't think they were in the same memory, but I am quite convinced they were in there.

Apirka
03-04-2012, 01:52 PM

I'm going by memory here, but as far as I know:

That one is missing.

Pretty sure the Animus never says it's normal lines. It has "Ability (de)activated:" and it has the part where it talks about the Clay Kaczmarek construct in memory 7.

Pretty sure it isn't there.

Not there.

In the trailer, but I can't remember him saying it in the actual DLC.

Nope.

Might that be La Fontaine's quote at the end of memory 4?

Not there.

He does ask that, but I think William, not Lucy.

Vidic says that during memory 4.

I think at the end of memory 6 when he tries to escape after seeing the truth about Lucy.

Actually really pretty sure it's not in there because I would be far too fangirlish over it if it were <.<

Nope. Rikkin's computer is mentioned as where the information Clay gets in memory 3 is, and after he has the memo he seems to accidentally turn on the alarm or something. It's interesting they didn't include it (as well as the security line) since this would make it seem like this guy caught Clay and that is how the alarm goes off.

memory 6 after finding out about the satellite plan.

Not there.

LightRey
03-04-2012, 01:53 PM
You guys have weird memory. I find it appalling that you guys didn't notice Clay said "We are nothing" not once but twice​ in TLA.

Apirka
03-04-2012, 02:18 PM
...Seriously where does he say that? I can remember most of the DLC but not that one line :|

LightRey
03-04-2012, 02:22 PM
...Seriously where does he say that? I can remember most of the DLC but not that one line :|

The first time is during memory 5 I think and the second time is at the end of memory 7.

ElDoucherino
03-04-2012, 02:28 PM
Yes, he does say "We are nothing". I am pretty sure about that aswell...

ace3001
03-04-2012, 02:33 PM
Yeah, even me, I remember it being in the trailer, but not in the DLC. Oh, well, anyway, these things were probably stuff they wanted to add in, but later got chopped off. (Except for the parts that are actually there but I don't remember. :p )

Apirka, have you listened to the leaked audio? I think it predates your time here.

EDIT: Here it is, if you haven't heard it before and if you're interested in trying it out. As you remember much more of the DLC than I seem to, you might be able to track what wasn't in it. :D http://www.sendspace.com/file/37p0tm

Apirka
03-04-2012, 03:46 PM
The first time is during memory 5 I think and the second time is at the end of memory 7.

Oh, I think I vaguely remember the memory 5 one now...

Yeah, even me, I remember it being in the trailer, but not in the DLC. Oh, well, anyway, these things were probably stuff they wanted to add in, but later got chopped off. (Except for the parts that are actually there but I don't remember. :p )

Apirka, have you listened to the leaked audio? I think it predates your time here.

EDIT: Here it is, if you haven't heard it before and if you're interested in trying it out. As you remember much more of the DLC than I seem to, you might be able to track what wasn't in it. :D http://www.sendspace.com/file/37p0tm

Thank you! I hadn't listened to it yet, now.

I'll just list what sounded unfamiliar, apart from your list:

William: "An Assassin is nothing without the support of his team."

Harold (I think): "Anyone there?"

Something I can't make out at 2:46.

Animus: "Glyph upload initiated."

Unknown: "Yes, Mr. Rikkin."

Rikkin: "Oh and bring it upstairs; I just got the 2008 data from my new Italian facility. I wanna look it over in the library."

The quote about the extension is longer: "Perhaps you might consider more time studying physics and less time coding in the computer labs." It's definitely not Ezio's voice.

Vidic: "We will continue our experiments with Subject 16 for another year; perhaps longer."

LightRey
03-04-2012, 03:50 PM
First one I'm sure is in there. It's when S16 gets assigned to Lucy's team for his second infiltration in Abstergo I think. Either that or it was for his previous team if he had one.

Not sure about the second one.

Nothing to say about the third one (I didn't listen to the leaked audio).

Fourth one is definitely in there. Memory 6 or 7.

Not sure about the fifth one.

Sixth one is definitely in there.

Seventh one sounds very familiar.

Eighth one is most certainly in there.

ace3001
03-04-2012, 04:03 PM
That 2:46 bit, I can't make out either. It sounds like English, but not sure.
And you're right about the extension one. Definitely not Ezio, when you hear the second bit. It didn't occur to me that it was part of the same dialogue. But that second bit of it sounds familiar somehow. Maybe it's in the DLC.

LightRey, why don't you listen to it now and see? http://www.sendspace.com/file/37p0tm

LightRey
03-04-2012, 04:27 PM
That 2:46 bit, I can't make out either. It sounds like English, but not sure.
And you're right about the extension one. Definitely not Ezio, when you hear the second bit. It didn't occur to me that it was part of the same dialogue. But that second bit of it sounds familiar somehow. Maybe it's in the DLC.

LightRey, why don't you listen to it now and see? http://www.sendspace.com/file/37p0tm

maybe later. I'm currently busy doing 5 things at once already. D:

ace3001
03-04-2012, 04:37 PM
:O Get off the forums!

LightRey
03-04-2012, 04:52 PM
:O Get off the forums!

xD
Have you seen my post count? Or better yet, have you seen my posts per day count?

ace3001
03-04-2012, 04:56 PM
Some things are better left unseen. :P

LightRey
03-04-2012, 04:58 PM
Some things are better left unseen. :P

xD
It's even worse if you consider that I took a break from the forums for about a year.

GLHS
03-04-2012, 05:05 PM
There is no "Adam and Eve will know." Adam asks "Eve, what is this device?" And Eve replies "Touch, Adam, and you will know." And yes it's in there. There are only a few lines from that list, and the leaked audio as a whole that didn't make it in, but 95% of it was in there. Most notably that was missing was Clay's "Good f*cking bye" and the dude shouting "security!," along with the line about Alan Rikkin being upstairs and his computer being left on. There a couple more small lines, and that's it. I still find the Rebecca line from the trailer super weird, and looking back on it now, I really think they just redubbed Lucy's line from AC2 saying "They left him in the Animus for way too long. Sometimes days at a time." and put it in the trailer as Rebecca's voice for hype purposes to get people interested. Same thing with Lucy's cameo from AC2 where she's running.

LightRey
03-04-2012, 05:11 PM
There is no "Adam and Eve will know." Adam asks "Eve, what is this device?" And Eve replies "Touch, Adam, and you will know." And yes it's in there. There are only a few lines from that list, and the leaked audio as a whole that didn't make it in, but 95% of it was in there. Most notably that was missing was Clay's "Good f*cking bye" and the dude shouting "security!," along with the line about Alan Rikkin being upstairs and his computer being left on. There a couple more small lines, and that's it. I still find the Rebecca line from the trailer super weird, and looking back on it now, I really think they just redubbed Lucy's line from AC2 saying "They left him in the Animus for way too long. Sometimes days at a time." and put it in the trailer as Rebecca's voice for hype purposes to get people interested. Same thing with Lucy's cameo from AC2 where she's running.

Thanks for the clarification. I'll listen to the thing myself later, but from what I've seen so far I think you're right. That first line you're talking about is indeed in there, yes. It's from the start of Memory 5.

Apirka
03-04-2012, 05:22 PM
I went through the database's voice log and "We are nothing." only appears once towards the end of memory 7 (though I was wrong about it not being in there) and the rest of the stuff I said wasn't there... wasn't there. So either the database is incomplete, or those lines are missing from TLA.

GLHS
03-04-2012, 05:23 PM
It wouldn't be the first time a game or movie has done that, right? If you really pay attention to movie trailers, they do that stuff all the time, and then you're like "wait, that wasn't in the movie! Wth?!" They use deleted or altered scenes a lot just to wrack up hype. One I can think of off the top of my head was the trailer for the Silent Hill movie. When Sharron's (The girl) all like "Now is the end of days, and I am the reaper." The line is all distorted with an evil voice mixed with hers, and in the movie, it's just her saying it. They just did it to make it sound more scary for hype. And honestly, I wouldn't blame Ubisoft for doing it. They kinda needed it after the reception AC:R has gotten.

ace3001
03-04-2012, 05:33 PM
What I hear as "Adam and Eve will know" is just after 3:15 in the leaked audio. But yeah, this is a simple case of stuff being deleted off the final product.