PDA

View Full Version : who will be Desmonds successor?

freddie_1897
03-03-2012, 11:22 PM
any ideas for background info and such?

The13Doctors
03-03-2012, 11:52 PM
I don't care for a successor, actually at this point I don't care about Desmond's story. He will just save the world in some sacrificial way or settle down with Eve or something.

I'm currently in it for the stories of the Ancestor, the main focus of each game.

DannyStrong
03-04-2012, 12:10 AM
i think it's way too early to say.

GeneralTrumbo
03-04-2012, 12:12 AM
I don't care for a successor, actually at this point I don't care about Desmond's story. He will just save the world in some sacrificial way or settle down with Eve or something.

I'm currently in it for the stories of the Ancestor, the main focus of each game.
The story of the ancestor isn't their main focus...what makes you think that? They PLAN Desmond's story WAY before the ancestor. The ancestor comes 2nd to Desmond's story. You think that all this stuff happened in Desmond's story for no reason? Shut up. Most people want to see how it ends, child. Just because you don't understand the story, doesn't mean everyone doesn't. Is it too complex for you?

GeneralTrumbo
03-04-2012, 12:13 AM
And Desmond shouldn't have a "successor". If anything, they should just explore the memories of the earlier subjects in a series of prequels.

C112408E
03-04-2012, 12:20 AM
And Desmond shouldn't have a "successor". If anything, they should just explore the memories of the earlier subjects in a series of prequels.

They don't even necessarily have to do that. After ACIII is done, they can just make a bunch of random assassin spinoffs with no relation to the Animus or Abstergo's subjects.

GeneralTrumbo
03-04-2012, 12:21 AM
They don't even necessarily have to do that. After ACIII is done, they can just make a bunch of random assassin spinoffs with no relation to the Animus or Abstergo's subjects.
Yeah, I guess. I would either have what I said or what you said. But, no successor for Desmond. That would ruin half the purpose of the original trilogy of games.

blazefp
03-04-2012, 12:29 AM
If they'll make a "successor" of Desmond than we'll debate that in proper time. The trailer of ACIII wasn't even yet released and you're already talking about ACIII+? It's way too soon forget it

The13Doctors
03-04-2012, 12:32 AM
The story of the ancestor isn't their main focus...what makes you think that? They PLAN Desmond's story WAY before the ancestor. The ancestor comes 2nd to Desmond's story. You think that all this stuff happened in Desmond's story for no reason? Shut up. Most people want to see how it ends, child. Just because you don't understand the story, doesn't mean everyone doesn't. Is it too complex for you?

I understand it perfectly, and I never said it was everyone's opinion.

This is just my own. Each game's main gameplay and story aspect is based on the Ancestor, of course the story also ties in with Desmond's story as well. While it's the center of the current age of the Series, each individual game focuses mainly on the Ancestor part.

GeneralTrumbo
03-04-2012, 12:35 AM
I understand it perfectly, and I never said it was everyone's opinion.

This is just my own. Each game's main gameplay and story aspect is based on the Ancestor, of course the story also ties in with Desmond's story as well. While it's the center of the current age of the Series, each individual game focuses mainly on the Ancestor part.
And how does every game end? Still focusing on Desmond's part. He is definitely going to be getting a huge role here in Assassins Creed 3.

crash3
03-04-2012, 12:38 AM
As long as the series continues after AC3 im not fussed who the next descendant is, and also as long as ubisoft continue to visit amazing time periods with awesome ancestors

The13Doctors
03-04-2012, 12:43 AM
And how does every game end? Still focusing on Desmond's part. He is definitely going to be getting a huge role here in Assassins Creed 3.

Uhm, I know. I did say it was the central focus of the current age of the Series...

I meant each individual game's main focus is the Ancestor's story, be it taking out Taking out 9 Oppressive Tyrants, getting revenge in the name of your family, fighting an oppressive government and securing an ancient artifact, or finding the keys to an ancient temple while helping protect an Empire, AC is mainly about the Ancestor and could very well survive without the descendant.

GeneralTrumbo
03-04-2012, 12:45 AM
Uhm, I know. I did say it was the central focus of the current age of the Series...

I meant each individual game's main focus is the Ancestor's story, be it taking out Taking out 9 Oppressive Tyrants, getting revenge in the name of your family, fighting an oppressive government and securing an ancient artifact, or finding the keys to an ancient temple while helping protect an Empire, AC is mainly about the Ancestor and could very well survive without the descendant.
And everything the ancestor does, does something for Desmond in the modern day. They are merely conduits for Desmond.