PDA

View Full Version : The Setting of the American Revolution --- Thread of Negativity and disinterest...

The13Doctors
03-03-2012, 09:20 PM
Well I thought it only fair to have two of these, one on each end of the stick.

What don't you look forward to in the current setting? What would you think would improve it?

Criticism, go....

Assassin_M
03-03-2012, 09:35 PM
http://memeorama.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/what-have-you-done-meme-rage-face.jpg

LightRey
03-03-2012, 09:41 PM
Better to have them all in the same thread, I suppose.

Assassin_M
03-03-2012, 09:45 PM
http://funny-pictures-blog.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/whatcha-doing-funny-pictures.jpg

rileypoole1234
03-03-2012, 09:46 PM
I love it and I think it's the best setting in the history of video games.

Assassin_M
03-03-2012, 09:48 PM
I love it and I think it's the best setting in the history of video games.
You`re in the wrong thread ;)

eagleforlife1
03-03-2012, 09:54 PM
You`re in the wrong thread ;)

But I just can't help but agree with him.

freddie_1897
03-03-2012, 10:22 PM
christ, I've got to think of something bad ...
its, um, its, hang on, um, possibly making us Brits look evil?
again
just like pretty much every game and film with british people in.
I'm going to be honest, i struggled to find something bad about the game, and i still don't think its that bad.

ACSineQuaNon
03-03-2012, 10:38 PM
I'm worried about the cities and frontier. That stuff seems awesome right now, but after the disappointment that was ACR, I have to remain critical. It's hard to imagine Boston, NYC, and Philly (hopefully included) being as complex, let along as large, as Florence, Venice, and Rome. And what are the major landmarks going to be? What buildings will be able to provide breathtaking views a la Giotto's Campanile or Castel Sant'Angelo.

And I have some reservations about the frontier. It sounds amazing being able to hunt and climb trees, but I'm worried that the result will be a knockoff RDR. I just hope the systems are a lot more interactive and eventful than the "random events" in ACR. Please let hunting be one activity of the many that are currently un-revealed.

freddie_1897
03-03-2012, 10:56 PM
compared to this, ACB and ACR look like test games

n3krOiZ
03-03-2012, 10:58 PM
I'm worried about the cities and frontier. That stuff seems awesome right now, but after the disappointment that was ACR, I have to remain critical. It's hard to imagine Boston, NYC, and Philly (hopefully included) being as complex, let along as large, as Florence, Venice, and Rome. And what are the major landmarks going to be? What buildings will be able to provide breathtaking views a la Giotto's Campanile or Castel Sant'Angelo.

And I have some reservations about the frontier. It sounds amazing being able to hunt and climb trees, but I'm worried that the result will be a knockoff RDR. I just hope the systems are a lot more interactive and eventful than the "random events" in ACR. Please let hunting be one activity of the many that are currently un-revealed.

You, were disapointed with AcR? :O It was better then AcB :P

I have not my reservations for the cities, i pretty much smell it's going to be amazing, i'm more worried to the long swordfights of ac1 not coming back, at least we are now a predator and it seems social stealth will be one of the focus of this game :D

ShaneO7K
03-03-2012, 11:00 PM
http://funny-pictures-blog.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/whatcha-doing-funny-pictures.jpg
lololololol

Jexx21
03-03-2012, 11:23 PM

In the frontier, there will be very very old trees that you'll be able to climb. The GI scans called this landmark trees, and I think they function like viewpoints.

And I'm gonna be honest, even if hunting is the only event, the game still seems miles ahead of the other games.

lettermen0412
03-04-2012, 12:44 AM
christ, I've got to think of something bad ...
its, um, its, hang on, um, possibly making us Brits look evil?
again
just like pretty much every game and film with british people in.
I'm going to be honest, i struggled to find something bad about the game, and i still don't think its that bad.

Well don't be too upset about that. When a country becomes extremely powerful it's easy to make them look like the bad guys. Just look at all the hate for America today, don't think I've ever sceen a movie with the American government in it where they're not doing something bad.. Anyways they've stated that not all the British are bad guys and not all the colonist are good guys. And if you get sick of killing British soldiers theres nothing stopping you from killing some American soldiers.

GeneralTrumbo
03-04-2012, 12:47 AM

Hunting WILL be in the game. The landmarks will be places like "Valley Forge", some military settlements, etc.