PDA

View Full Version : Weapons in Assassin's Creed III

tjbyrum1
03-03-2012, 09:03 PM
Let's list some known weapons for the game.

Hidden Blade(s?) - It is the iconic weapon, so of course.
Tomahawk - Seen in pictures.
Knives/Daggers - Seen in pictures.
Flintlock Pistol - Seen in pictures.
Kentucky Long Rifle - Seen in pictures.
Bow and Arrow- Seen in pictures.
Fists - Pretty much a given.
Swords/Axes/Maces - Seen in pictures.

Past weapons that we know of, but I don't have not yet seen in the pictures, include:

Crossbow - I am 100% positive the Bow and Arrow replaces the Crossbow.
Hidden Gun - I am 100% positive the Flintlock Pistol replaces this.
Hookblade - Haven't seen it, and I would not think it'd be consistent to tell the truth, but who knows?
Poison - Again, can't really tell. But considering you're half Native American, I would not doubt there will be Poison in the game.
Bombs - Haven't seen them, but who knows? I don't honestly think they'd have a comeback after being in Revelations.

Which are you most excited for and why? Also, please notify me of any errors/mistakes.

brick177
03-03-2012, 09:13 PM
Kentucky Long Rifle of the frontiersmen. Basically the sharpshooter of the day.

Jexx21
03-03-2012, 09:15 PM
swords have been seen in pictures.

blazefp
03-03-2012, 09:15 PM
I don't like the tomahawk, it's just not one of my favorites, don't like it at all. I guess it's just about tastes.
I also don't like the pistol, makes things much easier and less stealthy.
I'm pretty excited about the bow I think it's the ultimate long range stealthy weapon. Plus I've heard there's a strong chance that we'll be able to free aim. And it's a lot cooler trying to hit something with an arrow knowing that it isn't as instant nor as steady as the pistol

Jexx21
03-03-2012, 09:17 PM
flintlock pistols in the revolutionary war were practically one shot throw away weapons. It's actually less helpful than the hidden gun.

brick177
03-03-2012, 09:20 PM
flintlock pistols in the revolutionary war were practically one shot throw away weapons. It's actually less helpful than the hidden gun.

Probably why it looks like he carries one on each hip.

pacmanate
03-03-2012, 09:20 PM
Actually, I think the game informer article says he has a hidden gun....
Dual wield maybe with the pistols?!

tjbyrum1
03-03-2012, 09:21 PM
@Brick: Thanks then.
@Jexx: Thanks also.

@Blazefp: Yeah I guess it is about tastes. I like the Tomahawk, just as much as the Hidden Blades and will gladly use the weapon. The Pistol... was fine I guess, but I get where you're coming from. Then again, you're not forced to use the pistol. In fact, I never use the Pistol in the games. I am loving the Tomahawk, and the Bow, but also the firearms (pistol and rifle). Red Dead Redemption is by far my favorite game of all time, and ACIII is getting close to being just that. I enjoy rifle and pistol combat as long as it is used right, and not like in Revelations/Brotherhood.

Jexx21
03-03-2012, 09:23 PM
also, I don't think that the rifle is a weapon that we can actually buy and carry. I think it's more of a weapon that we just pick up off the ground and use a bit and drop it. I say this since I haven't seen Connor carrying it on his body in any way besides holding it.

The13Doctors
03-03-2012, 09:24 PM
I don't like the hidden gun, it makes me feel like Ezio is some sort of Super Saiyan throwing Kais.

I will be enjoying the pistol/s

playassassins1
03-03-2012, 09:28 PM
What about Throwing Knives? I hope they will return.

DavisP92
03-03-2012, 09:32 PM
I'm pretty sure Connor will be able to throw daggers and the tomahawk

ProletariatPleb
03-03-2012, 09:38 PM
I'm pretty sure Connor will be able to throw daggers and the tomahawk
Dagger? That idk But the Tomahawk DEFINITELY needs to be throwable.....I mean...that's exactly why I love it :D

DavisP92
03-03-2012, 09:41 PM
well i mean if we can throw his Iconic tomahawk, the one with the assassin symbol on it (meaning well it's important) so i'm guessing most gamers would pick it back up, i would. But yea so if we can throw that why not throw daggers?

notafanboy
03-03-2012, 09:45 PM
Dagger? That idk But the Tomahawk DEFINITELY needs to be throwable.....I mean...that's exactly why I love it :D

RDR has throwable tomahawks, AC has to have it

eagleforlife1
03-03-2012, 10:04 PM
I assume Bayonets will be wieldable seeing as rifles are.

reddragonhrcro
03-03-2012, 10:21 PM
also, I don't think that the rifle is a weapon that we can actually buy and carry. I think it's more of a weapon that we just pick up off the ground and use a bit and drop it. I say this since I haven't seen Connor carrying it on his body in any way besides holding it.

Theres acutaly an image where he holds a rifle so yeah rifles will be usable here.

Jexx21
03-03-2012, 11:44 PM
Theres acutaly an image where he holds a rifle so yeah rifles will be usable here.

Dude.. I know that image. I'm saying I don't know if you can freaking buy one. We may of just picked it up off the ground.

Learn to read.

Jexx21
03-03-2012, 11:46 PM
RDR has throwable tomahawks, AC has to have it

No they don't, AC and RDR aren't competing.

tjbyrum1
03-04-2012, 01:25 AM
Hmm... am I the only one who likes the Tomahawk?

playassassins1
03-04-2012, 01:26 AM
Hmm... am I the only one who likes the Tomahawk?

Nope, you're not the only one..

TheHoll0w
03-04-2012, 01:27 AM
I prefer the tomahawk as a replacement to swords. By hunting and scavenging you upgrade the materials on the tomahawk so it truly feels like its your weapon instead of just buying the stronger weapon from the store.

Jexx21
03-04-2012, 01:40 AM
I prefer the tomahawk as a replacement to swords. By hunting and scavenging you upgrade the materials on the tomahawk so it truly feels like its your weapon instead of just buying the stronger weapon from the store.

You made this up, it wasn't confirmed in GameInformer

I love the tomahawks also though.

TheHoll0w
03-04-2012, 01:42 AM
You made this up, it wasn't confirmed in GameInformer

I love the tomahawks also though.

I wasn't confirming it...it was an idea....

Jexx21
03-04-2012, 01:44 AM
It sounded like you were stating it as if it was a fact, not an idea. Sorry.

UrDeviant1
03-04-2012, 01:44 AM
I want to be able to duel wield daggers. Daggers were probably my all time favorite weapon from previous titles, partly because of the badass kill animations. Imagine how sick It would look with two!

TheHoll0w
03-04-2012, 01:45 AM
No problem although I do wish we were actually upgrading our weapons but not in the tedious manor ACB provided....

imonthenet
03-04-2012, 02:15 AM
The tomahawk looks awesome, definitely a new feature I'm looking forward to. It'll be interesting how they feature it, I've seen it in a lot of the pictures so maybe it'll be like his 'second hidden-blade' in the fact that it may become upgraded (stronger, lighter etc.) later in the game but never actually replaced by another bought from the store. This would definitely add a more personal feel to the weapon and 'twould feel like it's his take on the second hidden-blade. I'm interested to see if they'll keep the same economy system seen in Ezio's games, I hope not because I would like to feel like that's how business was run in the Renaissance and this is how it's done now. Really though I'll love whatever Ubisoft makes and I completely trust their judgement on this one